Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I honestly don’t know how you top this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mulva posted:

Getting Nate high is rarely a bad strategic move in the long run, and also Beebo really was the God of War.

I for sure find Nate a lot more endearing given his love and irresponsible use of psychadelics. I kinda feel like he's the writers going "guys we're tripping as gently caress when we write this poo poo"

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Also, now that we know Mallus really was just Mallus... is this the first time an Arrowverse show has actually used an original villain for the Big Bad?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A typo right in the headline, it's Grodd.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Still behind but man does Wally fit right in.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Lord Bude posted:

I remember when Season 1 ended, and I was like "Eh, I guess this is the best we're gonna get."

Then Season 2 started and I began realizing that the show was insane in the best possible way as it kept getting bigger and better as the season went on.

Season 3 has been an even bigger build from "I love this" to "This is peak television". Like my least favorite episode might have been the Elvis one - and that still was about Elvis getting a totem that let him raise the dead.

And next season looks to be leaning heavy into magic and possibly stuff escaping from Hell? So it's just going to get bigger and crazier and better. Since I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one episode with the legends literally in Hell.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

After seeing the season premiere of Legion I am now confident in televisions ability to ramp up insanity with no ceiling in sight.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
After giving myself time to reflect on last night's episode, I have come to the conclusion that it still completely owned. The entire season, in fact. Even my least favorite episodes were overall mostly good, adding Constantine is awesome, Ava and Gary are good characters, Wally is finally useful, and I still can't think of another show where Beebo could realistically be the ultimate hero.

I love this show so much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A Fancy Hat posted:

And next season looks to be leaning heavy into magic and possibly stuff escaping from Hell? So it's just going to get bigger and crazier and better. Since I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one episode with the legends literally in Hell.

I'm hoping for a Supernatural crossover. Those Winchester boys need a chance to have some fun.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I'm hoping for a Supernatural crossover. Those Winchester boys need a chance to have some fun.

LoT "We're fighting a horde of supernatural creatures that escaped from a prison"

SN "We've done that like 5 times"

LoT "Oh, well we use a time traveling spaceship to do it"

SN "Done the whole time travel thing, gets old fast"

LoT "Mick just drinks beer and eats snacks all day then shoots stuff"

SN "Sam we have to help these people it's our duty"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Just finished watching it. Goddrat

Helen :allears:

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Between the last two episodes of this show and the last two episodes of Atlanta, I seem to have slipped into an alternate dimension where only the most amazing TV is produced..

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:allears:
https://i.imgur.com/DYSt6pa.mp4

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Here's another, I seriously can't get enough of that fight
https://i.imgur.com/swJl7oi.mp4
e: OK FINE ONE MORE, can't promise I won't post another one tho
https://i.imgur.com/zwrdaP3.mp4

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 10, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MORE.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Fact: A Beebo toy can in fact survive the rigors of reentry into the earth's atmosphere

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I visited the DC offices last month and we now have a friend there so I've sent her three messages about the need for a Beebo plush.

She said she's working on it!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gif of Cronenbaby please.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

Still behind but man does Wally fit right in.

I'm following it on the UK release schedule and Wally seems like he's having so much fun just being really fast. Also it was amazing to see Constantine back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really, really enjoyed it even though I'm not as in love with the show as many of you. But its drat fun and goofy and I had a goofy smile from about half way through the episode until now half an hour after finishing.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Beebo basically was the focus of the season. Who would have imagined that ending when we first met him?

I had totally forgotten about the Constantine news and was feeling a little bummed about losing Amaya and Rip (also them retconning Vixen so they never even have to try and get Megalyn Echikunwoke) and wondering who would get added to the team next season when he (Gary) showed up and I said "OH YEAH! THAT'S AWESOME!"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rip is almost certainly not dead and Amaya is signed to be a regular next season.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BEST EP OF TV EVER!

Adding to everything, my favorite little bit, was right at the beginning.

Mallus: "It's not Mallus, it's Malice!"

Everyone had been pronouncing the villain's name wrong the whole season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really write anyone out on this show permanently because of all the time and magic and other worlds stuff... and because its a comic book show. But Rip and Amaya were written out so I'm gonna just assume they're out of the immediate plans until they're not.

Like, it would be dumb to spend an entire season saying Amaya has to go back home to fix the timeline, to end the season on it, and then just bring her back in... for the second season in a row. They might do it and I'll probably be fine with it when they do but until they do I'll just assume she'll basically operate as a recurring character the same way Rip did this season. And maybe Rip will fall into the Snart role or something.

I was just talking about the yearly tradition of writing some characters out and bringing ones in. I was wondering who it would be because i had forgotten about Constantine and was very excited when he showed up and I remembered.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They don't have anyone shooting arrows so I was hoping Roy would get to be on the team, but then he got signed for season 7 of Arrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I tell myself that the only thing keeping Roy from meeting Wally is that Titans show that I'm betting is going to fail badly because its on a streaming service that I don't think exists yet because tv didn't want it and stars Thad Castle and Lyla Garrity as role models.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 10, 2018

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So I visited the DC offices last month and we now have a friend there so I've sent her three messages about the need for a Beebo plush.

She said she's working on it!

You and I may have some friends in common, I was there for a couple of years, until 2016.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ugh ok fine
https://i.imgur.com/YGmXVXO.mp4

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 10, 2018

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Needs to be like 3 seconds longer

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
for some reason those clips don't load on my iphone but do on my ipad and pc, what the hell

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

They could do a Harry and bring in an alternate universe Amaya. Or her great-great-great granddaughter who looks exactly like her or something. I feel like Amaya's arc is finished but I like the actress a lot so I hope they do something like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unless they permanently fix her history problem bringing Amaya back is always going to have that cloud over it where she has to return to Zambesi and the 40s.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh, if only there was a century with instant cloning machines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also I can't believe Nate wouldn't reference Captain Planet in regards to the combined totem powers.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Still think Ray should have had a totem and come up with the Beebo idea I don't care how over-the-top on-the-nose it would have been :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Huh, if only there was a century with instant cloning machines.

Finally they can bring back Stein!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Finally they can bring back Stein!

I don't think Victor Garber wants to come back to the show any time soon, but I'd be down as gently caress for more Graeme McComb as young Stein to fill the void though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Bruceski posted:

Nah Good Place crossover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Also I can't believe Nate wouldn't reference Captain Planet in regards to the combined totem powers.

Isn't Ted Turner like crazy about people doing that and has sued over it?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bruceski posted:

They like JUST had that Scooby Doo episode! (which owned, but not as much as this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Huh, if only there was a century with instant cloning machines were over fifty alternate dimensions in which to find a different Amaya.

Alternately; they end up going to Heaven and bringing her back after her natural death.

This show is too stupid not to have a million ways to not care about how to bring her back.