Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

whatis posted:

looking forward to buffalo not picking 1st again because the league is dumb as poo poo

but i thought jack eichel said he was going to be better than connor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Yaya posted:

Calgary's 1st rounder was traded in the Hamonic deal and isn't lottery protected lmao

With the two picks, the Isles technically have better odds to pick FOA than Edmonton and equal odds to the Rags, both of which they rank above lol

I wouldn't even be mad if the Isles win 1st and 2nd overall tbh

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

With the two picks, the Isles technically have better odds to pick FOA than Edmonton and equal odds to the Rags, both of which they rank above lol

I wouldn't even be mad if the Isles win 1st and 2nd overall tbh

This would be funny, especially if Tavares leaves and Snow is still GM

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'd be mad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is Ottawa's 1st rounder that's going to Colorado able to be protected before or after the lottery?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

Is Ottawa's 1st rounder that's going to Colorado able to be protected before or after the lottery?

From Capfriendly

quote:

Condition: If Ottawa's 2018 1st round pick ends up being a top 10 pick, the Senators have the option to keep the 2018 1st round pick and send Colorado their 2019 1st round pick instead.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
AFAIK Ottawa has up until they go on stage to announce their pick to decide if they want to keep this year's or next

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
They have up until they are on the clock on draft day to decide if they use it or give it to Colorado was how I understood it. But a 30th place team minus Karlsson means Jack Hughes in an Avalanche jersey

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Ginette Reno posted:

Rangers have never had a first overall, right? I don't think Calgary, Dallas, Arizona, or Vancouver have either.

I think everyone else in the lottery has done it before.

the north stars picked modano first overall. does that count?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Speaking of losers:

https://twitter.com/MSavvy91/status/983047960027189248

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

what newspaper hires that man? Can we get him thrown out?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CommaToes posted:

what newspaper hires that man? Can we get him thrown out?

The Toronto Sun is a garbage tabloid rag so no, they won't be bothered by this. However, with any luck and no government intervention, their parent company will be bankrupt within 10 years.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

Thank loving god it's over

Don't think for a second that this turd stained tilt-a-whirl is slowing any time soon.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Think of it as small lapse between torture sessions because even your torturer needs a washroom break.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
The Fancy Cats won their last five games, finished with 96 points, and still missed the playoffs. The East was a meat grinder this season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/KdotAnderson/status/983075628151750656

Oh man.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The 17-18 Rangers gave up 40 shots on goal twenty-four times this year, a feat also accomplished by the 05-06 Capitals. The only teams to face 40+ in more games were the 92-93 Sharks, who did so 27 times, and the 93-94 Kings, who did so 28 times. That Sharks team lost 71 games in the era of ties, but featured some good hockey names like Dave Snuggerud, Hubie McDonough, and Claudio Scremin. The Kings team only won 27 games under head coach Barry Melrose, despite Wayne Gretzky leading the league in scoring with 130 points, and another three Hall of Famers right behind him on their scoring list.

This year's Islanders tied that Kings team for most games facing 50 shots, at six.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThinkTank posted:

Don't think for a second that this turd stained tilt-a-whirl is slowing any time soon.

No, but at least there's a reprieve.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

No, but at least there's a reprieve.

The Erik Gudbranson trade happened during the playoffs a couple years back.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lollin at the Holland extension. Holy poo poo. :psyduck:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

82 games and Galchenyuk never played at centre. Not even once.

Fire Bergevin.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I didn't know Bergevin decided who plays what positions on the line now.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

JawKnee posted:

but i thought jack eichel said he was going to be better than connor

he's still really really good

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

I didn't know Bergevin decided who plays what positions on the line now.

Call me crazy but I feel like he absolutely does have a say or at least insists on some things.

see: shoehorning Drouin at centre

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/983243635931144192

The dude seems to be legit so, uh, this is both starting earlier than and going in a different direction than what I expected.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

The dude seems to be legit so, uh, this is both starting earlier than and going in a different direction than what I expected.

As long as there's no NTC I'm fine with it. But also :eyepop:

E: this should help get Shestyorkin and Rykov over too as well as someone to make my sad son Buchnevich happy.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wait, aren't they rebuilding? What was the point of that letter?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

Wait, aren't they rebuilding? What was the point of that letter?

Ton of cap space with some Russians they're trying to lure over and Kovy could be a tradeable asset. It's not that bad of a move tbh.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Ton of cap space with some Russians they're trying to lure over and Kovy could be a tradeable asset. It's not that bad of a move tbh.

I doubt Kovie is going to be okay with missing the playoffs each year. He probably had some assurances that the team will try and be competitive next season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

ThinkTank posted:

I doubt Kovie is going to be okay with missing the playoffs each year. He probably had some assurances that the team will try and be competitive next season.

He's used to it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I don’t think Kovy signs with the Rangers without the knowledge the team could be Bad.

Or the Rangers will sign him and JT and go all in

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

I don’t think Kovy signs with the Rangers without the knowledge the team could be Bad.

Or the Rangers will sign him and JT and go all in

i mean, it's still the rangers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

a false posted:

i mean, it's still the rangers

Erik Karlsson come on down

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-island/suffolk/ronkonkoma-stadium-development-suffolk-1.17925881

What the gently caress would anyone want to do with an arena in loving Suffolk County? Yeah, I GUESS it's close to the Ronkonkoma station and the LI Expressway, but how many people are going to go there? What, do you think the Sound Tigers would fill up 17,500 seats?

EDIT: Yeah, I know it's just a proposal, but.... what.... How many people do you think are in Suffolk? Also a renovated Coliseum, a new place in Belmont, Barclays, and the Garden. How many arenas do you need

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 9, 2018

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Rotten Cookies posted:

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-island/suffolk/ronkonkoma-stadium-development-suffolk-1.17925881

What the gently caress would anyone want to do with an arena in loving Suffolk County? Yeah, I GUESS it's close to the Ronkonkoma station and the LI Expressway, but how many people are going to go there? What, do you think the Sound Tigers would fill up 17,500 seats?

EDIT: Yeah, I know it's just a proposal, but.... what.... How many people do you think are in Suffolk? Also a renovated Coliseum, a new place in Belmont, Barclays, and the Garden. How many arenas do you need

gently caress it i'm down. relocate the coyotes to suffolk

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Hand Knit posted:

Was not expecting this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old dude wants back into the NHL? You had to expect it a little bit.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

Yep I don't hate it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I think it would be great if the Rangers signed a bunch of guys to 1-2 year contacts and traded them at the deadline.

The ideal would be re-signing Nash and Grabner to one year deals and trading them again at the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Zodijackylite posted:

I think it would be great if the Rangers signed a bunch of guys to 1-2 year contacts and traded them at the deadline.

The ideal would be re-signing Nash and Grabner to one year deals and trading them again at the deadline.

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Locked thread