Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Marty is a cop caller and not mdk. Jack Swagger is the Chikara West champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Marty is only bad if you actually try to take his gimmick seriously, it's just pro wrestling, lighten up.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

e: whoops wrong thread

woop woop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh.

I was indisposed tonight, how was Omega/Cody. :v:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

So uh.

Didn't order the show but I think it's happening right now

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

VJeff posted:

So uh.

Hasn't happened yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gosh, I wonder why they waited so long!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think tonight shows why New Japan is probably the #2 company in the US even if ROH is drawing super well

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Think I'm gonna stick to watching these guys in New Japan from now on. Yikes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

VJeff posted:

Think I'm gonna stick to watching these guys in New Japan from now on. Yikes.

Ahhh what was so bad??

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Phenix Rising posted:

Ahhh what was so bad??

it had poor commentary, and it just didn't feel right. Just wasn't what it could have been.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phenix Rising posted:

Ahhh what was so bad??

I mean I guess it wasn't terrible but there was a very tangible feeling of everything being very off to me. Kenny looked like he was going about half-speed (not that I blame him), the camera work wasn't very good, there was a bunch of goofy poo poo like the dumb bear and Brandi getting knocked into a table and the finish was just really silly in a bad way.

I guess I'm just used to a certain standard with NJPW and that wasn't there with this show.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 8, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IWGP Tag Champion challenger Davey Boy Smith Jr apparently assaulted Jake the Snake Roberts and threw hot coffee in his face

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not water? Way to stay on brand, Davey. :rolleyes:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

harperdc posted:

I didn't realize Marty was down with the clown.

Wait what????

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Marty Scurll is a huge loving dweeb but that's at least a personality, so he's got something over Ospreay

Will is MDK, gang affiliated.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look guys, it's been an emotional weekend and this thread is very triggering right now. Please can we say make this a safe space and say no more bad words about my pure British boi Marty Scurll?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Look guys, it's been an emotional weekend and this thread is very triggering right now. Please can we say make this a safe space and say no more bad words about my pure British boi Marty Scurll?

This can be the thread to say nice things about Marty and the ROH thread can be the thread to say bad things. I think that's a fair compromise that reflects the fact NJPW Marty is very good and ROH Marty is very bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Baron Corbyn posted:

Marty is very bad.

frfrrffffffffffffrhjbvghjbglhbtefbhjwfbhjrbfhr what did I just say

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sorry, what ROH do to Marty is very bad.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Wait what????

why else would he be saying WOOP WOOP :v:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Look all I’m saying is: while I enjoyed what I’ve seen of him wrestle in matches, his bird flapping thing is embarrassingly awful and he has Brad’s Ponytail from Home Improvement hair and that’s also bad.

I am willing to look past his entrance gear looking like a character from a cancelled Alan Moore comic from Kitchen Sink Press.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fart blood posted:

Look all I’m saying is: while I enjoyed what I’ve seen of him wrestle in matches, his bird flapping thing is embarrassingly awful and he has Brad’s Ponytail from Home Improvement hair and that’s also bad.

I am willing to look past his entrance gear looking like a character from a cancelled Alan Moore comic from Kitchen Sink Press.

Guys I can't even do this right now I think I need a lie down

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

his entrance gear looking like a character from a cancelled Alan Moore comic from Kitchen Sink Press.

god:drat:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I know I’m old.

Also you can switch out “Alan Moore” with “Warren Ellis” and “Kitchen Sink Press” with “Avatar Press.”

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fart blood posted:

I know I’m old.

Also you can switch out “Alan Moore” with “Warren Ellis” and “Kitchen Sink Press” with “Avatar Press.”

His entrance gear is the same costume as the bad girl from Zero Time Dilemma.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

harperdc posted:

why else would he be saying WOOP WOOP :v:

Hahah Jesus Christ that went totally over my head! I was legit concerned that he came out in facepaint or something at Supercard of Honor. Is Supercard of Honor worth watching for the Kenny vs Cody match (if that's the only match I care about?)

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Marty is pretty cool but I feel like sometimes during his matches he spends way too much time playing to the crowd and it makes whatever spot comes next look kinda dumb.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Just want to chime in here and say that I loathe Marty Scurll.

I hope that he gets signed to WWE and put on Raw very soon so that I don't have to watch him anymore.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Price Check posted:

I hope that he gets signed to WWE and put on Raw very soon so that I don't have to watch him anymore.

WOOP WOOP!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't know so many of you had bad, wrong opinions about Marty Scurll. Woop Woop bitch.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Scurll is great on BTE, puts a lot of effort into his gear and has great matches, what's not to like?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

His matches!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Scurll is an enormous dork, but so is like half the roster of NJPW. He also wrestles really really good. WOOP WOOP FAM!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fart blood posted:

This is a hell of a deep cut

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fart blood posted:

I know I’m old.

Marty Scurll is Black Summer

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like Marty Scurll a lot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Price Check posted:

I know this post seemed like a good idea but it's not cool to hurt people's feelings

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Marty being such a divisive wrestler is interesting to me. RacistGuidingLight also hated him with this kind of fervor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I love anyone who uses the Crossface Chickenwing as a finish.