Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dosdude1 is completely insane but bless him for making the sierra and high sierra upgrade tool for unsupported macs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

the end result isn't something anyone should actually use but it's still a neat thing that was probably fun to get working

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hobbesmaster posted:

the re-balling process

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Plorkyeran posted:

the end result isn't something anyone should actually use but it's still a neat thing that was probably fun to get working

the cpu jiggling is actually pretty cool

my comment was on the touchscreen gimmick clickbait

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/983321215732535297?s=21

red iPhone 8, with black front glass this time. Still no SE2 timb what is the holdup?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

red iPhone 8, with black front glass this time. Still no SE2 timb what is the holdup?

gross

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Scott Forstall posted:

timb gets all his product ideas from bono

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ugly iphone 8 design + ugly shade of red which doesnt go well with the black front = aids wins this round

poty fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 9, 2018

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
At first I thought that the (PRODUCT) parenthetical was inserted by some tech blogger, but that seems not to be the case. Wow.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fiedler posted:

At first I thought that the (PRODUCT) parenthetical was inserted by some tech blogger, but that seems not to be the case. Wow.

it's been a think since like 2005 how are you just hearing about it now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tbf it is a very dated sort of typography, like having an iphone 8 //NO FEAR// edition

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
I'm a shut-in with little understanding or knowledge of what happens in the real world. But that should be obvious given that I post here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its for bono and AIDS or something hth

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/videogameczar/status/983097062375022592

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

....when was that ever the case

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cheap rear end apple clones

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Scott Forstall posted:

plot twist: the SE2 will only be released in the pro-bono edition

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you guys are like macrumors posters, hanging on to a rumor someone made up and getting mad when it doesn’t happen.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
nah we just want apple to make another good phone that normal people can conveniently use one handed

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

The Management posted:

you guys are like macrumors posters, hanging on to a rumor someone made up and getting mad when it doesn’t happen.

The Management posted:

it just needs to run macOS and be easily upgradable.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Endless Mike posted:

....when was that ever the case

apple 2 vs (non-clone) IBM PC, probably

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

owned

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Soricidus posted:

nah we just want apple to make another good phone that normal people can conveniently use one handed

Sony Xperia Compact series

Remember, stebe wanted the Mac OS to run on Sony hardware

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

tbf there's never been a rumour that they were going to make another usable mac pro. that's just pure blue-sky thinking on our part

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

"compact"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

the post you quoted says “normal people”

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still holding out hope for an iPhone with a physical keyboard, removable battery, and SD slot.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Kobayashi posted:

Still holding out hope for an iPhone with a physical keyboard, removable battery, and SD slot.

with an hdmi plug and adobe flash support

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

isn't that thing still as big as the iphone 8?

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

"5.0" 18:9 Full HD+ HDR display" lmao get outta here with that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My Xperia z5c has a 4.6 inch 720p screen and is only marginally larger than an iPhone 4. I dunno about the new models but if the smallest one now is 5 inches that's weak.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

look at this sick burn from the replies
https://twitter.com/Manelic72/status/983370809057202176

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

there was a minor news story in Canada because treasured national fast food chain Tim Hortons fell from 4th to 48th place in a yearly survey ranking Canadians' favourability to brands, after a number of franchise owners including the heirs to Horton himself went on the news and complained very entitledly about having to pay their peons slightly more money and retaliated by cutting their already meagre benefits

what was particularly interesting to me though was that Google took number 1, Samsung and Sony are in the top 5 and Apple is #49 lol

Samsung does what iPhwon't

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lmao canada

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i once owned a samsung monitor that had a very loose power plug. my parents bought a samsung tv that developed a weird green blob in the corner of the screen. after those 2 experiences, i swore off samsung products

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Jimmy Carter posted:

hope the webdevs of the world can handle the future
https://twitter.com/rmondello/status/943545865204989953
hello 2017, this is kicking my rear end rn. super dumb when platform developers assume that every problem has a "best practice" solution

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

THC posted:

there was a minor news story in Canada because treasured national fast food chain Tim Hortons fell from 4th to 48th place in a yearly survey ranking Canadians' favourability to brands, after a number of franchise owners including the heirs to Horton himself went on the news and complained very entitledly about having to pay their peons slightly more money and retaliated by cutting their already meagre benefits

what was particularly interesting to me though was that Google took number 1, Samsung and Sony are in the top 5 and Apple is #49 lol

Samsung does what iPhwon't

never forgive, never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

*spends literally days janitoring windows 10 telemetry that then gets reset on update* oh, right