Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

Holy poo poo I did a raid at the Starbucks by my house and a dude showed up with 4 iPads and like 2 phones. It was nuts

I have one phone and one account. I am by far the minority in that pgo demographic here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is it a thing to have multiple accounts? I was a bit too shook to talk to this dude about Pokémon but I'm sure I'll see him again

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Is it a thing to have multiple accounts?

very much so

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Until they killed the iPhone 5, I was 3 accounts with 2 phones and 9 of my friends’ log ins

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is it a thing to have multiple accounts? I was a bit too shook to talk to this dude about Pokémon but I'm sure I'll see him again

Not only do people have multiple accounts, people will also share accounts to help them catch perfect mons and/or do EX raids when they aren't available.

I use my google account to log in so that's never happening for me.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Away all Goats posted:

Not only do people have multiple accounts, people will also share accounts to help them catch perfect mons and/or do EX raids when they aren't available.

I use my google account to log in so that's never happening for me.

You can make a fake FB and link it to allow people to login that way, if it's ever necessary.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

dwarf74 posted:

Hmmm, on the one hand, that means I should probably pinap. On the other hand, I don't want to be the guy who finds out it can flee.

Some guy on reddit decided to test it and it took 34 regular poke balls with no throw bonus before he caught it and it didn't run away. So it probably can't flee.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
That is a good tip on the throwaway Facebook account. I have friends that live in pretty remote areas and feel bad for their kids that never see anything good.

Also my bother lives where snow actually exists and is likely our only chance at snowy castform.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Holy poo poo I did a raid at the Starbucks by my house and a dude showed up with 4 iPads and like 2 phones. It was nuts

I see a lot of that in Colorado. If it wan't for them, half of all raids would be impossible.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I think I peaked tonight. Caught a shiny aron, and checked the IVs. 0/0/0.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Psion posted:

does Latios have any real position in raiding/gym battling or is it just yet another dragon type that's not really important compared to my piles of rayquaza and dragonite?

Only good for any baby alt accounts you have as worthwhile raid fighters, or if you want to be disgusting with your SO and have one use a team of Latios and one use a Latias only at raids.

Yeah, it's fun working on themed alt accounts. Useful for things like stacking gyms you won over if they're all the same team, shaving if you have different teams, or just wanting an account on every team. Also useful for raids if you have multiple devices or just for helping out latecomers who are trying to cobble enough people to run a raid.

I remember back in the day some people in the thread condemned alt accounts like it was as bad as being a spoofer but idgaf it's pretty fun to juggle a few with my one device and no spoofing. My main is 38 close on 39, and my others are 33, 29, and 22.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

I missed a couple days. I should get my 7th stamp on Friday.

Really liking the quest system; it's exactly what the game needed.

:eng101: Bug Buzz and Signal Beam are both Bug-type moves.

Sorry, I meant charge beam. :negative: I fail at Pokemon.

Psion posted:

does Latios have any real position in raiding/gym battling or is it just yet another dragon type that's not really important compared to my piles of rayquaza and dragonite?

Apparently they make good Psychic attackers. Being basically bulky Alakazam. Or was that Latias, I always confuse those two.
You know for all those raid bosses that are weak to Psychic.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

During the last community day I saw a dude with one of those old school cloth Trapper Keepers affixed with a dozen phones. That’s too much my dude.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beastyfella posted:

I think I peaked tonight. Caught a shiny aron, and checked the IVs. 0/0/0.

Shinies should really get the stat floor boost that hatched pokemon have

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Even before legendaries were out, alts completely broke the "balance" in the raiding tiers. With just one alt account , you could farm up level 2 eggs, then a bunch of level 3 machamp raids with no problem. Even doing ttars solo was fairly achievable, let alone with the weather boost now. It's solely an issue of having access to a second phone.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I usually play the game just for fun and lugging around two phones for those purposes just doesn't really appeal to me. A lot of the time I'm running around the city, too, so the less weight the better.

I got a somewhat garbage Mew (75%ish) and just used the candy it came with to power it up. I have a massive amount of TMs, so I used about 12 of them total to swap over to a Dark/Psychic combo. Not like I intend to use the thing for fighting.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Darth TNT posted:

You know for all those raid bosses that are weak to Psychic.

Yeah it just sucks when all the raid bosses end up being some kind of psychic type and especially now for Pokemon Go we're like, cool, we're ready to floor any fighting and poison type bosses in seconds...all those...many, many relevant fighting and poison type legendaries....

Just keep building up your army of anti-dragon, anti-psychic, and anti-flying types is all you need to know.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Psion posted:

It's the only dragon available now that has the dragon breath/dragon claw moveset. It's not the highest DPS but it's great if you miss the classic taste of dragonite.

Seriously though, breath/claw is kind of nice for solo gym battles if you like to dodge attacks and pretend this game's battle system is deeper and more nuanced than it actually is.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
The new "don't press okay if you caught it" is a theory that only level 40s have been getting decent Moltres/Mew. This rule doesn't apply to me or my friend that got a 78 Mew because "it's a sometimes glitch."

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

The new "don't press okay if you caught it" is a theory that only level 40s have been getting decent Moltres/Mew. This rule doesn't apply to me or my friend that got a 78 Mew because "it's a sometimes glitch."

This just in, people are dumb as gently caress.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Louisgod posted:

This just in, people are dumb as gently caress.

ding ding

also, level 38 here and caught a 98% moltres this morning. Speaking as someone who has never really been a part of the raiding metagame, quests have been pretty awesome and I hope Niantic continues to build on them.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got my Moltres this morning too :woop:

I forgot to check the IVs, but whatever, at least now I have one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I wonder if the legendary birds via quests will cycle each week. First Moltres, followed by Articuno and/or Zapdos. Seems like the perfect way to get those into hands of people that never had the chance to get them, whether due to joining late or living in a small town.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
please dear god change the magikarp quest to include cottonball wing bird

:negative:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

I wonder if the legendary birds via quests will cycle each week. First Moltres, followed by Articuno and/or Zapdos. Seems like the perfect way to get those into hands of people that never had the chance to get them, whether due to joining late or living in a small town.

That's my hope. It'd be cool if absol was included as well.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Louisgod posted:

The most likely theory at the moment is that they change monthly (so you're in for a couple more moltres before getting something new).

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
All the quests revolve around gen 1 stuff because it's a gen 1 mythical.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My evolve magikarp problem is whether or not I should evolve my lovely shiny one or my 100iv one 🤔

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

seiferguy posted:

My evolve magikarp problem is whether or not I should evolve my lovely shiny one or my 100iv one 🤔

Red Gyrados. Iv’s aren’t important anymore. Gyrados isn’t the ultimate Pokémon anymore

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Louisgod posted:

They 100% should give out every single retired legendary for the weekly quests, it's a great way to reintroduce them

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Louisgod posted:

I think it's supposed to rotate monthly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

dwarf74 posted:

I think it's supposed to rotate monthly.

Makes sense but has this been officially confirmed? We didn't even know Moltres would be the reward until somebody here confirmed it on day 7.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What if it just rotated through all the legendaries every time you got to 7 stamps so you're guaranteed to get one of each

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i just got another ex invite? ok cool?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Ever since I got my first EX pass, I've consistently got one every week since. Got my 5th today.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Put ex passes in the 7th day boxes. Redeemable at any Mewtoo raid happening when there is a wave released. You can only carry one at a time, like the free daily raid pass.

That’s a free tip, Niantic.

Edit: you can up your storage to 2 for 1000 coins = $$$$$$, Niantic

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

flatluigi posted:

What if it just rotated through all the legendaries every time you got to 7 stamps so you're guaranteed to get one of each

it should do this. raids freaking suck to do but would give better rewards

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Got my first ex raid pass today. Anything I need to know going in?

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
Show up a bit early. Ttar with dark moves is a great counter. High powered bugs work too. Mewtwo isn't too difficult as far as raid bosses go. Be patient with your throws and you have a very good chance of catching him.

Also remember to wash up, be friendly and don't swear loudly in public places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Still 0 passes. Not that I'd ever be able to make Tuesday @ 10:30am or whatever.

• Locked thread