Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was gonna say Heel Nakamura might actually get him booked in some better matches but then I took a look at Smackdown's roster and yeesh is it shallow as gently caress face-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think that was the worst match ive ever seen aj styles be a part of (personally seen, so no tna whatsoever)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I hope this means Nakamura’s music will now be slowed down and played in a minor key

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I completely forgot about the Saudi Arabia rumble. ahahaha that poo poo came out of nowhere and I just immediately thought like of course Vince would do this. I was expecting some poo poo like dubai at least but nope

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/AitlarbiMariem/status/983219284368351232

:eyepop:

:dong:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

he died happy, at least

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dias posted:

I was gonna say Heel Nakamura might actually get him booked in some better matches but then I took a look at Smackdown's roster and yeesh is it shallow as gently caress face-wise.

AJ and Bryan are obvious gimmies. Uh... Orton and Roode? That's not terrible but not exciting either. Maybe they pull the trigger on Rusev? Maybe there's some callups or trades to compensate the KOSZ loss?

The most logical move on the roster seems like Roman going to SD to get a fresh start. But that's not exactly exciting for Heel Nakamura. At least no more than Orton and Roode.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

the idea of a roman/nakamura match actually kind of sickens me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Talk poo poo, get dicked

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm curious what it'd turn out like if nothing else.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

AJ and Bryan are obvious gimmies. Uh... Orton and Roode? That's not terrible but not exciting either. Maybe they pull the trigger on Rusev? Maybe there's some callups or trades to compensate the KOSZ loss?

The most logical move on the roster seems like Roman going to SD to get a fresh start. But that's not exactly exciting for Heel Nakamura. At least no more than Orton and Roode.

Yeah, it's legit an AJ rematch or the dream Bryan match right now as far as I care, barring a roster shakedown (or Cena popping up for a bit). I saw Nak/Roode already and it was very meh. Might as well just do the rematch and send him to Raw afterwards.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/983239365366288386

I had entirely forgotten about this, over the course of that sixty two hour lumbering mammoth of a show.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

FullMetalJackoff posted:

During Wrestlemania 17, I got a phone call from my boss telling me I had been canned. Without notice, after 2 years with good evaluations, as collateral damage from some interpersonal poo poo between others.

Wait, what? How the hell does THAT work?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/983239365366288386

I had entirely forgotten about this, over the course of that sixty two hour lumbering mammoth of a show.

Getting a new lease of life as a #WOKEN family member is probably best case scenario for Bray, and as someone that still thinks dude has potential, heck, I support it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

:capitalism:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Just finished the show. IC title, Charlotte/Asuka, and the Rousey matches were all aces. The Undertaker/Cena thing was good for what it was. Bryan looked great. Lots of big over the top entrances, which I love. And I kinda dug the main event. It was actually very similar to Brock and Roman’s first match, but the crowd was sick of Roman and they didn’t have an amazing Money in the Bank opportunity to bail them out. Still, Roman got the poo poo kicked out of him, and I respect the hell out of him for it. That said, I hope this means the end of his Jesus push, but I’m pretty sure he’s winning the belt on Raw tomorrow.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Goddamn I want Rusev in Japan so bad he's so good

Like Mania is the first time I've seen him work but I want more.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Cornwind Evil posted:

An old form of full-time casual employment, that only required 8 hours max notice either for employer or employee. You could say I was an.. independent (sub)contractor :razz:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Roman's story this whole past month was saying "Brock is a loving no-show bitch" and then getting his rear end kicked by Brock, but always with just enough BS that the idea was he'd win in a fair, real fight

then he gets his fair, real fight and Brock beats the loving piss out of him hahahahahahahahah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FullMetalJackoff posted:

An old form of full-time casual employment, that only required 8 hours max notice either for employer or employee. You could say I was an.. independent (sub)contractor :razz:

poo poo, I worked on a rolling temp contract for a couple of years when I was much younger and it was absolute dogshit (but I needed the money and experience). When I got proper full-time work, the old place was upset that I'd taken the job even though they'd kept insisting there was no way they could make my role permanent. Well too loving bad for them :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

Roman's story this whole past month was saying "Brock is a loving no-show bitch" and then getting his rear end kicked by Brock, but always with just enough BS that the idea was he'd win in a fair, real fight

then he gets his fair, real fight and Brock beats the loving piss out of him hahahahahahahahah

Plus both Heyman and VINCE straight up said,"Yeah you're good but you don't have that extra level of special that Brock has to justify his privileges" and then he goes to Wrestlemania and Brock proves them right, hahaha

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
never mind, makes so sense.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 9, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
If Vince didn’t think he was that guy then why the everliving gently caress did he spend four years trying to tell us he was that guy?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I have absolutely no idea what the main event was about. First half of the show was great but fuuuuuuck I gave up around hour 4.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nilbop posted:

If Vince didn’t think he was that guy then why the everliving gently caress did he spend four years trying to tell us he was that guy?!

that special vince stubbornness and that classic vince early sunday morning throw the script out and rewrite magic

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i wonder if the saudi gets to pick the finishes too with all the money they splashed on this

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Zyla posted:

i wonder if the saudi gets to pick the finishes too with all the money they splashed on this

Sami Zayn as Universal and WWE Champ!

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
This, I think, is the first WrestleMania I've ever said, "gently caress it, I'd rather be doing anything else but this," and then disappeared for half the show. Everything tonight was either a disappointment, confusing, or a joke gone too far.

Vince still owns 51% of the company, doesn't he? Cause goddamn it I really want him to be ousted right now. This is the night he truly lost it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jiro posted:

Sami Zayn as Universal and WWE Champ!

you might want to google saudi arabia's involvement with syria :x

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Mania was too long so I just keep remembering random stuff about it.

For instance, I'm still impressed at how well they smoke and mirrored the Ronda match, BTW. She's green as gently caress but it worked out fine.

On the other hand, poor Bayley. I hope she can Sami her heel turn even though she probably didn't need one if she didn't get booked like garbage. Also, it probably means Sasha is still face and bleh.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/FightSteenFight

:smith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
just woke up time to check the results and

oh hm must still be asleep this doesn't make much sense at all

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

just woke up time to check the results and

oh hm must still be asleep this doesn't make much sense at all

i watched it it didnt make sense as it was happening!!!

tho for a while i defended the asuka match

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i have to say tho, props to vince mcmahon for being that kid that destroys his toys the second his friend wants to play with one of them

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
My old lady and I both thought Rousey and Kurt vs Trips and Steph was awesome. Same with Bryan and Shane-O-Mac vs Steen-erico.

Here's why. This match had drama. Drama is what was lacking from virtually all of the other matches. The match had actual heels, being heelish, and two quality faces who sold and got fired up. All four participants have well defined personalities. Being able to create an emotional investment in people is so much more important than super-athleticism or impressive moves. Everyone else had tons of moves. Wowie-zowie look at those moves. Yet, Rhonda punching HHH was my biggest pop of the night.

I also liked Flair vs Asuka, even if the wrong one won.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 9, 2018

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well, I'm still blocked.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

God Of Paradise posted:

My old lady and I both thought Rousey and Kurt vs Trips and Steph was awesome. Same with Bryan and Shane-O-Mac vs Steen-erico.

Here's why. This match had drama. Drama is what was lacking from virtually all of the other matches. The match had actual heels, being heelish, and two quality faces who sold and got fired up. All four participants have well defined personalities. Being able to create an emotional investment in people is so much more important than super-athleticism or impressive moves. Everyone else had tons of moves. Wowie-zowie look at those moves. Yet, Rhonda punching HHH was my biggest pop of the night.

yep, agreedo

the story was lacking for most everything else

i think thats what really failed nak/styles the most. it felt more like a moves exhibition than a match, and if youre gonna do that you better do poo poo i havent seen before and they really didnt do anything there either.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Well, I'm still blocked.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Flair vs Asuka had good psychology, and Kama's an epic-beast of charisma when she's doesn't have a mic. The fact that they can tell an engrossing story in the ring makes the women's division my favorite part of the WWE currently.

Like, what the gently caress is wrong with this company? It's ROH from 10 years ago, only it's not good.

• Locked thread