Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deep Striker showed up today. That's... one hell of a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Beelerzebub posted:

OOC, what is a good way to apply the stickers in RG kits? They're so small.

i gave up on the tweezers (the decals are just too small) but now I just use my xacto blade. Just slide the blade under the decal, lift it out using the dull side, hold it down on the spot you want it with the xacto blade, and just push the decal down with your thumb into position, then slide the blade out

its kinda weird, i bought a good tweezer set for gunpla and never used them once i got comfortable with blades

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Taintrunner posted:

Deep Striker showed up today. That's... one hell of a box.

Same box as PG Unicorn, to be specific. :v:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blackchamber posted:

Yes and the GN-0000 00 is the "successor unit" to the 001. The Dark Matter is the only one in that family that looks good.

The exia/00 family has godlike designs you shut your heathen mouth.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

EVGA Longoria posted:

The Dark Matter took a great suit and made it edgelord AF.

On the one hand you're right, on the other hand it's so cool!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Dark Matter is unquestionably bad. Whether that means undesirable, Michael Jackson, or Powerglove is up to you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

The exia/00 family has godlike designs you shut your heathen mouth.

It's all been downhill since the initial Exia loadout where it had just the main flip-out sword :colbert:. Didn't need a shield and rifle, just a loving huge switch-blade to cut some motherfuckers with.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's all been downhill since the initial Exia loadout where it had just the main flip-out sword :colbert:. Didn't need a shield and rifle, just a loving huge switch-blade to cut some motherfuckers with.

One day build fighters will grace us with the GR-34-Ser armor pack.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
00Q > 0 > Exia > Astraea > Amazing Exia > Avalanche Exia > 00 Seven Swords > Astraea F > 00 > Dark Matter > 00 Raiser

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neurolimal posted:

One day build fighters will grace us with the GR-34-Ser armor pack.

I actually have no idea what that is, even with a quick google. That said, I am sad there's never been a Build Fighters custom Exia that has dual switch-blades.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While I think the exia is the best, I do love the quan[t].

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the best exia is the hobo cloak one

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hobo exia is definitely the best one, followed by the one with the switchblade rifle instead of the sword. I think all the 00 boys' robots get uglier as they upgrade, especially Tieria. At least Setsuna gets the 00Q which is super rad in the end.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

EthanSteele posted:

Hobo exia is definitely the best one, followed by the one with the switchblade rifle instead of the sword. I think all the 00 boys' robots get uglier as they upgrade, especially Tieria. At least Setsuna gets the 00Q which is super rad in the end.

And what the gently caress is up with the Nadleeh?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Solkanar512 posted:

And what the gently caress is up with the Nadleeh?

What, you don't like the Virtue stripping off and letting its hair out? :colbert:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I actually have no idea what that is, even with a quick google. That said, I am sad there's never been a Build Fighters custom Exia that has dual switch-blades.

(Greaser, give the exia a leather jacket and jeans)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What, you don't like the Virtue stripping off and letting its hair out? :colbert:

Hair? They look more like the dreadlocks of a white, pot smoking, college kid.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Solkanar512 posted:

"Oh no! You've revealed to everyone that your secret power is taking endlessly about Bob Marley!"

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

Wait, do you think dreadlocks aren't hair?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Droyer posted:

Wait, do you think dreadlocks aren't hair?

I do know it's hair, I was just clumsy with my wording.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

00Q > 0 > Exia > Astraea > Amazing Exia > Avalanche Exia > 00 Seven Swords > Astraea F > 00 > Dark Matter > 00 Raiser

On a similar note: Zaku II > all other mobile suits

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Zaku 2 is the best mecha design of all time.

Also I don't like the exia or the Gundam designs in oo because of how incongruous it is with the cooler looking mechwarrior style grunt suits. I get that the gundams are meant to be a giant leap forward over anything humanity has had before but I'd like to see a world where the Gundam design was evolved from the walking tank aesthetic rather than the "humanoid mobile weapon". Give me a Gundam that looks like japan put legs and a samurai helmet on an Abrams tank.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think zakus are dumb and ugly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

:getout:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've never seen any shows they're in. Maybe they're a "you had to be there" design?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Leo is the best grunt design.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Romes128 posted:

Leo is the best grunt design.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also I don't like the exia or the Gundam designs in oo because of how incongruous it is with the cooler looking mechwarrior style grunt suits. I get that the gundams are meant to be a giant leap forward over anything humanity has had before but I'd like to see a world where the Gundam design was evolved from the walking tank aesthetic rather than the "humanoid mobile weapon". Give me a Gundam that looks like japan put legs and a samurai helmet on an Abrams tank.

So, a Scopedog?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
GM.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also I don't like the exia or the Gundam designs in oo

:ughh:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So many terrible opinions flying around this thread today. Losing some respect.

Also, RX-178 is the best UC Gundam design, and I will throw down with anyone who tries to poo poo talk it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EVGA Longoria posted:

Also, RX-178 is the best UC Gundam design, and I will throw down with anyone who tries to poo poo talk it.

Blue or white?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EVGA Longoria posted:

You better start specifying which opinions are the terrible ones. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It doesn't even have funnel missiles, how can it be the best

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Blue or white?

AEUG.

Titan colors lose all detail. Might as well just drip blue ink on the screen. Only suit I like in those colors is Barzam.

TaurusOxford posted:

You better start specifying which opinions are the terrible ones. :colbert:

Not liking Zaku II, not liking Exia.

I'm torn on Leo vs Zaku II, both are valid opinions to hold. Don't ask me to choose.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria posted:

AEUG.

Titan colors lose all detail. Might as well just drip blue ink on the screen. Only suit I like in those colors is Barzam.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

EVGA Longoria posted:

AEUG.

Not liking Zaku II, not liking Exia.

I'm torn on Leo vs Zaku II, both are valid opinions to hold. Don't ask me to choose.

I'm not a massive fan of the RX-178, but that's a respectable favorite, though. Zaku II for me because it's the OG and I prefer 0079 to Wing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EVGA Longoria posted:

AEUG.

Titan colors lose all detail. Might as well just drip blue ink on the screen.

you all know he's right. You're just scared to admit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The Zaku 2 is dope as gently caress.
Honestly I think I have not seen a gundam show where I didn't like a single design from.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Where does this rank. :shepface: