Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

East Bay...we have it all; CostCo, Trader Joe's, five different kinds of 'Asian' market (Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese). All of that within an eight-mile radius.

brother I know now all we need is housing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
1800 a month for a 2BR in Berkeley! Rent Control baby!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Move to an actual city man. Doesn't even have to be one of the huge ones for all that.

Can't afford it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We getting another review anytime soon or have we basically ran out of easily obtainable rations?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There’s a few rations left that aren’t insanely rare, but they often run as much as $100 after shipping.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I guess it is kinda a strange hobby to have and a tremendous money sink if you aren't rich. 100 bucks can get you a hell of a lot of actual good food even if dining out and not say tinned meat and kasha with a potato option. Is there subreddit for it?

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Weren't the Nazis giving their fliers meth? You could always switch tracks...

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
There's at least one Steve video where he finds special flyer pills in an old ration. I'm not saying he sells them but he is from Florida

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

sleepy.eyes posted:

Weren't the Nazis giving their fliers meth? You could always switch tracks...

Everyone was taking amphetamines in the forties, but yes, the Luftwaffe specifically issued a couple different flavors of meth.

They were far from the only ones.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
That makes a lot of sense when you realise just how bad the Luftwaffe got beat in the latter half of the war.
An entire flying armada of Al Pacino as Scarface.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

That makes a lot of sense when you realise just how bad the Luftwaffe got beat in the latter half of the war.
An entire flying armada of Al Pacino as Scarface.

Recommend “Take Your Pills” on Netflix.

EVERYONE was on uppers in the thirties and forties, not just the military.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
A quick read on Wikipedia tells me that some men get priapism on amphetamine, so now I have to imagine a German experimental pilot crashing his jet with a massive erection.:froggonk:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Japanese were using a shitton of meth too. Local invention! :v:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
IIRC the Finns were the meth kings of WWII in terms of how much soldiers were taking

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Phallic aeroplanes and meth erections, is this what they mean by toxic masculinity?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Methrection

Methamphetapeen

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
The act of crashing you poo poo little aeroplane into a big American destroyer could definitely be interpreted as a sexual act.
And that as much as anything explains modern Japanese culture.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Phallic aeroplanes and meth erections, is this what they mean by toxic masculinity?

Pff everyone knows meth gives you meth dick

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Pff everyone knows meth gives you meth dick

Only if you use it before you get chub. You get chub first, THEN blast a couple, you are up ALL night.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

1800 a month for a 2BR in Berkeley! Rent Control baby!

niiice

Samizdata posted:

Can't afford it.

have you tried eating the rich?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you like recipes, click this link to download a zip file of the full Armed Forces Recipe Service book. You now have the whole database of US military mess recipes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
In the DPRK, meth is the universal healthcare plan.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can't tell if this was meant for here or the Korea thread.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
The Korea thread already knows.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

If you like recipes, click this link to download a zip file of the full Armed Forces Recipe Service book. You now have the whole database of US military mess recipes.

I get this:

I don't rate MISSION ESSENTIAL

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

The entire Army Quartermaster page appears to be down, probably because someone somewhere hosed up.

Luckily, the Internet Archive has a copy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I have my copy on Dropbox just in case this happens!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvqmbwir5lbvlcx/AADk0eZxcLwovgO2IT40hqg5a?dl=0

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

Oh joy, currently downloading from the internet archive. We do some large catering sometimes, gonna give this to our head cook, mostly as a joke.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

skrapp mettle posted:

I get this:

I don't rate MISSION ESSENTIAL

Holy poo poo. Tell us how the food is at the black site man

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, clicking that link still works for me. Where are you trying to access it from that the Department of Defense is blocking you?

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I got the same thing from my home WiFi.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All you motherfuckers trying to access Army recipes from China.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, clicking that link still works for me. Where are you trying to access it from that the Department of Defense is blocking you?

Home (NV, no where near Groom Lake), and I just clicked it again; downloaded right away

E4C85D38 posted:

The entire Army Quartermaster page appears to be down, probably because someone somewhere hosed up.

Luckily, the Internet Archive has a copy.

Just figured it was this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

All you motherfuckers trying to access Army recipes from China.

Nope. Midwest USA with a 100% USA ISP.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

chitoryu12 posted:

The DoD blocks random poo poo all the time with no oversight or analysis because the military rank structure is stupid. Last year we were directed to block g.tld.* because "an excessive amount of DNS traffic goes there". That lasted a couple hours.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
For us simpletons who don't know, what does this address lead to?

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

wallaka posted:

The DoD blocks random poo poo all the time with no oversight or analysis because the military rank structure is stupid. Last year we were directed to block g.tld.* because "an excessive amount of DNS traffic goes there". That lasted a couple hours.

My favorites so far have been seeing DoD agencies block official DoD services (which aren't blocked to the general public) and the time I had to write a formal justification for IT to pass to our parent organization to unblock wikimedia...at a laboratory.

Edit: I forgot. The DoD self-signs security certificates because that's more secure...but tries to keep you from accessing any websites with self-signed security certificates because they're insecure.

For us simpletons who don't know, what does this address lead to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_top-level_domain

Johnny Crowe
Apr 9, 2018
I always traded most of my mres for the cheese spread and fake elf bread.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The pound cake is the only good carb/bread thing. Like holy gently caress how do you eat that bread without dying of bread and a fatigued jaw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Crowe
Apr 9, 2018
No one is denying the chewiness of what they call bread. I'm not going to lie, hella tired, dirty and sweaty, the bbq rib with that elf bread and like 3 jalapeno cheese spreads was pretty loving delicious.

• Locked thread