Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

reach42 posted:

No Way Jose is just Adam Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I can't wait for Kane to beat Jose clean in two minutes then chokeslam everyone in the conga line as they conga by him

This but unironically.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I miss when Road Dogg was locked in a basement with Josh Matthews and Puppet H.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You just reminded me it's been 5 years since Puppet H was a thing and now I'm sad :(

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
WWE coronating their guy at an oil rumble that will air on the network at Noon Eastern, 9 AM Pacific on a friday is the most WWE thing ever and makes me briefly think they wouldn't just shift championships without anyone watching but then again some prince probably paid to see a title change and also it is such a WWE thing to do.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Pay Brock a lot of money so he can eventually give Roman the rub and also hide Roman actually getting the rub.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Xenoletum posted:

WWE coronating their guy at an oil rumble that will air on the network at Noon Eastern, 9 AM Pacific on a friday is the most WWE thing ever and makes me briefly think they wouldn't just shift championships without anyone watching but then again some prince probably paid to see a title change and also it is such a WWE thing to do.

They did have AJ win the belt at house show at MSG that wasn't broadcast

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dacap posted:

This is a belt that at least very slightly matters tho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dacap posted:

That was just the US belt.

He DID win the WWE Championship on a taped SmackDown in England, though, so everybody knew it was gonna happen like five hours before it aired.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Seems like Roman is just going to get even louder boos when he shows up on RAW with the title that no one got to watch him win anyways.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

VJeff posted:

That was just the US belt.

He DID win the WWE Championship on a taped SmackDown in England, though, so everybody knew it was gonna happen like five hours before it aired.

to be fair they need to give something to the UK crowds considering they always got shat on.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Just give Roman Hassan's old theme and gimmick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, did anybody else notice Roman coming out for his big "ow I'm hurt" sympathy grab promo wearing a giant freakin' gold watch. That was super distracting the entire segment.

Xenoletum posted:

to be fair they need to give something to the UK crowds considering they always got shat on.

Very true but it was basically just luck that the UK crowd got it because WWE bailed out on Jinder vs. Brock and that was the last chance to do so.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I swear, this company.

Instead of having AoP tell Ellering they don't need him anymore, they should've had Ellering tell them that he's taught them everything that he could, that now they're ready, and to spend the rest of their days destroying everyone and everything that gets in their way, and to never ever stop. Then have Ellering tell the audience that they are in not prepared for the hell that he's unleashed

AoP comes up looking like monsters, Ellering doesn't look like a fool, everyone looks strong.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 10, 2018

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

btw, did anybody else notice Roman coming out for his big "ow I'm hurt" sympathy grab promo wearing a giant freakin' gold watch. That was super distracting the entire segment.

Legit thought we were gonna get a heel turn using his old NXT gimmick for a second. Honestly the best thing they can do.

Really have Roman be not just a heel, but a loving hatable despicable heel. He needs Ciampa levels of heat.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

VJeff posted:

Jinder vs. Brock
I kinda wish this match went on as planned just to see how horrible it would have been

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

double post

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

For half a second I thought I was seeing the return of Big Watch Roman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5lDDi6j6iE

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I swear, this company.

Instead of having AoP tell Ellering they don't need him anymore, they should've had Ellering tell them that he's taught them everything that he could, that now they're ready, and to spend the rest of their days destroying everyone and everything that gets in their way, and to never ever stop. Then have Ellering tell the audience that they are in not prepared for the hell that he's unleashed

AoP comes up looking like monsters, Ellering doesn't look like a fool, everyone looks strong.

Why the gently caress would it matter if Paul Ellering is kept strong?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Good grief, what was the point of not just putting Roman over him at Mania then?

Easy. The crowd was going to poo poo on that match at Wrestlemania and not give Vince the cheers he wants. At the Oil Rumble, that crowd is going to be so happy just to be there that they'll surely give Roman the applause that Vince desires.

Xenoletum posted:

Nobody cares about pacific time... there are like 7 championships and a 50 man rumble. If Brock/Reigns goes on last, they'll probably be wrapping up the show by 5pm EST for people to see him win while eating dinner.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

OldTennisCourt posted:

Really have Roman be not just a heel, but a loving hatable despicable heel. He needs Ciampa levels of heat.

Would kill his merch sales, which is the one return on investment they have with him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

For half a second I thought I was seeing the return of Big Watch Roman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5lDDi6j6iE

OldTennisCourt posted:

Legit thought we were gonna get a heel turn using his old NXT gimmick for a second. Honestly the best thing they can do.

So it's not just me!

I wonder if it's either because he's about to turn heel or if it's that after getting dumped on his head, smacked into a table head-first, busted open hardway, jobbed out, given a WCW-level promo only for the crowd to still not give a poo poo about any of it, the dude has finally just stopped caring and is like gently caress it, I'll just go out in sneakers, with my hair in a bun, who gives a gently caress.

Getting suit and rolex The Merchandise Roman or getting super apathetic Roman both sound extremely entertaining to me, so.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Two Beans posted:

Would kill his merch sales, which is the one return on investment they have with him.

Long term booking. Look at Rock, who they so desperately want him to be. Short term you turn him mega heel to build off the existing heat, have him be a monster who beats faces and then at a climatic moment have him turn face to a mega pop.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

Also the Jinder reign was absolutely murdering the product, even worse than the Roman-Go-Round. That said,

piss tape israel posted:

I kinda wish this match went on as planned just to see how horrible it would have been

I actually would've enjoyed Brock doing 2 moves over and over for 10 minutes and rag-dolling Jinder all over the place. In a weird way.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 10, 2018

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Why the gently caress would it matter if Paul Ellering is kept strong?

So he can go manage some other tag team in nxt without looking like a complete bitch

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Paul Ellering is fine, just don't make Andrade send Zelina to the back tomorrow.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Paul Ellering should be allowed to go home and have a nice nap imo. Maybe some soup.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hmmm the reddit SquaredCircle folks seem real convinced Roman is going over in Saudi Arabia. I didn't think that would be the prevailing attitude, just doesn't make sense to crown your "guy" when no one is home to watch it live I don't know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

Hmmm the reddit SquaredCircle folks seem real convinced Roman is going over in Saudi Arabia. I didn't think that would be the prevailing attitude, just doesn't make sense to crown your "guy" when no one is home to watch it live I don't know.

What about the last three years of Roman's push HAS made sense?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The stuff against Sheamus and Vince was pretty reasonably put together iirc.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Saudis paid for a title change, and Vince gets his Roman victory with a crowd that's forced to cheer for him or face prison time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
In the past when they wanted to put a title on an unpopular champion they just made up an international tournament, they didn't actually fly em out to one

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Y2J's gonna be in the Oil Rumble

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Y2J's gonna be in the Oil Rumble
BOBBY LASHLEY?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

OldTennisCourt posted:

Long term booking. Look at Rock, who they so desperately want him to be. Short term you turn him mega heel to build off the existing heat, have him be a monster who beats faces and then at a climatic moment have him turn face to a mega pop.

Rocky Miavia never moved shirts like Roman Reigns does. No one liked Rocky, which is why he flipped heel. Only bitter smarks, the minority of WWE's audience, hate Reigns.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Two Beans posted:

Rocky Miavia never moved shirts like Roman Reigns does. No one liked Rocky, which is why he flipped heel. Only bitter smarks, the minority of WWE's audience, hate Reigns.

lmao yes, vince has been chasing a crowd that approves of roman for 4 years because of the small portion of the audience that are bitter smarks

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Two Beans posted:

They didn't really have rocky Miavia shirts though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Better mute the crowd so we don't hear that tiny minority that boos him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/983433366153314304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That 70 thousand seat arena was actually really into Roman and they weren't playing with beach balls.

• Locked thread