Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ropekid I hope we can copy paste in the ship name menu because otherwise it'll be really hard to type the diacriticals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's not a blimp, but gently caress it: Hindensperg

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My ship is going to be the 'Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality'

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'll just pick a Chaos Marine fleet ship name from 40k :black101:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

UrbicaMortis posted:

I feel bad for Aloth since I kicked him to the curb pretty early on in my first game since I was a wizard and I didn't want two in the party. And now in my second run I've mostly filed my party with the new DLC companions and hirvais, who I barely used first time. I guess I could kick Durance out but I like those sweet, sweet priest spells.

As I'm planning to be a wizard again in PoE2, I think I'll probably continue ignoring Aloth. But who knows, maybe I'll multiclass him and then feel ok about bringing him along.

Two wizards is great though. You could have like one Wizard chucking chill fogs and the other chucking slickens. That alone would solve a lot of early encounters. And it will only get more ridiculous from there.

That's for Poe1 of course.

If you want diversity I guess that would be a problem though. But more of a powerhouse class isn't a bad thing.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

frajaq posted:

"The two of you tumble into your bunk, and you pass a few sweaty hours in one another's company;

tfw it turns out ur just reading someones soul memory & ur still the incel watcher from caed nua

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 6, 2018

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Ginette Reno posted:

Two wizards is great though. You could have like one Wizard chucking chill fogs and the other chucking slickens. That alone would solve a lot of early encounters. And it will only get more ridiculous from there.

That's for Poe1 of course.

If you want diversity I guess that would be a problem though. But more of a powerhouse class isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, i'm sure it was totally viable but I generally only want one of a class in my party. I know lots of people in this thread have played the game a dozen times over but, while I like it a lot, I've only had the inclination to do two playthroughs. Because of that, I want to get the broadest experience which means no doubling up of classes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i hope poe2 ends with you taking off your vr goggles and someone saying 'youve passed the test, welcome to the xcom program'

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Cheston posted:

Only 20 characters. I do love those novels' ship names though.

"Insufficient Gravitas" is 21. gently caress! :mad:

ropekid, fix ur game

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i hope poe2 ends with you taking off your vr goggles and someone saying 'youve passed the test, welcome to the xcom program, Commander'

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fintilgin posted:

"Insufficient Gravitas" is 21. gently caress! :mad:

ropekid, fix ur game

"Gravitas Deficiency' fits though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

tfw it turns out ur just reading someones soul memory & ur still the incel watcher from caed nua

Plot twist: that blurb is when you romance the Steward

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uuuugh such a small character limit, I'm disappointed

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those outfits are really good! I wonder how long it took to just put on the skin make-up.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

our boy is live

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
THUNDERCHILD

AVESTRIEL

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ropekid I hope we can copy paste in the ship name menu because otherwise it'll be really hard to type the diacriticals

Switch your keyboard layout to AZERTY in your OS. :smug:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

things I learned today:

Sawyer wants to do a Pillars of Eternity Turn-Based Tactical game if possible
Edér is racist??????

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Eder is super racist. Take him and Hiarvias out and you get some really :stonk: stuff

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frajaq posted:

things I learned today:

Sawyer wants to do a Pillars of Eternity Turn-Based Tactical game if possible
Edér is racist??????

You didn't notice Eder being racist in PoE1??

I would be so down for Final Fantasy Pillars of Eternity Tactics.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

more things I learned

Josh Sawyer is colorblind
You can filter the combat log per character

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Racism is justified in Eora since it conforms to actual racial theory with discrete races exhibiting inherent differences and abilities.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat unpetrifiable elves.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Racism is justified in Eora since it conforms to actual racial theory with discrete races exhibiting inherent differences and abilities.

Also don’t Orlans eat people, or is that just a dirty rumor I heard?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Also don’t Orlans eat people, or is that just a dirty rumor I heard?

Probably, I met some orlan by the side of the road eating a raw deer like an animal. I left in disgust.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Eder is racist but in a clueless way. Like he'd tell you to hire a Jewish dude as quartermaster for your ship because he'd know how to get good deals. Or a Chinese guy because they are good with numbers. He's not trying to be mean, he's just dumb.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Wait a second, important question

Learned from the stream that *any* inspiration will wipe out *any* affliction on the same stat

question: does that apply in reverse, or not? Will a later-cast affliction wipe out an inspiration, or will it be blocked by the existing inspiration?

It matters a lot for setting up scripts etc., not to mention the relative strength of buffing vs debuffing.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Inspirations always trump Afflictions.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

rope kid posted:

Ok, thanks!

*goes back to the AI script drawing board*

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Here is the timestamp of when it starts in case anyone wants to watch it but not comb through a 6 hour video on twitches awful player to find it.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

rope kid posted:

Anti-rogue bias confirmed

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's probably been mentioned before, but is that sickle one of your companions has a unique thing, or can I have a bunch of Skaen priest/Nalpazca monks dual wielding hammers and sickles?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The good ship Godhammer II: This time we really mean it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Pwnstar posted:

Eder is racist but in a clueless way. Like he'd tell you to hire a Jewish dude as quartermaster for your ship because he'd know how to get good deals. Or a Chinese guy because they are good with numbers. He's not trying to be mean, he's just dumb.

"Was that bad? I meant it as a compliment!"

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Article came out a few days ago with a few tidbits

Article posted:

For veterans, there's repercussions from big choices made in the expansive game before it, such as pissing off a certain god leading to your ship (which replaces the original's strongholds) being perpetually pooped on by birds ("What we affectionately call 'The poo poo Ship'")

Hylea PLEASE

Also says the game is fully voiced which I think we knew was an option but is our first outright confirmation? Also Obsidian is telling Deadfire fans to watch their stream tomorrow morning for some big news that everyone has been asking about, so probably more voice acting news if I had to guess.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Have they distinguished between all characters being fully voiced or just NPCs? I have to imagine the latter.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I hope Éder's time as mayor of Gilded Vale has given him some experience and perspective and he returns as a college freshman.

Hey did you guys know The war of black trees was actually started by humans??

But, what if I like, accidentally brush up against an Orlan and their soft pelt gives me a fuzzy feeling? I don't want to offend anybody...

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Does Eder pet you if you're playing an orlan?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I seem to remember it not coming up that much actually.

Probably because all the Eder Tries To Interact With An Orlan moments were written for him and Hiravias instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I never noticed the Eder racism thing in the game, perhaps it's because Hiravias is the companion I have used the least.

• Locked thread