Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
...heavy cream? Ice cream?

You pulled it out of... the bottom of the blender?

Edit for actual page content: A coworker of mine who is brilliant and witty and a good worker has 0 chance of promotion because he refuses to play the game and brown-nose. He will tell managers to their faces exactly what he thinks of various bullshit corporate policies. If you're too honest you will get nowhere in retail except taken advantage of, because they can't move you up where you might tell one of their managers something they desperately want to say themselves but can't afford to.

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011
Looks like a mangled egg to me?

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Pentaghastly posted:

Who wants to guess what this is and where I pulled it out of

I don't know what the gently caress it is, but I know you pulled it out of that drain there. Possibly a plug of heavy cream?

I'm seriously done with being customer-service-nice to my store manager when she gets bitchy. It's not my fault you're losing poo poo, get it together.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It’s an egg from a breakfast sandwich that came out of that drain?

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Close! It probably is a wad of heavy cream and curdled milk maybe

I pulled it out of the pipe that leads to the drain, a funnel looking thing beneath a gap where the pipe leads. Dont know what its called.

I call it drain egg

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
All hail drain egg.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Drain Egg 2020.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm disappointed to learn about Drain Egg

:douche:

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
secret menu item

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
For retail especially, but overall everywhere: if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

DesolateRampage posted:

1.) Your superiors do not actually know how how much you desire to get out of your current position.
2.) While having good intentions, you come a cross as completely apathetic about your job and don't play the game required to get promoted.
3.) You really pissed off the wrong person or simply do not come across near as sincere as you do in your posts.

It's this:

Faerunner posted:

Edit for actual page content: A coworker of mine who is brilliant and witty and a good worker has 0 chance of promotion because he refuses to play the game and brown-nose. He will tell managers to their faces exactly what he thinks of various bullshit corporate policies. If you're too honest you will get nowhere in retail except taken advantage of, because they can't move you up where you might tell one of their managers something they desperately want to say themselves but can't afford to.

This is what it is 100%. We've seen many examples in Nerdy's beautiful scenes of him pissing people off when they piss him off. He also more generally makes the persistent and unfortunate mistake of working hard which causes management to set a much, much higher baseline expectation for him. The people who get promoted are the people who don't do much work because they spend most of their time brown-nosing--something most of us goons have no stomach for whatsoever.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Not playing the game is what drummed me rapidly out of corporate retail.

Thankfully independent retail has worked slightly more in my favor. Though I will admit I would absolutely love to yell at my boss sometimes when there's much poo poo to be done and he's off farting around playing mahjong. I rue the day I ever taught him how to play that drat game.

I do not do well with authoritarian figures and his generally hands off approach to management is a double edged sword. On one hand, I have free reign to do pretty much whatever with few, if any repercussions as long as it makes money. On the other hand, getting him to address anything remotely serious is a gigantic pain in the rear end.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 6, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Pentaghastly posted:

I call it drain egg

Mum gon' be mad. Watch yourself.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I'd rather have to fight to get things taken seriously and/or just end up doing them all myself whenever possible. I've had bosses who micromanage and they're horrors, and I've had bosses who just leave you entirely to your own devices and they're also horrors for different reasons (although when I am competent at a job I prefer the latter). But by far the worst are the ones who micromanage from afar - they never quite let you do anything on your own, but they aren't hovering enough to see that you're doing anything at all so instead they're constantly calling, emailing, or dropping by for surprise office visits wherein they will nitpick whatever thing you haven't managed to do to their mysterious, ever-shifting, exacting standards because you were too busy doing whatever else they told you was SUPER IMPORTANT two hours ago. Hands-on micromanagers are at least around. Hands-off micromanagers are some kind of nightmare.

They are the exact kind of people who would drive me mad, if I weren't already there.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I want to step down, but I really really really really don't want to wind up working for those brown nosin' managers at other stores.

Several managers I don't want to work for:

1. One guy got his position by being buddy buddy with our boss and goes out and have drinks with him. He thinks he's the poo poo, when he works like poo poo. He's lucky he didn't go to jail for more than 2 weeks after getting a DUI while on probation.

2. One lady who is a bully to those she doesn't like personally, takes multiple cigar breaks during the day, and is also an alcoholic. She's the bitch who helped keep a former meat manager hooked on alcohol and made my life miserable because the ex-manager was a... divorced miserable alcoholic.

3. One guy who baffled pretty much everybody on how he got to be manager. Every manager who had him as an assistant thinks he sucks but some loving way he got promoted. When I was an assistant he just got hired into our department as a regular clerk. Other clerks complained that he'd take hour long breaks. I was going to confront him but then I got transferred to another store.

4. One dude who cheats to get good numbers on metrics the company looks at.

5. Former produce manager who managed to fail upwards. He held other multiple management positions and I was told he sucked at them all. He was lucky that he got his position because he was buddy with a manager that was a buddy with the district manager.

There are more idiots out there, but these are the ones that are in stores closer to home to me. There is one manager that I like, but knowing my luck and odds, I wouldn't get sent there.

I feel bad for people like Nerdy who seem to work hard but can't get a full time position. Unfortunately companies have a unique way of looking for people to promote, every place is different. I was lucky in that there are multiple stores and have better chances of promotions. Also it helped that I never gave an attitude to any management, came in every single time on short noticed when asked and stayed longer when asked. I work loving hard every day and everybody sees it. Never call out sick. Everybody sees me as the non-sociable nerd (seems to be a good thing although some people despise it). I rarely bumped heads with anybody during my non-management days.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Number 4 is everyone though (and why not if that's where your bonus comes from).

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Eric the Mauve posted:

You should still stop caring, and tell them to go gently caress themselves, if they want you to do all the work they can pay you all the money. If you just keep doing everyone's work for years while management pisses all over you, you're going to completely flip your poo poo one of these days. :sigh:

I fully expect that this is going to come up in the interview with the assistant store manager. She generally likes me, but I confuse and occasionally aggravate her because I exist in a dual state of wanting to do work and staying late to get it done, working through breaks, etc- but I also don't want to come in and bang out six days a week.

She asked me if I wanted to come in early to do my interview tomorrow. I said, "Why would I want to come in early for an unpaid interview?"

Her reply was, "Because you want the job?"

I laughed and said, "A little less every day, fam."

I was supposed to finish ice cream today. I didn't finish ice cream today. You want to know why? Because whoever was doing dairy didn't fill eggs, again. They didn't fill milk, again. They didn't pull two days worth of expired poo poo. They didn't fill juice, or tea.

My bosses tell me I need to make decisions with my time, so I made a few. I ran all the staple milks, the ones we sell every day. Then I filled what eggs we had, and pulled the poo poo that was supposed to be pulled y-e-s-t-e-r-f-u-c-k-i-n-g-d-a-y. The stuff that was supposed to be pulled today doesn't technically have to be pulled until 9AM, so someone could do it.

I mean, they won't, but they could. And I know nobody else does the list like I do the list. I know because the old dairy manager has told me, repeatedly, "You are the only one that pulls it like you are supposed to." I know nobody else looks at the list because I have signed it in a variety of ways, including:

Raw Is Jericho
Lord Adorable
RIP
Washington Irving
DYJ ( Do Your Job )
Literally a drawing of a ghost milk cartoon saying, "bmoo"

With the last of my time, I threw all the ice cream we have on special and all of the popular, cheaper items. Then I left fifteen minutes late.

DesolateRampage posted:

Nerdy, I completely love your writing and you do an absolutely wonderful job of conveying the scene, setting the stage, and telling stories, and it's incredibly satisfying to read. That said, I do at times question if there's some part of this we aren't privy to, because for you to constantly keep getting passed over for positions, despite seemingly being (by far) the most logical fit, I wonder if one of three things isn't happening.

There are, I feel, a few reasons why I do not or have not been promoted, and I have my flaws as a person, really. I'm quiet. I can come across as stern or taciturn, and I really dislike being interrupted. Sometimes the quality of my work goes to poo poo when I'm having a bad day. Sometimes I have trouble staying focused.

Honestly, my speed is something I need to work on, but it is hard to objectively gauge my speed because what the company wants sometimes seems impossible, but what I can do seems to blow everyone else ( who isn't a manger ) the gently caress out of the water. So I don't know.

The other thing is that I tend to end up in positions that other people do not want. And then I do them. I do them without really complaining ( at work ).

Finally, new positions are rare. These are the first full-time positions to open in nearly two years. I can always side-grade to another department. That is a matter of time, and nothing else. People are always quitting, leaving. But the hours are typically worse.

I could go on about my flaws, but here is how I think the next week or so is going to go down, if I don't get the job:

1) Someone else gets the job, possibly the front end guy the store manager likes.
2) I test the waters to see how the new guy goes. If he's is bad, I request an immediate transfer to any other position.
3) Dairy and frozen go to poo poo.
4) I laugh.
5) Someone will approach me about possibly taking dairy or going back into frozen.
6) Go to 4.

Tomorrow's interview will be fun. Thanks for the kind words about my writing, by the way. I need to actually pursue that at some point but it is way easier to play PUBG than it is start working on creative stuff. But I'm working on getting my poo poo squared away so maybe that'll change.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I fully expect that this is going to come up in the interview with the assistant store manager. She generally likes me, but I confuse and occasionally aggravate her because I exist in a dual state of wanting to do work and staying late to get it done, working through breaks, etc- but I also don't want to come in and bang out six days a week.

She asked me if I wanted to come in early to do my interview tomorrow. I said, "Why would I want to come in early for an unpaid interview?"

Her reply was, "Because you want the job?"

I laughed and said, "A little less every day, fam."

I was supposed to finish ice cream today. I didn't finish ice cream today. You want to know why? Because whoever was doing dairy didn't fill eggs, again. They didn't fill milk, again. They didn't pull two days worth of expired poo poo. They didn't fill juice, or tea.

My bosses tell me I need to make decisions with my time, so I made a few. I ran all the staple milks, the ones we sell every day. Then I filled what eggs we had, and pulled the poo poo that was supposed to be pulled y-e-s-t-e-r-f-u-c-k-i-n-g-d-a-y. The stuff that was supposed to be pulled today doesn't technically have to be pulled until 9AM, so someone could do it.

I mean, they won't, but they could. And I know nobody else does the list like I do the list. I know because the old dairy manager has told me, repeatedly, "You are the only one that pulls it like you are supposed to." I know nobody else looks at the list because I have signed it in a variety of ways, including:

Raw Is Jericho
Lord Adorable
RIP
Washington Irving
DYJ ( Do Your Job )
Literally a drawing of a ghost milk cartoon saying, "bmoo"

With the last of my time, I threw all the ice cream we have on special and all of the popular, cheaper items. Then I left fifteen minutes late.

There are, I feel, a few reasons why I do not or have not been promoted, and I have my flaws as a person, really. I'm quiet. I can come across as stern or taciturn, and I really dislike being interrupted. Sometimes the quality of my work goes to poo poo when I'm having a bad day. Sometimes I have trouble staying focused.

Honestly, my speed is something I need to work on, but it is hard to objectively gauge my speed because what the company wants sometimes seems impossible, but what I can do seems to blow everyone else ( who isn't a manger ) the gently caress out of the water. So I don't know.

The other thing is that I tend to end up in positions that other people do not want. And then I do them. I do them without really complaining ( at work ).

Finally, new positions are rare. These are the first full-time positions to open in nearly two years. I can always side-grade to another department. That is a matter of time, and nothing else. People are always quitting, leaving. But the hours are typically worse.

I could go on about my flaws, but here is how I think the next week or so is going to go down, if I don't get the job:

1) Someone else gets the job, possibly the front end guy the store manager likes.
2) I test the waters to see how the new guy goes. If he's is bad, I request an immediate transfer to any other position.
3) Dairy and frozen go to poo poo.
4) I laugh.
5) Someone will approach me about possibly taking dairy or going back into frozen.
6) Go to 4.

Tomorrow's interview will be fun. Thanks for the kind words about my writing, by the way. I need to actually pursue that at some point but it is way easier to play PUBG than it is start working on creative stuff. But I'm working on getting my poo poo squared away so maybe that'll change.

I bolded the part that illustrates why you will not get the job. Part of having a successful career is being able to keep a lid on that urge and keep your mouth shut when you need to. This isn't a retail problem, it is an every job problem. You probably have potential outside of retail if you could keep from shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

You're not entirely wrong, but this is also someone who has seen me go the extra mile repeatedly, who has taught me things well outside my duties that I was under no obligation to learn, who has sat around with me after work and talked about her life.

I feel free to be a little glib with her because I respect her, and because she does the same with me.

As a for instance, I had a shift not that long ago where the time clock was jammed. She came up front with someone else, inspected it, then said, "You can't leave until it's fixed," to which I replied, with a dry smile, "Oh, I can leave any time I want."

And then they laughed.

I'll know a lot more about her perception of me and my work following tomorrow's interview, but really, it comes across saltier on the page than was said. :salt:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'll know a lot more about her perception of me and my work following tomorrow's interview, but really, it comes across saltier on the page than was said. :salt:
It's still a thing you should keep a lid on, even around coworkers you feel comfortable being snarky with. In fact, those managers you feel close enough to to say poo poo like that? They're the ones that'll gently caress you over hardest, because "oh Nerdy likes me, I could ask him for the moon and he'd hunt down the mask in 2 days." They're your manager first, your coworker second, and your friend no earlier than when you put in your two week notice.

DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011

therobit posted:

I bolded the part that illustrates why you will not get the job. Part of having a successful career is being able to keep a lid on that urge and keep your mouth shut when you need to. This isn't a retail problem, it is an every job problem. You probably have potential outside of retail if you could keep from shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly.

It's not even just the quote Nerdy - like while I completely get your viewpoint on not wanting to go in early for an unpaid interview ,this is DEFINITELY one of those times you absolutely should have responded, "Great! What time works for you?"

I'm (unfortunately) very confident you won't get this position, I have had my share of employees I am very close and joke around with, however if any of them responded to me asking/nudging them for an interview on something with a, "Why would I want to do that?" I would instantly think, "gently caress you. Have fun rotting where you are." regardless of how I actually responded to them saying it (Laughing, quiet, etc.). I get why you don't perceive it to be a big deal, but I don't know a single supervisor or manager that wouldn't instantly cross you off the list of getting a promotion solely based on that.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been trying to get promoted at work for a while now, and I've done interviews both on and off the clock. I just go with whatever they want to do. I've interviewed while in the middle of my shift, I've gone in early before punching in, and I've done a couple over the phone as well. IMO, refusing to do an interview off the clock is basically telling them that you're not very serious about getting the position. But hey, doing unpaid interviews hasn't gotten me promoted yet so what do I know.

I'm about to apply for another supervisor position at my work. This will be like the 7th one I've gone in the last two or three years and if I don't get it I'm done trying to move up in this company. I don't have a problem with getting passed over when they go with someone who also deserves it, but that's usually not the case. I'm getting so fed up with being turned down for a promotion when they end up picking someone less qualified.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

therobit posted:

Yawgmoth posted:

It's still a thing you should keep a lid on, even around coworkers you feel comfortable being snarky with. In fact, those managers you feel close enough to to say poo poo like that? They're the ones that'll gently caress you over hardest, because "oh Nerdy likes me, I could ask him for the moon and he'd hunt down the mask in 2 days." They're your manager first, your coworker second, and your friend no earlier than when you put in your two week notice.
Actually, I made the very similar mistake which prevented me getting promoted much earlier. During the interview in a light hearted manner I made a negative comment on a policy. I questioned why we have to write down how many of an item we have in our order book while writing down how many we're going to order. The company has their reasons, but for decades we did it without writing backstock count. One of the panel judges looked at me as if I committed a sin. A week later I got a call from my supervisor telling me that sometimes he questions the companies' policies, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't follow them. I of course always followed policy to the letter, even better than the shitheads that they previously promoted. Unfortunately since I joked about in the interview, they immediately crossed me off. Since then, the former produce manager, alcoholic bitch, dui driver, and a couple others got promoted before me.

Anyways, the point of all this is to say: You live, breathe, and obey company policy at all times. There are many times the company will piss you off and you just have to roll with it and just keep on trucking without fussing.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm about to apply for another supervisor position at my work. This will be like the 7th one I've gone in the last two or three years and if I don't get it I'm done trying to move up in this company. I don't have a problem with getting passed over when they go with someone who also deserves it, but that's usually not the case. I'm getting so fed up with being turned down for a promotion when they end up picking someone less qualified.

If you don't get it by the third try you're never going to.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

If you don't get it by the third try you're never going to.

Yeah, that's the case at most places. My work is a little different in that they actually want their employees to succeed and are big about promoting within. Last time they made a supervisor job posting 30 people applied for it. This time I'm guessing they will have around 20 applicants since they decided to not post it to other locations, so I'll just be up against the people at my store.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

They redid the plano for my mushroom section, moved the faster-moving ones to a smaller spot and the trash to ridiculously large spots. They also installed those stupid loving spring dispensers, so the already-small area they gave the plain white mushrooms is even further limited. I can stock a case and a half in an area that should hold three cases, for a product that should (and did, until this week) have a minimum of 6 out.

They're on super-sale next week.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

We only have regular schlubs, one assistant manager and one store manager. The thing is that most schlubs who are halfway intelligent have realised that the ASMs get constantly poo poo on for basically no extra money and all the commitments, so they seem to only get either people who want to become managers or Dunning Kruger case studies in a constant cycle.

I wonder how useful it could be if there were any actual incentives to do the ASMs role.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ASM at most retail companies is basically hazing you have to endure for a few years before you get to be a SM

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pentaghastly posted:

Close! It probably is a wad of heavy cream and curdled milk maybe

I pulled it out of the pipe that leads to the drain, a funnel looking thing beneath a gap where the pipe leads. Dont know what its called.

I call it drain egg

One of the most disgusting things I ever saw while working retail (and there were a few contenders) was discovering some weeks after I was promoted out of dairy that my replacement was not ever washing the drain trough with hot water. Accordingly, milk leakage had curdled and turned into a cottage cheese plug at the top of the drain pipe, which then prevented any further milk leaks from properly draining. This was noticed when the cooler started stinking. I gloved up and removed the plug, but the pipe still wasn't draining properly. We got a bathroom plunger, but it didn't really fit the pipe and didn't get a seal. The dairy guy decided (and I must admit, it worked) that the best course of action was to use his big fat arm as a plunger. So he started literally fisting this pipe with his doughy white guy ham hock arm.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

God I dont know how to handle this. You ever have a customer who comes up and tells a gay "joke" referring to people as faggots?
I just kinda shut down and try to mush them out of the store as fast as possible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hihohe posted:

God I dont know how to handle this. You ever have a customer who comes up and tells a gay "joke" referring to people as faggots?
I just kinda shut down and try to mush them out of the store as fast as possible.

Halfheartedly play along with them. I've had an older white man come up to me and make casual racism remarks, and at first I didn't realize it until he made another remark. He said something to the effect of "I trained some monkey and he could only last 3 hours" which I misinterpreted as "I can train a monkey to work for 3 hours". Then he said something about his company ordering parts from China and saying something to the effect of "Meanwhile you have ho chi minh over there" and it dawned on me that when he said "monkey" earlier he meant a black person.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hihohe posted:

Once my manager at the time and I got a guy telling us how he won't go to Hershey Park anymore because there are too many black people there nowadays

It was not pleasant and we weren't at all sure how polite small talk got us to that point

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If I wasn't bitch made I wouldve refused service.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Hihohe posted:

'I'm sorry sir, that sort of language won't be tolerated here. If you continue making those sorts of remarks, security will escort you from the premises.'

That is the only correct response. That being said, I'm gay and so is half the management team, so maybe I have a bit more leeway that you do to nip that poo poo in the bud.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

That reminds me of an older guy at the hospital I cook at. He was looking for some diabetes class thing. And I forget exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of. "Why don't they have Wal-Mart in Israel? There's a Target on every corner." I walked away, and he even asked me "did ya get the joke?" Naw shove off, gently caress that noise.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
I've gotten the "is that the womens restroom or can just anyone use it"

they're single stall bathrooms. it literally does not even matter in any way the identity of the person who uses it you hateful old bitch

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I wasn't work retail but I was getting a coffee and said "Excuse me sir" as I thought I'd gotten in the way of an elderly gentleman by accident. He laughs and said "don't call me sir you make me feel old!" which alright.

Then he started with "You can't call anyone sir anymore, isn't that what TRUDEAU says?" I wish I was wittier but I was so pissed off I just said "I'm not here to discuss politics with you." He looked pretty sour and I got my coffee and left.

I was just being polite you shriveled old shitbird. Damned if you do.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I had a customer use human being while referring to our Sun Conure baby (as in saying she didn't want him to be one). We had been having a pleasant conversation up til then.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
It was really bad, at least in a America, for all of 2016 and early 2017 on customers trying to bait talking politics at work.

I had a customer I was moving pictures over the day after trumps inauguration, and he goes “you know who that is right!” I am pretty my response was either “never seen him before in my life” or “oh, that’s George Bush.” I really hate when customers try to bare just to bring up whatever dumb political opinions that I’m just not going to risk talking about when I’m at work and you can file a complaint against me if I say something wrong.

Thankfully that has died down a little bit lately.

In other news, yesterday I had a customer ask me something along the lines of “so what are you working on doing long term while working here?” Because apparently I would be crazy to work my current job anything other than short term. I played it down and just said “been doing this 9 years, I’m good” but man did that one Tick me off in the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I learned that of the people that have applied for the full-time position in store, almost all of them have been discarded because they cannot be trusted to do the job correctly. Not counting people who have applied from other stores, it is down to just two people: me, and the store manager's golden boy.

Golden boy has no perishable goods experience, no grocery experience, and spends a lot of time doing nothing. However, he also helps the store manager shop, fetches things for her, etc.

Store manager has the final decision.

lol

I'll know in a few days, but who knows. She could call an audible and give another full-time position to someone from another store.