Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Discendo Vox posted:

has anyone said "bonecoin, the crypt-o-currency"?

Albinocoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/NeerajKA/status/983325958215208960

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
pitbull more like pitcoin

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

...! posted:

pitbull more like pitcoin

just this whole thread

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/982710495030497280

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
the new @bitcoin twitter has already got itself suspended

oh, and 5W PR has dumped Bitfinex. ron torossian finally found a company so lovely that even he wouldn't represent it.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Boxturret posted:

it was such a good defence: a french man living in japan managed to target frosty rossy while he was pirating an episode of the dailyshow and inject a program into the file that placed incriminating chat logs, diaries, and spreadsheets all over his computer

actually, it was the colbert report.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

Norwegian bitcoingruve: First they doubled the prices - now they have turned off the machines
The digital mining companies are struggling with the fall in the crypto market, and the digital mining industry bitcoing mine has now turned off all of its customers' mining machines that extract bitcoin.

"Someone may have noticed that there was no payment yesterday. The reason for this is that operating costs have exceeded the amount recovered. That is, our operating costs take 100% of the recovered currency."

This is how the digital mining industry's letter starts at the end of last week.

What the company thinks is that it is no longer profitable enough to extract bitcoin. It's so unprofitable that all the money the customers earn comes into the pocket of the company that drives the machines for them.

The company has a business concept that drives the bitcoin recovery to its customers - they also take a piece of cake itself.

This autumn, the Digital Mine Industry reported that they experienced a huge hit on the customer side, where they sold machines for the extraction of bitcoin to NOK 31,250 per piece.

BITCOIN MINES CHANGED THE CONDITIONS AFTER PRICE RACE: - I FEEL CHEATED

Before Easter, the company changed the price terms for operating the machines they sold their customers, and the service thus became twice as expensive. Now they have gone one step further: Turned off the machines.

In the mail to the customers, the company writes the following:

"We have therefore chosen to pause all machines until it becomes more profitable. If you want to keep your computer (s) on and 'gamble' that profitability will be in the near future, you can also send us an email about this. We hope and expect this to be a short-term measure and your machine is up to running again in a short time. "

One of the customers whom E24 has talked to is very frustrated after putting thousands of dollars into the company's services.

- I feel fooled by the company. They sold this concept by taking 30 percent of the bitcoins that were extracted, regardless of whether the price went up or down. They can not just change the agreement that was entered into, says the student who is not a student, and who does not want his name related to the cryptovaluta.

Stop responding to customers

The same customer has repeatedly tried to get in touch with the company, but says he does not come through by telephone or mail.

On the Facebook page of the company, customers write that they are unable to get in touch with employees in the Digital Mine Industry.

CEO of the company Woldmo stated to E24 before Easter that he thinks they have everything right when they change the terms of price and operation.

"We have checked this legally and a change of contractual terms is within," said Woldmo to E24 in mid-March.

The Consumer Council, on the other hand, believes that the company can not change the price without having set this as a condition.

- If you have entered into an agreement, it is not possible to change the price if it is not agreed in advance. You will be informed when you enter into the agreement. If you do not have the person you buy the service from, you can set a price change, then he or she may have a problem, "says Communications Skipper Martin Skaug Halsos.

He says customers should complain the company to the council.

- In the terms of sale to digitalgruve.no it is said that the customer is to be considered a consumer and that one can complain under the Consumer Buying Act. We therefore recommend people to complain to digitalgruve.no to get a solution.

Digital Mine Industry has not responded to E24's inquiries.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

would love to see this plotted against the derivative of the price

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

no see this is a good thing and not a sign of the end times because it means bitcoins are now easier for everyone else to get :)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I like this chart because it's giving you the middle finger.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Magrov posted:

the student who is not a student

Has anyone solved this riddle yet?

E: noo, my avatar from Seraph!

Buttcoin purse fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 10, 2018

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

when is a student not a student?

when its ajar!!

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I was just reading the thread I'm too young to remember the dotcom crash; how did that go down? (trigger warning for Pick thread) and it made me realize that divabot's article Debunking “But Bitcoin is like the early Internet!” is :wrong:

Okay, the turn of the century wasn't exactly "early Internet", but it was a while ago, and at that time the Internet consisted of lots of business plans based on unrealistic schedules, impossible promises, assumptions of infinite exponential growth, and fraud, and therefore lots of companies disappeared without ever having delivered what they promised, taking investor money with them.

That sounds exactly like cryptocurrencies to me!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

when is a student not a student?

when its ajar!!

ajar? I 'ardly know'er!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
asynchronous javascript and rtf

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Buttcoin purse posted:

I was just reading the thread I'm too young to remember the dotcom crash; how did that go down? (trigger warning for Pick thread) and it made me realize that divabot's article Debunking “But Bitcoin is like the early Internet!” is :wrong:

Okay, the turn of the century wasn't exactly "early Internet", but it was a while ago, and at that time the Internet consisted of lots of business plans based on unrealistic schedules, impossible promises, assumptions of infinite exponential growth, and fraud, and therefore lots of companies disappeared without ever having delivered what they promised, taking investor money with them.

the bitcoiners are saying that bitcoin is the internet itself, or amazon

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

more like fuckin dumb coin

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Boxturret posted:

And the Internet was surrounded by a lot of retarded ideas back then that people were throwing huge amounts of money at, so they're correct in that regard aren't they? In my analogy, the altcoins and ICOs are the retarded ideas. The difference being that bitcoin is actually also a retarded idea, but the Internet isn't despite being the downfall of humanity.

Okay the Internet is still like that but not as bad as during the dot com era.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

pitbull is the best

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Buttcoin purse posted:

speculative bubbles are self similar

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Magrov posted:

Digital Mine Industry has not responded to E24's inquiries. 

gently caress you, got digital mine

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
"magic the gathering online exchange"

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

mojo1701a posted:

Now, he's trying to get me go to in on something called Raven Coin. Always knew it was just a matter of time.

as someone incapable of forgetting useless things the funniest bit is that it's all based on the premise that raven are trusted messengers of truth in asoif. one of the first things to happen in the story is lysa arryn's deceitful letter to ned stark, which leads directly to the war of five kings. one bad actor on the birdchain and it all goes to poo poo.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

TasogareNoKagi posted:

speculative bubbles are self similar

Sounds like something from my book on set theory. QED

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we don't go to raven coin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

yes we do

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

wait i got it: ravenhodlm

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Oprah + Pitbull 2020 would have my vote

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
an actual pit bull would have my vote at this point

...!
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

an actual pit bull would have my vote at this point

:wrong:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
sirius xm has a pitbull channel and i've never scrolled so fast past anything in my life

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you can't tell that seadragon who they can and can't vote for. its a free country! like ross!!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Boxturret posted:

i don't think that mr. purse was being entirely sincere in calling it ":wrong:"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:yosbutt:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

jimmyjams posted:

"magic the gathering online exchange"

very important: it's an exchange for magic the gathering online, not an online exchange for magic the gathering.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
thats so raven coin

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

[–]master_mister8619 9 points 7 hours ago 

Mathematically, playing a lottery is the same as paying for an insurance. In both cases, you bet on something very unlikely to happen.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hi i maxed out several credit cards and used up all my student loan money and savings buying insurance ama

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

hi i maxed out several credit cards and used up all my student loan money and savings buying insurance ama

how much for a hand beezy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i just totalled my car. cha-ching, GEICO is mooning!

been HODLing AETNA for years, i hope i fall gravely ill soon

• Locked thread