Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I don't have the rest available, but I'd like to do a writein for Grimoire:

D) Hide it somewhere in the city, and make it a scavenger hunt. Place clues around the city as to its location, so that the best diabolist may win. Scatter the initial hook in the school library, randomly in the city, and Lotti's room. Give her an extra clue so she has a leg up, but that it isn't guaranteed.

While this probably isn't the most efficient way to go about it or whatever, I think we can all agree it is the most fun and impish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

WereGoat posted:

(CourValant :argh: nah j/k is all good, PI is stopped, Erika's appearance is delayed!).

Sorry! Didn’t know you had an update all loaded and ready to go, I’ll try to not post too late in the cycle next time; I know what a pain it is to have to scrap whatever plot you wrote for the PI before we stopped him, Mea Culpa! :)

V'Por smirked at the PI’s indecision and apparent susceptibility to the Powers of the Infernal.

“That’s right tough guy, just sit back and let us Imps take you for a ride.”

Leaning in close to the man’s other ear, V'Por continued to ‘sell’ him on the alternate imp-spective, “Your employer, they’re playing you for a fool! It’s a framed job, see!! You’re their patsy, their fall-guy, the turnip farmer right off the truck, see!!! They point you at some innocent shoemaker, you bust a few heads, and then get caught with whatever ‘evidence’ they gave at the start of this hoot-a-nanny affair, see!!!

My advice, go back to that crazy dame, and show her the consequence of trying to pull a fast one on you, see!!!!”

Action

> ‘Sell’ the PI on the alternate imp-spective: 1d10+5 13 [1d10=8]

Vote: Bat-Wings!Tail!

CourValant fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 28, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

CourValant posted:

Vote: Bat-Wings!

We got bat wings for free, so you can do a wing action if you want and vote on tail or fangs! :)

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

CourValant posted:

Sorry! Didn’t know you had an update all loaded and ready to go, I’ll try to not post too late in the cycle next time; I know what a pain it is to have to scrap whatever plot you wrote for the PI before we stopped him, Mea Culpa! :)

Nah don't worry, I've just been a bit disorganised the last few years days :-)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Erator noted that they were beginning to attract some unwanted divine attention, and so he went after the most dangerous targets of all. If they could get the Angels to leave them alone, the sky really was the limit.

Hypnotise an Angel into leaving the Imps alone to do what they wanted unopposed: 1d10+5 7 1d3+5 7

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 5, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Successful Businessmanga posted:

We got bat wings for free, so you can do a wing action if you want and vote on tail or fangs! :)

Thanks for the tip!

WereGoat posted:

Nah don't worry, I've just been a bit disorganised the last few years days :-)

:ocelot: :)

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Snikt marveled at his the new pair of teeny bat wings that tore through his flesh mere moments ago. Not enough to really soar, but enough to flit to and fro. Plus the tips were kinda pointy, which is always nice.

The grimoire now finished, the imp paused to consider where his sharp talents should next be applied. Of course! They needed to stop that dratted PI and find their new budding diabolist!

Snikt made his way to where V'Por was plying his trade. All that talk about the broad setting the PI up gave the imp an inspired idea. He flitted over to the PI's desk and summoned a small assortment of metal engraving tools and set them slightly out of sight. They were of course ingeniously marked on the handle in a way that was guaranteed to make the PI believe he was being framed!

(4 HELL GOLD FORGING ONLY! Property of the Broad P.I.)

Forging Graver Forgeries: 1d10+5 14

Happy with his brilliant scheme Snikt flitted outside and started laying out a trail for Lotti to follow. A trail of breadcrumbs, if you will. Except that instead of breadcrumbs, he used something a cobbler/milliner/diabolist apprentice would instantly recognize: small needles tinged with demonic essence. He started laying them outside in a convoluted and hellish pattern sure to draw her back home!

Trail of Needles: 1d3+5 6

---------------------
Voting Pointed Tail for max pointiness and grimoire goes to Lotti.

WereGoat, I love that image of Snikt finishing up the grimoire! :kimchi:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Pity was particularly distressed at Lotti's disappearance. If the shoemaker was busy looking for its youngling then it might forget to pay the rent.

Pity resolved to keep the other imps focused on her recovery with a potent brew of imp stimulants.

Brew Imp Stimulants for the Lotti Search Party: 1d10+5 12
Brew Imp Stimulants for the Lotti Search Party: 1d3+5 8

---
Voting fangs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brug looked at the sloppy handiwork on Snikt's fake evidence. No, this would never do, but it was a good start. Sure, it was a good idea to convince the flatfoot someone was trying to set him up, but it'd be far better if he looked so guilty the guards would be after him. Time to improve the forgery.

ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

Now it perfectly fit the PI's grip, was engraved with the PI's own handwriting, would fool even the smartest guard and it had the mark of a notorious criminal who dealt in hellmade goods the PI often used as an underworld informant. One last trick, it also faintly smelled like the cigars used by the town's biggest crime lord.

This would set the PI on the crime lord's trail and set the guards on the PI's if they found it. No doubt some of his famous cases that involved hellmarked gold would be called into question by the time this was over.

Upgrade the forged evidence: 1d10+5 9

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Torb flexed his new wings in glee. Things hadn't been like this since 8.732451 millennia ago, when they had taken down Planar zone #9809724 from the inside! Good times, good times.

Well, the new diabolist had run off and Gottfried was doing nothing interesting, so what was a sorcerimp to do?

Oh, Flux was doing cool magic. He could help out with that!

Channel mana to Flux: 1d10+5 7

Huh, that didn't go so well. Flux was boring anyways. Better to do something more fun!

How about using some Sorceror's Blood to summon a hellhound puppy, temporarily, to help track down the silly girl?

Hellpuppies: 1d3+5 7

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Winky the Cleaning Imp could see what was going on, despite his uniquely-conspiratorial visual impairment. All this grease soaking the walls and surfaces of the shoe shop, all these burning wax candle-ends piling up everywhere - it was like someone was trying to start a fire make a huge mess of the place!

"Daltooooooooon~!" Winky screamed in a piercing squeak, wringing his tiny fists to the seven heavens hells. That little meddlesome dirt magnet was up to something hellishly fiendish again, Winky could tell.

"That's it," Winky declared loudly to himself. "It's late enough in the rainy season - it's spring cleaning time!" He took a handful of what the good Physicker Imp Pity was handing out and set to work.

Winky knew that the entire interior of the shoeshop and the shoemaker's home was going to need a major structural overhaul, and soon. The wardrobes would need sorting, the drawers would need re-organizing, the tools and work table would need to be cleaned and sanded down. The walls would need a fresh coat of paint and a good de-greasing... Winky started removing everything of value and moving it all outside behind the shop, where it could be cleaned in the open air and fresh moonlight, as was proper. Family heirlooms, jewelry, silverware, prized furniture, paintings, rugs, personal mementos, all the things that mattered to the silly humans most, Winky threw into the priority bin.

Cleaning Out the House of Valuables - Spring Cleaning Style!: 1d10+5 12 (:siren:13:siren: with fangs)

Once the shoemaker's shop and home had been completely gutted and all the shoemaker's worldly possessions moved outside, the thorough cleaning of the shop interior could properly begin - good thing Winky had recently grown out his wings!

With all the extra time his wings afforded him, Winky set aside time to work on a little side project he'd concocted. Winky theorized that hell-made gold was just as good for getting Lotti into magic school as any mundane earth-made gold, you just needed the right cleaning agents and some elbow grease and the infernal bindings on the gold could be rubbed right off!

Buffing the Hell-Marks Off the 5 Hell-Marked Gold: 1d3+5 7 (8 with fangs)

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 30, 2018

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Well, darn. This was getting a bit more complicated, but Slick was beginning to have an idea! Every contract or deal had a loophole or two, and he considered himself an expert on this kind of thing! Poor Gottfried was looking a little worse for wear, so he put his genius scheme into play to nurse him back to the peak of health. Surely this one couldn't backfire! He draws out a knife, and clumsily attempts to end Gottfried's life! If only someone could save him in time!

Kill Gottfried!: 1d10-3 7. Angels 1d10 3
Kill Gottfried, round 2!: 1d5-3 1 Angels 1d10 9

After the first stab, he was kind of worried, maybe this hadn't been such a good plan after all...

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pyros flexed his wings experimentally. His brethren were loosing more fiendish power into the world...excellent.

In the meantime it was time to do what he did best - appear as something he was not. Dark power coalesced around the little imp, and soon where the imp a powerful, imposing human male stood.

Appear as a powerful and imposing man: 1d10+5 9

The totally-not-an-imp-like-man sat down next to the PI. "I have a job for you, should you choose to accept it. Can you look into the Widow James, give me a character assessment?" She was spoken highly of by the men at the bar. "In exchange I may be able to provide you with...information."

Use super lying skills: 1d3-3 0

Well, if only Pyros had fangs. Still, maybe we could get somewhere...

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Molly delivered a long, googly side-eye at Pity's stimulant-brewing endeavor. Talk about amateur hour! Still, the physicker seemed to be barking up the right tree, and finding Lotti was crucial to her plans. Hard to get a cushy familiar gig with an absent diabolist! In the spirit of infernal synergy, Molly decided to lend a claw; jacking her finest heart-popping pharmaceuticals into the tear ducts of all the searchers.

"Heehee, this'll get 'em peepin' through time, Pity-my-Pie! Hopefully this bunch won't vibrate themselves aflame...but you're a doctor, right? NO PROBLEM!"

Stimps for Lotti Lookers!: 1d10+5 11/12 with Fangs

Lucky duck! Molly had some primo stygian crank left over! Shoeman could make a little extra polish on the side selling her surplus! If he didn't know what he was selling, all the better!

Improve Cashflow...with DRUGS.: 1d3+5 6/7 with Fangs

Voats
Fangs
B, but make sure to put some rad, and borderline inappropriate, cover art on it to really make the kids think it's cool. Tittywizard on a unicorn shooting lasers at a dragon.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm at work and can't access the dice site, if someone could roll for me I'd be very appreciative.

Prole cackles gleefully. Yes, it was all coming together rather nicely. The time for revolution was neigh, and with it a complete abolition of rent! He need only gather the masses, grease some palms with the extra gold, and set them loose....

Gather the organized and non-organized masses from far and wide outside local points of power 1d10+5

Start a mfing riot! 1d3+5

Fangs
D) My earlier write in

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Prole Rolls!
Gather the organized and non-organized masses from far and wide outside local points of power: 1d10+6 14
Start a mfing riot!: 1d3+6 7

Hey people, just a heads up, next update is going to be delayed. With the imp upgrades all the images will need updated, and it takes a wee bit of time, plus I'm already behind on last update.

Instead, Fridays update will be the mini update plus image updates.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 30, 2018

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Ted chooses a new cosmetic! Let's get a nice accountancy visor on him!

Something had to be done about that PI. Ted clambered into the investigator's office and took a look around. Before long, the imp found it. The detective's web of intrigue. Every one of the predictable ding-dongs had some old unsolved case they were creepily obsessed with. Ted took note of the most likely suspects and began working on some incriminating tax forms. The guy on the board with the most circles around his picture now had some mysterious holdings somewhere inside a nearby mine that was closed for being dangerous.

Ted positioned the forged documents as if someone had slid them under the PI's door and made his exit.

Lure the PI somewhere dangerous: 1d10+5 6

When Ted got back to the Shoemaker's workshop, he took a look over all the books. A lot had changed, and it was obvious Rodrick's bookkeeping skills weren't up to snuff.

Improve Cashflow: 1d3+5 8

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The PI had been slowed down, but it was time to make him be gone for good. But murder and conspiracy was all so boring. Clearly, this guy just needed a change in lifestyle! All that drinking and monologuing couldn't be good for his long term health. So as the man fell asleep at his desk that night, bottle in hand, Stallone snuck up and whispered into his dreams.

"You've been at this a long time. Sure, it's got its ups and its downs. Mostly downs. But you can deal with that. You're a tough guy. But there's one thing that really eats at you after a while. It's all the lying. Clients, witnesses, suspects... they all lie to you, thinking you won't find out. That you won't know better. And not being able to trust... that gets to a guy, after a while, you know? All that paranoia and suspicion. And you've gone through all of that over the years, and for what? A shithole office, and worse booze? The chance to get lied to by some spectacular dames? Please. That's a bad deal and you know it. But you haven't been able to find your way out. But maybe... maybe there's a way.

There's been a lot of cows around lately. Funny thing, that. Don't seem to belong to anyone, either. Hell, they're in the way, most of the time! You'd be doing everyone a favor if you rounded them all up and led them out of town. And you know, a herd of cows... that's a good start for a guy, isn't it? Drive them out onto the plains, use your cows to get more cows. That's a living, right there. And with how people are going crazy for new shoes, the leather's going to be in demand, too. It'd all be so easy. Just head out there with your herd, get a whole knew life going. Cows don't lie to you. Wolves and coyotes will try and get your cows, but they're going to be honest about it. It's a better life. A healthier life. And maybe, if you play your cards right... you might even find a clue towards the legendary herd of the Rancher King. They say he drove it--the biggest herd you've ever seen, with the biggest cows--to the end of the Grand Trail, waiting for someone worthy to come and claim it. You're a smart guy. You know a few tricks. You could make that happen. Just gotta get going. But hey, going off a dream is crazy, right? You'll need more of a sign than that. You'll need something to show you that this was really meant to be."

With a snap of his fingers, Stallone left the office, leaving the PI's snores and a quiet mooing behind him.

Whispers of the Grand Ranch: 1d10+5 10

Have A Cow, Man: 1d3+5 8

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
->

Hat. was pleased. Lotti had done an excellent job of finishing the practice hats, and the shop was well-stocked. Sadly, the apprentice was nowhere to be seen. Hat hoped she was OK.

The shop seemed fine in the capable hands of Dalton and Flux, so after making a few more hats Hat left the premises (for the first time) to see if any of her fellow imps needed help. Erator was trying to hypotise an angel (how had he managed to find one?) to lessen their influence upon the imps. Hat quickly grabbed a hat and chalked a spiral onto it, then spun it in front of the captured being.

Helping hypnotise an angel: 1d10+5 8
More Hats!!!: 1d3+5 8

EDIT: Grimoire vote: ThatBasqueGuy's plan.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 30, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

(rechecked last update for binding ignores as I forgot, also changed Pity's section after a re-read revealed I had that imp interacting with the wrong apprentice, sorry malbogio! Thanks to everyone who has pointed out the errors and missed sections, is much appreciated :devil:

Also, FANGS have won as an upgrade, so that's locked in now. The grimoire vote will remain open until next update.)

Tilda, Expert Herb Gatherer, Secret hedge witch
HP 15/20
Mana 6/0

Tilda cursed under her breath. Something was wrong, and Rodrick wouldn’t see it. Couldn’t see it. Something was wrong with their house. Something was wrong with Gottfried. But most importantly, something was wrong with Lotti. She had been acting strangely the last few days, and after she ran off today there was something off about her. An aura.

She kneeled in the herb garden, partially obscured by the leafy fronds, and removed her dagger. Sharp, clean. She cut into her hand deeply and winced, twisting the blade, drawing the blood out. Normal blood, weak. But still full of natural energies that could be used. She healed her hand with some of the mystic power, and prepared the rest.

Herb gatherer uses blood magic!
Herb gatherer cuts!
Skilled! Unsorcerous target! 6hp transferred to 6 mana!
Herb gatherer cuts wound away!
Unskilled! Mana drain 1! 1 HP restored!

How long had it been since this was last necessary? 10 years? No, 14 years ago, before Lotti was born, that was the last time. That life was behind her now, it seemed like a different person entirely.
What happened to the others? She hadn't thought about the coven in years. They were so close back then, but now… Now they thought she was dead. Did they finally draw the attention of the angels? Did they get away with it all and go into hiding too?

The angels, better take precautions.

Herb gatherer Slices through angel’s perceptions!
Master! No mana spent! Actions hidden from target group angelic host

They were strange creatures, outside of time, unbound to any place. That did make them easy to avoid thankfully. As long as you didn’t draw their attention they seemed to be completely unaware of you. Just as well, they did not like blood magic. Not as much as some magic, at least she wasn’t casting anything infernal, but enough that they would happily appear and geas you up. Speaking of which, time to see if her suspicions were well founded.

Herb gatherer Sharpens vision!
Master! No mana spent!
Demonic intrusion detected!
Mastery~ Source- Gottfried

Why. Why would Gottfried do this. Was this his idea of helping? Sorcerers are meant to be a master of all magic, codifying and quantifying everything. Pulling spells from every which discipline and sanitizing them. But here he was, summoning imps of all things? He has NO sense of right and wrong. No understanding of the danger he had put them in. The risk he had put Lotti in.

While Rodrick was working in that infernal machine, Tilda stepped up the stairs. In the floor, she cut into the wood. Lightly, precisely, she carved protective wards under Lotti’s bed, then her own. She hoped it would be enough.

Herb gatherer carves protective wards!
Unskilled! Mana drain 2!
Herb gatherer carves more protective wards!
Unskilled! Mana drain 2!

As she finished, the door of the shop opened. She heard a voice. Lotti was home. Now she could find out what was happening.

“Lotti, could you come up here?”

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 30, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Midas the Transmutation imp saw the dangerously flammable items being stacked up everywhere and decided that he'd need to keep transmuting more of the store into gold if it was to remain standing:

Fireproof the shop again: 1d10+5 9 +1 from fangs 10

The new wings came in really handy to get around everywhere

and again: 1d3+5 8 +1 from fangs 9

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 2, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brug finally noticed the batlike wings had come in, but it didn't have any other ideas for things to do. Guess it was time to go back to the shoe store and actually do the job Gottfried intended. Now, how to make a forgery of a shoe?

Of course! Change the shoes so they look like designer fashions from distant countries. Rodrick could pass them off as brilliant new designs and get rich selling them! No one would ever know they were clever forgeries.

Upgrade shoe quality: bootleg boots!: 1d3+5 6

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Night 6/7

Gottfried rubbed his wrists, trying to return the feeling of them. That dog had popped back to check on him, and was easily fooled by his towering intellect. Freeing him from the imp’s bonds. It was only a matter of time before the stupid mutt mentioned something to the Dean, precious little time to put things in order before he was summoned.
Easy. He had learned from the last few days. Always read spells through to the end. But his power was unquestioned. He’d had the morning to rest, the afternoon to prepare, and now he was ready.

Grimoire in hand, he gestured to the floor, precise finger movements, he intoned the spell. Stupid imps, they were about to find out what happened when you crossed a master of sorcery!

Gottfried casts binding circle!
Unskilled! Mana Burn!
Gottfried's mana drops from 20/20 to 18/20

“I’m ready, you messed with the wrong sorcerer you impy little bastards!”

Imp summons continue 17 imps summoned!
Gottfried's mana drops from 18/20 to 1/20

The imps appeared in a tight circle on the floor of Gottfried’s room, bunched together, pushed into place.

“Haha! Got you!”

Brug Cheese and Molly smiled to each other. Just as expected. In unison, the three stepped forward, pushed through the empowering circle.

Forge spell 1 pays off! Additional bindings subverted! Imps improved!

“What!? No, you… Ha! Thought you had me fooled? Take-THIS!

Gottfried casts dismissal!
Unskilled! Manaburn!
Gottfried's mana drops from 2/20 to -5/20
Gottfried taked 5 hp damage!

A ball of white flame struck each imp in their middle of their chest. Burning through, holy fire. No… Unholy fire!

Forge spell 2 pays off! Dismissal dismissed!

Slick moved first, moving in with a knife! Blood everywhere, he flitted out of the way of Gottfried’s pathetic punches and landed on his shoulder, ready to~oooo~

Killing a filthy practitioner of diablerie? Sounds good to me!. Slick made one final cut across Gottfried’s exposed throat, and he fell to his knees, gurgling. He died. But then didn’t.

All this angelic intervention was getting worrying. As Slick thrashed and was consumed by the angelic parasite, Erator waved his watch in front of him, hypnotising. Hat plopped a hat they conjured on his pyramid head. As more angelic representations appeared to shepherd away Slick, Hat was there to obscure their vision with enchanted beanies. And when it was done, the blue imp had a whole bunch of magical hats left!

“Krrrrrrgh!” Gottfried’s unliving body flailed around the floor where the imps left him. He was clawing at his skin, peeling at it, oh cute! His undying soul is trying to claw itself free of his mortal form! Haha, the little guy is gonna tire himself out, real quick, right now his soul is tied to his skeleton, and that’s going nowhe-RRRRIIIPPPPPP.

Now Gottfried was dealt with, the imps hopped to the task of finding Lotti. How were they to give her those final secrets of diablerie if she was hiding? Snikt flitted about the city, leaving a trail for her to follow, something to draw her out. Torb tried to flush her into the open with some hellpuppies (the smaller, cuter versions of hellhounds that were available to the lesser members of the demonic hierarchy.) Some of that sorcerous blood made the process easier.: 2d10 10

Molly and Pity were waiting. Watching the needle trail. Checking the puppies reactions to spell-scents. Wait for it… Wait for it… A needle pinged. The puppies yapped. DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS FOR ALL THE SEARCHERS DRUGS DRUGS! Everything was a bit of a blur after that. Rocketing through the city following the trail, back to the shoemaker’s workshop. Oh she was back home. A minor perception altering against an unspecified target. She would need to learn to be more specific in future if she wanted to be a better diablerist! Unspecific spells were what killed Gottfried! Oh, yeah, sorry Lotti, your uncle’s dead. Mostly.

Leaving her with that news, the pair of pharmacists went looking for more buyers. A word here, a whisper there, yeah the shoemaker would notice an uptick in minor purchases of “shoelaces and polish”. He didn’t need to know what he was really selling.

Ted nodded in approval at this new revenue stream. He finished filling out the details, squaring everything away. Business was up up up! Winky just kept buffing that hellgold. Assets were useless if you couldn’t use them! Or if they left a worrying evidence trail. Still more work to do. The hellgold could wait for now.

Actually, there was more urgent tidying to do. The cleaning imp zipped around with lightning speed, moving valuables out of the house, stripping the workshop bare. Everything was hidden out back. Nice, now the house could be cleaned down tomorrow thoroughly. This made Brug’s forgery slightly easier, all the plans he needed to alter were all in one place!

The empty workshop was all set for burning. Flux had an idea, and with some assistance from Torb, altered the runes they laid down earlier, just slightly. Hey, now the fires would be magically altered and never extinguish! But also, the building would never really burn. Or rather it would always burn. It was complicated. But it would be the best of both worlds, insurance money, but keeping the shoeshop intact.

Dalton surrounded the space with candles, candle nubs, waxy remains of old candles. How romantic! And of course, matches, firelighters, flint, things to get those candles going. Hmm. He looked over to Prole who had a burning torch he was preparing for something. Could he just light- here and here- great thanks! Midas just transmutated the surfaces (again!) underneath the pyromaniac imps. That’ll teach them!

Prole shrugged at the scene playing out before them an teleported away. He had been working for days, and now everything was in place. Hopping person to person, place to place. Whispers here, angry shouts there. A little gold where it was needed: 2d5 10 In no time a mob was mobilised. Ready to bring revolution to the town! No rent for anyone! Smash the oppressive powers!

Smash the oppressors? That was the word on the street, but it wasn’t anything that Joe Melvin, PI was interested in. No, give it a few days and it would all cool off. He took another drink, but when he set it down, there was someone to his right he didn’t recognise. Pyros in disguise. He had a job for him, investigate a widow? Joe took the job, but there was something fishy going on here…

He returned to his office and picked up his-hey what’s that? He picked up the carving tool, and felt his blood run cold. It was a setup. (Snikt sniggered from where they hid, perfect!). Who would do this, who… that smell. He breathed deep. He’d recognise that smell anywhere. Big Larry.

This went deeper than he realised. He picked up the tool and stabbed it into his conspiracy board, straight into Big Larry’s picture. The mine. That’s where this filthy web was centred. Shipments to and from… Yes it was all coming onto focus. Ted smiled to themselves, mortal minds were so pliable. Something that V’Por knew well. As the PI turned back, the imp straightened it’s tie, and hit him with the “truth”, he was the fall guy all along. Erika, Big Larry, the whole lot had set him up. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Heheheheheheeee! The imp vanished, leaving the PI alone. Erika was gonna pay for this! Big Larry was gonna feel the hurt!

Later that evening, the Pi staggered back in. He was singed, cut up. Needed to get away for a while, he had made some major enemies tonight. Stallone waited patiently as he packed his things, and made some very convincing suggestions, the life of ranching. Herd the roaming cows nearby, head out, lay low. Joe Melvin, PI cattle herder just nodded, bundling his clothes into a pack and leaving at a run.

-----

Across town, a figure sits in shadow. A glowing pyramid casts the shadow away and stared at her, unblinking. “He failed. A pity.” “But the location, a shoemaker? We were expecting the school, were ready to move” “Well, yes. Lucky really.” “Lucky?” “How exactly would we operate freely in the school? No, this is better.” “Hmm” “I’ll send my men out to investigate the shoemakers of the city, you will give them the assistance they need to track down the gold.” “Do not abuse our hospitality. We wish to find the source, to stop the demonic incursion, and will NOT enable your petty avarice.” “Of course not, but if we find the gold, we find the summoner, yes?” “” “And you need someone here inside time to track them, don’t you? Otherwise you’d just appear next to them and do your thing, yes?” “Very well. Your men will have angelic assistance.” “And you will stay with me. Just in case our diabolic friend is feeling particularly vengeful.” “As you wish.”

-----

As the shoemaker descended the stairs and was confronted with the empty workshop, his heart sunk. Everything from the last few days gone. And more, all his tools, everything was missing. He frantically searched for it all. Where is it?
“It’s out here”- Lotti spoke from the back of the house. When did she get up?
Everything was all neatly stacked. Organised. It was strange, and worrying.
“Get your mother, I’m heading to the market.”
“I’m already up” Tilda spoke from the stairway. “I have some things to do.”
“Me too!” Lotti rushed over.
“Oh, I thought we could all go to the market, make a day of it. Everyting’s missing, and…”
“Don’t worry, I’m sure it will be fine” Lotti interrupted.
Tilda and Lotti left together, leaving Rodrick to go to the market alone.

Later that afternoon, a lanky sorcerer in plain robes tried to enter the shop. It was locked. He sighed. He could leave a note but notices of death should really be delivered in person. He’d leave out the unsavoury details, of course, they didn’t need to hear any of that, but they did need to be informed. He would try again later. The Dean wasn’t happy, all the death wards in his office pinged, undead were a big no-no. And to do it to yourself? Gottfried was never a good student, but a necromancer? Bad business all round.

Early evening, more visitors. The burly men tried the door and found it locked. They forced it. Broke in.

Rodrick stood up from the bench where he was laying out the leather he had just purchased. “We’re clo-“

This is the place. It’s covered in infernal gold. Can’t you feel it?

The men grabbed at Rodrick, one hit him over the back of his head, and they dragged him away.

At the back of the shop, Tilda holds her hand over Lotti’s mouth, keeping them hidden. An angel cast it’s gaze over the shop, completely missing the obsfuscated pair, and then departed.

Bring him to Erika, we can come back and deal with this once we understand. He will answer our questions.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 5, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Shoemaker goes shopping!
Leather purchased! 5 cash spent!
Shoemakers apprentice learns as much as they can!
Shoemakers apprentice is now a journeyman diablerist!
Shoemaker is kidnapped!

Shop is unmanned, nothing sold!

Angelic interference - None! 0 Halos awarded. Wait, Slick and Erator ignores bindings! Interference raised to 8! Then dropped to 7!
Dalton advances to Halo 2! Molly, Prole, Snikt, advances to Halo 1!

Dalton, Molly, Prole, and Snikt roll an extra d10 as well as his standard imp roll (i.e. in orokos- 1d10+6; 1d10). If this second d10 beats his imp roll, it replaces it, great! Buuut the angels better agree to whatever you were trying to do, otherwise they might oppose your action!
Every time the halo roll beats your imp roll, your halo is advanced to the next level. But if your imp roll beats the halo roll you can dismiss one level of halo. There are 3 levels of halo- pink, blue, white. Don’t get to white!

Ted advances to Halo 1, angels Interfere with Ted's second action: 1d10 6 but fail! Ted may dismiss halo! Or keep it, his choice.

Slick chooses to take halo 3, the white halo, and becomes an angel!

Angels are cut free of time, and can only interact with the mortal world when it is threatened by dark forces. But as you are ex-imps, you retains some ties to the group of imps you were summoned with. Until night 8 is over, and their imp ties are lost, an angel’s action must be in opposition of the action of another imp! Angels roll d10, and if they beat the imp’s roll, will replace the result, and either improve the task (if it is a “good” or “neutral” action) or work against the task (if a “bad” action). Angels cannot act against Erika! If you don’t like this, your angel can be npc’d and you can start with a new imp.

13, unlucky for some- Triggered! - 2 imps gets lucky!

Pity and Winky can choose to EITHER get an additional distinguishing feature, OR take twice as many actions next night.

Currently active:
Current night 6/7
Cash 50/15.
Hats 5
Magic Hats (obscure) 5
Shoes 19
Materials 10 (prepared/total).
Hellmarked Gold 3
Sorceror’s blood 3
Stimulants 3

Kill Gottfried 20/20
He’s dead! Kinda. He seems to be hanging about though? Like a zombie, or a lich. You’re not sure.

Stop PI 27/20
Complete! And more! Spillover to Investigate Erika. The PI is gone. He’s not coming back any time soon, and when he does, he’s going after a different target.

Investigate Erika 17/20 10
Complete! Spillover to Stop Erika. Who is this “Erika” the PI was babbling about anyway. You’ve worked out that she’s a jeweller. Well connected. Some angelic connection? After all, all angels are called Erika. Definitely. She’s not caught you unaware. She has men being watched by angels, and they are coming.

Find Lotti 29/10
Complete! And more, spill over to Best Shoemaker’s apprentice. A fairly simple charm hid her from sight, but you’ve broken through!

Look for Loopholes 3/20
Widowmaker 11/20

No Angels 12/7 (repeatable)
That interference is getting irritating! But you should be able to deal with it, with a little effort. Every 7 drops interference by 1.

Save Valuables10 /10
Complete! Everything of value has been shipped out back, safe from the fire!

Hallmarked to Normal Gold 3/10
Strip off that demonic taint! Purge that hellmark!

Damage town 27/20
Complete, and more! Spillover to Burn it to the ground. The town is full of unrest, mobs wander the street. Calls to abolish rent, to free the town!

Burn it to the ground -3/10
You know, this was complete until Midas stepped in. Lucky! Or unlucky, depending on your point of view.

Everburning 10/10
Complete! Some weird spell, the fire will burn forever now. It’s not going out. Or burning the building? Odd.

Improvements
Improve something! All improvements can also go into negatives.

Cashflow 23/20
Complete, and more! Spillover to more cashflow! You’ve setup a steady influx of money coming in from varius sources! Passive cash increase of 1/day! Doesn’t seem like much, but that’s now enough to pay rent and eat without doing anything more! He’s set for life!

More Cashflow 3/20
Right now he can live without working, but with a slight boost he joins the lower end of well-off. He can afford occasional luxuries, or move his shop to the higher class neighbourhood, or with savings, could set Lotti up in a shop of her own, or, or… it opens up so many options for the family!

Shoe quality 1/10
Just a little upgrade to the shoes, make them sell for a little more cash.

Even better Rent 11/20
Final imp upgrade 20/20
Complete! Yaaaaay!
Best Shoemaker’s apprentice 24/20
Complete, and more! Spillover to Final imp upgrade! Now you found her, you’ve been able to give her some final pointers, some more powerful spells, some hidden secrets that will serve her well as a diablerist. Now as a journeyman the rest is in her hands – no one can be granted mastery, they have to take it for themselves.

BOSS FIGHTS!
Uh-oh! You’ve attracted the attention of some powerful individuals!
Stop Erika! 7/40

She’s out to find the source of the gold, and that tracks right back to the shoemaker’s workshop. Tracks right back to you. And she has angelic backing. Dangerous! Not only that, but she has the shoemaker! Oh no! If left alone, the shoemaker is done for, and she will be looking for the one responsible for the gold shortly after. Someone with demonic influence connected to the shoemaker? But at the end of the day, if she kills the shoemaker technically that means he won’t have a problem paying the rent?

Stop Erika’s goons! 0/5 (repeatable)
A minor annoyance for you, but they could really mess things up. Spillover from Stop Erika automatically directed here.

Deantervention 3/40

The Dean gets an update from his familiar eventually, and has picked up on some DEATH magic, so he’s gonna investigate personally. You beat the hound right off, which means this isn’t a surprise, but he is a powerful sorcerer. The kind who has dismissals memorised, bindings prepared just-in-case, and an array of arcane tools to help him out. If you don’t stop him here, he’ll be after you personally. Hunting down each imp. And banishing them to beyond. Maybe you’re fine with that though? You’ve not worked out any loopholes in your binding that would let you stay longer anyway...

Wandering students 0/5 (repeatable)
A minor annoyance for you, but they could really mess things up. Spillover from Deantervention automatically directed here.

Completed tasks!
Push back deadline
Capture Gottfiried
Locate landlord
Set up insurance scam
Tattoo Gottfried
Cover up impvolvement
Improve Rent
Even better Shopfront
Improve Productivity 31/20
Improve Shoemaker’s apprentice
Even better Shoemaker’s apprentice
Improve Imps!
Even better Imps!
Forge spells
Forge more spells
Write, like, a whole grimoire of imp magic or something!
Move Gottfried’s death day

Shoemaker Dropbox
Shoemaker results spreadsheet

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 3, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Imp-provements achieved!

Pointed Tail
Penalty to out-of-domain action decreased to -1

All Imp-provements unlocked! Special impy epilogue unlocked! Nice!

Grimoire votes closed! You'll find out what happenes with that at the end!
Imp images will be updated once I know whether Ted is going for a halo or not.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

This past week had been a lesson in broadening your horizons. Dalton was enthralled with the idea of burning a perfectly humble abode to the ground and for the wheels of bureaucracy to actually reward the owner for what would clearly be a case of arson. That's why it was all the more painful that the Rubbish Imp wouldn't get to see the building collapse in on itself and become so much more trash that needed to be cleared away.

Frustration builds to a boil in the Imp's unholy guts and it decides desperate measures must be taken. The time for rubbish base shenanigans has passed and so Dalton grabs the nearest torch and simply flings it at the building hoping that some good ol' natural fire will actually cause the damned building to burn properly.

quote:

Struggle vainly to burn the building down
Base Roll: 0
Angel Roll: 9

:rip: Here's hoping the Angel in Dalton sees burning down a hell infested building as a good solution :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 5, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Time was running out, and it looked like the Shiny Toast Shining Host Shiny Toast was starting to breathe down their little red necks, drat their pleasantly cool, lilac-scented breath! Let this Erika hold on to SHOEMAN for a bit; in a day, the rent would be paid, and Molly would be long gone. Speaking of...

"My girl," Molly jittered, grinning fangily. "My bomb-rear end diabolical queen! You're wasted on fucken shoes! SSSSSSHOEZ! Look, me and my boy Ted, we can set you up independent...STIMZ...Sell these primo-rear end "diet pills" and "study aids" to the rich stick-humpers (SHITzzzz) at the Academy, and finance your real work!" The imp frameskipped with delight, flicking onto Lotti's designated devil shoulder with a scroll of finest asbestos-dusted naugahyde. "Your SSSHOEMAN boss has gotten you involved in some real heady poo poo, my beastly bestie bee. Stick with me, and get well clear! WELL FFZZSSZZZ CLEAR. Do this infernal-rear end compact with me, bind me as your ffFamiliar, and we'll go places! Dope places with rad tunez and like, skeleton bands and shizzzz. I know hella dudes and spells, and with my dope STIMZ and Ted's fucken LEDGER, you're gonna be Diabolist 1 in this fucken joint."

Molly grinned maniacally, her teeth grinding horizontally back and forth with a squeal of tortured enamel.
"TED," she barked, "get in on thisssshit!" The imp drifting out in front of the Journeyman Diabolist, tiny wings blurring like a hummingbird's as she proffered the Familiar Binding Compact and wriggling her hips in anticipation. "Your move, my B!"

Become Lotti's Familiar: 1d10+6 7 1d10 8 (Shut up eye-wheel, I'm getting a promising youth out of a bad situation, and getting her set up as an entrepreneur! Totes good deed. Eat my entire butt.)

With her STIMZ-raddled mania, she also found the time to make sure her new boss had some respectable independent cash flow to set up properly. Gotta leave the nest sometime, especially when the nest was gilded with imp gold and angelic suspicion!
Get Drug money flowing to Lotti: 1d3+6 8

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This was bad. Rodrick can't pay rent if he's kidnapped. There was only one thing for Brug to do.

"Dear Landlord,
This neighborhood has gotten too unsafe for me to live in; people have even tried to set my shop on fire. I am moving out. Since I already paid my last month's rent up front when I moved in, consider it paid in full.
-Rodrick

P.S. If I'm all moved out before the first of the month, please refund one month's rent."

Move 'em out!: 1d10+6 13

Brug summoned up an infernal quill and parchment to write the letter.

There, now Rodrick was perfectly capable of paying his zero rent, possibly less if they could get him moved out before the end of the week, but there was the slight problem, what if the Dean caught Brug before it could deliver message to the landlord? Brug quickly flew back to the P.I.'s office and wrote another quick letter in the Joe's handwriting.

"Help, police! Have uncovered a massive conspiracy. The Dean of the magic school is working for notorious crime lord Big Larry to destabilize the city, using weird magic to cause disasters and form unrest. His contact in the mob is a local jeweler named Erika and both must be apprehended as soon as possible.

Don't try to find me, I'm hiding out until they're caught, hired some kid to deliver this message. My notes are in my office and they're mostly up-to-date and I'll come back and testify as soon as their chaos is stopped.

-Joe Melvin"

Brug tied the note to a paperweight and threw it out the window at a passing constable.

Note for the police: 1d3+6 9

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 4, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Winky was just a small-time Cleaning Imp when all this summoning business started. Now here he was, on night six (Six SIX!) on the mundane material plane of the mortals with more work ahead of him. He donned his Turquoise Rubber Cleaning Gloves and (with a noise like *BAMF*) he hell-gated himself into the empty spaces of the shoeshop and the shoemaker's home, to take stock of the night's work ahead of him.

Gold! Hellmarked gold was everywhere! It had spread across the walls, the floors, and the ceiling of the shoeshop, it was cropping up in trades with anyone and everyone the imps did business with.

"Midas?! But of course!" The transmutation imp had been busy this last week, doing what he loved most. Still, the work he did left it sloppily obvious to anyone with basic training in appraisal magic that the gold that was created in such a way was Hellmarked and thus (sadly) worthless for buying things in the material plane! Silly humans and your laws, there were still ways of getting around such restrictions!

Winky gathered up all the Hellmarked Gold he could and got to work polishing and shining it into a heavenly sheen! By the time he was done, no one would be able to tell the difference between the Hellmarked gold and the real thing!

Strip off that demonic taint! Purge that hellmark! Buffing clean the Hellmarked Gold: 1d10+6 16

Winky found that, at the end of the night, he still had some time to do a little courier work. He went back to the site of his summoning (Gottfried's dorm room) in order to get some cleaning done, and to pick up something special for Lotti:

Cleaning Up Gottfried's Skull for Demi-Lichdom: 1d3+6 7

Cleaning, polishing, and preparing a skull as a phylactery for a demi-lich took some work, but Winky thought he'd done a good job with the first two steps! Now all it needed was a little Sorcerous oomph to get Gottfried's soul inside, and then it would ready to give to Lotti as a gift!

"Torb, do you think you could help me with this?" The cleaning imp proffered the shiny skull to Torb the Sorcerimp. He'd know what to do with it.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 6, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

This was shaping up to be a disaster. All Pity had wanted to do was help the poor shoemaker and instead he had been kidnapped and his brother had been turned into a zombie. At this rate there was no way the shoemaker would pay his rent. The imp threw a balled up design for orthopedic shoe inserts (made from sheep intestines, the better to prevent blisters on the way to the landlord's house) into the fire. More drastic measures would be needed now.

First off Pity would need to comb the nearby forest for potent medicinal fungi.
Harvest hallucinogenic mushrooms: 1d10+6 9
A modest harvest, the imp would need to be careful not to waste a drop.

Then it would need to refine the fungi so that they could attain purity of essence.
Manufacture LSD from mushrooms: 1d10+6 16
Marvelous! All of Pity's training in imp medical school at the art of manufacturing illicit drugs was finally paying off.

The imp would soak a bag full of coins in the essence and then throw them through the window of Erika' the jeweler's store.
Apply lysergic acid diethylamide to coins: 1d3+6 8
In Pity's experience, few criminals could resist the clarion call of free money, and the wariest in particular had a delightful habit of biting gold coins to make sure they were real.

The remaining essence could then be painted over doorknobs throughout the school.
Apply lysergic acid diethylamide to school doorknobs: 1d3+6 9
The imp decided to start with the doors to the dean's office and cafeteria in case the essence ran out. Pity was thoroughly disappointed that it would not be able to stay around to see what sort of spells might be cast under the mushroom's influence the next day.

Pity collapsed on the floor at the end of this particularly draining evening, its sighs of exhaustion inaudible over the inhuman wailing of the nearby zombie. Oh right, perhaps Gottfried could use some help. The imp started to remove a pack of smiley face bandaids from its satchel when the first ray of dawn touched it, whisking the imp back to hell.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Oh, Come On! Torb was used to the things he did going correctly. Everything he did ended up perfectly! Not every Imp is a Sorcerorimp! Only the Best Imps become Magic Imps!

And yet... And yet! The Hellpuppy summoning was flawless, but somehow the stupid building never burned down? HOW?! He did things exactly as in the formulas. The incantations were precise! The runes etched geometrically! The blood was... bloody!

This could not stand! He channeled all of his magic into one giant (for an imp) fireball spell and let 'er rip

Seriously, Burn It Already: 1d10+5 9 10 (Now +6!)

Hmph, that would show them!

Now then, to more pressing matters. Spite is wonderful and all, but eventually the sorceror or the apprentice diabolist would get offed more permanently. They had to find a loophole, quick or they would be stuck back in hell.

Torb summoned up a chair and started looking through the incantations line by line to see what he could come up with. Maybe Winky's Lich idea could work?

Magical loopholes are to... DIE for, Gottfried: 1d3+6 9

Slaan fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 4, 2018

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Oh no! Angels were on the case, and if that wasn't enough the Dean was coming to banish them all! If they were banished, there would be A Lot Of Problems with paying rent, and Flux just couldn't let that happen!
Oh Woe, what was he to do? Seeing as he was powerless against the time-displaced angels, he resolved to instead focus his energies on the Dean.

But what was more powerful then a Dean of a magical university? Why, a magical Superintendent of course! But even if his inspection schedual could be moved in time to coincide with today... he would eventually leave! Leave and give the dean enough time to cast the dreaded dismissal!

This would not do! Flux flapped his little wings and got to work..

Time to move the Superintendants Schedual to Today: 1d3+6 = 7
Time to trap the Dean and the Superintendant in a timeloop: 1d10+6 =13

Yess.. yess!! Lets do the time warp again!!!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

So this Erika was some kind of jeweler, eh? Excellent. Ted made his way over to the town's tax office to see if she had submitted her taxes for the year. She had! And best of all, nobody had gotten around to looking over them yet. Ted spent a moment looking over her various tax forms before tossing them into a nearby, convenient fireplace. The Accountancy imp took a bunch of blank tax forms and filled them out with Erika's information, only all wrong. Numbers didn't add up. Erika seemingly had all sorts of fantastical holdings, even abstract concepts. Spelling errors. One field just contained a drawing of a butt.

"Let's see her try to hide a kidnap victim from an auditor.", Ted smirked.

gently caress up Erika's taxes: 1d10+6 13 Oh hell yeah. Can Ted get some nice reading glasses or perhaps some slacks? Your choice.

Ted returned to the shoemaker's workshop a few hours later and frowned. Something had to be done about all this hellmarked gold. Ted played with his pen as he considered how to launder the stuff. Surely some human somewhere preferred the infernal gold to the so-called "real" stuff?

Launder the Hellmarked Gold: 1d3+6 7

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Uhoh. That human was trouble, and trouble was supposed to be on our side.

Convert Erika to our cause through hypnosis: 1d10+6 16 1d3+6 9

That should help a bit.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Rodrick, Master Shoemaker
15/20 hp 0/0 mana

"Mrph mmmmrph"

Rodrick was tied up to a chair in an unfamiliar location.

"Mrrrrph!"

He had some kind of cloth over his mouth, could anyone hear him?

He isn't the one, but he was surrounded by hellgold. He knows something.

"Yeah boss."

Well find out what he knows

No, Gottfried. The weird stuff in the shoeshop, they woud be after him.

The burly figure pulled down the cloth, he culd speak again.

"You heard the boss, wots the deal wif d' gold?"

"I don't know! I don't know anything!"

He's Lying

The source of the other voice came into view. A hovering pyramid, gazing down at him with contempt. Rodrick was in trouble.

---

Imp pictures should be updated this evening, update expected Friday!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

paper bag with a face posted:

Ted returned to the shoemaker's workshop a few hours later and frowned. Something had to be done about all this hellmarked gold. Ted played with his pen as he considered how to launder the stuff. Surely some human somewhere preferred the infernal gold to the so-called "real" stuff?

Launder the Hellmarked Gold: 1d3+6 7

Wow, what a different feeling this is! What a delight it is to try and help people and do some good in the world! Maybe this imp business isn't all it is cracked up to be? Invasive thought pyramid Slick decides that perhaps those other imps should learn some responsibility! Launder that gold, Ted? Not on my watch! Time to be a minor nuisance!

Stop that money laundering!: 1d10 10

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

As the former PI wandered off to his new life, Stallone carefully slipped a small piece of paper into his pocket--a business card, with Stallone's smiling face and name on one side, and his summoning details on the reverse that the PI could take to a friendly neighborhood warlock for processing. Wreaking havoc under a poorly-worded binding was all well and good, but a nice long contract in his actual purview sounded really relaxing right now. A pleasant vacation.

That was going to have to wait, though. Right now, there were some people posing serious threats to the current contract. Some 'Erika' had gone and rustled their Shoemaker, and there was a wizard that was probably going to banish them if they didn't stop him first. Fortunately, Stallone had never met a problem that couldn't be solved with enough rope and some good knots. It'd be a lot easier for everyone else if the threats were hog-tied!

Wrangle that Shoemaker-Rustler!: 1d10+6 11

Wizard Wrangling: 1d3+6 8

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Snikt was content. Lotti was found and the PI was out of the picture. A job well done.

As he smiled, he noticed the glorious fangs now sprouting through his gums as well the the shapely pointy tail he developed. Hot dang, he was pointy all over!

His smile quickly soured as a subtle glow above his brow drew his attention. A glowing, angelic halo. "Oh, HELL NO!" he gasped. Never mind that it was the mark of good creatures, it was a thing without any discernible points at all! The humiliation to have his very raison d'être defiled by this smoothly symmetrical geometric anomaly was staggering.

As the shock passed, Snikt realized he had to do something about it. He would make sure the imps would have all the time they could to improve life on the Material Plane and show them Angels what-for! He grabbed the summoning contract that bound them to their service and with deft snips of his hellish safety scissors began to edit their terms.

Creative Contract Cut and Paste: 1d10+6 13 1d10 8

There, a seamless job! His confidence regained, Snikt then raised his safety scissors and snipped the halo itself. Then, being in the Sorcery Academy, he put his efforts into stopping any snooping from whoever owned that stupid mutt that showed up recently.

Tricky Traps for Traipsing Dean: 1d3+6 8

As he lay his sharp and pointy traps, the sharp and pointy imp realized this was a safety concern. He then summoned his old Safety Shirt to work with a clear conscience.

---------------------
Cut and Paste roll beats Angel roll! Dismiss Halo!
Rolled a 13! Summon a yellow leotard with black side stripes and blue shoulder pads! You know, like this!

Question: can we devote both rolls (1d10 and 1d3) to the same task? Do the points accrued just stack?
Minor question: I see Snikt had his portfolio reduced to just pointy implements. Is this on purpose? It really doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Love the illustrations! The gifs are always just the right level of janky to make me smile.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

cigaw posted:

Question: can we devote both rolls (1d10 and 1d3) to the same task? Do the points accrued just stack?

Yup, it's a second action for whatever you want.

cigaw posted:

Minor question: I see Snikt had his portfolio reduced to just pointy implements. Is this on purpose? It really doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

This is a mistake! I'll fix this with the update tomorrow, sorry.

Glad your liking the janky GIFs :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
->

Calamity! Someone had kidnapped the shoemaker hat-shop owner! He's a vital part of keeping this hat-based economy alive! Hat decided to take retribution. Materialising in front of the man whose rent she was sworn to ensure was paid swiftly, Hat took one look at his captors, hefted her +3 Knightly Spear selection of hatpins, and attacked!

Attacking Rodrick's captors!: 1d10+6 8
Go for the eyes!: 1d3+6 8

• Locked thread