Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Takeover is going to be very good. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Don't worry they're migrating her to some tied up t-shirt and daisy dukes redneck gimmick.

Racist redneck, apparently! :eng101:

At least according to house show reports.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I really enjoy EC3's theme.

I cant wait for Takeover as well!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the UK Championship is the only one not being defended on Wrestlemania or Takeover this weekend?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aphrodite posted:

Don't worry they're migrating her to some tied up t-shirt and daisy dukes redneck gimmick.
But does she hunt her own gay meat?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Last time Naito stopped being tranquilo he lost to Okada at WK, so I look forward to NXT Champion Aleister Black.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am all the hype for Takeover :getin:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The best part of ec3's entrance was his butt wiggle and they fuckin cut it out of the youtube clip.

Also I'm very excited for the floppy boi ricochet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Well there's maybe like 1% of original wrestling themes that are listenable outside of wrestling.

But that's what I mean, maybe it works better timed with his entrance and video and lights and crowd noise and whatever. His TNA theme benefited huge from that.

It definitely helped the debut of the theme, for sure.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

I spent way too much time on this for such a stupid thing but

:siren: BEEP BEEP :siren: everyone aboard the Takeover New Orleans hype express, motherfuckers

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 5, 2018

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hyped as gently caress for Takeover.

I still don't understand for the life of me why they looked at their statuesque former-marine good-mother all-American really-strong lady and thought "she needs to be an unlikable heel."

I also still don't understand why Vanessa Borne is on the roster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I spent way too much time on this for such a stupid thing but

:siren: BEEP BEEP :siren: everyone aboard the Takeover New Orleans hype express, motherfuckers

I love everything about this :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The North American Title isn't the horrid palette swap everyone feared, and actually looks really nice;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJExbQZ4OZs

Also STAC Goat, in case you're curious, here's EC3's first entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ui8xCg8DD4

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

abraham linksys posted:

no worries! i ended up hanging out with some locals who were happy to explain the angles to me, haha. this is obviously kinda off-topic for this thread but both shows that weekend were an absolute blast, and I was particularly impressed by the local women - wouldn't be shocked if some of them end up in NXT, in addition to heading off to Stardom and whatnot

and yeah, your take on Devlin makes sense - after the women's show Sunday, they taped some little thing by the merch tables where he chatted with Martina and he was just all smiles and seemed even more charming than smiley Finn. I think he wouldn't have a space in NXT right now, but could see him showing up on the WWE UK show (that will probably never actually launch), and if he got some kind of edge to him he could eventually do well in WWE I think

Yeah Debbie and Raven have been touring that match around Ireland, and they're being trained really well. We have a few schools run by people who came up in the 2000s when the scene was dead in Ireland, so they were touring Europe, a lot of that knowledge is being passed along now within Ireland. Valkyrie and Katey Harvey have more experience than Debbie and Raven, they go to GWF in Germany these days. I'd say Debbie Valkyrie and Raven could all make the move. Katey I hope does, but she might not have the look they want. she's great though.

He's absolutely lovely as a person. He dislocated a thumb on friday, broke it attempting to put it back in, and still wrestled a match on the Saturday. He works really well with Martina, they have a sort of 'She irritates the poo poo out of me but I love her' relationship. Like she's a dog who keeps shagging the carpet. I'd see him as good on 205 live, but I'm not sure Vince at least would see him going higher. I hope he does though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Been watching some EC3 stuff and god, he's awful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God how do I always forget how loving cool Ricochet is? :hellyeah:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

There are a bunch of cool dudes in the ladder match.

I've never seen Ricochet do anything ever :downs: so excited to see what he can do.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

Set for next week's NXT:

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/981694790533136384

Also Lacey Evans's gimmick is loving terrible. Thanks for reading my bad opinion.
Make Evans Great Again

21 Hoot Salute posted:

BEEP BEEP

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DarkstarIV posted:

Set for next week's NXT:
Also Lacey Evans's gimmick is loving terrible. Thanks for reading my bad opinion.

Sometimes I think censorship might be a good thing for terrible opinions such as this.

Good Opinion: Kairi Sane is terribly over rated and Lacey will have a better career than her when all is said and done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Count me as one of those who think Lacey Evans' gimmick really is terrible. I haven't got a goddamn clue what they're trying to do with a 50s pin-up look combined with commentary constantly referring to her as a hardass military veteran.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

Count me as one of those who think Lacey Evans' gimmick really is terrible. I haven't got a goddamn clue what they're trying to do with a 50s pin-up look combined with commentary constantly referring to her as a hardass military veteran.

Maybe they want people painting her on the side of bombs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Von Linus posted:

Maybe they want people painting her on the side of bombs.

Oh she's the official poster girl for the XFL?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lacey seems to have bad ideas for gimmicks anyways. I think both of her recent gimmicks have had at least some sort of xenophobia or racist elements involved. Her other gimmick was being paired with the Forgotten Sons, which is apparently a racist version of the Revival according to some house show stuff.

Also maybe Rovert can confirm/deny this, but I have heard Lacey is incredibly paranoid/bitchy at the PC and oversees tryouts. Which is a recipe for disaster.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 5, 2018

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Ember Moon looks like she ate a lemon before doing her angry promos. Just let her wrestle and keep her off the mic, jeez.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I've never seen Ricochet do anything ever :downs: so excited to see what he can do.

If you want to wait and see that's cool but if you have Netflix you can see him on Lucha Underground.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

21 Hoot Salute posted:

You've seen inferior versions since every wrestling move was invented by him or Billy Ostrich

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Accident Underwater posted:

If you want to wait and see that's cool but if you have Netflix you can see him on Lucha Underground.

Dude.....That’s Prince Puma....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is he flipper than Will Ospreay?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

21 Hoot Salute posted:

You've probably seen other wrestlers do the things he can do, but he does them with a smoothness that makes everyone else look levels below him (Also he can do a 630)

Edit: Ospreay would be the 1B to Ricochets 1A in the rankings of high flyers in the world

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
shut it down, we've reached peak point https://www.instagram.com/p/BhMXiluHUTx/

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Rarity posted:

They're about the same.

It's good.

His matches with John Morrison in lucha underground were my intro to him and gat drat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ahem

also, the new belt looks really nice IMO

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

:vince:

Was this week's nxt TV a good recap? Missed most of the tv since last takeover outside of reading spoilers due to life events (and now vacation travels) and wondering if I should try catching up with it or stick to whatever packages are on wwe.com

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

also, the new belt looks really nice IMO

That belt looks great. I appreciate that Hunter is into classic looking titles, but with a modern touch.

(Yes yes I know he's still a jerk I know)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Today I finally decided that my need to see Johnny Wrestling get revenge is stronger than Kenny beating up Cody so I'm on the Hype Bus.

(Besides, I expect Takeover will be done before the big ROH matches. WHY ARE THE TWO SHOWS OPPOSITE EACH OTHER WHYYYYYYYYY?)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rarity posted:

Will Ospreay is a dorky white dude trying to imitate Ricochet. Every thing Ricochet does has more weight and snap to it and he makes it all look effortless. Ricochet is also way stronger and a top tier wrestle hunk.

It's slipped through the discussion but I can't believe how effectively and succinctly the NA title video package got across every character. The future of WWE video packages is in good hands.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The UK title looks a bit silly since they only regularly use 3 UK guys and the rest of the title defenses are just against US guys. I thought PROGRESS and EVOLVE were supposed to be feeders for the WWE, they really should just go all-in and show clips of those promotions and the belts being defended at them on a Saturday Night clip show or something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am excited for Ricochet to acheive his dreams of flight when the powerful Lars Sullivan hurls his body into low earth orbit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Will Ospreay is a dorky white dude trying to imitate Ricochet. Every thing Ricochet does has more weight and snap to it and he makes it all look effortless. Ricochet is also way stronger and a top tier wrestle hunk.
Ricochet is a better flippy man but Ospreay works better matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Will Ospreay just has the one match over and over.

• Locked thread