Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I wonder if AoS is ballsy enough to have the paradox wipe out the entire season if they change the future.

If they pull the "it was only a dream" bullshit, I'm done with the show.

There's only ONE show that pulled that off and that was Newhart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Proteus Jones posted:

Dallas doesn't count? COME ON!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Would you still be frustrated if most of this season was a failed timeline? i.e. the team completely fails to stop the disaster around episode 17 and then we see a completely fresh loop play out from 19 or 20 until the final episode?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Open Source Idiom posted:

Would you still be frustrated if most of this season was a failed timeline? i.e. the team completely fails to stop the disaster around episode 17 and then we see a completely fresh loop play out from 19 or 20 until the final episode?

Yes. Wiping out all character development would be a big ol' slap in the face. I still expect them to kill off Fitz and replace him with Fitz-cicle and even that pisses me off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

Yes but Coulson waking up in bed from a bad dream and then reaching over and it's JULIA LOUISE DREYFUS beside him would be loving incredible and you know it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey everybody, good news: Like a dozen sites are all reporting there's a strong rumor that AoS is in fact renewed.

https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-6-renewal-abc/

I'll take a rumor after nothing. I've always felt like this show should go at least 6 seasons. I won't be too sad if they decide to conclude the show in it's 6th season with a planned exit, but I'd be of course happy to go past that.

With all the season 1 wrap-ups this season I see what they meant about "if it has to be a finale season.." comments. This really is the season that is going back to the show's roots the most.

ED: Which is unfortunate because I used to tell people skipping season 1 up to Turn, Turn, Turn was optional but now literally everything is getting a pay-off so you can't really do that now.

Never entered my mind there wouldn't be a season 7. We do this "It's really canceled this time guys wrap it up" dance every year, no reason the show itself can't get in on it :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Yes. Wiping out all character development would be a big ol' slap in the face. I still expect them to kill off Fitz and replace him with Fitz-cicle and even that pisses me off.

You're a very angry person, have you considered yoga?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Yes but Coulson waking up in bed from a bad dream and then reaching over and it's JULIA LOUISE DREYFUS beside him would be loving incredible and you know it.

Ok, a beat by beat recreation of that scene would be acceptable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

Ok, a beat by beat recreation of that scene would be acceptable.

"I was running a a team of top secret agents"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

"I was running a a team of top secret agents"

"Hi, I'm Koenig. This is my brother, Koenig, and this is my other brother, Koenig."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

"Hi, I'm Koenig. This is my brother, Koenig, and this is my other brother, Koenig."

Okay we have to stop because I'm gonna cry when this never happens.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

STAC Goat posted:

Just to be clear, while i was mildly bothered by Jemma's experiment I was in no way calling for a more scientific test. I just wanted Mack to yell at her the way I was yelling at her. Neither of us were concerned about the scientific validity of her experiment approach. Mack and I aren't scientists.

I was really disappointed with Mack's leadership in that scene, he's supposed to be in charge. "Uh hey guys can you please not do the dangerous thing? No? Well i guess. But I really wish you would stop, maybe reconsider? Golly, okay then."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've enjoyed this show, but honestly I'm kinda hoping it ends this season. Otherwise we're getting season 7, post infinity war, with an even smaller budget if ratings are any indication.

We're at the point where even the best shows are starting to show their age, and AoS has additional budget and shared-universe issues further working against it. When in the history of television has anyone ever said "Man, the 7th season of X show sure was the best one!" Where would they even go after this anyways? You can finish saving the world from being cracked apart and then go back to small time stand alone investigations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is still only season 5 lets not get ahead of ourselves

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm okay with Jemma and Yoyo's twisted logic because it feels like a fresh take on the usual time travel and paradoxes cliche. There's something quite meta-humorous in taking all those endlessly dumb Internet debates over time travel you get on other TV shows (LOST, Terminator TSCC, Dr. Who, etc) and emerging out the other end with our characters declaring "This must mean we're invincible!" and then proceeding to drink acid. I'm on team Mad Scientist all the way. An unhinged Jemma and Fitz sounds like a lot of fun. I almost wish they could be positioned as the main antagonists.

The one thing I'm not really feeling is the Hydra robot goons. They're kinda dumb and useless and they make the Hydra side of the equation feel very threadbare and low budget as in they can't even hire some background extras for this show. Everyone's a disposable robot except Hale and Ruby. It just feels off, especially when Hale is barking orders and monologing.

Also Coulson and Talbot rounding the same corner 3 times in a row for their jailbreak got on my nerves too.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cocks Cable posted:

The one thing I'm not really feeling is the Hydra robot goons. They're kinda dumb and useless and they make the Hydra side of the equation feel very threadbare and low budget as in they can't even hire some background extras for this show. Everyone's a disposable robot except Hale and Ruby. It just feels off, especially when Hale is barking orders and monologing.

The thing with the goons is they're actually MODOK's and Aida was the one who was good with fleshy details. They're lame and threadbare because they're supposed to be.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

I've enjoyed this show, but honestly I'm kinda hoping it ends this season. Otherwise we're getting season 7, post infinity war, with an even smaller budget if ratings are any indication.

Uh, I really don't want season 5 to be the last and thank God, it's looking very likely it won't be.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
I hate the drat robots because everyone fights them like they were people, and if I was punching something metal in the face it would hurt me like hell and do jack poo poo to the metal man. Also, why would punching it in the face help as opposed to punching it anywhere else? They act exactly like lovely human goons who get knocked unconscious in one punch, instead of the T-800s they should act like.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocks Cable posted:

The no budget robot goons are even sadder funnier when you notice that they aren't even close to the same height. There were a few scenes where one robot was like half a foot taller than his buddy. :v:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

counterfeitsaint posted:

When in the history of television has anyone ever said "Man, the 7th season of X show sure was the best one!"

The Simpsons?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

"Man, the 7th season of X show sure was the best one!"

There's been few I'd say it was their best season, but many I'd say it was a worthwhile season about.

Honestly most of what I think sinks shows is creator burnout, more than loss of potential. Lots of shows have plenty of material past season 6. I think a show's viability to go past 6 depends on the writing staff's interest or fresh blood.

Then you've got shows like Walking dead which have stretched 3 seasons of material over 7 going on 8 loving seasons

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

You're a very angry person, have you considered yoga?

You have no idea. Good Lord I could E/N the gently caress out of this thread.
Therapy and medication. Therapy and medication.

Back to the show: do you think pre-Hive Daisy would be worried about leading S.H.I.E.L.D.? All she wants to do is get Coulson back so she can stop being in charge. May trained her to be a strong, competent leader. And she was doing great with the other Inhumans until the whole brain parasite mind-control thing.
Also, why doesn't Yo-Yo or Robin just tell someone "by the way, Coulson really needs to die or we won't save the earth." I know nobody would believe it, but at least they would have heard it and would have it in the back of their minds. At some point, they'd realize, "You know, we are going to some extraordinary lengths to keep this guy alive and he doesn't even want us to do it. Maybe we should stop ?" As it is now, they'll sacrifice everything else just to save him. He volunteered to go with Hale because he was hoping he'd get through to her, but he was fine with failing and dying. He's ready to go. Let him. Maybe he can go to hell and become the Spirit of Snark and possess people so that they make dad jokes and flippant comments in the face of danger. And their hand is on fire instead of their head (because of his robot hand).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Also, why doesn't Yo-Yo or Robin just tell someone "by the way, Coulson really needs to die or we won't save the earth." I know nobody would believe it, but at least they would have heard it and would have it in the back of their minds. At some point, they'd realize, "You know, we are going to some extraordinary lengths to keep this guy alive and he doesn't even want us to do it. Maybe we should stop ?" As it is now, they'll sacrifice everything else just to save him. He volunteered to go with Hale because he was hoping he'd get through to her, but he was fine with failing and dying. He's ready to go. Let him. Maybe he can go to hell and become the Spirit of Snark and possess people so that they make dad jokes and flippant comments in the face of danger. And their hand is on fire instead of their head (because of his robot hand).

Yeah, I find myself telling Yo-Yo that she needs to tell them that Coulson needs to die. Future Yo-Yo told herself that, and that they thought they could save him with loyalty, but it didn't work. And yet, she never mentions it.

I get that we've seen everything over the course of months, while it's been days, or maybe a few weeks for them, so they're under stress, and I forgive them for most of their dumb actions right now, but that one... Losing her arms and going, "It's all coming true!"... just say something Yo-Yo!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Coulson did die, but was revived (again)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

GLOSS posted:

"You die more than anyone I know"

Checks out.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

GreenNight posted:

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if they did that, said "actually, he did die" and everything works out from there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GreenNight posted:

Dallas doesn't count? COME ON!
Dallas super didn't pull it off and what you're talking about is one of the most infamous middle-fingers to fans of a show to ever happen. People were furious.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if they did that, said "actually, he did die" and everything works out from there.

It would be a bit of an asspull.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Coulson dies from his injury, Infinity War happens, the heroes use the Dragon Balls Infinity Stones to wish back all the humans who were killed by Thanos and his henchmen. Loki was technically working for Thanos when he killed Coulson, so Phil gets revived. Easy.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Season 6 is the team literally descending into hell to rescue Coulson.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Moriatti posted:

Season 6 is the team literally descending into hell to rescue Coulson.

With their budget, Hell will be an abandoned warehouse with flames painted on the walls.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

would have more colour than this season has

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Aleph Null posted:

With their budget, Hell will be an abandoned warehouse with flames painted on the walls.

Tbh, throw in some funhpuse mirrors and stuff.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Aleph Null posted:

I'd still watch it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CornHolio posted:

I'd still watch it

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

When in the history of television has anyone ever said "Man, the 7th season of X show sure was the best one!"

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlNISUVMRCB0cmllcyBOT1QgdG8gYmxvdyB1cCB0aGUgRWFydGgi

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Maybe The Simpsons?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Aleph Null posted:

I saw a video on Youtube where they were asking the cast their thoughts on the Fitzsimmons wedding and Chloe Bennet said she and the cast were just so excited for the opportunity to be shooting outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

You say this and while there's been way too much indoor filming the production value is STILL way higher than most other ABC Sci-Fi shows.

Like the special effects are AAA+ versus their normal standard. As mentioned it still looks way the gently caress better than Walking Dead.