Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good morning sunshines! :sun:

...and grandicap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
:sun: I'm a son :sun:

Tired Moritz posted:

as the sunniest person in this thread, I suggest we make mr. blue sky our theme song

I can get behind this

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

A little late on the draw to worry about the integrity of the game after roles are out and day has begun.

Those aren't roles, right? They are blessings and curses based on highest and lowest post counts at the end of each day.

A curse that only benefits town and only is a detriment to scum is not in the spirit of what the curse is supposed to do IMO.

It should be a downside for whoever gets it, of whatever alignment, it should never be a boon.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Why not that song by They Might Be Giants?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Grandicap posted:

Those aren't roles, right? They are blessings and curses based on highest and lowest post counts at the end of each day.

A curse that only benefits town and only is a detriment to scum is not in the spirit of what the curse is supposed to do IMO.

It should be a downside for whoever gets it, of whatever alignment, it should never be a boon.

I agree but also, gently caress lurking scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Uhh... Yeah this seems like a pretty pro town thing so probably only scum would be complaining about it

If I were scum I would bring it to AA's attention privately in the hopes that people would not come to the same conclusion that I did if a sumbro got tagged with the curse.
It wouldn't be me because I'm not going to be the lowest postcount.

By bringing it up in the public, if AA does not change it, I have forwarded the idea that if you are town you should not follow the restriction, and therefore become mod-confirmed town. And if someone has the PR after being the lowest post count, and refuses to not follow it, I will vote them without hesitation.

Because it is a game-able curse, I think it should be removed from the game, because solved games are not fun. (Its why we don't do dethys)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I agree but also, gently caress lurking scum.

I mean, gently caress lurkers. Alignment is irrelevant.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Grandicap posted:

I didn't say they were a role. I said that commenting on a curse that's been in the op from the get-go only after D1 has started and role pm's are sent is waaaay too late.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I do agree in the feeling that if someone is town and got the curse and intentionally refuse to do the pr just to be town-confirmed, it would be very lame. but I can't really shame someone for doing something that is beneficial to town so idk.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

I didn't say they were a role. I said that commenting on a curse that's been in the op from the get-go only after D1 has started and role pm's are sent is waaaay too late.

Not really, AA coming in and saying they were removing a thing from the table would be low impact to the game considering not a single bless or curse has been disributed.
And yeah, it would have been ideal if I had noticed it before the game started, but I noticed when I got my scum PM. I mean, once Gulag quoted it, because skimming OPs is a thing that we all do.

But I'm done talking about it, I have made my recommendation, a mod can do what a mod wants now.

PS I will talk about it again if people start using it as part of a "case" against me, because not talking about it then would be dumb, and I am only occasionally dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
One and only mod note: I never really got into dark souls, I'm terrible at it and own all 4 games and dlc surprisingly, and have only played DS1 for about 5 hours without getting very far. Unintentional memery. My bad lol

Without getting involved in the discussion of the game setup, I at this time intend to change nothing, but reach out to me privately if you really are at odds with it. If 4 or more complain, I'll change it, but absolutely no changes to the mechanics beyond day 1.

Love,

AA

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Grandicap posted:

Not really, AA coming in and saying they were removing a thing from the table would be low impact to the game considering not a single bless or curse has been disributed.
And yeah, it would have been ideal if I had noticed it before the game started, but I noticed when I got my scum PM. I mean, once Gulag quoted it, because skimming OPs is a thing that we all do.

But I'm done talking about it, I have made my recommendation, a mod can do what a mod wants now.

PS I will talk about it again if people start using it as part of a "case" against me, because not talking about it then would be dumb, and I am only occasionally dumb.

I think it's fine because town could also fake the PR to make scum think they don't have, for example, the Hated curse, since that would make them an easier mislynch target.

Tired Moritz posted:

I do agree in the feeling that if someone is town and got the curse and intentionally refuse to do the pr just to be town-confirmed, it would be very lame. but I can't really shame someone for doing something that is beneficial to town so idk.

also someone being confirmed town kinda makes them an easy NK target because you can never lunch mod-confirmed town, so it's not like it's 100% a benefit, especially with roles that work better when hidden

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Uhh... Yeah this seems like a pretty pro town thing so probably only scum would be complaining about it

kill ##vote anon

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Hello all, I am sunshine aligned. Just as I saw my role PM the irl began shining and I was able to soak up some glorious rays.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Hello all, I am sunshine aligned. Just as I saw my role PM the irl began shining and I was able to soak up some glorious rays.

I, too, am a lizard.

Pls do no t/f check this statement.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Gulag why you so mean you sun hating scumbo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Dark souls sucks

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

willie_dee posted:

are you sure that wasnt your safeclaim pm?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Gulag why you so mean you sun hating scumbo
you keep talking about scum and it is very suspicious

:thunk:

##vote anonymous narcotics

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

Hmmm :thunk:

b-minus1 posted:

##vote b-minus1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Xad posted:

Hmmm :thunk:

##vote b-minus1

:stare:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
you said he was talking about scum

you mentioned the word scum in your post

:thejoke:

good job

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
mindblown.gif

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Jonathan Fisk;

If you were scum, how would you read that interaction between Xad and b- just now?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Rhjamiz posted:

Jonathan Fisk;

If you were scum, how would you read that interaction between Xad and b- just now?

what the hell is this lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Goddammit, name changes are not allowed.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

Jonathan Fisk;

Rhjamiz, if you were town, what would you hope to gain from this line of questioning

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Rhjamiz, if you were town, what would you hope to gain from this line of questioning

A reaction I might be able to read, and to jumpstart discussion.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rhjamiz posted:

A reaction I might be able to read, and to jumpstart discussion.

Here's a reaction for you: Any particular reason you called out JFisk specifically?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Good job bird! I feel like I would have had a shot if town hadn't checked out so hard at the end.

Also the ambiguity over what roles could actually be capable of (two night actions cough cough) worked against all efforts to hunt Cell effectively. Irsmart and Macs refusal to believe that you could be both a tracker and perform a nk sealed their loss.

All in all it was fun tho! Would sign up for dbz Mafia again.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Well gently caress me im dumb. Wrong thread lol.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Xad posted:

Here's a reaction for you: Any particular reason you called out JFisk specifically?

I picked a random name from the list who was not in dbz Mafia.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rhjamiz posted:

Well gently caress me im dumb. Wrong thread lol.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'd have sworn that I hit reply in the dbz Mafia game but it ended up here. I'm going to blame the Awful app.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

announcement: :carol:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

b-minus1 posted:

are you sure that wasnt your safeclaim pm?

Check the weather in South West UK, it's been awful for weeks and just today we got some sunshine

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

well don't just leave us hanging

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GulagDolls posted:

:allears:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the emote was the announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
oh

• Locked thread