Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was the greatest sentai fight I've ever witnessed in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elentor posted:

That was the greatest sentai fight I've ever witnessed in my life.

We need GIFs so fuckin bad right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure Norah is fairly normal now. With the next season probably going to be all magical, they'll have reasons to contact her later.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Well, at least there was ONE good wrestling match this week.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This fight was everything I ever wanted and never knew and more.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Is it sad or appropriate that the CGI for Phallus was better than the CGI for Steppenwolf in the JL movie?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
SO hey I know we already added Constantine and Ava to the main cast list, but can we please also add Adam Tsekhman? He was the absolute MVP of the season.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Senerio posted:

SO hey I know we already added Constantine and Ava to the main cast list, but can we please also add Adam Tsekhman? He was the absolute MVP of the season.

He's obviously going to be Constantine's stand-in.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

also I love how the idea someone pitched earlier in the thread happened anyway, where they Gozer'd up the final fight!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 10, 2018

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I was kinda thinking they would give the fire totem to Jax.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

More Gary is always appreciated, yes. I'd love to see them do a Time Bureau-centric episode at some point just to show what kind of wacky poo poo they get up to on a daily basis.

I just hope that when they go back to Zambesi to pick Amaya up again for Season 4 that the excuse they use is as blatant and hilarious as the one from this year.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything Mick should be the permanent Fire Totem wearer, he's the only one who has an actual emotional connection to an element, being a psychotic pyromaniac.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

also I love how the idea someone pitched earlier in the thread happened anyway, where they Gozer'd up the final fight!

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it's gonna end with ... a Ghostbusters thing where Mallus manifests as gets wrecked by a giant evil Beebo because Nate and Ray are is a loving dumbass manchildren at heart.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

I just hope that when they go back to Zambesi to pick Amaya up again for Season 4 that the excuse they use is as blatant and hilarious as the one from this year.

"hey amaya wanna punch some dragons and poo poo?"
"hell yeah"

there, that's the pitch

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Only 2 seconds of Gary was definitely the weak link of the finale.

Also, Helen of Troy Themyscira should be recurring next season because the10 seconds of Wonder Woman we got was pretty good.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 10, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Whoever makes some GIFs of the season can I request Damien asking if they were serious about the plan from the John Noble episode?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh, the person in front of me to meet Routh said that it must have been cool to be able to work with his wife all year and he sort of made it sound like it wasn't over!
I want a scene of her explaining how dad changed the family name to "Darhk" because he didn't think anybody would be scared of a guy named Zatara.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was such a goddamn great season finale, good lord.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caity Lotz is mad flexible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9MdWZFiBA/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

Is it sad or appropriate that the CGI for Phallus was better than the CGI for Steppenwolf in the JL movie?

Hahaha it definitely wasn't. Steppenwolf(and some BP cgi shots) looked bad but it was still way better than Mollusk. Whatever they spent all their money on for the finale, it wasn't for cgi.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hahaha it definitely wasn't. Steppenwolf(and some BP cgi shots) looked bad but it was still way better than Mollusk. Whatever they spent all their money on for the finale, it wasn't for cgi.

You can have a bajillion extras and fan favourite guest stars, or you can have a good CGI monster that no one gives a poo poo about. Take your pick.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Looks like they called in every period costume in Canada.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

You can have a bajillion extras and fan favourite guest stars, or you can have a good CGI monster that no one gives a poo poo about. Take your pick.

Should have just had Mallus 2.0 be Damien Dhark with face lines instead of a really bad cgi fight scene. Then get someone to dress up in Beebo suit and fight him with a miniature city as their arena.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Dead Like Rev posted:

Can we raise more attention to the wonder that was Gary in Constantine costume like he’s some sort of groupie?

He looked downright presidential!

What a great episode. I hope they find a way to bring back Damien next season.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Jesus Christ. This is the only show on TV that could have gotten away with a giant furry blue Elmo being the deus ex machina.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

High-as-gently caress Nate was awesome. Western Wally was awesome. Sarah clearly still a little drunk through most of the episode was awesome.

Mollusk suplexing Beebo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LongDarkNight posted:

Mollusk suplexing Beebo.

It’s Mallisk :mad:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Crisis on Earth X is still probably the best example of how great the CW shows can be, but this was definitely a close 2nd. It just kept getting crazier and crazier and better and better.

In any other show, having Helen of Troy show up having been trained by the Amazons (and speaking in Gal Gadot's accent to boot) would have been enough. Not for Legends, though, not even close.

I'm torn between my favorite scene being the fleshy mass of limbs they created with the totems or Beebo exploding into a heart shaped cloud of fur. Although Constantine showing up with a freakin dragon's head in Aruba is a dang good teaser for next season.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I've got money on the next big bad being Trigon.

Hoping to see Raven in Season 4 maybe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alter Ego posted:

I've got money on the next big bad being Trigon.

Hoping to see Raven in Season 4 maybe.

Do you like throwing money away? She's on the Titans show that is unconnected to the CW series.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yea wheres the love for that body horror monstrosity they birthed. I expected beebo more than I expected that.

but also beebo. I can't believe they really did it, and it was pretty drat good CGI. Reminder that the CW shows create 14-20 hours of content with like a quarter the budget of a single DC movie.

I thought beebo was a seperate creature they created but they were all riding along inside like megazord. this is canon.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bring back old gbs posted:

Yea wheres the love for that body horror monstrosity they birthed. I expected beebo more than I expected that.

but also beebo. I can't believe they really did it, and it was pretty drat good CGI. Reminder that the CW shows create 14-20 hours of content with like a quarter the budget of a single DC movie.

I thought beebo was a seperate creature they created but they were all riding along inside like megazord. this is canon.

They should have cut to a shot of them all sitting inside Beebo's head controlling him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress IGN.

This is the right review.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/i-have-seen-the-face-of-god-and-it-was-legends-of-tomo-1825142026

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That woman is brilliant.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

High-as-gently caress Nate was awesome. Western Wally was awesome. Sarah clearly still a little drunk through most of the episode was awesome.

Does this mean Beebo was drunk AND high during the fight?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

BreakAtmo posted:

Yes, on love.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BreakAtmo posted:

I hope not, that poo poo don't mix well.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Getting Nate high is rarely a bad strategic move in the long run, and also Beebo really was the God of War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I hope not, that poo poo don't mix well.

But Beebo powered through it! That's how you know he's the one true God!

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 10, 2018