Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: SIGN UP TO THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE ROULETTE :siren:

NXT Takeover New Orleans
  • Johnny Gargano defeated Tomaso Ciampa in an Unsanctioned Match to regain his job in NXT
  • Aleister Black defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas to become the new NXT Champion
  • The Undisputed Era defeated The Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong/Pete Dunne to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship and win the Dusty Classic Trophy. Roderick Strong betrayed Pete Dunne and joined Undisputed Era.
  • Shayna Baszler defeated Ember Moon to win the NXT Women's Championship
  • Adam Cole defeated EC3, Killian Dain, Lars Sullivan, Ricochet and Velveteen Dream in a Ladder Match to become the inaugural NXT North American Champion

Wrestlemania
  • Brock Lesnar (C) successfully defended his Universal Championship against Roman Reigns.
  • Braun Strowman and a small child called Nicholas from the crowd won the Raw Tag Team Championship from The Bar.
  • AJ Styles (C) successfully defended his WWE Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura. Shinsuke turned heel post-match.
  • Nia Jax defeated Alexa Bliss (C) to become the Raw Women's Champion.
  • Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Sami submitted to Bryan's Yes Lock.
  • The Undertaker DESTROYED John Cena in a sub-5 minute match.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers won the Smackdown Tag Titles in a match against The Usos (C) and The New Day.
  • Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle defeated Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie tapped out to Ronda's armbar.
  • Jinder Mahal won the US Title in a Fatal Fourway against Randy Orton (C), Bobby Roode and Rusev.
  • Charlotte (C) successfully defended her Smackdown Women's title against Asuka, ending her streak.
  • Seth Rollins defeated The Miz (C) and Finn Balor to win the Intercontinental Championship
  • Naomi won the Women's Battle Royal, eliminating Bayley last.
  • Cedric Alexander defeated Mustafa Ali to become the new Cruiserweight Champion
  • Matt Hardy won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, assisted by Bray Wyatt who returned apparently in Matt's service.

Raw Results
  • Stephanie opened the show, calling the fans stinky foreigners with no class for mocking the beating she took. She brought out Ronda Rousey and attempted to gladhand her, saying the two could work together to their mutual benefit. They embraced and the crowd booed, but then Ronda put Stephanie in the armbar to a giant pop. Steph sold the poo poo out of this, screaming and begging and pleading. Afterwards the crowd chanted,"YOU DESERVE IT!" and then sang the goodbye song to her as she was helped from the ring. The ring announcer asked the crowd to please show her some respect, which got exactly the reaction expected.
  • The commentators noted that this "non-traditional" crowd will sometimes boo who crowds normally cheer. This was said directly after Stephanie McMahon got booed :confused:
  • Nia came out to a strong reaction. Alexa and Mickie came out and tried to continue mocking her but she shut them down and introduced her tag team partner as Ember Moon.
  • Nia and Ember defeated Alexa and Mickie, with Ember hitting the Eclipse on Alexa.
  • Backstage, Kurt was on the phone discussing Ember joining the Raw roster when Braun Strowman showed up with a child called Nicholas. Braun relinquished the Raw titles due to Nicholas' scheduling conflict (he's in the 4th grade) but promised once he graduated, they would be back for the titles.
  • No Way Jose is now a member of the Raw roster. He debuted with an accompanying group of dancers ala Adam Rose, and quickly defeated the local jobber he was up again.
  • Kurt Angle was watching backstage when he was joined by The Bar, who asked when Kurt was going to give their tag titles back. He told them the tag titles would be decided at the Greatest Royal Rumble, and their opponents would be decided over a series of qualifying matches called the Tag Team Eliminator.
  • The Revival defeated the Good Brothers, advancing to the next round in the Tag Team Eliminator.
  • Seth Rollins came out to celebrate his IC Title win making him the third of the Shield to become a Grand Slam Champion. Finn Balor came out and congratulated Seth but reminded him that Seth pinned Miz but didn't pin Balor. Balor wanted to be the first to challenge him for the IC Belt. Seth accepted, but then The Miz
  • Miz complained that he had to change his normal strategy (use Miztourage to cheat) to avoid Seth or Finn complaining when he won, which was why he lost! He claimed his baby cried when he lost, which made Maryse cry, which made Miz cry too. Seth mocked him and said if he wanted his rematch then they could do it right now. Miz fired up the crowd and then refused to invoke his rematch clause, saying he would face Seth for the title at Backlash.
  • Miz offered Fin and Seth a match right now, The Miztourage and himself against the two of them. They were going to accept when Jeff Hardy returned to even things up. Both sides squared up, but then Miz and the Miztourage took off.
  • Sasha lost to Mandy Rose, thanks to Bayley trying to get involved and accidentally hitting Sasha instead. Afterwards, Bayley looked upset but walked off without apologizing, and Sasha stormed after her.
  • Paige got on the mic and informed everybody that her neck issues meant she had no choice but to retire. This was extremely depressing and the crowd got fully behind her and chanted that this was her house. She noted the support she'd had from Daniel Bryan and Edge who had suffered similar career-ending injuries, and that she took hope from Bryan's return but also the way Edge has built an entirely new life for himself. For now though, she is retired, and needs to find some other new goal in life. She is only 25 years old.
  • Elias was doing a concert (and the crowd loved him) when Bobby Lashley interupted to a massive pop from the crowd. Lashley demolished Elias, including an impressive one-armed delayed vertical suplex.
  • Kurt was talking about Lashley on the phone backstage when Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn showed up in suits with hangdog expressions, asking if Kurt had heard about their "management issues" in Smackdown. Kurt said he'd heard TNA was hiring, and the two immediately turned on each other insisting that he only needed to hire one of them. Kurt took them up on that, they could have a match tonight and the winner and ONLY the winner could have a spot on the roster.
  • Heath Slater and Rhyno are not in the Tag Team Eliminator, so Heath demanded ANY tag team come out to face them. The Authors of Pain answered the challenge. They destroyed Heath and Rhyno didn't even get in. As they left the ring, they told Paul Ellering to remain behind, declaring they no longer needed him.
  • Roman Reigns will get another shot at the Universal Championship when he faces Brock at The Greatest Royal Rumble in a Steel Cage match.
  • Roman came out and made a kinda bizarre promo making what seemed to be allusions to the idea that the finish had been changed due to contract negotiations or something? He complained he learned about his match at The Greatest Royal Rumble on the Internet, but insisted that if they keep putting him up against Brock, eventually he will win the title.
  • Samoa Joe came out and called him a failure who talked big and then couldn't deliver. Crowd was going crazy for Joe. He said when all is said and done, Joe will be waiting at Backlash.
  • Titus and Apollo waited for their opponents, revealed to be the team of Woken Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, acting in total concert. Both guys have taken on the mannerisms of the other, worked well together, and won the match.
  • Sami and Kevin had a really good match but it went to a No Contest, meaning neither man won and therefore neither would be joining the Raw roster. The crowd was upset and they cut away without really getting to see much of Kevin or Sami's reaction.
  • Woken Matt met with Jeff backstage, and Matt introduced Jeff to Bray Wyatt. Jeff took on all the typical Broken mannerisms, hugged Bray and watched them leave together. Seth and Finn gave Jeff :stare: faces and he replied with a happy shrug since apparently he just plays along with whatever his brother is doing at any given time v:shobon:v
  • Seth Rollins, Finn Balor and Jeff Hardy defeated The Miz and The Miztourage in a six-man tag. Seth hit the Curb Stomp and got the pin on Miz. Afterwards they took turns hitting their finishers on Bo and Axel, which had an odd but fun House Show/Dark Match ending feel to it.
  • Next week is the Superstar Shakeup to mix up the rosters between Raw and Smackdown.

Smackdown Results
  • Shane McMahon opened the show (boo!) where he thanked the fans for a great Wrestlemania, and congratulated Daniel Bryan for his return and acknowledged that as a full time wrestler once more, he was accepting Bryan's resignation as Smackdown General Manager. The new GM is... Paige!
  • Paige's first official act was to book Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles :hellyeah:
  • The Usos defeated The New Day in a real good match (better than the Mania 3-way) to get the title shot against the Bludgeon Brothers.
  • In a pre-taped segment, Nattie cut off Naomi as she was being interviewed about winning the Women's Battle Royal. Naomi took her insults as a challenge to a match.
  • Naomi (eventually) defeated Nattie in a singles match.
  • Renee Young (in an amazing jacket) interviewed Shinsuke Nakamura about punching AJ Styles on the dick at Wrestlemania, where he gave a beautifully sarcastic apology and then insisted "no speak English" when Renee inquired further.
  • Charlotte came out and thanked Asuka for taking her to the limit at Wrestlemania. She celebrated having retained her title and asked who was next, and the answer turned out to be Peyton Royce and Billie Kay from NXT who debuted together. They said Charlotte's match was "pretty good, not great", mocked her habit of thanking everybody, and said she needed to stop focusing on the past and look to the future, which was them. Charlotte tried to fight them but they outnumbered and were able to deliver a beating.
  • After Peyton and Billie left, Carmella rushed down and cashed in her MITB briefcase. After a gigantically long delay by the ref and timekeeper, they finally rang the bell and Carmella superkicked Charlotte, pinned her and became the new Women's Champion.
  • Randy Orton defeated Bobby Roode and Rusev in a triple threat to decide Jinder Mahal's Backlash opponent. Crowd was super into Rusev the entire match but he wasn't involved in the finish at all.
  • Carmella gave a tearful backstage promo where she gave thanks where it was due.... to herself!
  • Daniel Bryan defeated AJ Styles by DQ when Shinsuke Nakamura jumped into the ring and hit Bryan with the Kinshasa. Afterwards he lowblowed AJ Styles again, then did it AGAIN! The crowd was furious and there was even a "YOU SUCK!" chant directed at Nakamura who looked to be having the time of his life.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Nicholas is more over than Roman and Brock.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm curious to see who gets called up from NXT and who returns from injury in the next two days.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Put the strap on Nicholas, brother

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
god i hope roman winning losing was an audible

e: whoops lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember where you were when Roman officially got Luger'd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince looks at Daniel Bryan and finally realizes,"Oh poo poo, HE is my new Bret.... :aaa:"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just...what?

The more I think about it the more I feel like either Heel Roman or Demon Finn is winning the title. Didn't Finn have Roman pinned in the Chamber before Braun inexplicably pinned him? And hasn't Demon Finn been MIA since Summerslam when he won the Universal Title in the first place?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
To the guy who quoted me in the previous thread, yes I was referring to that post match interview. While Charlotte could be trying to paint Asuka as someone who is just as good as her (she put over Asuka hard in that backstage promo), I could also see her telling the truth and Asuka not knowing about it. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i kinda hate that i feel like i have to watch raw tomorrow

i dont want to :(

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god i hope roman winning losing was an audible

e: whoops lol

Sounds like the odds were shifting during around the preshow, so doubtful it was an audible during the match. But holy hell, even so, that match did neither of them favors at all.

Edit: It's always been fun to watch Brock destroy guys (when it's not too much like the Orton match), but it's starting to wear off for me, especially after tonight. It was really hard for me to care about the outcome.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 9, 2018

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Vince looks at Daniel Bryan and finally realizes,"Oh poo poo, HE is my new Bret.... :aaa:"

bryan screwed bryan

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I honestly hated the Ronda match. I thought she looked like poo poo when she botched 80 percent of her moves.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Benne posted:

Remember where you were when Roman officially got Luger'd

We just need Roman to bodyslam Brock on an aircraft carrier while the Blue Angels are doing an overhead performance. That'll get him over!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Didn't Finn have Roman pinned in the Chamber before Braun inexplicably pinned him? And hasn't Demon Finn been MIA since Summerslam when he won the Universal Title in the first place?

Dude I like you a lot but you know as well as I do they don’t remember or care about any of this

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Zyla posted:

i kinda hate that i feel like i have to watch raw tomorrow

i dont want to :(

The post mania Raws are usually fun because it's usually just fans making GBS threads on WWE.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just...what?

The more I think about it the more I feel like either Heel Roman or Demon Finn is winning the title. Didn't Finn have Roman pinned in the Chamber before Braun inexplicably pinned him? And hasn't Demon Finn been MIA since Summerslam when he won the Universal Title in the first place?

A heel turn isn't saving Roman. He's past the point of worth taking seriously.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I honestly hated the Ronda match. I thought she looked like poo poo when she botched 80 percent of her moves.

she moved well which is honestly more than anyone thought possible

that all of her moves were garbage is another matter

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Nicholas sure looks a lot like Shane's 12 year old.

https://twitter.com/toledodan1/status/983212277200572416

McMahons always go over.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The_Rob posted:

The post mania Raws are usually fun because it's usually just fans making GBS threads on WWE.

yeah but like i could be playing bloodbourne instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope Nicholas enjoys being on the road half a week for the next six months

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

A heel turn isn't saving Roman. He's past the point of worth taking seriously.

I didn't say it'd WORK. That's just what I think they might do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

When Stephanie botched 80 percent of Ronda’s moves.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You: what emotion did Wrestlemania inspire?

Me:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
At the very least I'm going to watch that main event because what the gently caress.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
nicholas loving ruled, the rousey match was surprisingly good, aj/nakamura was flat as gently caress, the main event was straight fuckin dogshit on a plate, and the taker match was perfect

everything else i dont care about

happy rusev day bitches

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Psychepath posted:

Nicholas sure looks a lot like Shane's 12 year old.

https://twitter.com/toledodan1/status/983212277200572416

McMahons always go over.

https://twitter.com/JSBrown303/status/983197171918036992

hahahhahahaha

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Aphrodite posted:

When Stephanie botched 80 percent of Ronda’s moves.

Hey hey hey

They both suck

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that kid looks like that other kid the way they both look exactly the same as aj styles

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/TheHtial/status/983194978921820160

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

I'm pretty sure if you splice Shame McMahon & Ronda punching each other with their punches, you could make a Dragonball-esc punch battle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just don't know what the gently caress

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The_Rob posted:

Good lord if they trot out Roman under opposite conditions versus last year and expecting different results. From bragging about retiring Taker, to asking for sympathy after getting owned by Brock after spending a month calling him out and getting repeatedly punked.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

I just don't know what the gently caress

:same:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The_Rob posted:

man trips flailing wildly in the corner while a woman half his size throws some fuckin hands RULES

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
My favorite spot of the night was Shane trying to do his jumping spin kick and falling on his poopy butt.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

nick being shanes kid is the perfect capstone on this event hahahahahah

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

D-Bry is the man

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also the best part of mania for me was when i used a promo code to save a couple bucks ordering a new japan baseball tee off pro wrestling tees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

The_Rob posted:

It was fun the first couple times but now it’s just obnoxious chanting and Cole repeating how the post-WM crowd is wacky because they cheer the bad guys and don’t cheer the big dog.

• Locked thread