Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Back to work for a while, would vote one of Narc/Ice/Dick, not in that order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Back to work for a while, would vote one of Narc/Ice/Dick, not in that order

I hope you're off work in less than seven hours or you won't be voting anyone.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm played mafia before, friend. I'll be fine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Holy poo poo lol

DB wasn’t even on my radar

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

But while I have you, what do you make of willie's posting, and ice's weird vote

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
are people really taking dumb jokey reasons for votes on day one as scumtells? well ok then

I did kinda forget DB was in this game lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Xad, in this game certain players try to eliminate others without making it obvious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not going to finish this memo on time

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

Imagine if willie was like "hey watch this neat trick that's gonna put distance between us scumbros (icefirebird) and make me look town to boot!"

Dick Bastardly posted:

I accept grandi's case as fine and good.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

My post was mostly a joke but willies is p bad

Is a low post count a bad thing in this game? I didn't read the OP. I skimmed it

these are really weird posts that I don't like. Would vote.

also not gonna vote for meowth now cause he's actually posting

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Xad, in this game certain players try to eliminate others without making it obvious

:thunk: yes and generally everyone, including town, gives lovely jokey reasons on day one for votes because there's usually not a lot to go off of when there aren't a lot of posts, but thank you for the condescension

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Xad posted:

:thunk: yes and generally everyone, including town, gives lovely jokey reasons on day one for votes because there's usually not a lot to go off of when there aren't a lot of posts, but thank you for the condescension

You're welcome, pal. When you've played as much as I have, I'm sure you'll see these things too :grin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

there's never a valid excuse for lack of content. We've just become accustomed to laziness

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

zzz

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I can't tell if this is designed to look like whomever clicks it or if it is legit me. Not wrong either way.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

I can't tell if this is designed to look like whomever clicks it or if it is legit me. Not wrong either way.

it u

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Why anon again?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

yeah I caught up...

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

I figured it out guys follow my logic here.

Phoenix = fire = sun
ICEphoenix = anti-sun

##vote icephoenix

My post was mostly a joke but willies is p bad

Is a low post count a bad thing in this game? I didn't read the OP. I skimmed it

think the anon case is these 3 posts or so. Not much else to look at, really.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
you know what ##vote anon

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not scum. I am a ray of sunshine.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
how about THIS!?

##vote tastey

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

willie_dee posted:

Do scum always have private chat between each other allowed?

If not, you have made a slip here me thinks.

Just fyi the slip up was being sure scum had private coms between each other, but I don't know if all mafia games involve a scum with a chat to each other externally ability.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

willie_dee posted:

Just fyi the slip up was being sure scum had private coms between each other, but I don't know if all mafia games involve a scum with a chat to each other externally ability.

all standard and most non-standard games have that.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Xad posted:

think the anon case is these 3 posts or so. Not much else to look at, really.

The first two are kinda "meh *shrug*" and the last is not that good. Not really getting a scum vibe, but will take note.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
but admitting skimming the op...shame :colbert:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

looks like someone REALLY wants boon

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
:rip: RetroFuturist

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
heck yeah boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Db looking sus af right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My friends, I must apologize. I did not realize that having fun with the flavor in my posting would be looked down upon so much. I will make sure that from this point forward, all my posting is made with the utmost seriousness and absolutely no fun, as that is not what mafia is about.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So, since Fisk is back, I'll ##unvote and look through everything for a bit.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hello I am off work now.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

this is a ridiculous question, because i would already have a full view of the board and would know if one or both of them was scum
Of course it's loving ridiculous, that's the point. But perhaps I've not made myself clear; the question isn't "What do you THINK as scum" but rather "What do you TELL the town as scum".

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Also holy poo poo a d1 dogpile on a "lurker" within a day of game start is ridiculous slow your fuckin roll
It had been well over 24 hours after game start when I voted you. As of my vote, Day 1 would end in 14 hours. So you'd been missing 34 out of 48 hours. 41 really, as of your return. Playing this like you I jumped you 12 hours in is scummy as gently caress when in fact you'd already been gone for the vast majority of D1. So yeah. Lurker.

But thank you for your shotgun reads. Willie is obvs towny as heck today, b- coming in second with a "feels pretty town", and Fisk is "probably aggressively dickish town" but will be watching closely. Still hasn't posted a statement regarding his alignment or answered my question, both of which as suspect as gently caress, one more than the other. I'll let you guess which. :colbert:

All that said, Fisk is here, job is done, lurker de-lurkified.
##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
you don't like boons?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

Hello I am off work now.

Of course it's loving ridiculous, that's the point. But perhaps I've not made myself clear; the question isn't "What do you THINK as scum" but rather "What do you TELL the town as scum".

It had been well over 24 hours after game start when I voted you. As of my vote, Day 1 would end in 14 hours. So you'd been missing 34 out of 48 hours. 41 really, as of your return. Playing this like you I jumped you 12 hours in is scummy as gently caress when in fact you'd already been gone for the vast majority of D1. So yeah. Lurker.

But thank you for your shotgun reads. Willie is obvs towny as heck today, b- coming in second with a "feels pretty town", and Fisk is "probably aggressively dickish town" but will be watching closely. Still hasn't posted a statement regarding his alignment or answered my question, both of which as suspect as gently caress, one more than the other. I'll let you guess which. :colbert:

All that said, Fisk is here, job is done, lurker de-lurkified.
##unvote

whats 48 minus 15

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

whats 48 minus 15
Look I am not good at math ok

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not going to touch the argument that amounts to splitting hairs over a number of hours. think what you like, it's wack

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

how about THIS!?

##vote tastey

OMG, US

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I would vote for DB today based on his posting. I want Anon more due to this weirdness:

Grandicap posted:

Overjustification of a vote that doesn't need it. This person is not comfortable in their own skin.

##vote IcePheonix

Is it just me or does grandi seem super scummy this game so far? Also I love that my phone tried to autocorrect grandi to Grandicap but I didn't let it

I figured it out guys follow my logic here.

Phoenix = fire = sun
ICEphoenix = anti-sun

##vote icephoenix

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh, and to that end

##vote Anon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!