Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
alrighty then, well im going to bed.

im vanilla.

i'm obviously not voting myself so ##vote anon

if i die, gl town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Rhjamiz, does the AN claim make you think he's town?
If so, why, if not, why did it make you change your vote?
That seems like a question that is pretty obviously answered by my vote swapping, man.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I mean clearly people are here and reading the thread so we probably could.

##vote willie

PS I'm a ladygoon

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Regardless of how today turns out, we need to look at TM and RF tomorrow. Not a fan of those solo votes, plus they haven’t contributed at all today

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

That seems like a question that is pretty obviously answered by my vote swapping, man.

Then answer the followup? What part of a weakened watcher role seems like a town role? Even if arguably provable.

I posit that the role doesn't help us catch scum, so alignment is irrelevant for that role. It should not change the needle one way or the other. If you thought AN was scum before, what changed?
Help me understand the thought process.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm gonna ##unvote for now just so we can't get a surprise hammer

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote
Hmmm

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (5): GulagDolls, b-minus1, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Xad, Rhjamiz, Jonathan Fisk, IcePhoenix, Rhjamiz, Dick Bastardly, IcePhoenix
Grandicap (1): Grandicap, Retro Futurist, willie_dee, willie_dee, Grandicap
willie_dee (1): AnonymousNarcotics
Jonathan Fisk (1): Rhjamiz, Tired Moritz, IcePhoenix, Dick Bastardly, IcePhoenix, Rhjamiz, Dick Bastardly
Dick Bastardly (1): IcePhoenix, IcePhoenix, Rhjamiz
IcePhoenix (1): GulagDolls, AnonymousNarcotics, GulagDolls, Grandicap, AnonymousNarcotics
b-minus1 (0): Xad, Xad

Not Voting (2): IcePhoenix, willie_dee

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2018 at 12:15 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 38 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Regardless of how today turns out, we need to look at TM and RF tomorrow. Not a fan of those solo votes, plus they haven’t contributed at all today

RF voted IcePhoenix, some hooligan made the misspelling of it vote for me instead so it looked like a solo vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

RF voted IcePhoenix, some hooligan made the misspelling of it vote for me instead so it looked like a solo vote.

I didn’t catch that, thanks.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I feel like I should have use :corsair::arghfist:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

I didn’t catch that, thanks.

The ducking out thing is still valid though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Grandicap posted:

Maybe the mod can fix this if RF doesn't return. Just for records and fairness

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm not inclined to vote for willie today because that "aha a scumslip?" post felt pretty genuine to me.

I mentioned it before, and in my post of reads, but he did the exact same "pile onto someone that looks like they might get a wagon going" thing on d2 of the DBZ game, at which point he was scum even though a couple days later he switched to town because of the weird rules, and then said something about us "going at it" even though I don't think I ever actually voted for him and was mostly focused on someone else those days?

Grandicap posted:

That was really weird, I still don't know why it was doing that with that misspelling

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Return to manual votes, down with the machine revolution!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I also noticed how RF made what is effectively the bare minimum number of posts to avoid being Hated automatically.

Grandicap posted:

Then answer the followup? What part of a weakened watcher role seems like a town role? Even if arguably provable.

I posit that the role doesn't help us catch scum, so alignment is irrelevant for that role. It should not change the needle one way or the other. If you thought AN was scum before, what changed?
Help me understand the thought process.
She claimed an investigative power role. I tend to see those as town-aligned. If you're going to make the case that it's a scum role, make it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I mentioned it before, and in my post of reads, but he did the exact same "pile onto someone that looks like they might get a wagon going" thing on d2 of the DBZ game, at which point he was scum even though a couple days later he switched to town because of the weird rules, and then said something about us "going at it" even though I don't think I ever actually voted for him and was mostly focused on someone else those days?

That was really weird, I still don't know why it was doing that with that misspelling

It didn't do it, someone went on votefinder and manually set the misspelling of your name to an alias for me. I removed the alias because you can do that when logged in for yourself.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Id rather lynch the claimed vanilla role tbh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grandicap posted:

It didn't do it, someone went on votefinder and manually set the misspelling of your name to an alias for me. I removed the alias because you can do that when logged in for yourself.

that's hosed up, did you fix it so it redirects to me when people do that now?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'mma look at the timing of both real quick.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Rereading willie I feel pretty good about my vote. He made a bunch of non game related posts. Then a bandwagon vote on a joke post, then "I'd rather lynch a lurker" but never voted anyone else. Then "knowing scum have private chat is a scum slip" which unless he's a complete newbie is just like what

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i'd rather ##vote willie than anon.. i'd also like to go to bed :(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

I also noticed how RF made what is effectively the bare minimum number of posts to avoid being Hated automatically.

She claimed an investigative power role. I tend to see those as town-aligned. If you're going to make the case that it's a scum role, make it.

Ok, so watcher straight is a pretty alignment neutral role. It is super powerful for both town and scum. As town you can catch scum in a lie, or legit see the kill happen. Good Power. As scum it lets you figure out who has a role so you can use that knowledge to direct kills.
A watcher who just sees what role targetted a person is decidedly less powerful. It can still be used to catch someone in a lie, under much more specific circumstances, like at the end of the game full claim time for town. And for scum, it show that power roles exist so they know what to look out for. But the use on both sides is very limited.

This should not be considered an investigative powerrole because it will likely never drive a lynch, even under ideal circumstances. If you thought AN was scum before, this should not push the needle the other way in my opinion.

PS This is not me trying to get you to vote AN, I just want to see why you were so primed to jump off. It feels like this is the knee jerk reaction to a claim (almost any powerrole claim) on d1. As if its only cool to lynch a vanilla (town) on day 1. So, why is your Knee jerking?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Rereading willie I feel pretty good about my vote. He made a bunch of non game related posts. Then a bandwagon vote on a joke post, then "I'd rather lynch a lurker" but never voted anyone else. Then "knowing scum have private chat is a scum slip" which unless he's a complete newbie is just like what

it not hard to read the rules and willie has played before apparently.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

that's hosed up, did you fix it so it redirects to me when people do that now?
Going to use the mispelling to set it right, probs.

##vote IcePheonix

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Going to use the mispelling to set it right, probs.

##vote IcePheonix

Yarp, that worked, now people can butcher your name with impugnity IP. Gratz.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he is.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

PPS, still like the IP vote, but of the names bandied about I'm pretty happy hopping on willie. I have no strong town views to the point where I would advocate a no lynch here, so my vote will hop if need be at deadline.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this town isn't going to lunch anyone, i can feel it :negative:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grandicap posted:

Yarp, that worked, now people can butcher your name with impugnity IP. Gratz.

I'm used to people butchering my real name to so now I can be just like real life

in fairness to willie I think this is like his second game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Willie has played in 5 games, and is in 2 active. A new ish player to be sure, but that is a good chunk of games under his belt to know that scum can talk to eachother.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We still have an hour and a fair few people around.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If we get too close to deadline that it looks like a no lynch I'll self vote bc it's more pro town to see my flip then to have a nl

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

Willie has played in 5 games, and is in 2 active. A new ish player to be sure, but that is a good chunk of games under his belt to know that scum can talk to eachother.

that's what I'm thinking.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Also also it looks like he was scum in Chuck vs. the Buy-More Mafia, so unless that game was off the rails crazy he should really know better.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Upon re-reading willie and the timing of his vote (nevermind that Anon didn't fix theirs until later), that sure does look bad. I thought the "scumslip?" post felt towny in my gut and was going off that for most of it.

Grandicap posted:

PS This is not me trying to get you to vote AN, I just want to see why you were so primed to jump off. It feels like this is the knee jerk reaction to a claim (almost any powerrole claim) on d1. As if its only cool to lynch a vanilla (town) on day 1. So, why is your Knee jerking?
This feels like you're over-complicating things. I already said; the role claimed sounded investigative at first blush, they have to provide results going into D2; liars would be lynched. Why shouldn't I prefer to lynch claimed vanillas over claimed power roles? One of those things seems far easier to catch out in a lie.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grandicap posted:

Dick Bastardly posted:

that's what I'm thinking.

Grandicap posted:

Also also it looks like he was scum in Chuck vs. the Buy-More Mafia, so unless that game was off the rails crazy he should really know better.

He had a scum discord channel in DBZ as well, so yeah

I feel good enough to ##vote willie I think

Also as a side note, I figured out how to look at stuff in votefinder and :lol: at my second alias

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote to fix mine

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

If we get too close to deadline that it looks like a no lynch I'll self vote bc it's more pro town to see my flip then to have a nl

in this case I am leaving my vote where it is and going to bed! :tootzzz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why is everyone in this game being the sucmmiest ever

• Locked thread