Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Somehow? That sounds standard to me.

Also jokes aside Mira is my favorite defender. There are some spots I know she is pretty useless but anytime plane shows up it's Mira time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the Midseason Reinforcements coming?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

ZeusCannon posted:

Also jokes aside Mira is my favorite defender. There are some spots I know she is pretty useless but anytime plane shows up it's Mira time.

mira is always a good pick imo. even if your team isn't coordinating reinforcements properly or some tryhard thinks they can backseat drive you, you can always just roam with her - which is both fun and also burns many seconds off the clock when attackers stumble into a strange setup that they're not used to encountering.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Thief posted:

mira is always a good pick imo. even if your team isn't coordinating reinforcements properly or some tryhard thinks they can backseat drive you, you can always just roam with her - which is both fun and also burns many seconds off the clock when attackers stumble into a strange setup that they're not used to encountering.

House is about the only place I just can't figure out a fun place to use her mirrors short of on the stairwells. Dual shotguns on that map are fun though.

Edit: The office maybe, people forget that poo poo's over there a lot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kixstar had some video on the new map where you mira and castle somewhere wierd off point and the attackers pretty much get choked through your medieval kill zone if they come from one direction and if not you can flank around behind them.

I think about that alot when I am making GBS threads up the game with my supremely sub optimal mira placements

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Can glaz shoot through miras?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

no

but if you see an unreinforced one and they haven't spotted you yet you can throw a smoke on it and usually cheese a kneecap kill on whoever is hiding behind it thinking someone is trying to breach the wall

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Anyone care to give some mira tips? I've recently picked up the game, and I've been finding her to be a lot of fun.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Put them on unreinforced walls at crouch level.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they double as shields when you do that and will often make op4 plink at it which exposes their position

you'll eventually have an ash or zofia gunning for you but its not like you have to hug the wall. if you treat black mirrors like they are expendable and abandon them to disengage to rotate the moment you're getting run over they'll usually sit there taking pot shots at the thing while you get a flanking shot on them.

also people hate this but don't be afraid to put them at weird angles and open them up whenever. the audio que tends to get attackers attention and they are really good distractions when you don't need them to anchor.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Communist Q posted:

Anyone care to give some mira tips? I've recently picked up the game, and I've been finding her to be a lot of fun.
Use Mirrors as an intel tool rather than a kill-hole. You can shoot around them to make kill holes on unreinforced walls, or placing them on reinforced walls to use as intel tools. Pre-fire people as you peak and her Vector just headshots people all day. She's super fun to play and to learn, hands down my favourite operator.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hi, it's me, i am the dummy who bought the starter edition. Only ops I outright bought were the Canadians and German task force resulting in a price point comparable to regular edition on sale. I think I unlocked some other buddies via the season 2 pass credits meaning I've spent close to a full retail standard price on the game. But it's so definitely worth it to me, I love this game with 190 hours played since November.

Even still I iterate that anyone interested should definitely buy the regular edition!!! Unlocking new ops can be a chore which I personally didn't mind but considering that the renown spent on ops can be spent on cosmetics/lootboxes instead it's a losing deal. Especially since these days regular edition starter characters are all unlocked from the get go.

This driveby confessional/PSA post is brought to you by following sponsors:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
As for actual thread content: I never play Mira without carrying her sidearm shotgun. It's just so versatile: as both breaching tool as well as capping fools. You can create killzones by reinforcing a section of wall and popping a hole next to it, even without spending mirrors. Mirrors are worth it to create spyholes out of reinforced rooms but not really useful as kill holes themselves. Busting them open takes too long meaning you'll probably miss your chance to shoot someone. Oh, and they're also gone forever after you open them so now you have extra ventilation to your murderbox and soon your dumdum face also.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
e: Wrong Thread

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

jyrque posted:

As for actual thread content: I never play Mira without carrying her sidearm shotgun. It's just so versatile: as both breaching tool as well as capping fools. You can create killzones by reinforcing a section of wall and popping a hole next to it, even without spending mirrors. Mirrors are worth it to create spyholes out of reinforced rooms but not really useful as kill holes themselves. Busting them open takes too long meaning you'll probably miss your chance to shoot someone. Oh, and they're also gone forever after you open them so now you have extra ventilation to your murderbox and soon your dumdum face also.

Double Shotgun is the real fun Mira gimmick, the primary shotgun will even help you at a distance, if you remember that, for some reason, ADS while using a shotgun will extend your range and tighten the spread. It's also why you should never ADS when blasting holes in walls, it takes longer that way. But a lmao2shot build is for people who anchor on point (and therefore not for every point), while the Vector Mira can cover site approaches and entry points better. You will encounter more people on full health, while on point you might encounter more damaged people, which is when shotgun shines.

Plus - the primary shotgun has the absolute best victory pose so if you manage to snag the MVP spot while running it you instantly win at life.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/alexandre_remy/status/977310265191682053

Interesting article, glad we don't have any OP operators anymore!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I love this stupid game

https://streamable.com/94iof
https://streamable.com/p0u9l
https://streamable.com/8w9s3
https://streamable.com/4zhbh
https://streamable.com/z70tz

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

jyrque posted:

I've started popping mirrors on non-reinforced walls so I can surprise spray people I see. Especially if I put it at crouch height so I can just quickly stand up and shoot.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I haven’t played in 6 months and wasn’t very good to begin with but I managed to surprise kill 2 people through a wall with Mira’s shotgun yesterday in my first game back and I probably should have signed off and quit then. I’m afraid I’m going to spend the rest of my life chasing that high again.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lol not unless you're REAL bad at video games

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Daric posted:

I haven’t played in 6 months and wasn’t very good to begin with but I managed to surprise kill 2 people through a wall with Mira’s shotgun yesterday in my first game back and I probably should have signed off and quit then. I’m afraid I’m going to spend the rest of my life chasing that high again.

Nah it'll happen again. Even stuff like that can happen pretty consistently if enemy teams move the right way and you position your self appropriately. I've gotten a bunch of surprise wall kills in the last couple months just being in the right place and thinking "hey I bet I could get a good angle if I sledge/breach/shotgun/impact right here"

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Jetamo posted:

I've started popping mirrors on non-reinforced walls so I can surprise spray people I see. Especially if I put it at crouch height so I can just quickly stand up and shoot.

Gave this a try when I played just now and it seems like a success. Not a lot of people seem to expect mirrors in unreinforced walls which leaves them guessing. With two shotguns it's also really easy to move around the map.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I guess you'll need that mobility when you need your speed 1 character to shoot someone across a room.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I aim my shotguns behind me and firing wantonly propel forward at blazing 2 pip operator speed

jyrque fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 9, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i always just used her pistol as the secondary if i had the primary shotgun because unless you're on a map like House it can be very difficult to close the gap

but dual shotguns is one of the funniest things in the game

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/8azfhm/i_told_you_it_would_work/?st=jfsw8few&sh=49d3b8e5

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The quality of life difference between 3 speed and 1 speed and how little 3 armor and 1 armor matters most of the time, this is one of those foundational aspects of the game that Ubi really should figure out how to address.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/983388016063516672

:bisonyes:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Perfect in every way.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It hurts to buy cosmetics in video games, but it's great to know I'll probably make people mad just by using it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Infected posted:

The quality of life difference between 3 speed and 1 speed and how little 3 armor and 1 armor matters most of the time, this is one of those foundational aspects of the game that Ubi really should figure out how to address.

They need to lower 3sp movespeed by 10% and raise 1sp by the same, which will have the added benefit of letting their netcode cope with the existence of Ash.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It hurts to buy cosmetics in video games, but it's great to know I'll probably make people mad just by using it.

It is the one I want to buy as well given how mad it makes some people. Oh no, she is wearing a tracksuit super untactical and unrealistic; in the game with loving nanobots, thermal scopes that can delineate friend/foe, etc.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we know if/when those LMG buffs are going through?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Do we know if/when those LMG buffs are going through?

Together with the next season (if ever).

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

unlawfulsoup posted:

It is the one I want to buy as well given how mad it makes some people. Oh no, she is wearing a tracksuit super untactical and unrealistic; in the game with loving nanobots, thermal scopes that can delineate friend/foe, etc.

It's not realism that gets me, it's just that it doesn't fit her usual style at all. Her default outfit is goofy enough, between the jeans, sweater, and pink sneakers. Heck, I'd take pajamas with an ammo belt strapped on over this flat green bore of an outfit.

Maybe I just don't like tracksuits.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Where is my pink onesie skin for Mira and tactical speedos for Jackal?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Where is my pink onesie skin for Mira and tactical speedos for Jackal?

I want this look http://whiteboysinsalmonshorts.tumblr.com/ for lesion. Must have boat shoes too.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
r6s gets a little weird when it's 10 minutes before maintenance

https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeIntelligentTarsierWholeWheat

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I can't believe they didn't make IQ's outfit a more Trinity from the Matrix look; that would have been dope as hell and actually fit the character's ability of being a cyberwarrior. Or at least some kind of 90s hacker poo poo, there's an entire movie of that aesthetic to draw from. Instead we got dumb 80s workout gear which frankly I saw enough of in the 80s and doesn't really tie into the character at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It was the 80s official workout gear of the GSG9. It's still military themed, unlike some gimmicky cyberwarrior getup. Hence why Valkyrie is a war photographer.