Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I'm retreating to you guys because I need somebody to kick sand in my face to put out the fire while I lay a quadruple damage ambush with my action. Hopefully the boss will end up in that hex no matter what because it either chases me or chases all the ranged fire and stumbles right into a 16x+ damage ambush while you guys walk off somewhere safe next movement.

As long as we can do at least 20 damage to the main health bar with ranged fire between now and the end of next turn, a nailed slime ambush will definitely kill it next turn even if I just barely scrape by with a 4 (assuming the nail doesn't fail, ofc) and we can all go home ASAP.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0008 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]
RIG HP- 1/4

"Oh hey there! Together again! I was worried you were gonna get all burned up. Oh? And we haven't me, Scramble? Why are you on fire? Have you tried... not being on fire? It just seems inadvisable, like, why would you do that?"

Body Shots w/ coffin nail: 1d10 7

"pew pew!"

Activating NeoSoldat for 1hp in case my nail explodes. edit: no I'm not. It might not break. If it does, the rig should take the hit for me, so just need to eject safely. If the rig does get destroyed, I'm then on 1hp on a hex that could become toxic and / or inferno any second now. So staying at 2hp has the greater chance of survival.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 5, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
x2
[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 64 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

"Well to be perfectly honest", Bobby-Jack murmured, "I was not counting on the aeropaths giving up quite this soon."

"Guess that just means we'll have to try and kill Cappy that much harder."

He took his rifle, took aim at the towering Zodiac, aimed for an opening in its armor plate aaand... ineffectually hit the armor plate instead. Bobby-Jack cursed under his breath as he loaded in another round. He didn't have time for this.

EVERYONE can peek I suppose..?
Shooting Cap with my EZ-Snipe: 1d12= 1

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Grumps sat on a low peak and watched the magnificent vista before him - a planet on fire. The mixture of fire and ice was quiet beautiful really, even if that wasn't exactly what the camera's were focusing on. He could just about make out the form of Capricorn in the distance - and the flashes of gunfire as the other wrecks attacked it. They'd kill it in time, Grumps was sure. For now, he was just going to sit and watch.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Midge's Beta Crawler lays down Suppression at Range! Beta Gunman's (00.04) attacks are downscaled!

Beta Gunman attacks Gamma Enforcer from Range! Gamma Enforcer takes 5 damage and is destroyed!

2. "Grumps" McGee
No encouner.

3. Cryo
Hive Horror 1 attacks Cryo from Range! Ablative Limb! Cryo loses 1 Max HP to cancel the attack!

Hive Horror 2 attacks Cryo from Range! Ablative Limb! Cryo loses 1 Max HP to cancel the attack!

CAPRICORN STOMP! Cryo takes 4 damage!
Caustic Hemorrhexis!
CAPRICORN is unaffected!
Hive Swarminoid takes no damage!

Hive Swarminoid kindles the swarm!
CAPRICORN takes no damage! CAPRICORN is infested! (1/69)
Cryo takes 1 damage (reduced from 3) and is infested! (1/2)
Caustic Hemorrhexis!
CAPRICORN is unaffected!
Hive Swarminoid takes no damage!

Cryo Retreats to 04.02!

Sponsorship posted:

Hideous Dynamics spends
Hideous Dynamics spends
Hideous Dynamics spends
Hideous Dynamics spends
Hideous Dynamics spends
Hideous Dynamics spends

[client 00.33.22.22.0124.11] – Parse} ERror!
#Bad Markup in Table 03a.1105
#Bad Markup in Table 01ddd.1491
#Undefined Constant in cell SPONSORSHIP!
Fatal Error in Transaction String – Please report this error to Administrative Node 03w. Your grievance token is AbbaTealSolid.
on behalf of Cryo for Reality Shift™ of a HD LE Meta-Mail! It will arri██▓▒░■ ■ ■
TRANSACTION TERMINATED. The Outer Domains know your lies; count your instants and hold them dear.
Please wait, an associate is on the way to assist your purchase. Enjoy a complementary* refresco while you wait, courtesy of CubeTab+!
Cryo receives HD Limited Edition Meta-Nail!

4. Stev Ansahok / 6. Scramble / 7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Cryo retreats into the hex!

Stev grabs Cover!

Scramble loses 1 HP to mimic Headhunter!
Scramble attacks CAPRICORN Left Hoof from Range! Left Hoof takes 12 DAMAGE and is destroyed!

Bobby-Jack attacks CAPRICORN from Range! Bobby-Jack misses!

Lucinda attacks CAPRICORN from Range! CAPRICORN takes 28 DAMAGE!

Sponsorship posted:

Hideous Dynamics spends 40 Luxe on behalf of Stev Ansahok for Drone Delivery of 2 HD LE Meta-Nails! They will arrive on Sponsor Phase.
Warning! Overloading drones may result in drone failure!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 5, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:8/8]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

He'd been afraid that would happen. Missing that one viral poke had lost him his entire subverted forces save the one he was in. Ah well, win some, lose some, make a mad dash to try and get off the planet.

Salvage!

Wishlist: I'm good.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0003≥2 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]
RIG HP- 1/4

"Oh yuck, what's that, it's like burning, and smelly, and all bleeding... Oh GAWD it's a wrecker. Ugh, just take my spare luxe and leave me alone. Oh you're Cryo? That's... Nice? You're still smouldering, agh!

1 luxe tossed to cryo. Rig flails at Cryo's burning parts.

"Oh yeah, guys? If Capricorn is coming here, and we are skedaddling, there's a mutant killer with some soldiers at 04.03 that will ambush you, and a nice man called S@wbones in 03.02, of he survives the fires. I've not got any scan info from round here, so if anyone else knows anything that would be really good to know too? Like, if we don't want to bump into more ambushes?"

Visible to all in hex
Cryo is on fire. Lucinda will put out Cryo.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 5, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 2/8 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 001 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: EMPTY / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR + THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR + BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE + CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE + ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB + CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES + SENSORY CORE, FERROVORE, SLINKING SLIME, CAUSTIC HEMORRHEXIS]

Oh god everything hurt and something had just eaten both her arms (it's ok they grew back) and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cryo stumbled into the midst of the other Wreckers. "Hi everybody I am extremely sorry about this but there's a 200 kiloton warhead in my chest that's going to go off in about 30 seconds unless you kick sand in my face and feed me scrap metal ok I'm going to turn into a puddle of slime and hide in this hole just dump fire retardants and a chunk of luxe in after me thanks bye"

Ambush

(So yeah, I am truly sorry about the whole "extorting help via the threat of imminent nuclear death" thing but it would be greatly appreciated if somebody would chuck me a unit of luxe to munch on and put out my fires so I don't explode come Hazard phase. Sorry.)

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 5, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 54 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

"Wait... Cryo..? By sweet Muscle Jesus' whey baptism, what did they do to you?" Bobby-Jack squinted at the strange, horrifying, half-gelatin half-scab half-claw creature with a clearly unstable nuclear reactor sunk into it as it wailed and slunk about whilst wreathed in flame. Was she even a person anymore? Did that matter? Certainly looked dangerous enough to take out Capricorn with the damage done.

Bobby-Jack pondered a moment on the horrible hubris and excesses of mankind before shrugging.

"Well, I guess none of that is my business really. Tell you what, I'll toss some Luxe your way, and even this scope with some fresh baked in combat data on it too, if you'll get yourself a nice Coffin Nail and blow up that thing when it inevitably comes for us. Meanwhile, I'll be... a safe distance away."

Pleased enough that most of the issues were being taken care of, Bobby-Jack activated one of his autodocs. Nothing fancy this time, just bog-standard cybernetic mesh reinforcement of his body, and maintenance on the various cracks and faults his bone lacing had acquired during the many years he had had it. He was a bit disappointed, but could've been worse.

It might've done something like installed a bomb behind his sternum, for example.

Evolver Autodoc: 2#1d20= 3, 19
Picking 3: Heavy Arms/Gyroscopic Stabilizers which I already have, thus I gain +1 Max HP instead
Using 10 Luxe to reload Medikit as a free action
Tossing Cryo 20 Luxe cash as reimbursement for a Coffin Nail, UNLESS Hex takes those 20 from my account directly
Also tossing Cryo my +1 X-Optiscope if she wants it

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tablet posting to fulfill the coffin nail request

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
(empty)
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / BATRACHIAN LEGS+DRIFT BLADDERS / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / 7 luxe ]

"Oh sure, just because she has a bomb in her guts, y'all extinguish her fire. Don't mind me, just doing it the old fashion way, by myself." Scramble is rolling in Rime's slush. Her complaints are clearly pro forma. There's a rising energy in the air. One way or another the wreckers' time on Rime is drawing to a spectacular conclusion. Scramble eyes all the weird experimental ordinance being handed around. Spectacular indeed.

Action: I'm gonna try not being on fire. I'm pretty good at it. Been not on fire most of my life.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 6, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge" Gureyevitch
Midge Salvages Gamma Enforcer for 11 Luxe.

2. "Grumps" McGee
Grumps Salvages for 1 Luxe.

3. Cryo / 4. Stev Ansahok / 6. Scramble / 7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Cryo prepares an Ambush!

Sponsorship posted:

Pertinax spends 40 Luxe (25 PAF, 15 BJJ) on behalf of Cryo for Drone Delivery of a Coffin Nail! It will arrive on Sponsor Phase.

Stev activates Experimental Autodoc! Stev is Upgraded!

Upgrade! posted:

Excellent Integration! Max HP and Move increased by 1!
Rigspike Upgraded with +Upgrade Protocol: Rigs subverted by Rigspike have their attacks upscaled and deal 1 additional damage.

Scramble extinguishes herself! Scramble is no longer burning!

Bobby-Jack activates Unlicensed Autodoc. Bobby-Jack is upgraded!

Upgrade! posted:

Redundant upgrade! Max HP increased by 1!

Lucinda extinguishes Cryo! Cryo is no longer burning!

CAPRICORN vents toxic gas! Hex is now a Toxic Zone!

Ferrovore! Cryo consumes 2 Luxe!

Inferno spreads!
Inferno! CAPRICORN suffers 2 damage! CAPRICORN is aflame! It will suffer 1 damage per Hazard Phase until it is healed or spends an Action to remove the effect!

ERUPTION! Volcano at 06.05 is Erupting! Local conditions will continue to deteriorate!

Flaming Iceroids rain down!

Drone Delivery posted:

Stev receives 2 HD LE Meta-Nails!
Scramble receives Experimental Coffin Nail, Experimental HazMat Gear, and Experimental Medikit!
Cryo receives Coffin Nail!

Sponsors posted:

Sponsor Stipends:
Pertinax AmmoFab +5
Hideous Dynamics +5
Kalpernicus Risso +5

Current Sponsor Standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 5
RookEngOrg 10
Hideous Dynamics 15
Virtual Domain Partners 25
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 30
IPC 5
Kalpernicus Risso 5

Accounts posted:

Current Account Standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 45
2. "Grumps" McGee 13
3. Cryo 37
4. Stev Ansahok 24
6. Scramble 147
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 73
8. Lucinda 100

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).

Hideous Dynamics
1. Transmat as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible. Current: 3

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger. (+5)
2. Cleanse Rime of Hive Clusters: (+5ea)

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Transmat Research Database from Upsilon.
2. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.
3. Destroy the Hive Creeper. (+all)
4. Kill a hive cerebrate.
5. Transmat the remains of a hive cerebrate.

RookEngOrg
1. Kill an Ally
2. Consume the contents of the Hive Creeper
3. Launch Hive Creeper from a Cryovolcano

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
1. Ride a Cryovolcanic Eruption

Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
1. Donate a weapon to the camp in 13.06

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 6, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0002 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]
RIG HP- 1/4

"Well, see you Cryo. Thanks for not exploding. Get you all over here, yeah?"

Visible to all in hex
shift to 3.02, go meet S@wbonez!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 2/8 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 000 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: EMPTY / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR + THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR + BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE + CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE + ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB + CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES + SENSORY CORE, FERROVORE, SLINKING SLIME, CAUSTIC HEMORRHEXIS]

Cryo burbled appreciatively and gave a friendly jiggle at the crew from the crevasse she had slimed herself into. She could feel her gelatinous bits starting to resolidify already, but they should stay pliable enough for another couple minutes. She gave a burble she hoped was inquisitive-sounding and did her best to indicate the schematics Scramble was holding before she left.

(No movement)

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

(empty)
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / BATRACHIAN LEGS+DRIFT BLADDERS / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / 7 luxe ]

"The schematics? All yours. I'm getting some distance."

Scramble leaps into the air. She soars on the thermals from rivers of fire.

04.02 to 09.05

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 6, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:8/8]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 29 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Time to rejoin the fray, or failing that make a new friend with an interesting name, and hopefully get back in touch with the rest of team Goathunter. If he could stop, drop and roll after going through the fire, so much the better.
Head to 03:02

Wishlist: Should be fine.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 54 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack nodded at Cryo warily.

"Take care, friend. Try to bag this thing for us if you would. I feel a drink at the station bar is getting long overdue at this point."

CAP BATTLERS can peek
Moving to 03.02

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge" Gureyevitch / 4. Stev Ansahok / 7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Movement to 03.02.
Inferno! Midge's Beta Crawler takes 1 damage! Beta Crawler is not set alight!

CAPRICORN enters the hex!

This could be it.
Heaven or Hell, Skate or Die.

2. "Grumps" McGee
No movement.
Mutant enemy emerges!

3. Cryo
No movement.

6. Scramble
Movement to 09.05.

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 8, 2018

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Bee Bonk posted:

This could be it.
Heaven or Hell, Skate or Die.

Heaven or Hell, Duel One, Let's Rock!

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 8, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack nodded to Midge as the man stomped to their position inside his Beta Crawler "Right, everyone, listen up", he addressed the other Wreckers behind a small hillock for a tactical briefing, out of Capricorn's sight for now "Seems we've made a tactical error. Seems like Cap here follows the biggest group of enemies it can find, thus we led it away from Cryo's ambush accident. Now, we have these Experimental nails, right, and could potentially destroy it. However, problem is that these things aren't exactly stable or reliable. So if all we manage to do is blow up our own guns, we will not be in position to harm it in a while, and will need to set up a new ambush later on. A later on we might not have."

"So here's the deal. Any of you want to stay and take your chances with Cap? That's fine, I'll even give my nail to whoever wants it, and you guys might very well take the glory for the kill. However, if you DON'T kill it, you must absolutely all scatter to different places from here on your earliest convenience. I will run to Cryo myself. My lacing can take a beating from even her, and if there's a pair of us there, and the rest of you are scattered, it should come straight to our ambush and we can deal with it should you two fail. It will be our failsafe, a plan B to avoid horrible freezing-related death. Understood? Good."

"I'll see if I can distract it while I go."

Bobby-Jack broke for a sprint from their cover, whistled at Capricorn's general direction and waved his arms, before starting to run again.

CAP BATTLERS can peek
Retreating to Hex 04.02 WITHOUT Squidpack
Any Wrecker in my current Hex can take my X-Coffin Nail if they need it for an attack this turn

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Mirko watched with fascination as the Nail appeared next to Cryo, seemingly unchanged for its second trip through the device. It might be worth taking some data and attempting to shift some of the nails a second time to see if there were any effects from additional exposures to... whatever it was that the process exposed them to. The drone, despite being overloaded, performed admirably once again and delivered the two nails with mechanical reliability. So slow, though.

A subtle beep alerted him to a message. Something about a complementary refresco and some... what the gently caress? Hmm. Well, table that matter, deal with it after this show. The wreckers were congregating, drawing the Capricorn in on them. Cryo's ambush appeared to be for naught.

With the amount of ordinance available to the wreckers it felt only prudent to... incentivize the use of Hideous Dynamics product.

Sponsor challenge: Use a meta nail (10 luxe bonus).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 11/22 / MOVE: 4 / 27 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, THERMAL LANCE, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

"God drat, you guys have done a number on this thing. This is just kind of pathetic at this point, isn't it?"

Stev shook his head as he rummaged through his storage pouch, eventually producing a gleaming red Coffin Nail, courtesy of Hideous Dynamics. He looked it over for a bit, and then with a care and ease that spoke to a great deal of practice and experience, punctured two holes in the casing, one at the end, the other in the side.

"Down the hatch!" he said, before shotgunning the experimental ammunition. He smacked his lips a bit, pondering the taste as his internal systems began channeling the fluid into his lance's fuel reservoirs. "Kind of like... I mean, there's some kind of fruit in there for sure, but also kind of like blood? It's got a real kick to it, too. Not bad! Now... let's see just what we can do with it."

He brought his hands together at his side and then thrust them forward, palms outstretched. This was a brief sputtering, and then his thermal lance kicked into overdrive, producing a beam of heat that somehow managed to be completely black, save for a dark red at its edges. It drove straight into Capricorn, which began to glow with heat.

"Yeah... I think I could get used to this!"

KAMEHAMEHA: 1d16 5

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

(empty)

It seemed like a good time to go on a quick errand... conveniently on the other side of the map. Not that would do much if those strange munitions functioned in similar manner as the last interdimensional bullet. Still, cover couldn't hurt.

Action: Take Cover.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 5]

Kalpernicus was trying not to hold his breath with anticipation, but things had gotten so tense at the Sponsors' lounge on board the Lucinda's pleasure barge that you could hear the ice cubes clinking in the glasses of the other Sponsors as they brought their drinks to their lips. All eyes, aug'd or baseline, were glued to the holo-feed.

Kalpernicus, meanwhile, was congratulating himself on setting up yet another Wrecker Challenge to preserve and conserve precious Wrecking Crew 'artifacts.' He also tried to delete another challenge, for the sake of plausible deniability.

• Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger: 5 Luxe (How did this get here? I was hacked!)
  • Cleanse Rime of Hive Clusters: 5 Luxe ea
  • > Exfiltrate with a HD Meta-Nail: 5 Luxe ea
  • Unallocated funds: 0 Luxe

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 9, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:7/8]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 29 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

His rig smouldering but not burning, it was somewhat disconcerting to come up to two wreckers he wasn't familiar with, and an old crewmate from Bottom.

"Stev, good to see you're still up! As for you two, happy to make your acquaintance. Let's all get filthy rich."

He switched the Optiscope over to his Junker's Delight, and loaded up his own Coffin Nail X.

Scoped Junker's Delight with the Coffin Nail X at the Main Body: 1d12 6 Coffin nail deals 24 damage.

Wishlist: See you at the afterparty.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

The flashes of the final showdown of the remaining wreckers and Capricorn enthralled Grumps so he didn't here the manhunter coming up till it was almost too late. The Grunts may be too stupid to see him through his camo, but the Manhunter would knew better, so Grumps quickly tried to jump down from the peak to the crag it was walking through and get the manhunter quickly

Attack Roll on manhunter: 1d8 1

drat these hands! This rig-ripper kept slipping out his grip at the worse time. Ah well, time to go blend in.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0002 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]
RIG HP- 1/4

"Oh it followed us? Umm... Screw it, you only live once per bio-decanting, right?"

X-Coffin nailed Shot: 1d10 3

"Ohmygawdyoucan'tbeseriouswhatthef-"

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch / 4. Stev Ansahok / 7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
CAPRICORN STOMP! Hoof Drill hits Bobby-Jack! Bobby-Jack takes 3 damage and dies is saved by Bone Lacing!

Bobby-Jack retreats to 04.02!

Lucinda attacks CAPRICORN!
Lucinda misses! Experimental Coffin Nail misfires!
MYRIAD Sniper takes 3 damage and is destroyed!
Lucinda ejects safely!

Midge attacks CAPRICORN!
CAPRICORN takes 22 DAMAGE! Junker's Delight knocks loose 82 LUXE!

Stev consumes HD Meta-Nail! Stev suffers 10 DAMAGE!
Stev is fully infested...the royal jelly injected into his brainstem has created a new Hiver Monarch.
Stev may now transform a defeated foe into a Hiver instead of killing it. He may also spend 1 Max HP as an Action to spawn a Hive Cluster in a hex.
Go forth and spread the human geometry to the stars!

Stev's augs have been altered!

lancea sanguinis posted:

Thermal Lance is replaced by Bloodhawk Beam.
Bloodhawk Beam:1d8/5 Penetrator; before rolling attack, subject may lose HP to add damage on a 2 for 1 basis. On a 1, the HP lost are Max HP.

Challenge Complete posted:

Hideous Dynamics - Use a meta-nail.
Stev receives 20 Luxe for completion!
Hideous Dynamics recieves 5 Luxe and pays out 10 Luxe for additional rewards!

Stev attacks CAPRICORN with Bloodhawk Beam!
CAPRICORN takes 100 DAMAGE...

:siren: CAPRICORN DOWN! :siren:

Zodiac Down posted:

:siren: All surviving Wreckers will be Exfiltrated without cost at the end of this Round! :siren:
:siren: Wreckers may choose to pay for item or rig extraction without Sponsor intervention NOW! :siren:

Survivor Bonus: Survive the map!
Midge Gureyevitch is awarded 50 Luxe!
Grumps McGee is awarded 50 Luxe!
Cryo is awarded 50 Luxe!
Stev Ansahok is awarded 50 Luxe!
Scramble is awarded 50 Luxe!
Bobby-Jack Johnson is awarded 50 Luxe!
Lucinda is awarded 50 Luxe!

Map Kill Bonus: Wreck the most!
Cryo is awarded 25 Luxe!

Boss Engagement Bonus: Engage with Capricorn!
Midge Gureyevitch is awarded 25 Luxe!
Cryo is awarded 25 Luxe!
Stev Ansahok is awarded 25 Luxe!
Scramble is awarded 25 Luxe!
Bobby-Jack Johnson is awarded 25 Luxe!
Lucinda is awarded 25 Luxe!

Boss Damage Bonus: Deal the most damage to Capricorn!
Cryo is awarded 25 Luxe!

Boss Deathstroke Bonus: Land the killing blow on Capricorn!
Stev Ansahok is awarded 50 Luxe!

Current Account Standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 120
2. "Grumps" McGee 63
3. Cryo 162
4. Stev Ansahok 169
6. Scramble 122
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 148
8. Lucinda 175

Wākào! Sweet day in the morning! Literally Hot-Blooded Moon Wars Vet Ansahok with a dope-rear end megabeam from nowhere!
Good girth. Nice color.
And with that, Capricorn is capri-popped!
No.
Capped-ricorn?
No.
Cap-rekt-corn?
No.
ZODIAC DOWN!
Wrap it up, sweet babies. Time to put this one to bed.

2. "Grumps" McGee
Grumps attacks Mutant Manhunter! Grumps misses!

Mutant Manhunter misses Grumps!
Mutant Grunt 1 fails to hit Grumps!
Mutant Grunt 2 fails to hit Grumps!

3. Cryo
No encounter.

6. Scramble
Cover grabbed!

:siren: Wreckers, take your final Actions before Extraction! :siren:

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 9, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:7/8]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 29 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Whoo! Time to scoop up all that sweet floor luxe he'd blasted loose, as well as order his beta rig to self-disassemble to add to the loot pile.

Salvage! Nab the Junker's Delight winnings, add in the beta crawler scrappage and local looting.

Expending 150 Luxe to upload the following six items:

10 luxe
20 luxe
30 luxe
30 luxe
30 luxe
30 luxe

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 1/22 / MOVE: 4 / 27 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev blinked. He hadn't expected to actually finish Capricorn off with that. Not like he was going to complain, mind you. That had been a serious rush. He'd never felt quite so powerful before. Sure, he'd handled heavy ordnance, but that had been a tool. Something he was operating. This came from him. It was like he'd untapped some hidden potential, tapped into the inherent spiritual oneness of all life. He could swear--no, he knew that he could feel them out there. Not his fellow wreckers, at least, not most of them, and those few he could feel only faintly, but further beyond, he could feel his connection to that buzzing, swarming...

Oh. So that's how it was.

Honestly, that could have been a hell of a lot worse. He was still himself. He wasn't some shambling automaton, enslaved to a hive mind. In fact--he flexed a few new mental muscles experimentally--he was pretty sure it was the other way around. The throne had been empty, just waiting for someone to step up and claim it. And it looked like, by pure dumb luck, that someone had been him. Sergeant Stev Ansahok, Swarmlord. Well, if the hive was his responsibility now, he was going to make sure he handled it right. Concentrating, he signalled the order to leave the region by any means necessary. It was clear that the whole thing was going to blow, and he didn't want to lose too many people to the volcano. With that done, he shook his head, and focused on his immediate surroundings, mere moments after he first made the realization.

"Hell yeah! That one's for all the Moon Warriors out there! Hideous Dynamics, I want you to know that that right there is the *good* stuff. Might need some more testing with a recoil like that, but you're on the right track. And with that out of the way... we've got a while before our ride comes. It'd be a hell of a shame to let this scrap go to waste. Let's get it divvied up, nice and even!"

Action: Scavenge everything in my hex, split it evenly with everyone who was fighting Capricorn.

Expending 10 Luxe to extract my Hammer. 20 Luxe for the meta Nail

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 9, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

E: poo poo, edited the wrong thing

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 9, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

(empty)
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / BATRACHIAN LEGS+DRIFT BLADDERS / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ClusterDet Rounds on Stinger / 7 luxe ]

Well, that did it apparently. About shelling time they were getting off this iceball. Scramble dumps most of her kit in the crucible's reclaim hopper.

Action: reclaim anything I'm not exfiltrating.

After a moment of silence for Mr. Shootyface, Scamble moves to take stock of her remaining gear.

10L 20L 30L 30L 30L

Total exfiltration cost = 120 60 luxe

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 9, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wooooo! That was loving badass, man!

In fact, I'm going to offer a challenge right here. If the sergeant ever gets rekt (and lets face it, he's a Wrecker), then someone bring me his arm. A weapon like that shouldn't be lost.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 5]

Well, that had certainly progressed far faster than he'd ever anticipated! As the champagne corks shot off all around him, Kalpernicus was seized with a sudden pique of self-awareness. Here he was, a penniless faux-riche guest with a bill to pay.The ex-Wrecker-turned-Sponsor rushed from the raucous celebrations popping off in the Sponsors' lounge and dashed over to his private quarters in order to pack up absolutely everything he'd ever brought. The goal was to make it look like he was never here...

Busting into his room with his keycard for the last time, Kal scooped up all the plates and drinkware he'd strewn across every available surface and dumped them all (keycards included) unceremoniously in the replicator disposal hopper and hit 'mulch.' Meanwhile his threads, his decks, his cords and aug chargers, his comms tablet and his private console, all of it had to be unhooked and dismantled and stuffed together in his z-space luggage before anyone could notice he was missing from the festivities.

Kalpernicus strapped his squidpack to his back and his rig-ripper to his hip and hit the Auto-Maid switch on his way out. Easy peasy. He slipped past the Sponsors' lounge and made his way through the lobby to the main shipyard completely unnoticed.

There was bound to be a small luxury-class shuttle craft he could hotwire to his liking...

• Cleanse Rime of Hive Clusters: 5 Luxe ea
  • Exfiltrate with a HD Meta-Nail: 5 Luxe ea
  • Unallocated funds: 0 Luxe

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

:suspense:

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Lucinda steps out of her escape pod and brushes herself down.

"Well that was a pain. Ugh. At least we can go now.

Oh yeah, I was going to work on this, um 2 minutes pods! Just open up this here and..."

Lucinda's nano projector brings up the schematics of her pistol and she taps, checking the suggested modification route from her inputted commands. Then it was just advanced electronics and mechanics, you know, the kind of thing any young noble picks up in middle school.

Craft attempt- INFERNO PISTOL- Capricorn themed pistol, ignite that hydrocarbon in an inferno shot!
Hydrocarbon vented through the barrel and ignited on firing, advanced electronics calculate the quantity, rate, and the velocity to vent without exploding self/gun

"See you all at the after party"

Exfiltration
1) squidpack
2) ??? Pistol
Total- 30 luxe

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 53 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array, Ablative Upgrades / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

"And then we will"- a flash of reddish black radiance erupted and painted everything the eye could see a bloodlike pallor, followed by the Zodiac's distant form crumpling to the ground like a marionette with its strings cut. Bobby-Jack merely stared for a few moments, before bursting into a laugh. "Hahaha! Or that could happen, I guess. That's the sergeant for you!"

Contingencies having proven unnecessary, Bobby-Jack flicked a bit of scrap for the ravenous thing besides him to gnaw on, before taking his final autodoc and subjecting himself to its influence. He was a bit sad, it was his last chance to get combat upgrades for a while.

However, it seemed like his worry was somewhat immature. Bobby-Jack smirked as the autodoc burrowed into his abdominal cavity and installed a state of the art cyber-fabricator in there.

Hah.

That meant there was only one thing left to do.

"HEY SERGEANT!", he hollered into the wind, "SEE YOU AT THE STATION BAR, YEAH?"

Chucking Cryo 1 Luxe as a snack
Evolver Autodoc: 2#1d20= 16, 10
Picking 16: Adaptive Recycler/Ablative Upgrades
Exfiltrating the Following Items:
Squidpack: 10 Luxe
Combat Support Armor: 20 Luxe
CS Module - Medical: 30 Luxe
Total Exfiltration Cost: 60 Luxe

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 9, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Not Alex posted:

30L 30L

Total exfiltration cost = 120
It's cheaper to leave these two items behind now and order two replacement items in the first round of next map. That way you pay just 30 luxe instead of 60

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

It's cheaper to leave these two items behind now and order two replacement items in the first round of next map. That way you pay just 30 luxe instead of 60

Fair enough. If Scramble was good with money she wouldn't need to keep entering televised blood sport competitions.

I'll edit to reclaim them as well. However if Scramble's pod crashes into a flaming toxic soup next match I'm blaming you. (Seriously though, thanks for doing the math.)

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 5 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Damnit - He'd missed the best bit while trying to deal with those idiot mutants. Capricorn was dead and he didn't even get a good view of it. While the other wreckers might be prepearing for the next seasion, Grumps was out- he took his Rig Ripper as a memento of his time, and to sell to collectors later, but left the rest of his gear behind.