Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Quicksilver6 posted:

I guess Tie Tuesday hates this game which is a shame. I have no idea what he didn't like but it would have been nice to have some streamer praise.

He came in wanting to hate it it felt like, pretty much right out the gate it was him and some other dudes griping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

That sounds about right. A lot of the old lp turned streamer crew seem to do that more and more. Even Slowbeef.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Phone acting up, but the Survive reddit has patch notes. Good chunk of QOL changes, a clear list of what equipment drops from where and so on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here you are:

Chapter select is a really great inclusion. No more reasons to start a whole new save file!

edit: And here's the massive list of recipes and where to find them, choo choo cha-boogie choo choo cha-boogie

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 10, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks Jacobs. :)

Don't do extreme unless you're expecting to use a lot of resources. gently caress me.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
These new special quivers require a lot of parts from one specific rare wolf. :thunk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They changed the tactical heavy weapon on event missions.... :haw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

poptart_fairy posted:

They changed the tactical heavy weapon on event missions.... :haw:

As someone who can't play right now, what is it?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

As someone who can't play right now, what is it?

Motherfucking Shagohod rolls up on the airstrip.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's great, and also what I expected! I'm really looking forward to destroying my co-op partners' defenses with it!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think they changed the THW so it no longer damages friendly structures. Still knocks your rear end down, mind.

Also I'm so happy you're back to a Sebastian avatar.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
900 points, without booster, for an easy event mission. Most expensive cosmetics, and the epic level item boxes, are 5k. Croc hat is 1k.

Not too bad imo.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
A single S rank on Hard was enough to get the Ocelot beret and gesture so if nothing else I'm satisfied there.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
What's the actual event? Rescue or wave based?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Monolith. posted:

What's the actual event? Rescue or wave based?

Salvage on the Airport map.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Speaking of, how do you unlock that normally? I haven’t done much in the way of those moving mineable singularities, if that helps.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dr Snofeld posted:

Salvage on the Airport map.

Specifically, airport with set spawn points, but a LOT of them. Higher difficulties pump out an almost constant stream of special zombies - Mortars pop in every fifteen seconds or so on Extreme.

Even easy has something ridiculous like 18 wanderer spawns at once.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

widespread posted:

Speaking of, how do you unlock that normally? I haven’t done much in the way of those moving mineable singularities, if that helps.

Unlock what?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Can confirm the new Tactical Heavy Weapon doesn't destroy player built defences. It'll knock you over, but doesnt cause any actual damage.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Specifically, airport with set spawn points, but a LOT of them. Higher difficulties pump out an almost constant stream of special zombies - Mortars pop in every fifteen seconds or so on Extreme.

Even easy has something ridiculous like 18 wanderer spawns at once.

This is going to be fun! I am enjoying this game's MP way too much.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dr. Stab posted:

Unlock what?

The non-event Airport Mission. And I guess other coop missions too.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

widespread posted:

The non-event Airport Mission. And I guess other coop missions too.

I didn't think they had to be unlocked separately from miltiplayer in general. They were just in the rotation for me. Maybe it just doesn't show up on easy?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Difficulties unlock as your character level gets higher. Normal and Hard are also gated by killing the Lord of Dust, AFAIK.

Monolith. posted:

This is going to be fun! I am enjoying this game's MP way too much.

Yeah, I'm hoping it has legs. Collecting and developing everything fulfills my inner sperg.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

poptart_fairy posted:

Difficulties unlock as your character level gets higher. Normal and Hard are also gated by killing the Lord of Dust, AFAIK.

I think that some of the maps are gated by story progression too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Rocket Propelled Arrows. :dance:

Officially a monster hunter character.

E; for those who care, the game can now be platinumed. All gear is now available.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 10, 2018

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Oh my god. The "You're pretty good" gesture is an unlock. WELP TIME TO GRIND.

night slime
May 14, 2014
It only costs 1000 battle points, you can get it with two S ranks.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

How do I get on top of the not-Code-Talker-mansion? Should I have made one of these ramps by now to get up to high stuff? There was that container on top of the building by your Afghanistan base camp too that I never got up to yet.

That was in fact the answer :toot:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 11, 2018

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

night slime posted:

It only costs 1000 battle points, you can get it with two S ranks.

Yeah honestly you can probably get everything you want with a couple sessions, even sooner if you have a booster. A hard S rank awards 1300 points with a boost. And you don't even have to fight a boss!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just unlocked multiplayer salvage missions (?) last night and am dying on the first unlock-the-warp-gate mission (I read the thread. I'll try making molotovs and try it again). Should I try to play as much plot as possible or do some multiplayer? Is there anything near the original base I should know about that is Very Nice e.g. hidden stuff that's useful? Where do I get the cooking upgrade so I can make stews?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

How do I get on top of the not-Code-Talker-mansion? Should I have made one of these ramps by now to get up to high stuff? There was that container on top of the building by your Afghanistan base camp too that I never got up to yet.

That was in fact the answer :toot:
I actually used those sandbag things to get on top of things all the time

I feel like they really missed out on not having a crowded city proper, though the last story dig site kinda fit it, but not quite

Fighting zombies on planks between fire escapes, hopping down into a nice and open sewer that's absurdly large, ay yi

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

redreader posted:

I just unlocked multiplayer salvage missions (?) last night and am dying on the first unlock-the-warp-gate mission (I read the thread. I'll try making molotovs and try it again). Should I try to play as much plot as possible or do some multiplayer? Is there anything near the original base I should know about that is Very Nice e.g. hidden stuff that's useful? Where do I get the cooking upgrade so I can make stews?

Do whatever sounds fun. The trick with early teleporter missions is understanding that teleporters are far, FAR more sturdy than you are so it doesn't matter if zombies bite at them for a while. The pot you get from progressing through the plot so if you want that, you might want to do that first.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Det_no posted:

Do whatever sounds fun. The trick with early teleporter missions is understanding that teleporters are far, FAR more sturdy than you are so it doesn't matter if zombies bite at them for a while. The pot you get from progressing through the plot so if you want that, you might want to do that first.
They also explode (in a good way) at damage thresholds and kill whatever’s near them, which might not be obvious if you’ve never seen it happen.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Awww yes, I now have explosive ammo for all my big guns. I can finally start taking on bosses without it needing half hour. :v:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The lethal dust is a better boundary then Immortan Joe's insurmountable post-apocalyptic wall of sheet iron, sandbags, and rotten tires. And I'm carrying three different types of explosive, including C loving 4.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I love the fact we can toss it like a grenade now. "HEY DOES THIS LOOK EXPLOSIVE TO YOU?!" BAM

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I swear my loving neck tingles when someone posts in this thread.

I keep blowing myself up in Dig 6 with C4 - ice wanderers slow down your animations, rather than "just" movement speed, so I inevitably over correct during the sloooooooow wind-up and walk into my own goddamn explosion. The ol' tap and toss is a god send on salvage otherwise.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I made a cool Looney Tunes trap with an oil trap and the air cannon where they slip on the oil then get blown back by the air cannon. I didn't get to see much of it during a base dig but it looked like it worked on some armored and a bomber. Game owns

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

night slime posted:

I made a cool Looney Tunes trap with an oil trap and the air cannon where they slip on the oil then get blown back by the air cannon. I didn't get to see much of it during a base dig but it looked like it worked on some armored and a bomber. Game owns

That's one of the more powerful combinations in fact, ha. While not needed until Extreme, it's still fun to focus on pure crowd control over killing power sometimes. It's wonderful seeing Wanderers fly all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Man what the gently caress, I failed the last (?) mission at the very end, which was painful enough, but unlike every other time I died, it didn't re-load with all my supplies. Now I'm seriously low on screws and copper. Is there an easy to way to get either?

Force quitting the drat game if I am about to fail again.

• Locked thread