Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeesGrandpa posted:

I'm moving into a place that has a costco about a third of a mile away. I've started going to the costco for single items as needed. It's delightfully decadent.

how is that possible?! don't you see other things you want? you must close your eyes or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeesGrandpa posted:

I'm moving into a place that has a costco about a third of a mile away. I've started going to the costco for single items as needed. It's delightfully decadent.

I'm in the same boat. I live a few miles away from Costco that is really never busy. The card checkers are always asking me if I need a cart when I just roll in there for some vodka and a dog.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went and got the essentials today (including my hotdog + soda (with refill))

Got some pollo asado to throw on the grill!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Protein shake chat:

They make great coffee creamers. Just slam down whatever you don't stick in your morning coffee.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to the 'co for some dog food.

Left with $150 worth of stuff because lol @ only buying one thing.

Got one of those pre-made Shepard's pie, so now we have dinner for two for three days.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I made a pilgrimage yesterday and one of the samples being given out was literally just a hunk of fried cheese. It was gobsmackingly delicious.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Midniter posted:

I made a pilgrimage yesterday and one of the samples being given out was literally just a hunk of fried cheese. It was gobsmackingly delicious.

That Mexican cheese? Yeah that’s a S tier sample

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Midniter posted:

When I went on Saturday there were no samples being given out.

It was one of my fastest and easiest trips to Costco ever, despite it being a weekend.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Protein shake chat:

They make great coffee creamers. Just slam down whatever you don't stick in your morning coffee.

Also good ice cream topping.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Got one of those pre-made Shepard's pie, so now we have dinner for two for three days.

that thing has approximately 10 billion calories

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
Ah yes let me count the calories of a shepherd's pie dinner.

You gently caress. You waste of a mouth.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Ah yes let me count the calories of a shepherd's pie dinner.

You gently caress. You waste of a mouth.

back down, the power of bulk savings is deforming your weak mortal brain

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

that thing has approximately 10 billion calories

I know but I choose to put my fingers in my ears and ignore this simple fact because it's really good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

I know but I choose to put my fingers in my ears and ignore this simple fact because it's really good.

same but for the foodcourt za

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

http://us.bibigo.com/products/135

these are really good

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The issue with those is that hot stone bibimbap is the best kind, and it's not something you can easily do at home.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

binge crotching posted:

The issue with those is that hot stone bibimbap is the best kind, and it's not something you can easily do at home.

the essential part of that is nurunji and that's actually trivial to do at home w/o the stone, just anything with direct heat

cleanup is a bitch

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

Protein bar chat:

Word on the street is that the Kirkland bars are getting an unadvertised $6 coupon, limit 6, starting Monday. Source is a midwest worker, YMMV.

Hell yeah, the coupon works on their 2-day shipping online grocery orders as well. Bought 3 boxes of these a few months back for slightly `healthier` snacks (as opposed to buying chips/crackers and grazing) and I was due for another re-up. Saved $18 buying 3 more boxes which felt really good. My family digs the brownie, cookie dough, and especially chocolate peanut butter ones. Another awesome snack they have online is their dried apricots, with nothing added to them. They are fantastic and I think I'm a month into the 3lb bag, close to half through, no texture or taste problems. PBUC.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I stopped at a rest area on my way home (safety, then savings!) from an out of town meeting to confirm the price was actually true. Then I picked up six boxes on my way home. Can't beat $11.99! Thankfully my store started carrying the new variety packs as well because those are amazing. I think nine boxes total is enough for now.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the shelf life on those protein bars? I hardly ever buy them because of the cost but that's a pretty good deal.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The official shelf life is 1 year, but that said, they are pretty low moisture bars and will last significantly longer than that although you will be able to taste the difference in freshness as time passes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I need that new ad book. Need it.

E: also tthinking about switching to protein bars for breakfast. Someone tell me this is a good idea

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

E: also tthinking about switching to protein bars for breakfast. Someone tell me this is a good idea

This is a good idea!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

off work today, made a run to the 'co with my mother-in-law

highlights: a shitload of peanuts for $5, jelly beans, an enormous cake for an office birthday party for $16, two great looking chuck roasts for $32, san marzano whole peeled tomatoes for $6, and two san marzano tomato pastes for $4

just trimmed all the fat off one of the chuck roasts and popped it into a sous vide bath

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's a good idea

I'll also eat some fruit for some extra sustenance a few hours later since it's really not a lot of food but all that protein helps me get going in the morning, and hard boiled eggs get real old real fast.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
the costco in gypsum, CO is amazing. I was one of maybe 10 customers in the whole store. I longingly gazed at about $5000 worth of poo poo in the center aisles before leaving with $20 in food. I also got two (2) dogs on the way out the door and now my blood tingles from all the sodium. I expect to start speaking in tongues at any moment

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mustached Demon posted:

Protein shake chat:

Truth.

You can also use the bagged whey mix, though that likely needs a premix with some milk or water before dumping coffee into it, unless you love lumps.

Protein bar + protein coffee should serve ya fine in the morning. Make a little cup of Coach's Oats to really fill you up if youre not carb sensitive

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I love the macros of the Kirkland protein bars, and the taste certainly isn’t offensive, but they never really sate me. I’m intrigued by the 10 carb bar that was mentioned up thread, I’ll have to give it a shot!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

However said to microwave the bars for a few seconds was spot on.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i have 3 words for you

kirkland chocolate almonds :getin:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Truth.

You can also use the bagged whey mix, though that likely needs a premix with some milk or water before dumping coffee into it, unless you love lumps.

Protein bar + protein coffee should serve ya fine in the morning. Make a little cup of Coach's Oats to really fill you up if youre not carb sensitive

Speaking of carbs: Chipotle black bean burgers. Darn good.

Is Costco optinum whey much cheaper than body building? I've been going there for years since we're near their warehouse and it's basically next day shipping regardless of how much I pay.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Dog postin :smuggo:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

you rang?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
oh,

the other kind of dog

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
poo poo that's a good deal. 21g protein for 60 cents a bar. I just bought two boxes to try all the flavors along with a rotisserie chicken, bag of avacados, blackberries and a bigass box of that Kodiak pancake mix. And a hotdog.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

costco chuck roast, 24 hours later:

chuck roast, 18 hours at 137, went in with just salt, finished with salt/pepper/garlic powder and seared in ghee

extensively trimmed the original roast and then tied it with twine

pretty incredible. tenderness of prime rib.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

chuck roast, 18 hours at 137, went in with just salt, finished with salt/pepper/garlic powder and seared in ghee

holy heck

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
sear not too thick but that's sv for you i guess

it good tho