Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You probably won’t hit 20 without just waiting for the daily’s to pop back up. Just give it a day or two, kinda sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

XP gained is equal to energy spent so there's no real way to speed up level gains past doing all the dailies and spending money on energy refreshes. I think.

Level 25 matters more that 20 too, since you can actually enter raids which are all alliances give you right now besides having goons to talk to.

Also fwiw if you have a level 40 or 50 raid there's no reason not to join even if you don't actually do anything; they both seat 24 so you're not taking up a slot and you get rewards just by being there.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 9, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, my big problem with Crossbones is that I don't feel comfortable actually using him as a tank. I almost never use his taunt because I want to make sure he's around for his nuke.

He pairs great with Luke Cage for this reason. Xbones pops taunt, then LC pops defense up on him... THEN Luke taunts the following turn, so your opponent's only chance to actually kill cross bones is in the opening salvo and praying they can get over the top while he's got def up.

I run them both with Cap for even more meat shield fuckery.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 9, 2018

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Uh, before I ask support about it about it did someone deliberately set all I Am Goon alliance chat to be filtered?

Actually someone else open a ticket, I've already opened like three and I don't want to be marked a problem child.

fwiw-

Ticket one, asking about opening a level 35 raid while one was still open. Reply was that they couldn't duplicate. Since then I've noticed the option only appears sometimes -- normally if you have one open there isn't one available in the list of new ones, but it still pops up on occasion. I guess you're not intended to have two 35's open.

Ticket two, complained that I crashed mid-mission and lost raid energy. They refunded 10,

Ticket three, complained that I crashed mid-mission and lost raid energy. They refunded a full 50 and told me to reinstall.

I won't open another one about raid energy for a while at least because I assume at some point they'll just tell me to screw off. Both losses and crashes were legit but I have no idea if they can actually see evidence on their end.

E: alliance chat thing is happening to everyone.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 9, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is why discord is the place to be. And you should be in it anyway because you play all the other Marvel games with us too!!!!!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So does the level 25 raid only hold 3 people? I can't seem to get in on today's run.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zotix posted:

So does the level 25 raid only hold 3 people? I can't seem to get in on today's run.

Correct.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Does the rest of the guild get any reward or just those that participated?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Dumb question: I want to link Facebook to get the free Daredevil, but I mostly have professional contacts on there and don't want the game to spam my or their walls... I just wanted to make sure that if i link it it won't post stupid poo poo to anyone's walls?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Dumb question: I want to link Facebook to get the free Daredevil, but I mostly have professional contacts on there and don't want the game to spam my or their walls... I just wanted to make sure that if i link it it won't post stupid poo poo to anyone's walls?

No stupid poo poo gets posted. You’re fine.

Zotix posted:

Just those who partake.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Diabetic, please add Catman’s Shameful Secret as an available guild too.

Looks like we are onto our 5th anyway.

Added!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Zotix posted:

Technically everyone because of the alliance milestones, but those are cranked out at a much lower rate than the participation rewards.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Apparently I was in the 11%-25% bracket for the Yondu Blitz and got enough shards to get the blue space dad rolling and boy howdy is he rad

That aoe loving overrules evade, holy poo poo

JamesJBuffalkill
Sep 14, 2004
A Textbook for an SA Account. I'm Sold!
Applying to GLGS as Buffalkiller

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HebrewMagic posted:

Apparently I was in the 11%-25% bracket for the Yondu Blitz and got enough shards to get the blue space dad rolling and boy howdy is he rad

That aoe loving overrules evade, holy poo poo

My biggest surprise has been finding out that the dudes he summons are actually really good and do a lot of damage and/or healing, on top of tanking a couple of hits for you.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Blue dad is amazing. All in.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
There was a problem with GLGS’ emails regarding requests to join the alliance (because what isn’t buggy right now), but after putting in a ticket I think they someone app side addressed it. I just accepted 5 or 6 people into the alliance, so hopefully everyone who has applied up until now is in. Sorry if there was any delay.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Oh hey Black Panther shards for the next blitz!

*checks the rewards*

:suicide:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hebrons, I started a lvl 40 raid. Let’s get to 30% at least. Let it ride!!!!

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Sinistral posted:

Oh hey Black Panther shards for the next blitz!

*checks the rewards*

:suicide:

Yeah wtf you need to get in the top 100 to get more than one shard? That's wakanda unfair

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
just applied to a few goon groups as Jubelio please let me spend my raid energy!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So who designed the main bad guy for this? Did they rifle through Liefeld's sketchbook while he was on the can or what

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gnome de plume posted:

So who designed the main bad guy for this? Did they rifle through Liefeld's sketchbook while he was on the can or what

hes an existing, obscure villain, so they were able to basically do whatever they want with him since nobody cares about him

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ard-Con_(Earth-616)

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Nobody should ever get Daredevil shards over Quake/Drax shards. Gamora fulfills the same role as Daredevil and you can get her fast with all the Blitz milestones rewards. Quake/Drax/Daredevil need Arena credits which are much harder to get and Quake is absolutely amazing for what she can do. 2 turn Slow meaning you'll always go before the enemy, a special that clears buffs, and an ultimate that hits everyone and gives Offense-. Drax is great for protecting your guys from turn 1 killers, he can take a lot of punishment, and you'll use him in the Cosmic campaign as well. Daredevil is just there for the early Heroic missions and as Raid/Blitz fodder.

Nebula looks good with max skills but that's a lot of investment for basically a pure attacker. If built right she can be really annoying with the constant Evades and Counters but it's not like she'll singlehandedly win a fight for you like Crossbones/Quake.

Right now my Arena team is Yondu, Crossbones, Quake, Gamora, and Winter Soldier. There's enough burst damage from Winter and Gamora to take out anyone really dangerous fast, and good AOE damage from Yondu, Quake, and Crossbones.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Nebula seems like a reasonably smart farm just because what are your other options for a third cosmic with Yondu and Gamora, really?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Sent a request to great lakes goon squad from modusoperandi

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looking at it, the options for Cosmic shard farming (pre-Cosmic campaign) are Gamora (Nexus 2-9), Korath the Pursuer (Villains 5-9), Kree Cyborg (Nexus 3-6), Kree Reaper (Heroes 5-6), Nebula (Heroes 4-9 and Nexus 1-3), Ravager Bruiser (Heroes 4-6), and Yondu (Heroes 1-9 and Nexus 6-9).

Kree Noble is farmable but not until Cosmic which sort of defeats the purpose of farming for the Cosmic campaign.

Drax is limited to the Arena Store, Kree Royal Guard and Ravager Boomer are limited to the Blitz Store, and Thor, Ronan, Kree Oracle, and Ravager Stitcher are all limited to the Alliance Raid Store.
(Rocket Raccoon and Ultimus are only in Ultimus Orbs outside of Rocket's event that not every account has gotten)

Drax, Gamora, Nebula, and Yondu are probably the ones to shoot for in a reasonable timeframe, with probably Ravager Bruiser or Korath filling in the fifth slot while working on Thor if you haven't pulled any other cosmics by then.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Was the rocket event expired or something or do you have to do something to get it?

Edit: also do you just wait for guaranteed Thor tokens to cycle into the arena or buy the random box. The random box seems like a suckers bet.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 10, 2018

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This was the support response during soft launch and as far as I can tell it's still holding up post-hard launch.

Either your account gets the Rocket event or it doesn't. But hey, if you don't you might get, like, a paid offers package that the Rocket event-having accounts don't get! Or maybe they do, too!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We got 2 additional goon MSF guilds on another discord:

Goon Squad
Goon Registration Act

Feel free to apply, I believe they both have room.

Here's the discord we're using:
https://discord.gg/vBmUtjN

This is primarly the goon SWGOH discord, so just @me on there and I'll take you with the msf role.

Can you add the above to the OP?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Little late reply but I created a throwaway email and facebook account for things like this, keeps my personal account clean but can still get the game goodies.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I got an offer for 45 Yondu shards for $30, which is a little odd given the blitz just finished and that's not even enough to 2->3* him.

Future fight ruined me a little; all I want is a ~$5 package that gives an extra ~50 cores a day for a month. I also know from the first day Captain America offer that I don't want to pay more than 10 cents per shard. I might never whale. :shrug:

I am writing this here in preparation to quote myself on page 200 alongside a wheelbarrow of ash that used to contain money.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hogama posted:

This was the support response during soft launch and as far as I can tell it's still holding up post-hard launch.

Either your account gets the Rocket event or it doesn't. But hey, if you don't you might get, like, a paid offers package that the Rocket event-having accounts don't get! Or maybe they do, too!

Wow gently caress that. I seriously considered buying the cap package just as a support thing but that sounds dumb as hell.

I too got the yondu pack as an offer for 40 bucks cdn.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
the cap pack was the only one so far that is "worth it".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

My hard limit on this stuff is 5 bucks, I don’t know why people pay 30 for a character unlock that will be real hard to upgrade without more mountains of money.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

My hard limit on this stuff is 5 bucks, I don’t know why people pay 30 for a character unlock that will be real hard to upgrade without more mountains of money.

Yeah for sure. I can't imagine paying for those other packs. They seem kinda ridiculously priced but such is the way of mobile f2p.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

Ticket one, asking about opening a level 35 raid while one was still open. Reply was that they couldn't duplicate. Since then I've noticed the option only appears sometimes -- normally if you have one open there isn't one available in the list of new ones, but it still pops up on occasion. I guess you're not intended to have two 35's open.

If I remember right this is related to completion percentage, once the raid is nearly complete (66%?) you can open a new one. Think it only applies to the 35 raids though, certainly can't do it with 50s.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The cap pack is decent and can really help you for a while. The Yondu one ( which I just got) is ridiculously over priced.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Does anyone have a list handy of the characters with AOE abilities that are ready on turn 1? Punisher, Hand Archer, one of the SHIELD minions are the three I know of but I think there's a few more.

Edit nm I went through the list myself:

Hand Archer
Hydra Rifle Trooper
Iron Man
Punisher
SHIELD Assault

I thought there was one more but I don't see it, maybe the last slot on a Punisher+minion aoe team is just a cleave instead of a full aoe?

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Rolling

Punisher
Quake
JJones
Davebo
Crossbones