Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mark in the goal square, play on, misses the ball. Worst thing I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hah GWS. Suck a dick, dumb shits!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also St Kilda are bad at football and their fans should feel bad

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

snaeksikn posted:

Also St Kilda are bad at football and their fans should feel bad

Bad is an understatement on both counts

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jon Patton has a Jonathan Brown hairline

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Buddy is a walking cheat code

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just watched the last two minutes of the Lions/Power match and I just wanna say my boy Charlie did his job, his dumb teammates let him down.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BTW

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/982583724977012737

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Buddy is good, Taranto is not, also

quote:

GEELONG coach Chris Scott says Hawthorn counterpart Alastair Clarkson has been using "alternative facts" in his argument against shrugging head-high tackles.

As his team departed for Perth for a clash with West Coast, Scott called out Clarkson for his comments about Cats skipper Joel Selwood on Friday.

While Clarkson said rules needed to be changed to avoid Selwood winning free kicks for shrugging and sustaining "10 concussions in his career," Scott said the two issues weren't linked.

"I think one needs to be really careful not to conflate shrugging a tackle with concussion, especially if you're using alternative facts to support your argument," Scott said on Saturday.

lmao Chris Scott has gone full Trump over Selwood ducking :trumppop:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

The Saints crowd is just lmao after last week

Saints got something like 23k in round 1 against the Lions. Tonight was 19.3k with more Crows fans there then there was Lions fans. The next home game the Saints play is against GWS and they'll be lucky to get 16k to that.

In short, the Saints are a rubbish team playing rubbish football with rubbish coaches and loving stupid supporters.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I bet Alan Richardson is real loving surprised that Jack Sinclair played a good game on the wing this week after being poo poo when played up forward the first two weeks. It's not like every saints fan could have told him that exact thing would have happened.

Also Jack Steele got dropped this week because he was being played on the wing. He had 41 disposals in the VFL today playing as an inside mid. WHAT A SURPRISE.

loving stupid coaching decisions by a bunch of overpaid hacks.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

He's refused to acknowledge that people who say shrugging the shoulders and creating high contact out of an initially legal tackle is bad and should be stamped out aren't just having a go at Geelong in the past, so I don't know why he'd change his tune now.

Clarko making up numbers about Joel Selwood's concussions was a bad look though (fwiw, Clarkson did mention that at least a couple Hawthorn players shrugged but wasn't exactly signalling unilateral action on it).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saints look like they have a decent young ruckman at least, didn't see a hell of a lot else out there for them

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Saints look like they have a decent young ruckman at least, didn't see a hell of a lot else out there for them

Marshall did look very good for a 22y/o playing his 2nd game against a very good ruckman. I was shocked to see that he ran the 2nd most distance of any player tonight.

Jack Sinclair will be an amazing wingman unless Richo decides to turn him into a failed small forward again.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I will say that I think Ben Long looks promising when he gets his hands on it. And Coffield looks like a natural.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Billy Longer for McEvoy anyone??????

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ANNABETTS gave birth to twin girls the morning of the game too, so congratulations to them, and to our women's team 18 years from now :toot:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

God damnit Gold Coast, you had one job and have hosed my perfect tips.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

Billy Longer for McEvoy anyone??????

huh?

Edit so I don't double post:

Just in case anyone missed how poo poo the Saints entries inside 50 are:

https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow/status/982788157375565824

This is primarily why I haven't been freaking out over McCartin's performance so far this year. Not even Buddy could polish this turd.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 8, 2018

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ben McEvoy is really good

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
St Kilda's issues run a lot deeper than any ruckman

Like, y'know, basic skills

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow the new tigers song suuuuucks over the speakers at the g

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

huh?

Edit so I don't double post:

Just in case anyone missed how poo poo the Saints entries inside 50 are:

https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow/status/982788157375565824

This is primarily why I haven't been freaking out over McCartin's performance so far this year. Not even Buddy could polish this turd.

I dont disagree we suck at forward entries but those examples arent very good. Half are under really high pressure. Asking Dunstan to fire a handball at full pace through two crows players to hit up Ross running away from him is utter nonsense.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

St Kilda's issues run a lot deeper than any ruckman

Like, y'know, basic skills

Plus they didn't trade McEvoy (or any of the picks they got for him) for Longer. McEvoy is definitely better than any ruck the Saints have, but he's not gonna fix their short term issues and might not be playing as good as they need him be by the time they stop sucking. The Saints wouldn't have Dunstan, Savage or Acres if they hadn't traded McEvoy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Yeah sounds like we might be getting our reality check today.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What the fuuuuuck was that review

alr
May 14, 2009
Lol did someone in the goal review check press the wrong button?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

The Saints wouldn't have Dunstan, Savage or Acres if they hadn't traded McEvoy.

Yeah gently caress that.

I like how the whole score review process was just undermined because the umpires on the field, after calling for a score review, disagreed with the review and made them do it again. The review was absolutely wrong, too, I have no idea how they arrived at that being a goal.

The review system should be unseen process that only steps in when someone is paid a goal and footage from the replay proves it wasn't a goal before the ball is bounced. Like the Hawkins goal.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

alr posted:

Lol did someone in the goal review check press the wrong button?

Yeah that was a comedy of errors

Hawks getting smashed, we should be down by ten goals not three.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

Maybe Clarko shouldn’t make poo poo up about opposition players :shrug:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bring back Rod Butterss

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also don't the Saints have like 4 AFL fit ruckmen on their list? How can they all be bad?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Also don't the Saints have like 4 AFL fit ruckmen on their list? How can they all be bad?

In short, not really/anymore.

Jason Holmes was delisted cause he was only good at centre bounces and poo poo everywhere else.

Lewis Pierce can barely play decently at VFL level and has been demoted to the rookie list.

The loss of the 3rd man up rule killed Tom HIckey's career cause his tap work is poo poo.

Billy Longer played some real good footy towards the end of last year but he's had some injuries and is so unfit he struggles to do anything but make it to ruck contests (which he then underperforms at cause he's gassed).

Rowan Marshal seems like our best bet (at least until Billy gets his fitness back) but he's a 22 year old who has played 2 games of AFL and was previously predominately a defender/forward in the VFL. Unlike the others he can mark and run around the ground better than anyone else and is a decent threat up forward.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
At least we didn’t get smashed. Have a holiday rance.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
What a weird game. Never really in it but only lost by a couple of goals.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Someone should make a documentary about Tom Mitchell that showcases the struggle of being an actual ball magnet in day-to-day life. The poor dude probably can't even go near to a sports store for fear of being killed under an avalanche of balls.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jeez, Tim English can play. For a skinny kid in his fifth game, he's looking really strong in the ruck against Bellchambers.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/982871535005265920

dissolve the club, imo.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

dissolve the club, imo.

Unacceptable