Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The montage of Bilbo collecting ingredients for his 111th birthday party would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
144th up your fukken knowledge.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Nope, pretty sure it was his eleventy first.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It was also Frodo's thirty-third birthday, so one gross put together.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
http://tvline.com/2018/04/03/american-gods-season-2-new-media-gillian-anderson/

Gillian Anderson's leaving is official, but it appears that they're not so much recasting as creating a new character to take up the role of "New Media". Which is a little bullshit given that's Technical Boy's field, but whatever.

Bet they'll cast Greta Lee.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God that's a shame. She did a great job

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Welp, see you guys for the Vampire thing or whatever. :wave:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Hi, dead thread! Look, small signs of life: https://www.facebook.com/neilgaiman/videos/10155403567461016/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Holy poo poo. That's a lot of effort and money into tricking us to hope.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Milo and POTUS posted:

Holy poo poo. That's a lot of effort and money into tricking us to hope.

I forgot how much I enjoy looking at Ricky Whittle, so coming across that was a nice surprise this morning, if nothing else.

Also has anyone picked up the season one Blu-ray or DVD? Any cool extra features or anything?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Neat. Might end up having to do a re-watch end of this year then.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/994005768578924546
Glad to see one of my favorite characters from the book is going to show up this season

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/994005768578924546
Glad to see one of my favorite characters from the book is going to show up this season

I'm glad to see that the casting call is actually putting effort into it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m binging through S1 because I have a free week of Starz. I really like it, though it’s amazing Bryan Fuller Bryan Fullered himself AGAIN. Whatever budget he had for this was working, the show looks great, why’d he get himself booted by demanding 10 million?

Also Kristin Chenoweth creeps me out. I dunno how much work she’s gotten done but her face has a weird uncanny valley thing going on.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
II think they also applied some effect on her face in post to hide wrinkles.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

she is an old god given a fix-er-upper by the new gods

(there should be a god of plastic surgery and facepaints)

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

one of my favorite characters from the book

why would you have that opinion

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
LOL

https://nerdist.com/bryan-fuller-exits-anne-rice-vampire-chronicles/

BRYAN FULLER STRIKES AGAIN

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I would have hated that show, but by and large, Fuller makes TV I love, like this or Hannibal, and then ruins it by being a loving diva. It’s so obnoxious.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fuller makes good TV but at this point why would anyone even hire him anymore? If you bring him on, you've got like maybe a 25% chance of getting a single great season of a show that's critically acclaimed but with poor ratings before he bails on you, and basically no chance of getting a second season out of him.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Fuller makes good TV but at this point why would anyone even hire him anymore? If you bring him on, you've got like maybe a 25% chance of getting a single great season of a show that's critically acclaimed but with poor ratings before he bails on you, and basically no chance of getting a second season out of him.

Everyone wants the next Hannibal, or failing that at least a solid season of American Gods to jump off from. Maybe they'll finally learn those were the exceptions.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
He just needs to get some streaming service to give him a blank check for the prestige.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

He just needs to get some streaming service to give him a blank check for the prestige.

But he still hosed up on Discovery because he couldn't get scripts finished on time.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But he still hosed up on Discovery because he couldn't get scripts finished on time.

Well, the problem there was he was spread too thin with also trying to make American Gods happen.

Just one project at a time, Bryan. It worked with Pushing Daisies and Hannibal.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Hiro Murai is doing better work on television than Bryan Fuller. Atlanta and Barry don't have to worry about him jumping ship either.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dennis McClaren posted:

Hiro Murai is doing better work on television than Bryan Fuller. Atlanta and Barry don't have to worry about him jumping ship either.

I agree that he's better than Bryan Fuller but he's a director, so I don't really know that it's that comparable situation wise.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

McSpanky posted:

Everyone wants the next Hannibal, or failing that at least a solid season of American Gods to jump off from. Maybe they'll finally learn those were the exceptions.

Well, NBC didn't want the first Hannibal, so I'm gonna say that at least one network doesn't want another Hannibal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, Hannibal was a great show, but no one whose job it is to make money on tv shows is going to point at it and say "Give me that."

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
These reports always make me wonder what Fuller's relationship with his agent is like.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
He seems like he is having a hard time, I hope someone can help him sort his life out before he torches any and all goodwill in the industry.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I make fun of him lately, but in his defense, anyone know if there’s truth to the rumor that Anne Rice is a nightmare to work with?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I make fun of him lately, but in his defense, anyone know if there’s truth to the rumor that Anne Rice is a nightmare to work with?

All I know about Anne Rice personally is that she spent a lot of time suing the crap out of people who wrote fanfiction of her work, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have no desire to see anything based on Anne Rice's work, so i'm not exactly sad that he left the project. I just hope that Fuller realizes that he is making a reputation for himself as someone you can't trust to stay with a project.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Crow Jane posted:

I forgot how much I enjoy looking at Ricky Whittle, so coming across that was a nice surprise this morning, if nothing else.

Also has anyone picked up the season one Blu-ray or DVD? Any cool extra features or anything?

I impulse bought the Blu-Ray for $10 or something similar during a trip to Wal-Mart or Target and I forgot I had until this comment reminded me. I think I'll take some time to start watching it tonight. I can't speak to the quality of the special features, but there sure are a lot listed:

- "The Road to American Gods" Documentary
- Title Gods
- God Squad Video Commentary
-American Gods origins
- Old Gods
- New Gods
- What is American Gods? (Knowing nothing about the feature, that sure seems like a weird thing to have on a TV series I've bought)
- Book vs Show
- Explore the Crocodile Bar in 360 Degrees with commentary by cast and crew
- Audio commentaries with cast and crew

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Oasx posted:

I have no desire to see anything based on Anne Rice's work, so i'm not exactly sad that he left the project. I just hope that Fuller realizes that he is making a reputation for himself as someone you can't trust to stay with a project.

Is she even really involved? I thought her son had taken over the vampire sex book empire entirely now.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

We got our New Media, Kahyun Kim. Also Dean Winters is Mr. Town and Devery Jacobs is Sam Black Crow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mallratcal posted:

We got our New Media, Kahyun Kim. Also Dean Winters is Mr. Town and Devery Jacobs is Sam Black Crow.

Oh wow, these are all great casting jobs. I'm pretty psyched to see where the show goes. As much as everyone else in this thread is gonna disagree with me here, I hope season 2 (and ?onward?) sticks more closely to the book.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm cautiously optimistic, for all the back-stage drama that occurred I still think there is enough drive to keep this train on the tracks.

I do hope they can keep the cinematic style because some of those shots like the snow scene or the lynching/massacre were stylish as gently caress.

And of course, more bad luck-leprechaun slapstick.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If nothing else, Neil Gaiman is someone that cares a lot about what his name gets put on (which, after BBC's Neverwhere, who can blame him?) so I'd say he's trying his absolute damndest to make it good, and it's not like he has zero experience with film/television.

Still think Good Omens is gonna end up being huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I'm REALLY gonna miss Gillian Anderson though.