Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They named Shane’s sons during his entrance and he went to hug each of them so I don’t think they’d try to portray one of them as someone different later in the show.

They just both have long hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

So what do the WWE do with Roman Reigns from here?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does that rumble even air at a time where Americans could watch it

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Jerusalem posted:

Grabbed this from the other thread. Just want to point out that the commentators would not shut up about this spot and kept desperately trying to make out what a big deal that Roman kept kicking out of F5s, but the crowd just absolutely did not give even the slightest poo poo about it and it was loving hilarious.

They genuinely thought they'd done a great job of making people believe one F5 would beat anybody, and that this spot was going to blow people's minds. To the point they ended up doing it like 6-7 times in one match, including an F5 through a table :lol:

I'm bizarrely reminded of when Macho Man booked (we presume) Warrior to take 5 top-rope elbows from him before kicking out and pinning him.

Except Warrior went on to win, and then the Savage/Elizabeth reunion happened and nobody cared about the specifics of the match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
honestly every wrestlemania after #30 kinda blend together to me and feel indistinguishable and this one will be no different.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

That's a cute family of raccoons.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao, if this is their plan

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao, if this is their plan

brocks gonna have to fly to SA to job ahahahha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

i don't understand the company anymore. i don't know what they want. i can't get excited for anything because nothing ever has a good resolution. Daniel Bryan wrestled and i barely cared. the concept of the WWE is still interesting to me on a basic level but i just don't think i can be invested in this any more. i just feel detached, like i'm in a relationship with someone i'm no longer attracted to but have no real reason to break up with them. i can't care about any of the individual wrestlers because i know they will accomplish nothing and will stay in the same role forever.

That's unfair. Rusev won't stay in the same role forever, he'll absolutely be out of the company within like 3 years, both sides are pretty clearly sick of each other at this point

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

bartok posted:

So what do the WWE do with Roman Reigns from here?

What did they do with Diesel when they took the belt off him for being the worst draw in history but before he left for WCW?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

That's a cute family of raccoons.

That's not a family, that's Old Greggggg

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FullMetalJackoff posted:

That was me (Austin!). Just seemed an odd throwaway line that could be taken as her talking either matter-of-factually or an emotionally exhausted worker getting her thoughts mixed up in the moment. Pretty awesome if the former, would make Asuka quite the master of kayfabe.

Vince: *rings up Goldberg* Hey, Bill! I've got a MULE of a problem, if you catch my drift.. *wink*
Bill: I'm sorry?
Vince: Oh, my apologies.. I'm literally KICKING myself.. "WINK!"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s stuff like this that has me leaning towards calling an audible. Roman wasn’t even getting negative reaction anymore

The crowd not even giving a poo poo about Roman getting beaten up anymore speaks volumes.

Cavauro posted:

i don't understand the company anymore. i don't know what they want. i can't get excited for anything because nothing ever has a good resolution. Daniel Bryan wrestled and i barely cared. the concept of the WWE is still interesting to me on a basic level but i just don't think i can be invested in this any more. i just feel detached, like i'm in a relationship with someone i'm no longer attracted to but have no real reason to break up with them. i can't care about any of the individual wrestlers because i know they will accomplish nothing and will stay in the same role forever has died.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zyla posted:

holy poo poo thats hosed up hahahaha

Apparently they used to do this in Puerto Rico.

They also would try to stab people or throw urine on them so, you know, the ol' hot coin maybe wasn't the worst thing that might happen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the show being 15 hours long or whatever might also have something to do with crowd enthusiasm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:vince:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Kevin and Sami own and are basically the only reason to watch Smackdown

just lol if you've wasted your time watching Raw at all in the past year

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Jerusalem don't encourage this deviancy.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

KaptainKrunk posted:

Kevin and Sami own and are basically the only reason to watch Smackdown

just lol if you've wasted your time watching Raw at all in the past year

smackdown is actually the bad show

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
The only conclusion I was able to draw was either 1) The WWE got cold feet about that possible steroid allegation, or 2) There's some fire to that smoke and things are about to blow up.

Really though, part of the issues I blame for the show is THE SHOW SHOULD NOT BE SEVEN drat HOURS LONG.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Zyla posted:

i know what i said in the gdt but that was just emotion theres no way on earth you audible the main of WM for any reason except literal death

I don't think they audibled today but that booking sure seemed like someone gave up on Roman Reigns in the last couple days.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Seams posted:

the show being 15 hours long or whatever might also have something to do with crowd enthusiasm

While I'm sure it contributed if the main event was good people would have cared. WrestleKingdom is like 6 hours long and people not only stay invested but leave with a sense of hope about wrestling.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

They also would try to stab people or throw urine on them so, you know, the ol' hot coin maybe wasn't the worst thing that might happen.

beats getting bruiser brody'd

i thought i'd heard all the deliciously evil poo poo to fear but hot pennies yikes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

John Cena got hosed up. He was dissing my man Taker throughout the year and then suddenly BAM my man Taker out of no where where he proceeds to kick john cenas rear end he loving destroys him for the 123 pin and then he grabs his gear and loving leaves not once looking back at the mess he did what a loving BOSS

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

In TNA, Hot Coin is what you call your check before you try to cash it

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

The only conclusion I was able to draw was either 1) The WWE got cold feet about that possible steroid allegation,

Counterpoint - Jinder won.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

I remember that poo poo happening in my high school. The coin thing.

Although, I mean... some of the rest happened too.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I have a friend down in New Orleans that just texted me to say he took a piss next to Lawler and Nakamura

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm still baffled by the main event finish.

So like, are we supposed to be mad the part-timer won, and this is their beloved "get heat" for someone who actually doesn't have much heat? Are we supposed to feel bad for Roman, which lol? Or did they get cold feet yet again for their supposed golden boy, who everyone now sees loud and clear as a choker and will never take him seriously as the guy? What the gently caress is even the plan here?

Jesus Christ. At least New Japan stuck to the plan when they pushed Okada to carry the torch.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 9, 2018

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Even if the crowd wasn't actively disinterested in Brock/Roman, the absurdity of the F5 kickouts would be way too much. They spend an entire year pushing that nobody kicks out of even one F5, and then they have Roman kick out of FIVE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're supposed to feel bad that the fan beside you was booing roman after he tried so hard, and then you need to physically assault that fan. Keep doing this until everyone loves Roman.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The entire event was atrocious. Vince doesn't have it anymore and there's only so much Kevin Dunn direction you can take before you want to puke.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I'm still baffled by the main event finish.

So like, are we supposed to be mad the part-timer won, and this is their beloved "get heat" for someone who actually doesn't have much heat? Are we supposed to feel bad for Roman, which lol? Or did they get cold feet yet again for their supposed golden boy, who everyone now sees loud and clear as a choker who isn't the guy? What the gently caress is even the plan here?

Jesus Christ. At least New Japan stuck to the plan when they pushed Okada to carry the torch.

Right there with you dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I genuinely, legimately loved every second of the Taker/Cena match. Just this pissed off old undead cowboy soul reaper hauling his grumpy ol' rear end down to Wrestlemania and beating the poo poo out of this rear end in a top hat who was talking poo poo when he wasn't around, then promptly leaving.

On the flipside, I was bitterly disappointed by Shinsuke/AJ. I dug the heel turn at the end but both guys are capable of so much more and I've personally been there live when they did have an absolutely incredible match against each other. This was the match I was most excited about seeing at Wrestlemania long, long, long before it was even announced as happening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

honestly every wrestlemania after #30 kinda blend together to me and feel indistinguishable and this one will be no different.

32 was the most spite filled show I've ever seen

This was just...confusing? Like there were good results that just had completely flat or anticlimactic endings (Braun in the "Braun gets a belt, please leave us alone now fans" special), good results in bad matches (Nia/Alexa, Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day), baffling results (Taker squashing Cena) in bad matches (whatever the gently caress you call the Universal title match), and underwhelming matches with unbelievable amounts of talent in them (Styles/Nak, Bryan/Shane v Owens/Zayn)

You have your most talented, stacked roster ever. Coming a day off your developmental's best show ever. With some of your most hyped matches (Styles/Nak) or moments (Bryan's return) ever. And it's weird to have all that and still be this underwhelming

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

CVagts posted:

Even if the crowd wasn't actively disinterested in Brock/Roman, the absurdity of the F5 kickouts would be way too much. They spend an entire year pushing that nobody kicks out of even one F5, and then they have Roman kick out of FIVE.

and he still lost

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

CVagts posted:

FIVE? Holy poo poo now I have to see this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

schweens posted:

I have a friend down in New Orleans that just texted me to say he took a piss next to Lawler and Nakamura

youre friends with aj styles????

:v:

• Locked thread