Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Asked TheBaseRadio what their favorite youtube series from CIG is, past or present. I wasn't surprised to hear 10FtC unanimously. However I was surprised when Juntau blamed his fellow backers for the game being a piece of poo poo; "You folks that submitted questions for 10FtC are the reason why this game is in perpetual fuckin development"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Virtual Captain posted:

Asked TheBaseRadio what their favorite youtube series from CIG is, past or present. I wasn't surprised to hear 10FtC unanimously. However I was surprised when Juntau blamed his fellow backers for the game being a piece of poo poo; "You folks that submitted questions for 10FtC are the reason why this game is in perpetual fuckin development"

Ha ha ha. That is in no way a surprise, but it's funny none the less. Of course backers will blame other backers before they blame Christ Roberts.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Lladre posted:

I thought about mentioning that deformed rear end, but I didn't want people to think I was being hyper critical.

plus I like big buttes I cannot lie.

It did remain amazingly round throughout the entire climbing process. I wonder if CIG uses it to calibrate their instruments with?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

ManofManyAliases posted:

He'll post his tweet that links to the blog shortly. No worries.

Why you hatin on Del Boy ? You should be happy .
You have an enviable fleet , on par with top tier commandos. You have a nice belt. You have many aliases and you also work at a fortune 100 company

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EightAce posted:

Why you hatin on Del Boy ? You should be happy .
You have an enviable fleet , on par with top tier commandos. You have a nice belt. You have many aliases and you also work at a fortune 100 company

Oh come now, the bar is really set at Fortune 50 companies and everyone knows it!

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Drunk Theory posted:

Ha ha ha. That is in no way a surprise, but it's funny none the less. Of course backers will blame other backers before they blame Christ Roberts.

All you other kids, sending Santa Roberts stupid wishes - I hate you! You are the reason I'm not getting my chariot this year! :tizzy:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Kazan is my new favourite Citizen :allears:

Adopt him as the thread mascot of stupidity

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm not aware of any existing term. But I like the latin "ipse dixit" (He himself said it) so ipse-dixitism

This is the most accurate because it's the application of 'argumentum ad verecundiam'. It's like the first commandment in scientific study to _always_ question 'trust me', or 'that's the way that it is', because otherwise Dogma.

It's one of the first things that fundamentalists pick on, which is why you'll see them hitting a Darwin effigy when biological evolution has been confirmed and cross-confirmed *by entire new branches of science*; that science is as dogmatic as religion, because you're _taught things_ and forgetting the whole point that you can derive science from _experiments_ or _tests_.

You can't do that with faith, although it took a bunch of people being creatively mashed before we figured that one out.

It does actually kinda lead into transference, which is a concept I've been batting around for a short while. That could be more of an effortpost.

Butts! Butts! Butts! Butts! Buttes!

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 9, 2018

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That animation though. It's so good. Like after the guy mounts the wall he goes into a crouched run with his hands up in the air like he's holding an imaginary gun and runs full tilt into the wall.
Then the animations rubber band while it tries to figure out how to recover and turn him to the side.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wTqdDXplc&t=161s

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh come now, the bar is really set at Fortune 50 companies and everyone knows it!

Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Apple
Exxon Mobil
McKesson
UnitedHealth Group
CVS Health
General Motors
AT&T
Ford Motor
AmerisourceBergen
Amazon.com
General Electric
Verizon
Cardinal Health
Costco
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Kroger
Chevron
Fannie Mae
J.P. Morgan Chase
Express Scripts Holding
Home Depot
Boeing
Wells Fargo
Bank of America Corp.
Alphabet
Microsoft
Anthem
Citigroup
Comcast
IBM
State Farm Insurance Cos.
Phillips 66
Johnson & Johnson
Procter & Gamble
Valero Energy
Target
Freddie Mac
Lowe’s
Dell Technologies
MetLife
Aetna
PepsiCo
Archer Daniels Midland
UPS
Intel
Prudential Financial
Albertsons Cos.
United Technologies

I've turned down jobs at three of those.

Edit: Amazing how much healthcare is in there.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Have all the citizens who think CIG is breaking some kind of new animation ground never seen an Assassin's Creed game? Like even the first one? Sure your character might run up a wall repeatedly instead of JUST loving GOING OVER THERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE but it looked good doing it.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Hav posted:

Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Apple
Exxon Mobil
McKesson
UnitedHealth Group
CVS Health
General Motors
AT&T
Ford Motor
AmerisourceBergen
Amazon.com
General Electric
Verizon
Cardinal Health
Costco
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Kroger
Chevron
Fannie Mae
J.P. Morgan Chase
Express Scripts Holding
Home Depot
Boeing
Wells Fargo
Bank of America Corp.
Alphabet
Microsoft
Anthem
Citigroup
Comcast
IBM
Phillips 66
Johnson & Johnson
Procter & Gamble
Valero Energy
Target
Freddie Mac
Lowe’s
Dell Technologies
MetLife
Aetna
PepsiCo
Archer Daniels Midland
UPS
Intel
Prudential Financial
Albertsons Cos.
United Technologies

I was at GE-RESCOM during the roaring 90's. Only thing I brought from that experience was that the execs had unlimited expense accounts and the pretty exec. assistants amazingly became V.P.s of marketing and HR after interactions with said execs with unlimited expense accounts.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
If Star Citizen the experience* ever releases, it will simply be a series of immersion animations followed by cutscenes followed by more immersion animations followed by more cutscenes follwed by scrod. Press 'E' to fidelitiously flywatch spaceship.

*it's an experience because there is to game

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
I would like to see crobear in a t pose standing on a tiled moon with a big gently caress off seam where the normal doesn't match the diffuse

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcane posted:

Is there a blog where I could read about that, Dr. Smart?

Yeah, I pulled parts of that into Star Citizen - State Of The Farce which I wrote over the weekend and published earlier this morning. :allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, that Kazan fellow is Derek LASTNAME (he's on LinkedIn) btw. He's a moron. Which means Shitizen candidate. I blocked him on Twitter back in 2015.

https://twitter.com/Denidil/status/651088364062375936

No, I'm not Derek LASTNAME

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

----------------

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Hav posted:

Amazon.com

Guys, I think I figured out where Kazan is employed

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Warhawk109 posted:

Anything interesting happen in the past 800 pages or so? I’m having too much sex to keep up with the thread.

Your hands should be worn and tired by now if that's case.

----------------

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Is there a term to describe the way that appeals to authority almost always make you seem less credible rather than more when made online?

Er, appeal to authority by definition makes you seem less credible ('cuz you got nothing) . There is no need to add an extra term.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Oh look it's Derek Smart doxxing people in the Star Citizen thread again.

Paging ArfJason, ArfJason to the thread please.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Apple
Exxon Mobil
McKesson
UnitedHealth Group
CVS Health
General Motors
AT&T
Ford Motor
AmerisourceBergen
Amazon.com
General Electric
Verizon
Cardinal Health
Costco
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Kroger
Chevron
Fannie Mae
J.P. Morgan Chase
Express Scripts Holding
Home Depot
Boeing
Wells Fargo
Bank of America Corp.
Alphabet
Microsoft
Anthem
Citigroup
Comcast
IBM
Phillips 66
Johnson & Johnson
Procter & Gamble
Valero Energy
Target
Freddie Mac
Lowe’s
Dell Technologies
MetLife
Aetna
PepsiCo
Archer Daniels Midland
UPS
Intel
Prudential Financial
Albertsons Cos.
United Technologies

.....Auditors :argh:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

EightAce posted:

Chris dyed his hair on Saturday

Don't you mean "make that pixel hair blue brown" ?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, that Kazan fellow is (he's on LinkedIn) btw. He's a moron. Which means Shitizen etc

Who?

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

big nipples big life posted:

Have all the citizens who think CIG is breaking some kind of new animation ground never seen an Assassin's Creed game? Like even the first one? Sure your character might run up a wall repeatedly instead of JUST loving GOING OVER THERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE but it looked good doing it.
There's probably a decent element of this among more than a few citizens. If the last games you've seriously played are from the pixel art days of the late 90's or early to mid 2000s, then CIG's crap looks impressively nice by comparison.

I mention this because I sort of fall into that category. I've only recently started to play stuff like Portal/Portal 2 and Borderlands (which are now themselves somewhat old), and it all looks super nice to me when I'm used to playing on portable systems like the DS/3DS.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mangoose posted:

Guys, I think I figured out where Kazan is employed

If that's true, then I have the deepest sympathies; Amazon create tech debt every second of every day.

big nipples big life posted:

Oh look it's Derek Smart doxxing people in the Star Citizen thread again.

Paging ArfJason, ArfJason to the thread please.

'Ello 'Ello Hwat do we 'ave 'ere then? Miscreants outing people on social media?

Aren't you a tinker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

I was at GE-RESCOM during the roaring 90's. Only thing I brought from that experience was that the execs had unlimited expense accounts and the pretty exec. assistants amazingly became V.P.s of marketing and HR after interactions with said execs with unlimited expense accounts.

Yeah. Our execs get to float around New York and Sunnyvale and occasionally talk about expansion and rotors and daily uniques and the rest of us are standing around the metaphorical whale carcass stuffed in one corner of a datacenter scratching our heads on what to do with it. Fortune 500 just means that the scale of fuckups is larger and spread over timezones.

Smart money so far is in walking away and loudly proclaiming that any rumors of a dead whale are scurrilous untruths, but we have a suspicion that someone is going to come down and invoke the incantation that has ruined many a weekend;

"revenue generating"

edit: Meeting on the whale concluded. We don't need any more people to help it along, and it should have become a lot less messy in another six months. Hurrah!

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 9, 2018

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Forgot to post this but I started to suspect a sale from this fabrication guy in March.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWPL4RRGB5c

quote:

Dunno if this is just a community project but I wouldn't put it past Chris to try selling more hardware.
Called it :smuggo:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Virtual Captain posted:

Forgot to post this but I started to suspect a sale from this fabrication guy in March.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWPL4RRGB5c

Called it :smuggo:

How many fans can you fit inside it? Asking for a lunatic.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Dooguk posted:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

OMG that's my favourite number!

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Dooguk posted:

You can fit lemon-lime sherbet number of fans into this fine case, my good lunatic...er, my good man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So, uh, just so we're clear: It is not okay to post random reddit dudes' full names or links to their linkedin account or poo poo.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

So, uh, just so we're clear: It is not okay to post random reddit dudes' full names or links to their linkedin account or poo poo.

You guys can't do anything longer than a 6er right. Because as amusing as Smart is, this shits getting a little old.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What about if it's not random, what if it's target?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Really surprised derek hasn't been perma'd by now

He has had like 10 second chances with the doxing thing

I mean if he actually contributed breaking news to the thread I could see wanting to keep him around, but he's just rehashed the same crap going on 2 years now

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

EightAce posted:

I would like to see crobear in a t pose standing on a tiled moon with a big gently caress off seam where the normal doesn't match the diffuse

That is a very specific kink you have there commando

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Blue On Blue posted:

Really surprised derek hasn't been perma'd by now

He has had like 10 second chances with the doxing thing

I mean if he actually contributed breaking news to the thread I could see wanting to keep him around, but he's just rehashed the same crap going on 2 years now

the amount of avatar changes he inspires is probably singlehandedly keeping lowtax's back in traction

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

You guys can't do anything longer than a 6er right. Because as amusing as Smart is, this shits getting a little old.

Further mod actions have to be submitted and approved by admins, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Someone creative should make a 'doxxed by derek' gangtag to go with the smarties & blocked buddies ones