Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

The Doxxtor is out

edit: this shitpost made it to the top of the page, and now all will look upon my shame??? fugg

appeasement tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Xarbala posted:

never trust anyone who only posts in the star citizer thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Xarbala posted:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ahmini posted:

It's worth remembering that one of MoMa's first actions on arriving here was to look up Derek's parking tickets or something similar

Somewhat ironically the only reason he really got away with that was cause Derek was the moderator, and instead of just probating him Derek wanted to dox him back instead. This is also why Derek stopped being the moderator for this forum.

This was really never going to end any other way.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Peter.Quint posted:

I've never been dishonest on this forum and and I won't be now: I genuinely liked the warlord. I joined when drunk just to say what a bunch of cunts you guys were to him.

It could all be a big joke and I'm just showing myself up as the tool I am. That's the best case scenario.

Otherwise, Beet, you're a decent guy, what happened?

Hi friend, thanks for asking. Basically, you're super not allowed to do this:

A good rule of thumb is "If someone's real name isn't widely known, don't post it." There's a bit of a grey area when it comes to like public figures and whatever (which this guy is not) and there will definitely be some argument over whether this is or is not doxxing, but Derek's crossed the line so many times in the past he no longer gets to have the benefit of the doubt. He knows better.

Toops posted:

Beet I love you dude but stop huffing your farts so hard.

Yeah my bad that one's on me. I was trying to be like... diplomatic or whatever because last time Derek got banned half the thread melted down, but it just came off super douchey. Also apparently by the time you get to strike three nobody gives a poo poo any more lol

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 10, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Needs a little "-MOONS" thought bubble imo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Coke machines everywhere will be draped in black today.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone just start up a Mirificus type bot that posts Derek's Twitter feed

it'll be like he never left

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

IcarusUpHigh posted:

This thread has no purpose now.

SA was mocking Star Citizen years before Derek Smart got involved. Threads doing so date back to the kickstarter.

Whether or not there is enough content to justify this CNN style 24 hour news thread that is scraping the earths outer core for content is another subject but Derek didn't contribute any so it doesn't matter.

Edit: I don't know why we are acting like he is actually permanently going to be prevented from posting here. The dude is petty enough he will bribe Lowtax with like $5,000 or something because he suffered the indignity of a permaban he doesn't agree with and people are making fun of him while he can't respond. This thread is main source for actual Star Citizen news on the entire internet that countless people read and he sees himself as the key to everything so he won't be able to deal with not posting here.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 10, 2018

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Coke machines everywhere will be draped in black today.
It'll go down in the history books as the Great Coke Machine Massacre of '18.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VictorianQueerLit posted:

SA was mocking Star Citizen years before Derek Smart got involved. Threads doing so date back to the kickstarter.

Whether or not there is enough content to justify this CNN style 24 hour news thread that is scraping the earths outer core for content is another subject but Derek didn't contribute any so it doesn't matter.

Edit: I don't know why we are acting like he is actually permanently going to be prevented from posting here. The dude is petty enough he will bribe Lowtax with like $5,000 or something because he suffered the indignity of a permaban he doesn't agree with and people are making fun of him while he can't respond. This thread is main source for actual Star Citizen news on the entire internet that countless people read and he sees himself as the key to everything so he won't be able to deal with not posting here.

or new forums poster OldSchoolCommando will make suspiciously familiar posts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0iJDA7_lY&t=41s

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

nah I think Derek has a certain quiet dignity about him and ultimately realizes this is for the best. he probably wishes us well and hopes we all continue to have fun without him

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

:agreed:

I don't come to this thread for Derek's hot takes - I come here for the rest of the community. There are many gifted posters here who are a joy to read. If I want to know Derek's take I can get it on his Discord, Twitter, his blog, or just read any given post on Spectrum that comes up when I search his name. I can open multiple tabs on my nifty new 2018 browser. (But I won't.)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

D_Smart posted:

(that's him in the wheelchair)

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Xarbala posted:

Derek's coming back, man. He told me in a dream.

This is just filler drama for the thread until the next Skadden event.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hell yes!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The real question is if he called his ban ahead of time.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Reading back, this made me lol

Renegret posted:

can we just permaban derek

Renegret is mafia, I vote all townies kill Renegret tonight

My findings can be summarized as such:

D_Smart posted:

I totally don't know what I did, nor did I see it coming. But I'm OK with it because I got a good lol out of it. :grin:

Derek Smart has fallen in the field, slain by his own hallmark techniques of warlording. His 'goonarmy' within his mind could not protect him from his own efforts, through skulduggery or virtue, not even a private discord whispering in his ear could educate or sway him. A power vacuum emerges as the true heroes of the court set out to do battle now...and I am glad of it. I spake of this scene some time ago, this battlefield just got a great deal clearer to the eye...if less clamorous to the ear. He built this place from the beginning with his pal Richard, yet while he spoke of boosting signals he ignored the foundation of something awful...the internet makes you stupid

Rest in Pepperoni

I now know how Hunter S Thompson felt when Nixon died

I am very smart

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

To be honest I was getting tired of his Dr. Derek and Mr. Smart routine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Now he has more time to work on that 100% guaranteed legal action blog so we can finally see those financials.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"An account, an account, my blogdom for an account!"

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Drunk Theory posted:

Ahh yes, but while 3.1.2 didn't add mining, it did add logging.

It did even add lolling.

Ah, I beg your pardon, lolling has been in for a while now.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

big nipples big life posted:

or new forums poster OldSchoolCommando will make suspiciously familiar posts.

The last thing you want to be doing right now is doxxing/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nyast posted:

It did even add lolling.

Ah, I beg your pardon, lolling has been in for a while now.

your avatar is the best

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Haha amazing. :argh:

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

On a scale between 0 and full implementation of bind culling, how important do you think that really is?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Catches up with thread.
Derek is perma-ed.
Many questions arise from this.

1. Who is the thread gonna eat without Derek around?

2. What is MoMA's purpose, now?

3. Who wants to take up the mantle of " They are hosed", now?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dogeh posted:

Catches up with thread.
Derek is perma-ed.
Many questions arise from this.

1. Who is the thread gonna eat without Derek around?

2. What is MoMA's purpose, now?

3. Who wants to take up the mantle of " They are hosed", now?

We'll find out in ... two weeks

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Goosfraba posted:

To be honest I was getting tired of his Dr. Derek and Mr. Smart routine.

:nsavince:

And that makes me think of the "Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether" song. From Robert Palmer to The Alan Parsons Project, this thread is giving me the weirdest loving earworms.

Ave atque vale, imperator.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This is how I feel right now

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

:five:

Actually watching this and pgabz' avatar together is mesmerizing.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I came here not to praise him, but to bury him

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That's what happens when you take the space bulldozer by the horns.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's what happens when you take the space bulldozer by the horns.

Is this the new 'stranger in the alps' for 'i'm permabanned user derekdoxxer69'

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dr. Smart did nothing wrong.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Zzr posted:

Dr. Smart did nothing wrong.

In this exact moment you have a choice, a question of survival, one I have already made as I come towards you with all the fire and fury to quash the yellow turban rebellion

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Peter.Quint posted:

On a scale between 0 and full implementation of bind culling, how important do you think that really is?

- moons

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Mr.Tophat posted:

In this exact moment you have a choice, a question of survival, one I have already made as I come towards you with all the fire and fury to quash the yellow turban rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuIzSDaA5I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Peter.Quint posted:

Since it was in response to people saying that there is no reason for this thread or Star Citizen mockery to be on Something Awful if Derek Smart isn't a part of it I'd say it's a pretty relevant point that it was happening here for years before he got involved.

If you want to believe his hype about how he is Star Citizen that's fine but it's demonstrably not true. Dudes a funny chapter midway through the book, not the author or the subject.