Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
These drops for shards feel abysmal even compared to Galaxy of Heroes but they gave me my boys Punisher and Wolferine fairly early so I'm in for the long haul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

HebrewMagic posted:

These drops for shards feel abysmal even compared to Galaxy of Heroes but they gave me my boys Punisher and Wolferine fairly early so I'm in for the long haul

If you think of them as hard nodes (which they are) the drop rate is fairly decent. The fact that you get 2 instead of 1 when it procs is nice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

This is free2play 101 on launch. The rates on everything are always hosed.

This game will own super hard after about 3-6 months. Even now, I’m loving it. But yeah, be prepared for changes in coming patches.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it feels like the drop rate is way worse vs GOH.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This is free2play 101 on launch. The rates on everything are always hosed.

This game will own super hard after about 3-6 months. Even now, I’m loving it. But yeah, be prepared for changes in coming patches.

I mean I just unlocked Quake and got JJones to 2* already and I can't do most content anymore due to being stuck at 99% so I can't complain

Of course getting them higher is going to loving suck, how many shards is Max Starz

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Zotix posted:

For those of you who have been playing since soft launch can you give us new players a run down of who we should be aiming for in each shop/ campaign?

This is only opinion and what seems to be general pubby consensus

Blitz feels like Gamora is the one to shoot for first, she has 2 moves that proc a free turn on kill, I'm gearing her now and I feel she may replace Daredevil on the A team.

Arena is Quake, she's apparently v. good due to massive AOE damage and buffs or something I'm like 6 shards away.

Alliance store is Thor though raid tickets are harder to come by until higher levels.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

For those of you who have been playing since soft launch can you give us new players a run down of who we should be aiming for in each shop/ campaign?

Captain America: best tank right now who gives Defense+ and Energy+
Drax: 2nd best tank with counterattacks, heals, and you'll need him later for the Cosmic campaign
Crossbones: if he survives to his 3rd turn he'll most likely kill everyone with his explosion

Gamora: can get multiple turns in a row if you plan her attacks out well
Winter Soldier: the better assassin over Elektra since he can do his ultimate 1st turn
Yondu: very good AOE and summons minions

Quake: absolutely amazing Slow debuff and AOE damage with Offense-
Kingpin: decent for Villain teams early on, I find him not that great for offense though, just good for his buffs and Taunting minions
Punisher: just there for his 1st turn AOE damage, stack a team with fast AOEs and you can finish off most enemies fast if you also run Gamora

A lot of Arena/Blitz teams right now run 2-3 tanks hoping to keep Crossbones alive long enough to blow up. As long as you can kill/delay him you should be fine, which is why Quake's Slow is amazing. She'll make sure your Crossbones goes before the enemy's.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I guess I have to work on Capt. w/o the bundle bonus. I wasn't offered the Captain America bundle like I've seen on the forums. I also wasn't offered a similar bundle in place of it either. I did see the Kingpin offer, but I've seen people get the Kingpin offer, and the Captain offer at the same time.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Um, excuse me...

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

Um, excuse me...

It doesn’t actually do anything. Apparently DD has 200% accuracy, and blind is a 100% reduction.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get Yondu ASAP. He's a beast. All 4 of his abilities are cool af.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

If anyone else is having the 99% loading issue, uninstall and reinstall. It's completely fixed them all.

Re: characters, Crossbone's bomb carries so hard and it's great

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Adult Sword Owner posted:

If anyone else is having the 99% loading issue, uninstall and reinstall. It's completely fixed them all.

Re: characters, Crossbone's bomb carries so hard and it's great

It really does! It could be RNG, but my villains team is so much more interesting than my hero one. Between Crossbones blowing up and Yandu doing his thing there is a lot to like!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got my Wolverine and good lord he scales up so quickly. Now that he and Iron Fist are fighting fit I'm absolutely wrecking.

Right now, my go-to mixed team is Captain America, Yondu, Wolverine, Iron Fist, and Daredevil. I do really like Spiderman but right now Daredevil is edging him out. Poor Luke Cage and Crossbones are getting left behind..

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.
Applied to great lakes as kemito!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like Spider-Man, but he dies so quickly that I'm going to replace him on my hero team as soon as I get someone else who deals suitable damage. He's already out in every mode that allows villains.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New goons, start filling up Great Lakes Goon Squad. That should probably be our last guild for awhile. Get in, apply and let’s max the guild out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My problem with Crossbones is he keeps killing himself with his bomb (well, having so low health after using it he dies) which otherwise would have gotten be 3* on missions. But I finally unlocked the Bucky node so I can farm him.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

My problem with Crossbones is he keeps killing himself with his bomb (well, having so low health after using it he dies) which otherwise would have gotten be 3* on missions. But I finally unlocked the Bucky node so I can farm him.

Well the idea is most enemies would be dead or at least near dead once the bomb goes off, and Deathproof should help him stay alive at low health.

Daredevil is a good brawler but he should probably be replaced by Gamora when you unlock her. There's no way to star up DD right now and Gamora hits harder once she gets going.

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007
Applied to great lakes as Slyder, put me in coach!

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

DirkDonkeyroot posted:

Applied to great lakes as Slyder, put me in coach!

You got it, champ!

Almost everyone who has applied to the Grest Lakes Goon Squad has been accepted! There was one goon who mentioned they applied but I never received an in-game confirmation of that, so if you are waiting for an acceptance please hit me up again! Also, GLGS finally has enough people in it to start raiding - exciting!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

If the surviving enemies arent at like 5% you goofed

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Every campaign node with a winter soldier on it is bullahit and can burn in a fire.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Applied to Great Lakes as Mancall.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Also all of you that think the Character Shard drops are bad here, In DC legends you’re lucky if you get shards in the three runs of a single stage you are given.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
How does Nebula go? Seems okish so far but my roster is pretty bad atm.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

wisdomHNOX posted:

It doesn’t actually do anything. Apparently DD has 200% accuracy, and blind is a 100% reduction.

Okay, that's pretty good.

Eddain posted:

Daredevil is a good brawler but he should probably be replaced by Gamora when you unlock her. There's no way to star up DD right now and Gamora hits harder once she gets going.

:confused:

Blitz tickets are somewhat more numerous thanks to milestone payouts instead of just the daily objective and daily payout, but he's right there if you want him.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Little bit of room in the Catman alliance right now.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

comatose posted:

How does Nebula go? Seems okish so far but my roster is pretty bad atm.

She's got an interesting kit but I feel like she's not doing enough damage to make her worth putting more resources into.

Which reminds me... how's this game with balance updates? Is this going to end up like that DC game where characters would drop or raise several tiers of power every week or so?

Onato
Dec 29, 2014
Applied to Great Lakes as Onato.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
You guys should make getting thor a priority. He hits hard and his 3rd is a nuke that can stun the entire team. He is my favorite right now

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Merrill Grinch posted:

Little bit of room in the Catman alliance right now.

Requested as Thase.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

New Wave Jose posted:

You guys should make getting thor a priority. He hits hard and his 3rd is a nuke that can stun the entire team. He is my favorite right now

100 tokens to unlock... and as far as i can tell only available through raid orbs?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Slash posted:

100 tokens to unlock... and as far as i can tell only available through raid orbs?

It's not as bad as it sounds. You get a steady stream of raid currency and he has a regular 5 shard buy in the raid shop.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
joined the discord. I play with the goons on the swgoh discord.

I just wanted to say I rerolled my account to get off the loving garbage launch day pvp shard and I'm very happy I did that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AzraelNewtype posted:

Okay, that's pretty good.

:confused:

Blitz tickets are somewhat more numerous thanks to milestone payouts instead of just the daily objective and daily payout, but he's right there if you want him.

Yeah, but... QUAKE BRUH

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Applied to Great Lakes as givepatajob.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Onato posted:

Applied to Great Lakes as Onato.

givepatajob posted:

Applied to Great Lakes as givepatajob.

I don’t know if the game is being ridiculous or if you guys found another goon alliance, but when I see your request to join Great Lakes I’m told that it is “no longer valid” - if you want to resubmit say something here and I’ll check in as soon as I can!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Eddain posted:

Captain America: best tank right now who gives Defense+ and Energy+
Drax: 2nd best tank with counterattacks, heals, and you'll need him later for the Cosmic campaign
Crossbones: if he survives to his 3rd turn he'll most likely kill everyone with his explosion

Gamora: can get multiple turns in a row if you plan her attacks out well
Winter Soldier: the better assassin over Elektra since he can do his ultimate 1st turn
Yondu: very good AOE and summons minions

Quake: absolutely amazing Slow debuff and AOE damage with Offense-
Kingpin: decent for Villain teams early on, I find him not that great for offense though, just good for his buffs and Taunting minions
Punisher: just there for his 1st turn AOE damage, stack a team with fast AOEs and you can finish off most enemies fast if you also run Gamora

A lot of Arena/Blitz teams right now run 2-3 tanks hoping to keep Crossbones alive long enough to blow up. As long as you can kill/delay him you should be fine, which is why Quake's Slow is amazing. She'll make sure your Crossbones goes before the enemy's.

Yeah, my big problem with Crossbones is that I don't feel comfortable actually using him as a tank. I almost never use his taunt because I want to make sure he's around for his nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Wanna join a guild but haven't hit level 20. I've run into a bit of a wall at 3/9. Any advice on rushing to 20 so I can join a guild? I don't have any new heroes outside of the ones the game gives you so it's Luke Cage, DD, Punisher, Spidey, and the stupid medic for now.

• Locked thread