Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

What you're looking for is "lil". As in "Lil Bow Wow".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
And also the runner-up of Survivor Pearl Islands

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lelandjs posted:

What you're looking for is "lil". As in "Lil Bow Wow".

No he was pretty close. It was "Lih-ULL."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I say it too. It's English, we northerns butchered the language proper. gently caress the queen.

we say kettle the same way "Boil dur KehULL luv"

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 9, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Based on his part on Arrow/LoT and his natural affinity for comedy, I'd say he was born to play Ted Kord/Blue Beetle.

This is all I think about with him. Such a missed opportunity!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mu Zeta posted:

The British performed Hamilton and it's pretty dang good. They ennunciate the words much more and the production seems way slicker, maybe a little too slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ECzlMYRKLg

lmao, I had to turn it off because their american accents were killing me

esperterra posted:

It always bummed me that Routh's career bombed out with Returns, he wasn't the problem with that movie (which I kinda love tbh it just makes a few ... choices). People never seemed to give him the time of day 'til he stole every scene of Scott Pilgrim he was in, I can't think of anything movie roles he was in between that and Returns. I think he did a fair bit of TV spots for a while? I know he was on like Gilmore Girls and other poo poo, but that was even before Returns.

He was on Chuck for a couple seasons. Hey guys, remember Chuck?

He was also in that Dylan Dog movie that nobody saw, including me.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 9, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

This is all I think about with him. Such a missed opportunity!

It's clearly what they originally had planned.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I met a British dude yesterday and he somehow managed to say the word "little" without the "TT" sounds.

i just realized i do this

LI' 'EL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

i just realized i do this

LI' 'EL

Ha!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it's a Southern thing, something I picked up when I lived in Knoxville. It's similar but not quite the same as "lil" because it has the stop in it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2012-05-08

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

esperterra posted:

Man sometimes I like to just think about how good the dreams in The Sopranos were.

Hahah I enjoyed reading the AvClubs review of the season 2 finale: "tony gets the flu and fever dreams big pussy is a talking fish and decides he is a mole. This is all well and good in a post Sopranos world but when this originally aired this was loving wild crazy poo poo."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

lmao, I had to turn it off because their american accents were killing me

Oh wow, you weren't kidding. I know the original is hard to beat but those accents don't work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IRQ posted:

Oh wow, you weren't kidding. I know the original is hard to beat but those accents don't work.

Yeah, that was just kind of painful to listen to. Very "spoken word" and awkward instead of actual song.

Of course I'm a big fan of the original so take it whatever grain of salt. But considering the case for it is "they enunciate better"... yeah, take it however you want.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh my god those British Hamilton accents are SO BAD you guys weren't kidding

jesus christ this sounds like middle school theater

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

feedmyleg posted:

While Cavill was born to play Superman, Routh was born to play Kent.

Cavill who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmzEFcBf52o&t=18s

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that was just kind of painful to listen to. Very "spoken word" and awkward instead of actual song.

Of course I'm a big fan of the original so take it whatever grain of salt. But considering the case for it is "they enunciate better"... yeah, take it however you want.

I'm not sure I think you can really do a hip hop musical about the American founding fathers with a bunch of Brits trying not to sound like Downton abbey extras by talking with a stiff upper lip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tiny Superman looks like a dude cosplaying compared to Cavill.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cavill looks like a ridiculous roided-out meatstick from American Gladiators.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

That's just slightly hotter, slightly creepier Dean Cain.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Anyone watching THE CROSSING, FROM THE PRODUCERS OF LOST on ABC? seems pretty bad only 1.5 episodes in. I'm predicting FALLING SKIES levels of bad or, heaven forbid, UNDER THE DOME.

edit: Actually I liked FALLING SKIES for the first couple of seasons. Never finished that or under the dome, come to think of it

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 10, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just The 4400 again

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I never finished THE 4400 either. I should probably just bail on this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's also sort of the Goobacks South Park episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

The British performed Hamilton and it's pretty dang good. They ennunciate the words much more and the production seems way slicker, maybe a little too slick.

This is like watching a high school performance actually. Very unimpressive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's actually cool and good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, Bob's Burgers had a soccer episode with the voice of Melissa and a Brendon Small cameo. So bittersweet.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

X-O posted:

This is like watching a high school performance actually. Very unimpressive.

some of them are fine and the guy playing Hamilton is really pretty but every single time the guy playing Burr says a word like a theater teacher trying to teach mumble mouthed high schoolers how to E-Nun-See-Ate it makes me cringe a little.

it does lose a little bit being so particular with the words. Some of the rhyme schemes actually benefit from being a little less precious with the pronunciations, especially that second clause sung by Ponytail Guy (Laurens). The way the OG broadway actor sang it, "father" and "farther" sounded almost like the same word and it linked the two "father"s with the rest of what he said, when you really go after that "r" in "farther" it disconnects it.

(I have lots of thoughts about Hamilton. I got to see it on Broadway with the original cast because I'm a huge Lin-Manuel fan and it was slightly underwhelming but still impressive, and I also want a big budget version because I think blowing out the budgets with period sets and trappings would really make it sing, no pun intended. I also have fan casting of incredibly famous rappers who I think should be in it if you didn't go the RENT route and cast the original cast. Beyonce has to be Angelica because I need to hear her sing Satisfied, and Chuck D ought to be George Washington.)

edit: because i am exactly the right kind of nerdy, here is my stupid fantasy casting for a Hamilton movie with a bajillion dollar casting budget:

Hamilton: Kanye West
Burr: Drake
Angelica: Beyonce Knowles
Eliza: Alicia Keys
Washington: Chuck D
Lafayette: Childish Gambino
Hercules: Tyler the Creator
Laurens: Kid CuDi
Jefferson: Andre 3000
Madison: Big Boi
Philip: Chance the Rapper
Samuel Seabury: Bruno Mars
Peggy: Ariana Grande
Maria Reynolds: Janelle Monae
King George: Justin Timberlake

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 10, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Good list. I think Kanye West should be King George though. Killer Mike for Hercules Mulligan. Maybe Kendrick Lamar for Hamilton.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mu Zeta posted:

Good list. I think Kanye West should be King George though. Killer Mike for Hercules Mulligan. Maybe Kendrick Lamar for Hamilton.

I really like the joke of George being the only white guy in the cast, and the part really does require a singer, which Kanye isn't. The other two are real good though.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

The big surprise is that Hamilton borrows from Joe Tex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeXp2ACRn4g

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Both the Broadway and West End versions of Hamilton are totally cool and great.

Although I personally don’t like lispy Burr in the West End version and am astounded he won the Olivier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you can't make Washington Chuck D and not make Jefferson Flavor Flav, come on

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Slamhound posted:

The big surprise is that Hamilton borrows from Joe Tex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeXp2ACRn4g

It's a shame that the second season of Feud will be about Prince Charles and Diana because Joe Tex and James Brown (Chadwick Boseman could even reprise his role and everything) would be a lot more entertaining.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

esperterra posted:

It always bummed me that Routh's career bombed out with Returns, he wasn't the problem with that movie (which I kinda love tbh it just makes a few ... choices). People never seemed to give him the time of day 'til he stole every scene of Scott Pilgrim he was in, I can't think of anything movie roles he was in between that and Returns. I think he did a fair bit of TV spots for a while? I know he was on like Gilmore Girls and other poo poo, but that was even before Returns.

I'm glad things seem to be turning around for him, I think he has a lot more range than people give him credit for, especially as a comedic actor. I don't watch any of the CW hero shows but it seems like a good fit for him.

Routh was fantastic in Dylan Dog and, managed to hold up against Peter Stormare which is not the easiest thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

I never finished THE 4400 either. I should probably just bail on this

That's okay, they never finished it either.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been rewatching Westworld season 1. It turns out it doesn’t really make any more sense when you already know what’s coming.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

Been rewatching Westworld season 1. It turns out it doesn’t really make any more sense when you already know what’s coming.

I still don't know what the hell happened in the finale/back end of that season.

I think I read something that said multiple timelines but.. what? I'd say I should watch it again but honestly I'm not sure that would help.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's not that complicated. Part of the story was taking place in the past. That's it. It was just an unlabeled flashback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

same dude

Also the show is incredibly boring and doesn't look that expensive. Looks like another of those hollywood accounting scams. Carnivale and Deadwood look better IMO.