Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Any diamonds in the rough with the Hydra/Hand/Ravager dudes? I have 2 Hand guys filling out my Villain set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got into Catman as well and I still don't get where some of the these currencies come from.

Like the Energy Refill one or the Blitz one?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

One place for Raid Healing bits is ranked Blitz rewards. You need to get up to 10k score to get into rank rewards.

For people who haven't read the whole thread, just a reminder that some of the goons playing this game are on Discord via the SWGOH discord.

Link is in this spreadsheet:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211&pagenumber=1&perpage=40
MSF has its own channel, so just scroll down in Discord until you find it.

There's a non-GoH associated discord too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853028&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post482691496

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
So about Blitz. Saw this link on Reddit.

Basically, keep a low level team to beat the 'hard' battle of each tier in Blitz. Because Hero/Villains won't have their ultimates yet, you can clean up with just minions. Supposedly.

Oh yeah, Proton Decay in Catman Shameful Secret.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is the one to join. It’s all the Marvel goons anyway. And we all ask a lot of questions and need guidance haha.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Just reached level 20, are there any goon Alliances with a spot for me? Ign is Maxman420.

Much love, game owns

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Merrill Grinch posted:

I just made "Catman's Shameful Secret" for a 4th guild, assuming someone else didn't beat me to the punch.

This one still has room.

Also the energy refresh currency where does it come from? It doesn’t seem like it’s refreshed every day.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
In catman as sa fuzzbox.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What should I spend my power cores on?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

comatose posted:

What should I spend my power cores on?

Yeah not empty quoting this.

Pulls seem like a real poo poo way to spend cores.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Energy.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Energy, and if you feel like it, refreshing nodes.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Yeah don't buy orbs. You'll get some shitbox hero x1. Just spend it on nodes or energy refills when you want to grind a tiny bit. Don't go past the 50 cost ones though.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
You guys are talking about campaign energy right? Cos when I try and get more of that it wants me to spend some other bizarro currency that isn't power cores but for some reason I have 200/200 of it.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Any diamonds in the rough with the Hydra/Hand/Ravager dudes? I have 2 Hand guys filling out my Villain set.

Hand: Blade master deals a lot of damage, archer doesn't do as much but does strip a buff from the entire enemy team, sentry is one of the best tanks and a solid yondu counter and sorceress' teamwide defense up is good.

I actually use those 4 plus Electra as a really solid blitz team.

The other two factions I don't really use.

Theswarms fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 5, 2018

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

comatose posted:

You guys are talking about campaign energy right? Cos when I try and get more of that it wants me to spend some other bizarro currency that isn't power cores but for some reason I have 200/200 of it.

Spend that bizzaro currency, it doesn't do anything but campaign energy refills, you get it from daily quests and occasionally achievements.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Ok thanks!

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Merrill Grinch posted:

I just made "Catman's Shameful Secret" for a 4th guild, assuming someone else didn't beat me to the punch.

I'm in as a waffle-related object. How's this alliance stuff work?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Just joined Catman's Shameful Secret as Chogborts.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Belgian Waffle posted:

I'm in as a waffle-related object. How's this alliance stuff work?

Level 20 to join alliance.
Level 25 to do raids.

Joined "Catman..." as Slash

Slash fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 5, 2018

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
I am Goon! Has a couple free spots again. We are running lots of level 30 and 35 raids.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Slash posted:

Level 20 to join alliance.
Level 25 to do raids.

Joined "Catman..." as Slash

So is it only so I can do raids or are there other benefits?

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.
In Catman as Thumblessbuddha

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
How do you guys feel about the ravager stitcher? I am terrible at these games and always go for guys who look goofy over ones who are actually good, but I thought I’d check in here first before I invested anything in him! I just started the game and only have a shield medic, hand sorcerer and him as a potential healer.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Belgian Waffle posted:

So is it only so I can do raids or are there other benefits?

right now guilds are only for doing raids. in the future there's supposed to be more stuff, some kind of guild vs guild pvp i think? its not super clear, but theres some other guild things coming

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Dead on Arrival posted:

So about Blitz. Saw this link on Reddit.

Basically, keep a low level team to beat the 'hard' battle of each tier in Blitz. Because Hero/Villains won't have their ultimates yet, you can clean up with just minions. Supposedly.

Oh yeah, Proton Decay in Catman Shameful Secret.

I don't get this

Blitz doesn't let me change my team?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
You can swap your team between every blitz battle.

The only alliance thing at the moment is raid but they are the best source of skill training materials and raid currency is also good, so do them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Theswarms posted:

You can swap your team between every blitz battle.

The only alliance thing at the moment is raid but they are the best source of skill training materials and raid currency is also good, so do them.

So with the Raid, I just pick a lane and fight to the end? Is that it? I beat the "boss" of my lane, but there seems to be a big boss that I can't reach as its at the end of the middle lane. Based on his Power Level, he'd curbstomp me, but still.. Just making sure I'm not missing something.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

New Leaf posted:

So with the Raid, I just pick a lane and fight to the end? Is that it? I beat the "boss" of my lane, but there seems to be a big boss that I can't reach as its at the end of the middle lane. Based on his Power Level, he'd curbstomp me, but still.. Just making sure I'm not missing something.

Yeah the level 25 raid has 3 lanes and 3 slots for players, so each person needs to clear their lane in order to get 100%. The higher raids have more players and more complex layouts so you'll end up with multiple people in the same lane working towards a boss or intersection.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Does anybody know if eternity splinters have a set drop rate? Like if I play for X amount of hours I should get X amount of splinters?

I'm sitting on a ton of boosts from fortune cards and might finally get Cap to purple and hopefully yellow this weekend. Still waiting for a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just doesn't want to drop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is tier 7 the highest your dudes can go?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Is tier 7 the highest your dudes can go?

7* is the highest number of stars (excess shards are then used for unlocking Ultimus) but if you are talking gear tier, that can go higher. Level 50 is tier 9 limited and I don't know what the currently available max gear tier at 60 is, but it is at least tier 10.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Theswarms posted:

7* is the highest number of stars (excess shards are then used for unlocking Ultimus) but if you are talking gear tier, that can go higher. Level 50 is tier 9 limited and I don't know what the currently available max gear tier at 60 is, but it is at least tier 10.

Ah ok that makes sense.

I’ve honestly never been a big fan of the gear tier / star tier system. I mean one or the other but then again this is a f2p game

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else having problems getting in? I tried to get into a campaign mission and it got stuck at 99%. I tried to get back in the game and it only loads to 42% on the title screen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tom Gorman posted:

Does anybody know if eternity splinters have a set drop rate? Like if I play for X amount of hours I should get X amount of splinters?

I'm sitting on a ton of boosts from fortune cards and might finally get Cap to purple and hopefully yellow this weekend. Still waiting for a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just doesn't want to drop.

Thanks for triggering my PTSD

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Trying to apply to a guild, but the 3 I can find are full and I can't find Catman's Shameful Secret. I'm failing at poop games.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaukler posted:

Trying to apply to a guild, but the 3 I can find are full and I can't find Catman's Shameful Secret. I'm failing at poop games.

Just search for Catman and it should show up.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I joined the Catman Alliance as Sinistral, game fun so far. I know I shouldn't buy orbs but it's so tempting...

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Just search for Catman and it should show up.

K found it that time. I could have sworn "Catman" was the first thing I searched...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Tom Gorman posted:

Good Lord in Heaven, it's like being smacked in the face with both nostalgia and stupid.

• Locked thread