Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Do you think anybody’s ever told him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The more I look at that picture the more delighted I am
Dude has Emotions Hair and is carrying himself like he’s posing for a post-grunge 2002 rock band

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i love the bit where Andrew and Stephen are explaining DeviantArt to Eric

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

precision posted:

i love the bit where Andrew and Stephen are explaining DeviantArt to Eric

a delightful return of 'bend over and I'll show ya' too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
eric's confused "how would they even meet?"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Calaveron posted:

The more I look at that picture the more delighted I am
Dude has Emotions Hair and is carrying himself like he’s posing for a post-grunge 2002 rock band

I beg to differ (though nice ref on the emotions hair); to me he looks one pair of sunglasses away from a Nintendo "Play It Loud" commercial from 1996

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Just gave the Batman v Superman episode another listen. The ad at the begining is for Harry's razors and the joke is about how Henry Cavill likes to shave so much the studio has to add hair in post.

That joke aged amazingly well

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
That Shrek episode is now in my top 10 WHMs. I don't think they're overstating their dislike for Shrek, I felt the same way

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Okay, upon revisiting Taking Lives, the mail-away art school/Turtle Sutherland riff is like, top-three WHM gags for me. It even gets a callback in Con Air.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I think that, beside their commentaries, this was their longest episode ever. 1hr55m.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

My favourite part of the Taking Lives episode is Andrew's story about when he was working in the movie theater and Vanilla Sky was playing and the actress said something like, "I swallowed your cum!" and there was an awkward moment between Andrew and too moviegoers.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DoubleCakes posted:

My favourite part of the Taking Lives episode is Andrew's story about when he was working in the movie theater and Vanilla Sky was playing and the actress said something like, "I swallowed your cum!" and there was an awkward moment between Andrew and too moviegoers.

Yeah, Vanilla Sky was a really weird loving movie.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

Okay, upon revisiting Taking Lives, the mail-away art school/Turtle Sutherland riff is like, top-three WHM gags for me. It even gets a callback in Con Air.

I think that's one of a handful of WHM gags to literally, no exaggerating, make me cry with laughter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hockles posted:

I think that, beside their commentaries, this was their longest episode ever. 1hr55m.

Batman v superman

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Vanilla Sky was a really weird loving movie.

"I swallowed your cum! THAT MEANS SOMETHING!"

It's a great movie and that's a great line.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I will never tire of their impression of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. It is so god drat funny.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

clown shoes posted:

I will never tire of their impression of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. It is so god drat funny.

I agree that they need to be devil backboned

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman v superman

Longer than Star Wars!

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon kind of came up in a recent episode. That's an Animation Damnation stay tuned for sure. It ran for two seasons and 26 episodes from '85 to '86. None of the wrestlers did their own voices. A young Brad Garrett voiced Hulk Hogan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wasn't there also a cartoon that was basically just Hulk Hogan driving around in the Bigfoot monster truck?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jesus, no more Tim Allen movies or Andrew will pop a blood vessel

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Christmas with the Kranks this December, I guarantee it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BigglesSWE posted:

:hmmyes:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BigglesSWE posted:

I loving hate this movie. And I love some pretty lovely Christmas movies. It's really hard to get me to not like a Christmas movie. And I loving hate this movie.

edit: I'd rather watch some Hallmark Channel Original Christmas movie where Danica McKeller becomes a princess or something (pretty sure there is more than one of these) than Christmas With the Kranks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I loving hate this movie. And I love some pretty lovely Christmas movies. It's really hard to get me to not like a Christmas movie. And I loving hate this movie.

Sadly my mom likes it, and I had to sit through it a couple years ago, I wanted to die. I don't even understand what the "Christmas message" is for this movie. It's basically lovely people being extra lovely because Tim Allen doesn't want to decorate for Christmas this year, then he has a change of heart at the last minute so the other lovely people get slightly less lovely, pull together and redecorate. Then there's a burglar for no reason.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Sadly my mom likes it, and I had to sit through it a couple years ago, I wanted to die. I don't even understand what the "Christmas message" is for this movie. It's basically lovely people being extra lovely because Tim Allen doesn't want to decorate for Christmas this year, then he has a change of heart at the last minute so the other lovely people get slightly less lovely, pull together and redecorate. Then there's a burglar for no reason.

And then he's lovely to everyone who came together and helped, but we're supposed to be okay with it because he's suddenly nice to his one neighbor that didn't help because the wife is dying or something.

Also, Santa is skinny and clean shaven and drives a lovely car because it's just. so. zany.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

And then he's lovely to everyone who came together and helped, but we're supposed to be okay with it because he's suddenly nice to his one neighbor that didn't help because the wife is dying or something.

Also, Santa is skinny and clean shaven and drives a lovely car because it's just. so. zany.

I forgot about the neighbor having cancer, that was some plot armor, because in theory Dan Akryod should have been lovely to them too.

Such a bad, bad movie. I remember one Christmas my parents had that book on tape, but I just listened to Alice in Chains' Dirt on my CD player instead.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So in short, if they don't do it this christmas, I'll call it in for Listener's Request Month.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
my family went to go see Wild Hogs in theaters and my grandpa had a heart attack halfway through

Well, that's my story

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Low Desert Punk posted:

my family went to go see Wild Hogs in theaters and my grandpa had a heart attack halfway through

Well, that's my story

That sounds like the intended purpose of movies like that, to be honest

Drag your old relatives to them on the promise of other old people and hope the sensory overload makes their pumper pop

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I remember seeing Wild Hogs on TV and the part that stuck to me the most is when Ray Liotta's dad gives a lecture to him and his gang on the Heart of the Cards/Reason for the Season or whatever the hell about being a biker. Some yuppy poo poo about the open road and whatever sales people at the Harley dealership get mid life crises to fork over their money.

All I could think was Ray Liotta saying, "No dad, we deal drugs and kill people." And he's killing his own dad along with the wild hogs. All of them are in a hole in the desert dead by blunt trauma from chains and head stomping in the theater of the mind for me.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Christmas With The Kranks is one of those movies that's cheap to license for broadcast so every Christmas season you get to see it on TV all the time and since you're stuck at your brother's or aunt's house and they don't have Netflix what else are you gonna do but watch it after all someone else has already claimed the remote.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Could do without the ad for dick pills.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That sounds like the intended purpose of movies like that, to be honest

Drag your old relatives to them on the promise of other old people and hope the sensory overload makes their pumper pop

Then they become Soylent Green?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

BTW; Jungle 2 Jungle on Patreon? gently caress to the yes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Then they become Soylent Green?

Well hopefully, yeah, either way they sure as hell aren't your problem anymore

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
To clarify, my grandpa didn't die

I mean hes dead now, but not because of Wild Hogs

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You should just pretend it was the reason.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TBF Wild Hogs probably didn’t help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Fart City makes an excellent point.