Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dannychau/status/983752502360158208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/ben_dowsett/status/983794693518409728?s=21
I guess the NBA can’t even figure out their own tiebreakers

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MelancholyMark posted:

Yeah they hosed up the 3-way tiebreaker between Utah/Portland/OKC, which was immediately pointed out in the comments.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MelancholyMark posted:

I think they had the Utah/Portland/OKC tiebreaker wrong. Utah would have head to head but 3 way tie is conference record I think?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Revised copy just posted:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

I think they had the Utah/Portland/OKC tiebreaker wrong. Utah would have head to head but 3 way tie is conference record I think?

3-way tie is head to head to head record. In that case it goes Portland > Utah > OKC.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

morestuff posted:

idgi

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Google Primer

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

big boi posted:

Have you been paying any attention at all to the Western Conference playoff race?

Yeah the one that was just ruined by Memphis being a disgrace to organized basketball?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

daltos pushed so far hes rescinding One Of The Good Ones status from the grizz dang

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

Yeah the one that was just ruined by Memphis being a disgrace to organized basketball?

It's a gift in disguise because now the Wolves v Nuggets game tomorrow night will be a truly epic showdown

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ghost Dog posted:

daltos pushed so far hes rescinding One Of The Good Ones status from the grizz dang

What's this supposed to mean?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

morestuff posted:

lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
how can you look at that ridiculous chart and think the west race has been ruined

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

You should try making a good post at least once before trying to start poo poo

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wait, the Nuggets can still get the 5th seed? What in the Sam Hill

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Space Camp fuckup posted:

You should try making a good post at least once before trying to start poo poo

some of us can just do it effortlessly but we dont judge those who cant

e: yes daltos i am serious about how easy it is for me to make great posts

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 10, 2018

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

big boi posted:

The Aristocrats

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

big boi posted:

The NBA is the best league and the last two weeks are amazing.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The 5th seed is in play for Nuggets but the 8th is technically impossible.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ghost Dog posted:

some of us can just do it effortlessly but we dont judge those who cant

Seriously?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Josh Lewenberg: Raptors can learn their 1st-round opponent tonight. IF Washington loses to Boston they’ll be locked into 8th. Wizards have lost 8 of 10 games but Celtics are already locked into 2nd, have nothing tangible to play for.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So anyone want to make any coach firing predictions? I'm going to double down on my preseason prediction that Walton gets the can, not because he's a bad coach but because there's probably some Pelinka toadie / forgotten 80s Lakers player they want to install instead

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was sure Walton was gone halfway through the year but Jeanie came out pretty hard for him and she tends to get her way, and he did deliver, the Lakers played really well the second half of the season. Maybe another summer of Earvin pitching Byron Scott will win out though so who knows, that could be a good prediction.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Josh Lewenberg: Raptors can learn their 1st-round opponent tonight. IF Washington loses to Boston they’ll be locked into 8th. Wizards have lost 8 of 10 games but Celtics are already locked into 2nd, have nothing tangible to play for.

I think Boston wants to win because they'd rather face the Bucks

They're rolling out the starters tonight and Brad said everyone would play minutes, they have another game tomorrow (against Brooklyn) where I think everyone important will rest

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 10, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

chunkles posted:

So anyone want to make any coach firing predictions? I'm going to double down on my preseason prediction that Walton gets the can, not because he's a bad coach but because there's probably some Pelinka toadie / forgotten 80s Lakers player they want to install instead

Just read somewhere that Hornacek and Vogel are probably gone by Thursday.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’m aware the Grizz are rear end you don’t have to rub it in

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

chunkles posted:

So anyone want to make any coach firing predictions?

Raptors get bounced out round 1 and we finally get to see a post-Casey world

Raps win 43 next season

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Just read somewhere that Hornacek and Vogel are probably gone by Thursday.

Good, Vogel deserves way better than that Orlando situation

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Rick posted:

I was sure Walton was gone halfway through the year but Jeanie came out pretty hard for him and she tends to get her way, and he did deliver, the Lakers played really well the second half of the season. Maybe another summer of Earvin pitching Byron Scott will win out though so who knows, that could be a good prediction.

Can you imagine the LeBron pitch meeting where they try to sell Byron Scott to him...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tarbrush posted:

Can you imagine the LeBron pitch meeting where they try to sell Byron Scott to him...

Hahah

If Lebron goes somewhere else he might demand Fizdale

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’d love to see if Vogel could fix Milwaukee’s defense.

I doubt Kupchak will fire Clifford with one year left on his deal but I also wouldn’t be surprised.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Please do not put Vogel in charge of a team with fun offensive players.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Please do not put Vogel in charge of a team with fun offensive players.

Hahahahaha loving this. He got a raw deal in Orlando, but he's still not a good coach.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Kardashian curse might be lifted at some point in the near future.
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/983836043571904512?s=19

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dragan loving Bender might be the best player available for the Suns tonight depending on which version of Alex Len shows up

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/983835226303496192

I've watched a lot of lovely teams over the years but I can't recall ever being happy to see a season end. Can't wait for the Suns to drop to 4th in draft lottery :mrgw:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Redgrendel2001 posted:

league east hosed

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pubic works project posted:

Hahahahaha loving this. He got a raw deal in Orlando, but he's still not a good coach.

He would be amazing in the Dan Burke defensive assistant coach who runs huddles when he needs to.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles posted:

I'll miss him, but I think Stan Van Gundy's out. Swinging for Blake and missing the playoffs with that payroll is insanely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Redgrendel2001 posted:

poo poo the Pacers play them first round, please make up for at least another 2 weeks.

• Locked thread