Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Retro Futurist posted:

Why is everyone in this game being the sucmmiest ever

Because it's night so we have no sunlight to guide us :v:

Welcome back, by the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Willie's good enough for me today, sure.

##vote willie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m of two minds on Willie. On the one hand he sounds genuinely naive about stuff scum wouldn’t be, but on the other hand

willie_dee posted:

Hang on a minute actually I would rather lynch a lurker

##unvote

Woof

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do not see any case on anon on reading her, and given that Gulag and taste are voting her I doubt anyone wrote one down, unless xad expanded on it more

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

Upon re-reading willie and the timing of his vote (nevermind that Anon didn't fix theirs until later), that sure does look bad. I thought the "scumslip?" post felt towny in my gut and was going off that for most of it.

This feels like you're over-complicating things. I already said; the role claimed sounded investigative at first blush, they have to provide results going into D2; liars would be lynched. Why shouldn't I prefer to lynch claimed vanillas over claimed power roles? One of those things seems far easier to catch out in a lie.

Ok, let's follow through this line of thought. Assuming AN is telling the truth about their role. They say a doc visited me in the night, they don't know who the doc was, just that there is a doc in the game now. How is this helpful? Do you think the doc should reveal themselves to corroborate this story? That'd be dumb as hell. Not only that, if this were the case, it would mean that I got docced last night and it might be possibly that the doc can protect the same target 2 nights in a row, leaving me open for the NK. It is giving away information that doesn't help town at all.

I don't think you are scummy for your unvote, I feel like you aren't thinking it through. I also have no problem with the willie switch, but I want to encourage logical reasoning for unvoteing based on a claim, not just an investigative role claimed, let's rote unvote. It's that sort of behavior that can be manipulated by scums.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Aww crap, this is one of those games where everyone is american and always posting when im asleep

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh god, I am falling into the mafia dad seat. I see my old mafia dad butt imprint in it. Someone save me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Maybe but I mean you're making good points

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I have not played with 50% of people here and I dont want to kill willie because I never play with them before

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I do not see any case on anon on reading her, and given that Gulag and taste are voting her I doubt anyone wrote one down, unless xad expanded on it more
I made what was effectively my case on her here:

Rhjamiz posted:

I would vote for DB today based on his posting. I want Anon more due to this weirdness:
I didn't like the strange sequence of events where Anon called Grandi scummy, but then hops on what is effectively their wagon with semi-joke post (which they confirm/fix later).

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So you don't want to kill 50% of people playing? You won't get very far in this game with that mindset

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So you don't want to kill 50% of people playing? You won't get very far in this game with that mindset

Well!! not in day 1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tired Moritz posted:

I have not played with 50% of people here and I dont want to kill willie because I never play with them before

Yes, you should be more like me and be suspicious (almost) 50% of the players instead.

Honestly though, while it's tempting to give newer players a pass so they can play more, I feel like it's more hurtful to the town to just exclude them from your vote pool.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you exclude people who are new, and people who are back after long absences, that leaves like Opop and thats it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay, lets kill opop then

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Who the gently caress is opop?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote

okay let me reread quickly.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Let's not exclude anyone for any reason unless they are mod confirmed town imo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I do miss opops av

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rhjamiz posted:

Retro, if I'm using votefinder properly (why did nobody show me how this thing works before this is neat)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

RF before his name change.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also I am rereading my first game because nostalgia.

Also also O's Grand Slam in the top of the 14th inning! Go O's!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s me opop.

Don’t kill me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grandicap posted:

Also I am rereading my first game because nostalgia.

Also also O's Grand Slam in the top of the 14th inning! Go O's!

My first two games were very short :negative: I think I died on n2 and was lynched on d2 in them and then I didn't play again for almost four years

The O's are cool (except for your season opener :argh:)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't like the willie vote imo. it seems like people are pushing the afking newbie. Yeah, the scumslip comment is super dumb but wasnt the dbz game (a game im not in, so please correct me) advertised as something wacky and thus maybe they thought it was different from every other game?

idk, maybe they are scum but I don't get why scum would make such a comment in the first place.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My first game was skyrim mafia and I replaced in as scum in what turned out to be a cult vs cult game. I think. It feels like a long time ago. 3 years according to vote finder holy cow

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay, are people just gonna not post about the game?!!!!

if we kill willie, retro gets the curse which is incredibly lol though

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I did make an actual case on willie which you seen to be ignoring in favor of ohnodontlynchnewb

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, are people just gonna not post about the game?!!!!

if we kill willie, retro gets the curse which is incredibly lol though

I think we're just hoping that someone makes a case that causes some more discussion

I did make an actual case on willie which you seen to be ignoring in favor of ohnodontlynchnewb

same here

ultimately, given the people that have probably left/gone to bed our only options at this point are willie, AN, or nolynch

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah I am not sure why people are shitposting about old games they were in to drive up their postcounts instead of figuring out who they want to lynch.
As far as I can see it's between AN and Willie.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay lets kill willie. they're in another game anyway so whatevs!!!

##vote willie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I don’t want to be cursed

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ah well, teach me to refresh before I post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

But I also don’t want to make a bunch of useless poo poo posts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m still suspicious of Phoenix but willie also looks terribly.

Definitely worse than anon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m going to bed now ##vote willie

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
would lynch retro tomorrow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

very nice by retro to casually get to one post higher than gulag in a completely not suspicious way

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going to hammer in like 5 minutes because I wanna go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

very nice by retro to casually get to one post higher than gulag in a completely not suspicious way

Self preservation is never scummy, all players should try to be the not cursed one.

• Locked thread