Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

Pre-deadline though, and pretty much entirely on the back of Clippard.

Not really. It was throughout the season. They should've won the division last year. Even after the Khanle and Robertson trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Five star bat flip right here

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/981319862168498182

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The catcher's response is :lol:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/981547982486212608?s=20

If this is true, then why the hell did they use Holder instead of Warren?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't really have a problem with bringing Holder in yesterday, but he was kept in way too long.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

I don't really have a problem with bringing Holder in yesterday, but he was kept in way too long.

They shouldn't even have an 8th RP. You can't be using that guy in a close game...

Edit: Stanton in LF is not going to work out...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 4, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Yankees should give Didi a long term contract.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees should give Didi a long term contract.

Fuckin' amen.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

✅ Stanton dong
✅ Sanchez dong
✅ Judge dong

Stanton's HR was ridiculous.

I hope they all feast on Orioles pitching starting tomorrow.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/clintfrazier/status/981936300369633280?s=21

Sounds like our man is on his way back soon. Hopefully he gets a solid two weeks in AAA before coming up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Manny Machado is a really good player. There is ZERO chance he's worth 40 friggin million a year. Get out of here with that. Let him go to Boston.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Nodoze posted:

JUDGE DINGER

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

More dogshit bullpen.

That Andujar AB right there is why you don't carry friggin 13 pitchers.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 6, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Soooo.....

They can't hit the worst pitching staff in baseball.

CC is hurt.

Wade and Drury are hurt.

No one in the bullpen can get anyone out.

Nice.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It’s only seven games into the season, Mr. First time long time

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nothing is more arbitrary than the blocking the plate rule.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I love CC but signing him was a huge loving mistake for a team that refused to spend money during the offseason. Injury prone and can't pitch more than 4 or 5 innings a game. It's also looking like refusing to give up Andujar as part of a package for Cole is gonna bite Cashman in the rear end.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 7, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

I love CC but signing him was a huge loving mistake for a team that refused to spend money during the offseason. Injury prone and can't pitch more than 4 or 5 innings a game. It's also looking like refusing to give up Andujar as part of a package for Cole is gonna bite Cashman in the rear end.

There is a limit to how much of a mistake a 1 year contract can be...

It would also be nice if Gary Sanchez wasn't hitting 50.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 7, 2018

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

mcmagic posted:

It would also be nice if Gary Sanchez wasn't hitting 50.

Well looks like you won't have to worry about that for awhile.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
This is the shittiest game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

At some point you have to score some runs against terrible pitching before your terrible pitching has to come into the game.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Monday_ posted:

This is the shittiest game.

I want a refund on my free baseball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yankees 3 for 20 in this series with RISP vs the worst pitching staff in baseball.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I was at the game tonight and hesitantly decided to leave early in the 6th and it was a great decision.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

At least none of the injuries seem awful (other than maybe CC). Drury had migraines and blurred vision, Wade has the flu, Sanchez had cramping in his leg .

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/YankeesWFAN/status/982642354795540480

everyone died last night and it's not too great! already had to call up two AAA arms to cover for the depleted pen and CC's injury

thank goodness for decent depth; I'm most concerned about Drury's migraines out of all the injuries tho

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Drury has apparently been having these issues for years, which is very ungood.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

What is the over/under on innings pitched by Sonny Gray today.. 4.33?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I dunno where everyone's gotten the idea that Gray can't go deep into games; he's gone six or more innings in 90 of his 124 career starts, are those last six starts he made really more indicative of who he is now than before? let's be serious people!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I dunno where everyone's gotten the idea that Gray can't go deep into games; he's gone six or more innings in 90 of his 124 career starts, are those last six starts he made really more indicative of who he is now than before? let's be serious people!

He was FINE today. Not great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
He was good today and if he pitched the 7th everybody would be singing his praises.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I was at that drubbing live today it was fantastic Bacon on a stick...not bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Did Didi really need today off?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Today’s lineup looks horrific after all the injuries + resting Didi.

Gardner CF
Judge DH
Stanton RF
Walker 2B
Austin 1B
Andújar 3B
Peterson LF
Romine C
Torreyes SS
Montgomery SP

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
horrible lineup. 3-0 in the first and still counting.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Toe nearly goes deep for maximum chaos

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

ihatepants posted:

Today’s lineup looks horrific after all the injuries + resting Didi.

Gardner CF
Judge DH
Stanton RF
Walker 2B
Austin 1B
Andújar 3B
Peterson LF
Romine C
Torreyes SS
Montgomery SP

Hard to believe they went from a stacked lineup with Walker and Drury in the 7/8 spots to this in 10 days. This looks like one of those split squad lineups from spring training.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Lol, they’re gonna get shut out the rest of the game after putting up 5 runs on possibly the worst starting pitcher in baseball.

Edit: Thanks and please keep proving me wrong, Yankees.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 8, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I loving hate hate hate booing your own players but Stanton earned it today.

(The Dodgers are 2-6 as of this post and how many of us think they're going to finish 4th in the NL West? Just trying to keep perspective on a 5-5 start.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, this was a brutal series. doesn't get any easier with a trip to Boston this week; I think they'll be fine though, just need health and heat to get going

• Locked thread