Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

...the gently caress type of tattoo is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Slug racin'

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, let's see what Steven Wallace is up...

https://twitter.com/Clagger01/status/982761063161659392

...to.

General dislike or just some teasing?

Just teasing, they showed it on TV blurred out and Clint says "as you can see he's gving me the thumbs up here". They are friends.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
That's a legit fight.

Pretty crap race today.

Great news about the modifides, I need to get to a race or two this summer. I'm actually thinking about seeing if my local track needs an extra pair of hands for...whatever. I'm really bored with my job and I'm looking for different outlets and spending my Saturday nights at the track a few times a month doesn't sound so bad.

Edit- Looking at the final points standings for Super Dirt Car from last year and, holy poo poo, Matt Shepard put the hammer down. Twelve wins in 25 starts? 21 Top 5s? He only won the championship by 71 points because he apparently missed two races, but that's a curb stomping in every other way.

SpitztheGreat fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 9, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/983747793691885568

Why prolong the inevitable?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They've already accepted it.

https://twitter.com/CopaCavanna/status/983751255385432064

:tif:

Holy Hell, are we pissing into the wind:
https://twitter.com/CopaCavanna/status/983752486736494593

e- Neither of those Tweets seem to be embedding. If they don't show up in my post later, the Tweets say NASCAR is exploring a system beyond 2019 where they may not even have a title sponsor and are also making it sound like they may not want Monster back anyway. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 10, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR is exploring a system beyond 2019 where they may not even have a title sponsor and are also making it sound like they may not want Monster back anyway. :psyduck:

A top-flight league not having an entitlement sponsor isn't completely unprecedented. The English Premier League is one of the most popular soccer competitions in the world, and they turned down entitlement sponsorship to essentially become their own entitlement sponsor and put their brand out there as-is.

Of course, a lot of the individual clubs of the EPL are worth more than the whole of NASCAR. But go on, NASCAR! See how going solo works out for you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Considering how much supposedly Monster paid them and how little actual promotion Monster is doing they kind of already are flying solo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah if the big entitlement sponsorship structure isn't working might as well start shifting how things are done. It's probably smarter than begging Kroger for peanuts in 2020 or whatever

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thinking about it, no other major stick-and-ball league in the US has a title sponsor (i.e., the Gatorade National Football League, the NHL presented by CCM, etc), but NASCAR sounding like they want rid of somebody who might have been willing to continue to pay them $20M/year ("...or that we will be having them back") is a new one for even NASCAR.

Let's just all watch this instead:
https://twitter.com/EuroNASCAR/status/983355153804906498

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol the amount someone is willing to pony up for this shitheap must be much less than NASCAR is willing to accept that they are worth

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol the amount someone is willing to pony up for this shitheap must be much less than NASCAR is willing to accept that they are worth

This was made abundantly clear with the Monster deal after hearing about how much NASCAR wanted post-Sprint

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Seriously what the hell

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WindyMan posted:

A top-flight league not having an entitlement sponsor isn't completely unprecedented. The English Premier League is one of the most popular soccer competitions in the world, and they turned down entitlement sponsorship to essentially become their own entitlement sponsor and put their brand out there as-is.

Of course, a lot of the individual clubs of the EPL are worth more than the whole of NASCAR. But go on, NASCAR! See how going solo works out for you.

How many sport leagues actually do have an entitlement sponsor? I mean it's not the Denny's Grand Slam Baseball League or the Hooters Football League. The major sport leagues in the US is just the MLB, NFL, & NBA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/983857160437227521

Talladega is an interesting choice for this. It'll be fun to hear their take on plate racing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How many sport leagues actually do have an entitlement sponsor? I mean it's not the Denny's Grand Slam Baseball League or the Hooters Football League. The major sport leagues in the US is just the MLB, NFL, & NBA.

The only "World" level motorsport I know of with one is the World Touring Car Cup, and that's only a car parts company rather than a household brand.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dudley posted:

The only "World" level motorsport I know of with one is the World Touring Car Cup, and that's only a car parts company rather than a household brand.

IMSA Weathertech..

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Formula E is sponsored by ABB.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dudley posted:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The major national sports leagues in the U.S. and around the world don't need a sponsor to activate and keep the league in the public mind. When you're in every major city playing every week/several times a week/every day, it's in everyone's mind all the time.

Compare this to a racing series. NASCAR is on every week, but it's only in one place at a time. It's like a circus. (Complete with clowns!) NASCAR is going to do the heavy promoting when it's coming to town, but there needs to be some level of constant promotion/buzz outside of that time window and particular place for that local promotion to be more effective. An entitlement sponsor with skin in the game can do that with national commercials, in-store promotions, etc.

There's also the fact that racing is increasingly becoming more attractive in the B2B arena. Indycar has been tracking that way for a while, and I have a suspicion that its next title sponsor will have as much of an interest in catering to other businesses as much as they do Joe Consumer. If NASCAR doesn't have a title sponsor like that, and they continue down the road of dwindling fans/less overall sponsor interest… where else are they going to get the money from?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question, did Sprint stay on in any capacity after they left NASCAR or no?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't think so.

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeEMac/status/983798842863874052

"AhhhhhhhhHHHHHhhHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhh..."

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Like every soccer league except the premier league, bundesliga, and mls that i can think of

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
All-Star race rules have been released:

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/984201339692462080?s=20

Basically they're running last years Indy Xfinity aero package

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Where the hell was Mike Joy today for practice???

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren:
https://twitter.com/kennybruce/status/985164121267212288

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sadler needs to calm the gently caress down

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SRA rockin that Dash for Cash come Richmond

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Maybe we'll be able to buy hats if he wins-

BAHAHAHAHA!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That was a good-rear end NXS AND Bristol race with the first proper Bristol wrecks I've seen in years. I'm hoping New Old Bristol is to the point where it's a one groove track again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Formula E is sponsored by ABB.

Verizon sponsors Indyc-

Wait CBJ said major series.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exploded mummy posted:

Verizon sponsors Indyc-

:downsrim:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

That was a good-rear end NXS AND Bristol race with the first proper Bristol wrecks I've seen in years. I'm hoping New Old Bristol is to the point where it's a one groove track again.

Maybe the Cup series will do more than do parade laps in honor of Nascars upcoming death?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe the Cup series will do more than do parade laps in honor of Nascars upcoming death?

going to hold up three fingers for the three people in the stands

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/985491024603561984

I know Indy was drat lucky too. Qualifying for the 500 had rain but other than that, no race was delayed due to the weather (and Watkins Glenn race was declared wet, but that's a different matter since it's a road course).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Think they have a few hundred people that came out to watch what will probably be part of a race...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

exploded mummy posted:

Verizon sponsors Indyc-

I'd actually be really curious to see true attendance figures over the past few years for both series

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ryan Blaney working on his acting career apparently.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They tried so hard to get 250 laps in to make the race official today. Some good racing was going on when they were running though. Hope they can do the last 300 laps tomorrow without rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/allegiant-air-60-minutes-defensive-2018-04-16/

Sounds like they're sharing crew members and engineers with the airline. :v: