Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

peer posted:

I've been getting emails about LAST CHANCE TO PREORDER THE NEW $150 DEATHMECH and I assume they're better than the ones I have otherwise why would anyone buy them

People spend more for less on stupid little mobile games so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Friendly Fire posted:

People spend more for less on stupid little mobile games so...
Are we defending giving money to PGI now?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

A number of the mechs turn out pretty rear end, Black Lanner, Thanatos and some others are just toast when they step up. Fafnir is gonna come down to whether or not they armor roid it up.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

ImpactVector posted:

Are we defending giving money to PGI now?

Certainly not. I'm just saying people are stupid.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

A number of the mechs turn out pretty rear end, Black Lanner, Thanatos and some others are just toast when they step up. Fafnir is gonna come down to whether or not they armor roid it up.

Torso twist speed and turn rate also have a big impact on assault class mechs, because that dictates how much damage you can roll and your chances at fending off a light mech.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Yardbomb posted:

Most of the new mechs have been pretty much pure rear end save for some variants. Nightstar, NovaCat, Hellspawn, Black Lanner, Thanatos, IIC-heroes...the Sun Spider is interesting but I wouldn't call it good. Previously the new mechs were pretty good, Kodiak, Cyclops, Night Gyr (RIP), Bushwacker, Assassin, Huntsman, Linebacker, Marauder IIC, Supernova, Roughneck and lastly the Annihilator and MadCat II. I would rather have new mechs be too good and then nerfed than having new mechs be total rear end poo poo (Thanatos) and then buffed a tiny tiny little bit.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Sparq posted:

If you've got a Catapult, both the K2 and the C1 are good. The C1 loads 2 MRM30 very well and the K2 can be used for 2xGauss, 2xUAC-10, or PPC bullshit.

Thanks. Evidently I've got a Raven, a Centurion, a Hunchback (missile version), the founder Atlas (lol) and a Stalker. None of these are listed in the OP as being especially great, do I need to buy something else to be useful/have fun? OP says Hellbringer is probably the best choice, and I've got (just) enough MC to buy the Prime version (not enough C-bills). Would that be a decent starting point?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

peer posted:

Thanks. Evidently I've got a Raven, a Centurion, a Hunchback (missile version), the founder Atlas (lol) and a Stalker. None of these are listed in the OP as being especially great, do I need to buy something else to be useful/have fun? OP says Hellbringer is probably the best choice, and I've got (just) enough MC to buy the Prime version (not enough C-bills). Would that be a decent starting point?

all of those mechs are workable but not great in the current meta. Don't buy non-hero mechs with MC

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

peer posted:

I haven't played this game since they removed ramming damage in, like, 2013. I can see there's an insane amount of microtransaction bullshit now but is the actual game any good? Can I jump into a match in a mech that performed alright five years ago or will I be instantly obliterated by some rear end in a top hat in a Premium (TM) clan mech running 15 ER medium lasers or some poo poo

edit: there were already a couple similar questions on this page I guess so might as well try

The only Pay2Win mech atm is the Pirhana, but even then it requires your targets to be absolutely braindead like in the video found on the last page and a stiff breeze will rip it apart. Build the Hellbringer Prime in the OP and you'll be erasing enemies left and right. Most of the Clanmechs are available to the F2P masses for c-bills now, and there are plenty of workable IS mechs. Basically pick a robot and shoot guns.

Hellbringer screenshot testimony (and I'm okay at best):

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 5, 2018

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The piranha isn't p2w unless you're unconscious. You can sweep its components with weapons and whether you get a full hit off or not things are going to start falling off. It is able to kill things as quickly as it is able to die.

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018

peer posted:

A good raven can cause a comeback after everyone's sure it's gg, and a good cent can 1v1 almost any mech in the game. Don't buy into clanner fake news.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

peer posted:

Don't waste MC. Just use it on heroes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The game is, finally, in a pretty good shape and there are many fun and effective ways to shoot robutt. I am surprised how little cross promotion they are doing with the hbs game though, seems like a natural fit.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
As a relative newbie who hasn't had to live through a million changes, I think the game is fun.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

sebmojo posted:

The game is, finally, in a pretty good shape and there are many fun and effective ways to shoot robutt. I am surprised how little cross promotion they are doing with the hbs game though, seems like a natural fit.

But is there finally a goon consensus on whether its "robitt" or "robutt"?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

I am surprised how little cross promotion they are doing with the hbs game though, seems like a natural fit.

PGI and HBS seem to be pretty close; I'd guess they have an understanding with each other that right now is Battletech's time to shine and PGI won't try to take the news cycle off of Battletech and HBS will do the same for Mechwarrior 5 in a year.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I bought a 5 lpl Warhammer 6D and have loads of fun going incredibly slow with an XL and almost blowing myself when i slightly mistime weapon groups

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
When is the solaris update? It is the same time as the solaris mech pack? Why won't you tell me this game.

EDIT: finally found it and lol at 3 month long seasons

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 6, 2018

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Captain Gordon posted:

robert

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ryan Davis always used robit, and who the hell are you to defy the late, great Taswell?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Gordon posted:

I was thinking of that piranha video above, so def robutt. I like Robert too

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buschmaki posted:

I bought a 5 lpl Warhammer 6D and have loads of fun going incredibly slow with an XL and almost blowing myself when i slightly mistime weapon groups

I like my 5erll awesome 8q it's pleasingly absurd

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
400xl Battlemaster with 3 LPL and 3 ERML feels like a shady version of the EXE. Why no MASC?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Buschmaki posted:

WHM-6D

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
I currently have 5 medium pulse lasers and 4 er smalls on my 6D. It's.... interesting.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

How do I apply to Word of Lowtax/play with goons? Pubbies are insufferable.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Join the discord and hang out in there.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Join the discord and hang out in there.

https://discord.gg/Nw59stN

Been there for 2 days, its emptier than a Kerensky's nutsack

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bummer!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

Except it's not. It's fairly quiet but there has been conversation all day and I can see a couple of people in the voice channel right now.

Edit: That said, you don't need to sign up to WoL. Just idle in the voice channel until someone else appears and ask to group up there.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Captain Gordon posted:

Depends on what timezone you're in, MWOs group queue is extremely slow/low populated until around 19:00 CET during regular weekdays and 2-3 hours earlier on a weekend so usually there aren't any groups going before that. A WoL membership is not required to play with us so it's not like you are missing out. Check out the mechlab channel in the discord, that's where we all hang out and it's pretty active 24/7.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

I finally got in a few games with goons - it was glorious!

Also, B33f's "Delete Button" supernova is a beast:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have come to poo poo post

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018
Dibs on the jew.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Needs more brown gargoyle saying "benis : DDD"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

You forgot

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What's the HPPC Sparky build?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Artificer posted:

What's the HPPC Sparky build?

You take a Sparky... and you ram 2 HPPCs in it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

HPPC SPARKY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

not much to fall back on there, huh :v: