Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Calaveron posted:

Kinda weirds me out that you posted every single patreon to every critic you linked

No need to ban Patreon plugs when you're not channel awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
EDIT: Removed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 11, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I do think Joseph Anderson belongs in the OP under Video-Games. Outside of some dumb attempts at humour with his gag-videos on Cuphead and Chrome's T-Rex Runner he steers clear of skits and seldom shows his face. And if he believes Dark Souls II is on the same level as Dark Souls I then who are we to judge?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Don't make assumptions. If it's true its unconscionable but if it's not then you're spreading rumours. I'd wait until there's something concrete.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah that's in pretty poor taste all around unless someone straight came out with it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I do think Joseph Anderson belongs in the OP under Video-Games. Outside of some dumb attempts at humour with his gag-videos on Cuphead and Chrome's T-Rex Runner he steers clear of skits and seldom shows his face. And if he believes Dark Souls II is on the same level as Dark Souls I then who are we to judge?

his Cuphead video was about 9 and a half minutes too long and based on a joke that wasn't funny in the first place, because gamers are stupid.

I still think he's good and right like, 75-80% of the time. :colbert:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s just some poor-taste trolling. There are posters in this thread who knew him, so just keep that in mind.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
His ending to No Man's Sky was the best thing he's done.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Can i also recommend Nyx-Fears be added to the OP?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm Matthew Buck, fading out.

yes, I am very proud of that video

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Well, from the looks of the list of the most prolific posters on the last thread and the known producer who's highest on it...I perhaps ought to stop procrastinating on here too much and make more vids instead lol (I guess Lupa's on there too but lol, she ain't got poo poo on me on that list)

Couple of things, randomly:

-That JewWario thing there...that's icky. I really don't like Justin being invoked for anything like this (or really anything at all), it's way too far. There's only one person who can respond and confirm/deny anything like that, and he isn't here to do it. One of my great regrets as a producer is never getting to know him.

-Larry has his reasons for staying on, which he did explain to me and I respect utterly. In the end it comes down to not having the sort of relationship (or indeed ANY relationship really) with CA's higher ups, and kinda feeling that if he jumped on it'd feel like he was just jumping on a bandwagon and riding on coattails - it's not really his fight in the end as much as it is other people's. He's never been a particularly major part of the site as much as he's just been...y'know, there. You wouldn't even really think of him as a CA contributor at all, especially in the past couple of years since he started Fact Hunt and really got cooking again on YouTube.

(Obviously disclosure in that, y'know, he's a friend of mine and we do a whole bunch of vids together and all that but don't be mad at him or anyone else who chooses to stay. Stay angry at the management for creating an atmosphere in which, over the past couple of years, well over forty people have chosen to leave)

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

We couldn't even make it THREE pages? Really? REALLY?

quote:

While 99.9% of us probably don't like Alt-Right, transphobic, homophobic or any other prejudice we can be prone to witchhunting, if there is proof of somebody being a shitheel feel free to share it; but we should slightly chill with grasping at straws.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah I feel like we should limit the CA drama to "eat popcorn as we watch the producers leave" and "share if anyone directly involved says/does something relevant." I'm enjoying the trash fire as much as anyone, but sharing hosed up speculation is about as valid as writing creepy fanfiction.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Old content but good content, and Big Joel deserves more traction, Grizzly Man: How Documentaries Speak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQHjGFPKlsU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Looking at the OP I just realised a pretty serious omission from the earlier Internet threads. We totally missed Preston Jacobs, the famous (or rather infamous) reviewer of the works of GRR Martin. He's notorious in all of the Game of Thrones threads in TVIV and Book Barn. He's incredibly thorough and highly familiar with Martin's body of work, including his seventies science fiction shorts*. He also has a habit of sliding from a fairly plausible reading of a sub plot into weird UFO style conspiracy nonsense.

I think his latest episode is a good short primer of what you can expect from Preston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMSUK8tBm9g

Despite his reputation he is a very chill reviewer/theorist. He admits most of his really out there ideas are out there and I've never seen rant or shout, at worst he got exasperated and a bit snippy on his reviews of the GOT tv show. Oh and he describes himself as a feminist and talks about how a patriarchal society is depicted in GOT and about the anti war themes and how feudalism and racism are awful etc.

* He even seems to know more about them then George Martin does. At a convention Preston asked a number of question about them, to which a confused George had to apologise about not being able to recall things he wrote decades ago very well. Its a perfectly understandable answer but amusingly it effectively demolished a good chunk of his fan theories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pJkldtAh0

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
(There should be an image attached to this. If not pretend there is until I get home from work!)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baka-nin posted:

Looking at the OP I just realised a pretty serious omission from the earlier Internet threads. We totally missed Preston Jacobs, the famous (or rather infamous) reviewer of the works of GRR Martin.
Yeah but that was actually Bloodraven's fault.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, how does Jacobs review the books? I've reviewed them myself, so I'm a but curious.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

lornekates posted:

We couldn't even make it THREE pages? Really? REALLY?

Sorry, I'll remove it. I was actually in the process of deleting it when the probation hit.

In lieu of posting something else controversial, instead I'll just say that LGR put up a video on Museum Madness.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KayTee posted:

(There should be an image attached to this. If not pretend there is until I get home from work!)

He's done it. He's gone and done it. He's lost his mind, and soon will lose his back. :smith:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ApeHawk posted:

That doesn't exactly answer the question, Larry.

He's waiting for the perfect way to leave and insult Peter Molyeux at the same time.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He's waiting for the perfect way to leave and insult Peter Molyeux at the same time.

So that's why Doug shaved his head.

In other news, let's see what the next few days brings-- but it's a near perfect parabola from the moment the document dropped until yesterday (accounting for the document dropping mid-day).

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why on Earth is Sterling doing this pro-wrestling fad if he has a condition with his back? His constant mentions of Boglins were annoying, but then again Boglins never killed anyone.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What are boglins, and are they as cute and sexy as porgs?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

KayTee posted:

Aren't back injuries in the top three things that will absolutely happen to every wrestler? The other two being neck and knee.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If this is just a long-con to get Ster Lust as his new intro music, he could just skip the bit that involves loving up his own health further. I'm sure folks wouldn't mind.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

e X posted:

Aren't back injuries in the top three things that will absolutely happen to every wrestler? The other two being neck and knee.

He came pre-injured, so I'd say he's ahead of the game!

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's done it. He's gone and done it. He's lost his mind, and soon will lose his back. :smith:

Man, they're setting up an awful quick remake of The Wrestler here, aren't they.

e X posted:

Back injuries are in the top three things that will happen to everybody at some point in their life, to be fair.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
my back is injured and I didn't even do anything

still don't

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Given his past performances and the sort of wrestling done by similarly injured wrestlers. I'm guessing it's gonna be a lot of shouting and prancing about with very little in the way of bumps.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Yeah, like if he doesn't have any training or anything he's probably not going to take any kind of bump at all - I'd be pretty shocked if he did. Which is fine - a thirtysomething games journo with a lousy back is probably not expected to be moving around like AJ Styles. Good on him for having fun with this.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

My impression from the bits I've seen is he's more a managerial type, so less actual wrestling and more cheating on the sidelines.

Which is as it should be for a character like Sterdust. :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/braydenncg/status/984120996562169869

Actions have consequences it seems.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
It's all building up to a match between Jim and Sterdust with Duke Amiel Du H’ardcore as Special Referee.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

KayTee posted:

It's all building up to a match between Jim and Sterdust with Duke Amiel Du H’ardcore as Special Referee.

I don't know about refereeing, but I'd LOVE to hear Amiel doing commentary.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

KayTee posted:

Bring on the Cornflake Homunculus and have an 8-man elimination tag match against Mick Foley, Mankind, Dude Love and Cactus Jack

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
Royston! Royston! He’s got a folding chair!

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Loss of contributors? Meh.

Loss of PR? Feh.

Loss of respect? Whatever.

Loss of subscribers? Views are the same, who cares.

Loss of actual money? You can be there's gonna be loud swears in Chicago today.

Losing money is the only consequence CA management will actually care about.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/70gygEf.mp4