Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah his Okada match last month was a carbon copy of his Scurll match on Sunday :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okada's every match being the same supersedes Ospreay's obviously.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Apologies, I meant to say Liger not Okada

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

St Evan Echoes posted:

Ricochet is a better flippy man but Ospreay works better matches

I'm not going to sign off on this one. Ricochet is a top tier worker imo. Not only does everything he does look crisp, but he is very good at making his high spot style seem meaningful and he really doesn't do things unless they mean something to the match. Osprey is a good worker but I think his body works faster than his brain sometimes and can end up doing something silly a little often in a match.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ricochet is better, handsomer, and slightly less of a mega dork than Ospreay

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ricochet would have had a better match in every high-profile situation Ospreay's had in NJPW. It's just that CHAOS only had room for one Kentucky gentleman and Okada was waiting to make sure he made the right decision.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Is he flipper than Will Ospreay?

You be the judge: https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00392_6_08

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

abraham linksys posted:

:vince:

Was this week's nxt TV a good recap? Missed most of the tv since last takeover outside of reading spoilers due to life events (and now vacation travels) and wondering if I should try catching up with it or stick to whatever packages are on wwe.com

Yep, they set up things nicely for TakeOver and included some nice video packages to build things up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you have Netflix check out the Puma/Johnny Mundo matches from LU, which I consider the best work of Ricochets career

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I didn't catch what was said in the Regal/Undisputed Era backstage promo because for some reason the volume is always way lower in backstage segments. Will Cole be pulling double duty or does Kyle have to find a new partner?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They were given the option of either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The newest member of TUE: Cole Adams!

Adam Cole comes out in a fake moustache and wearing an eyepatch

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
If they hadn't already teased Roddy joining TUE I could see him pulling a Cody Rhodes and leaving Dunne on his own. Makes less sense in a triple threat though. Plus Dunne would probably still win.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The newest member of TUE: Cole Adams!

Adam Cole comes out in a fake moustache and wearing an eyepatch

Speaking of name changes War Machine are keeping their's after all:

https://twitter.com/WarBeardHanson/status/981966566546919425

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

If they hadn't already teased Roddy joining TUE I could see him pulling a Cody Rhodes and leaving Dunne on his own. Makes less sense in a triple threat though. Plus Dunne would probably still win.

Could have Roddy turn and then British Strong Style reunite to even the odds?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I didn't catch what was said in the Regal/Undisputed Era backstage promo because for some reason the volume is always way lower in backstage segments. Will Cole be pulling double duty or does Kyle have to find a new partner?

Cole complained about double-duty, so Regal said he could ever do both matches or drop out of one of them in favor of the other, but if he dropped out of the tag match then Undisputed Era would love the tag titles.

It was basically punishment for them screwing up the end of the Dusty Classic, and Cole was livid because he knew he was the architect of his own problem.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Wonder who from NXT (if anyone) is gonna be in the ARMBAR or WWBR.

2015 - Hideo Itami tossed out like a loser
2016 - Baron Corbin wins
2017 - Killian Dain does pretty ok I guess and gets right near the end

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Is this necessarily solid? I feel like there were other indie dudes who had their indie names in NXT programs before being renamed once they hit TV. Maybe not, though.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

At this point it seems like Hunter generally is willing to let guys keep their indie names if those people are willing to sign a deal for WWE to own it/they can't actually trademark it because it's their real name. Better to have people recognize a name with notoriety instead of going "you know who this is, but he goes by this name now".

Like Kairi probably didn't want to sign over "Kairi Hojo" (probably hedging her bets that she'll go back to Japan one day) so she went with Sane instead. Meanwhile, Ricochet is probably like "yeah I'm wrapping up my career here" so he's fine with WWE owning the name.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

they look like horizon zero dawn npcs

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

rovert posted:

Warper and Warowan

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Am I the only one who can only think of Kevin from The Office every time Lars Sullivan speaks?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Vilkata posted:

Am I the only one who can only think of Kevin from The Office every time Lars Sullivan speaks?

Because whoever decided to have him speak is Kevin levels of stupid? Yes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bard Maddox posted:

they look like horizon zero dawn npcs

it's very good, I agree

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
These mini-house shows they're doing at Axess look fun as hell. Kalisto made Buddy Murphy an honorary Lucha Dragon!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Internet says they've had cameras filming it all, so we might get to see some of it this time.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The Cameo posted:

At this point it seems like Hunter generally is willing to let guys keep their indie names if those people are willing to sign a deal for WWE to own it/they can't actually trademark it because it's their real name. Better to have people recognize a name with notoriety instead of going "you know who this is, but he goes by this name now".

Like Kairi probably didn't want to sign over "Kairi Hojo" (probably hedging her bets that she'll go back to Japan one day) so she went with Sane instead. Meanwhile, Ricochet is probably like "yeah I'm wrapping up my career here" so he's fine with WWE owning the name.

I find that kind of foolish, considering this is a very fickle company.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The Cameo posted:

Kairi has said she may want to return to Japan one day, she may not. She expressed in a fairly recent interview that she's currently incredibly happy over here in America and with the company in general. And that she may not go back to STARDOM or the joshi circuit as a result. Which makes sense considering STARDOM is slowly becoming a stomping ground for WOH talent to look strong over everyone else (WOH talent is loving terrible).

It's also worth noting that she's starting to approach the age of where she would start losing fans in Japan. She's 29 now, and most joshi retire by 32 or 33.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 7, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus who wants to be Kairi Howard Johnson.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

schweens posted:

Warper and Warowan

Warscension, more like.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ricochet doesn't need the name that bad

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cavauro posted:

ricochet doesn't need the name that bad

He's still got Prince Puma

Also he's friends with Chuck Taylor so if Ricochet ever leaves WWE could see the debut of Powercat Jeff Winslow.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rovert posted:

i look forward to the new age outlaws or the headbangers or whatever beating these guys while cole screams 'thanks for comin'!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've decided I want to spend today watching the whole Gargano/Ciampa story from the top. Can somebody tell me all the key NXT matches I need to see?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rarity posted:

I've decided I want to spend today watching the whole Gargano/Ciampa story from the top. Can somebody tell me all the key NXT matches I need to see?

https://youtu.be/-Og5WrBrrzM

https://youtu.be/mjCvLQeF0Vk

These are the condensed versions. Basically, their match in the opening round of the Cruiserweight Classic, then anything from a TakeOver that they're in.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Rarity posted:

This is about everything that they did of note, double brackets are less important so can be skipped for time.

Sept 2015, NXT 297: ciampa/gargano vs rhyno/Corbin both guys were intitially thrown together to fill out the dusty classic bracket and turned out had good chemistry

((NXT 304: ciampa/gargano vs gable and Jordan ))

August 2016: CWC ep4 gargano vs ciampa
NXT takeover Brooklyn 2 ciampa/gargano vs the revival

Nov 2016 NXT 362: DIY vs AOP (dusty classic semis)
NXT takeover Toronto: DIY vs revival 2/3 falls

((NXT 370 DIY vs Tajiri and Tozawa in Osaka ))
((NXT 371 DIY vs TM61 in Melbourne ))
NXT 372 DIY vs revival

Jan 2017 NXT takeover San Antonio DIY vs AOP

April 2017 NXT takeover DIY vs AOP vs Revival elimination match

May 2017 NXT takeover Chicago DIY vs AOP ladder match

NXT 395 ciampa opening promo

August 2017 NXT takeover Brooklyn 3 gargano vs Almas

((Oct 2017 NXT 415 gargano vs Almas))

Jan 2018 gargano vs Almas NXT championship

NXT 436 gargano vs Almas title vs career match

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 7, 2018

Rarity