Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

as long as you get communion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I shook Craig Jelineks hand yesterday. Also he pulled me aside and said he does not give a gently caress about condiments. To each their own.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

Guy makes his own Costco Beer Commercials.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Flaggy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

Guy makes his own Costco Beer Commercials.

I feel bad for him having to drink that much KL.

Hilarious commercials though.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

KakerMix posted:

I don't care what other people eat, kiss, wear or screw so I don't have strong opinions on condiments either and I think this is a pretty reasonable opinion template to work with. If I did boy would I be exhausted!

Having an opinion about a thing and talking about it briefly on the internet doesn't seem that exhausting to me. Might I suggest getting more sleep?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The flour tortillas the Co sells are dog poo poo.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got the 6 lb pack of kirkland frozen hamburger patties today. That was always one of those things I bought at the supermarket because I never want that much hamburger and I have a small freezer. They're pretty damned good for plain frozen hamburgers though and way cheaper. Gonna have to try out the sirloin patties next.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

belt posted:

I got the 6 lb pack of kirkland frozen hamburger patties today. That was always one of those things I bought at the supermarket because I never want that much hamburger and I have a small freezer. They're pretty damned good for plain frozen hamburgers though and way cheaper. Gonna have to try out the sirloin patties next.

Is there a decent way to cook these without a grill? I like a good burger but I have not had much luck broiling them in the past; they become very inferior steamed hams, and the George Foreman grills become a mess of grease. :(

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

Is there a decent way to cook these without a grill? I like a good burger but I have not had much luck broiling them in the past; they become very inferior steamed hams, and the George Foreman grills become a mess of grease. :(

cook them in a pan? cooking burgers in a hot cast iron pan is superior to cooking them on a grill anyway

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

also the pro burger costco move isn't to buy their premade frozen patties, it's to buy their choice meats and grind your own (some brisket, some shortrib, some sirloin...)

i have a costco chuck roast in the sous vide right now for dinner tomorrow night

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

SirPablo posted:

The flour tortillas the Co sells are dog poo poo.

You aren't talking about the Tortilla Land tortillas right? Because those are the loving bees knees.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Mo_Steel posted:

Don't you ever put anything in a George Foreman grill. Put the George Foreman grill in the garbage where it belongs. Put burgers in a really hot pan and then consume as soon as possible.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

You aren't talking about the Tortilla Land tortillas right? Because those are the loving bees knees.

I can't remember the brand offhand. They are flat and lifeless. Why not have some soft, chewy, absorbant Mission tortillas?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The problem lies in purchasing premade patties. There's no point in that because burgers are super easy to make yourself out of, say, kirkland ground beef, and then you get to use high fat content beef and season your own patties, and put in some ground pork and/or or lamb if you want.

Make your own burgers, season your own burgers internally and use the meats that you want with the fat content you want.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

SirPablo posted:

I can't remember the brand offhand. They are flat and lifeless. Why not have some soft, chewy, absorbant Mission tortillas?

Well Tortilla Land tortillas are raw, which should help identify them.

Also you have lost all credibility by using Mission tortillas as an example good brand but whatever

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Tortilla Land tortillas are fantastic!

Also fantastic are the new Kirkland chocolate peanut butter protein bars. I haven’t tried the cinnamon roll ones but I’m sure they won’t disappoint!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
why is no lard a selling point

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

ArbitraryC posted:

It's only a selling point for lovely white people.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ArbitraryC posted:

Fat in food averse Americans and tortillas are largely made with lard in Mexico.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hypnolobster posted:

It's only a selling point for lovely white people.

Tbf certain religions to which I think is more of a consideration than whining vegetarians in this case.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

binge crotching posted:

I feel bad for him having to drink that much KL.

Hilarious commercials though.

18 a day, 5 days a week.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Costco a few blocks away got approved poo poo yeah.

Best part was watching the NIMBY fucks complain about it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Joburg posted:

Tortilla Land tortillas are fantastic!

Also fantastic are the new Kirkland chocolate peanut butter protein bars. I haven’t tried the cinnamon roll ones but I’m sure they won’t disappoint!

The cinnamon roll ones are vastly inferior and taste really weird. They're still edible but I'm not a fan. The worst part is the consistency. They're real soft and it's like eating mush.

What sucks is that in their other pack with chocolate and cookie dough, the cookie dough ones are much better and I don't like the chocolate brownie ones that much. i want a box with peanut butter and cookie dough :argh:

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 5, 2018

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

Well Tortilla Land tortillas are raw, which should help identify them.

Also you have lost all credibility by using Mission tortillas as an example good brand but whatever

I've never tried the raw ones. May give them a whirl.

Also, Mission are great. So what.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Renegret, I discovered that online you can buy a whole box of each flavor of Kirkland Protein bars! No more suffering through the lesser flavor!

(I tried a cinnamon roll bar and I agree, it was not good. And I also don’t like the chocolate brownie ones.)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Joburg posted:

Renegret, I discovered that online you can buy a whole box of each flavor of Kirkland Protein bars! No more suffering through the lesser flavor!

(I tried a cinnamon roll bar and I agree, it was not good. And I also don’t like the chocolate brownie ones.)

!!!!

Also sometimes I buy the Pure Protein bars but the chocolate ones of those are gross too. Sometimes I think there's a conspiracy to use Costco to offload lovely flavors by packaging it with good ones.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

yo 3.99 for 36 mission tortillas. only the divine power of costco can make that level of savings and value. PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Their Pure Protein shakes are fantastic. The bars kinda suck.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nature valley protein bar is tops imho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so i moved to a new area, and there is a Costco right next to my place. i decided to give it a try! i went in there to only "pick up a few thing" bread milk and eggs mostly, but i ened up spending over $100. this place is dangerous! also the people are like animals at a zoo, it was madness in there

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I'm the milk bags

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Math You posted:

I'm the milk bags

:canada:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Costco can be dangerous to the wallet sometimes. I always get a dog first because if I shop at Costco while hungry it usually means I'm spending 400ish bucks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
all those prepared salads and meals at the back were very tempting. but I am a single man and not a family of 5 so i didn't think i could eat the whole thing before it went bad

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rutibex posted:

all those prepared salads and meals at the back were very tempting. but I am a single man and not a family of 5 so i didn't think i could eat the whole thing before it went bad

They are all really good too. I got the shepherd's pie a few weeks ago and it was pretty tasty! The salads are great, and if I'm feeling low effort I will get them for family events/parties. I really like the spinach salad, except the dressing is way too sweet.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Rutibex posted:

every pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Peachfart posted:

They are all really good too. I got the shepherd's pie a few weeks ago and it was pretty tasty! The salads are great, and if I'm feeling low effort I will get them for family events/parties. I really like the spinach salad, except the dressing is way too sweet.

It's not a party until someone brings a giant $10 Costco vegetable platter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I drink their vanilla shakes for breakfast on the reg!

If you wanna get fancy, blend in some fruit with it!!!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nature valley protein bar is tops imho

I like the Clif Builder bars, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Every flavor of these are good. The caramel looked disgusting but proved to be absolutely unstoppable as far as flavor is concerned.