Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

You have to get up really early in the morning to get one past Mittens.

big nipples big life posted:

shitposting is not a destination, it is a journey

The goal of life
is to make your heartbeat
match the beat of the universe,
to match your nature with Nature,
to Shitpost and shitpost often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 5, 2018

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

I do. It's a pathological need to defend the indefensible. Chris is the core reason (though hardly the only one) that the project failed, and the core reason his earlier projects failed. Painting it as him being "a perfectionist" makes it sound like he's too good for this cruel world, rather than the more accurate picture that he's an inept thumb. It also diverts attention away from his ineptitude and makes it about word definitions instead, like it did ITT.

He’s the worst kind. He’s a poser perfectionist who has no idea how to describe what he actually wants, but he’s more then happy to tell someone that something they’ve been slaving over for days (from his last feedback session) is not what he is looking for. Thus, sending that person spiraling for another batch of days and nights trying to come up with something he will like. Any CIG people reading this and having some ptsd from the description?

DA was the only studio I’ve ever had the displeasure of sleeping under my desk numerous nights. Many employees had pillows next to their desk, and it was a prairie dog culture. If someone popped up late at night from their cubicle and tried to go home, everyone else would pop up and look at that person and they would either sit back down, or know they were getting ratted out the next day to the leaders.

A couple of rat-outs and you were gone

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mne nravitsya posted:

He’s the worst kind. He’s a poser perfectionist who has no idea how to describe what he actually wants, but he’s more then happy to tell someone that something they’ve been slaving over for days (from his last feedback session) is not what he is looking for. Thus, sending that person spiraling for another batch of days and nights trying to come up with something he will like. Any CIG people reading this and having some ptsd from the description?

DA was the only studio I’ve ever had the displeasure of sleeping under my desk numerous nights. Many employees had pillows next to their desk, and it was a prairie dog culture. If someone popped up late at night from their cubicle and tried to go home, everyone else would pop up and look at that person and they would either sit back down, or know they were getting ratted out the next day to the leaders.

This is why I tell youngsters to stay out of games programming. They don't know that this poo poo is out of order.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/DavidAlloggia/status/981909469704663041

But Bearris, that is the game. All the Forums Dads made sure they whined and complained about realism until all fun was removed from the game.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

3.1 is worse than 3.0, which was worse than 2.6.7.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm going to go a teensy weensy bit out on a limb and tentatively suggest that there might be a pattern here

You are looking at it with the wrong metric. Worse how?

In Parps per Billion, it is tripling every patch.

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Jason Sextro posted:

Right. Chris is not an artist, and I'm sure he sees himself as no mere artist. He's a black turtleneck-wearing auteur.

According to Da Vinci, "Art is never finished, only abandoned." It is clear from this perspective that portions of Star Citizen are already unequivocal examples of art, and, as a whole, the project is well on its way to becoming a work of art of unprecedented scale and caliber. Therefore, Christopher Roberts is undoubtedly an artist of undeniable consequence.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Danke. Also, I couldn't have done it as successfully without my Goon army :grin:

I also want to thank Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Ortwin Freyermuth, Ben Lesnick, and all the other unknown fuckups working on the project, for their encouragement and support.

You forgot Toast.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Golli posted:

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

And Chris Roberts has sworn a vendetta against both

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are probably not going to be very good.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet, I just want to salute you for your endless loving patience with these monglords. I'd have banned them all out of sheer irritation years ago.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

And Chris Roberts has sworn a vendetta against both

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

Beet, I just want to salute you for your endless loving patience with these monglords. I'd have banned them all out of sheer irritation years ago.

He is banned from posting so what he is doing is constantly editing that single post to have a 'conversation' :lol:

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Hav posted:

This is why I tell youngsters to stay out of games programming. They don't know that this poo poo is out of order.

The problem comes when you hire people who absolutely love what they do (and would be willing to do it for almost free because it’s their dream job) and then put them in a meritocracy culture. Then you get a fanatical team of over workers that refuse to let the next person in the cube over do better then them. It also promotes a toxic culture of dragging down colleagues to management, constantly, in order to try to secure the biggest bonus check by poo poo talking their teammates contributions.

A particular top AAA studio that a huge amount of vets and greenies think they would love to work for has quite a long history of seriously under-paying salaries, and promoting the “if you go above and beyond” you get the big bonus checks. See all those sportscars in the parking lot? That could be you too!

Kids today think that making games must be as fun as playing games. It’s not: it’s more like a factory job for most of the team who doesn’t get to influence meta Design or Art direction. But don’t listen to me. Based on Reddit: I know nothing of real game development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Much like Star Citizen, the perfect shitpost is the one that's never posted

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are probably not going to be very good.

:wrong:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Wait gently caress, I think you're right :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Counterpoint: The perfect shitpost is every one that is posted.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mne nravitsya posted:

Cold War Era Joke posted:

A wicked man goes to hell and is being given the guided tour by the Devil himself. The implements of torture are plentiful and the wailing enough to wake the dead would that they could ever sleep here.

The screams grow ever louder as they found a corner and come upon two vast, bubbling cauldrons filled with desperate souls being forever boiled alive. One cauldron is surrounded by a busy legion of pitchfork wielding demons while the other is completely unattended.

The man, perplexed at the sight, asks his guide, “What going on here?”

“Oh, well these cauldrons are where we keep our Americans and Russians. The American one needs constant attention for when one climbs out, he starts helping the next and soon you have a real flight risk on your hands.”

“And the Russians?”

“Ah, yes, well fortunately we don’t have to bother with them at all. If one does start trying to climb out, the other Russians just pull him back in again.”

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

This is the dude currently sending me PMs about how calling Ben Lesnick a racist pedophile is character assassination and he's going going to get me kicked off reddit for it :allears:

That's what you get from calling Ben Lesnick a racist pedophile (who is fat). Justice is served!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Ben Lesnick doesn't even work for CiG anymore, checkmate goonie.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bears. Bears will save us;

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

But Bearris, that is the game. All the Forums Dads made sure they whined and complained about realism until all fun was removed from the game.

I'm pretty sure you just doxxed David Alloggia.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

It may just be a spacing issue

shitpost

poo poo post

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Another shot of nice hat cat dog turned up... majestic af

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/6/thread/april-subscriber-update

April Subscriber Update

It is time for the Subscriber Monthly Update!

As you probably know by now, the beginning of the month means there’s a new ship to fly. Starting today all active subscribers will still have access to fly the Razor until the end of the month. We thought this would be a great way to kick off the 3.1 patch. Have fun zipping around the universe in this fast craft!

If you haven’t checked out our Perks feedback thread yet, hop on over! We’re looking for your constructive feedback on what you like or don’t like about our current benefits. Check it out here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/6/thread/subscriber-s-program-feedback-discussion

As of tomorrow you'll see our first April Vault offering, stayed tuned here for further details.

I am also excited to announce our Imperator and Centurion Subscriber Flair for this month. This will be awarded later this month so if it interests you you should subscribe now and get your hands on these custom skinned Gemini Pistols. Keep your eyes out for more information around these great items as we get closer to releasing them.

Fidget spinner guns don't seem like a great idea on second thought.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hav posted:

Bears. Bears will save us;

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

*Ahem* you loving uneducated cultural chauvinist. Besides me there are also other people who use their real names, like The Titanic (actually RMS Titanic), Peter Gabriel, and Mr. Big Nipples Big Life, who has the raddest name.

This is true. And using RMS is doxxing me thank you.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

*Ahem* you loving uneducated cultural chauvinist. Besides me there are also other people who use their real names, like The Titanic (actually RMS Titanic), Peter Gabriel, and Mr. Big Nipples Big Life, who has the raddest name.

Peter Gabriel is probably the coolest name in the thread. If only he wasn't so :argh: all the time.

And please don't doxx The Titanic.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bravo

Edit:
familiar face at the Grassy Knoll;

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 5, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

This is the dude currently sending me PMs about how calling Ben Lesnick a racist pedophile is character assassination and he's going going to get me kicked off reddit for it :allears:

Release the piss tapes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Ah yes, why do you trust GOONS, noted goon and sc troll 'Beet_Wagon'? WHY?

Thread good again!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Thread good again!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
do you have them in 3xl please I will take 2

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Pixelate posted:

Just wait for the ship optimisation you...

I am going to go out on a limb and say if the game removed (doesn't load or render) half the poo poo you've supposed to have/see, that's going to increase your fps. So I can see how you'd go from 20s to 30s fps. But what do I know, right? :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
yes yes YES.

And it gets ruined by the typical cock blocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo:

I remember when some of those retards were knocking me for having an external transition camera in Battlecruiser/Universal Combat because - YES - that poo poo is boring. I know.

- Target planet
- Press a key
- Enter planet (ext transition camera)
- Done

And if you want a precise location

- Set waypoint on planet
- Target planet
- Press a key
- Enter planet (ext transition camera)
- Done

:allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 5, 2018