Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

which not only came out decades before Jurassic Park, but was also written by Michael Crichton and is basically Jurassic Park But With Robots and Yul Brynner as the T-Rex equivalent

Directed by Michael Crichton too, which I was surprised to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

zoux posted:

I thought AMC had a deal with Netflix

Preacher is distributed by Sony, so that likely factors into where the streaming rights are.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So the entire first season of The Terror is online already. How did that happen?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Escobarbarian posted:

So the entire first season of The Terror is online already. How did that happen?

Like, legitimately online, or :filez: online?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Wikipedia posted:

It was released worldwide on Amazon Prime Video in every other country where the service is present

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaQ-FytkoE

If there's anyone in Hollywood known for their congenial nature and good sport, it's BRUCE WILLIS

Also

Ayyyy

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 10, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not sure, is why I ask. Files I've seen online are from a source that usually gets things legit but the episodes came out like 2-3 at a time over a week or so which is unusual. But it's been answered now so thanks! Possibly it just wasn't put up in a big enough region for rippers to release the eps in a timely fashion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Joe Hill Chat: Lock & Key pilot was passed on so that's two runs at the story that haven't worked. A shame because it's perfectly crafted and paced for TV. I do wish it would happen. And maybe that someone one pick up the Cape because that poo poo is amazing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaQ-FytkoE

If there's anyone in Hollywood known for their congenial nature and good sport, it's BRUCE WILLIS

Oh poo poo. I wonder who they're going to get. If Cybil Shepard or Kevin Smith show up this could get spicy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

Oh poo poo. I wonder who they're going to get. If Cybil Shepard or Kevin Smith show up this could get spicy.

Willis flat out hates Smith so I doubt he'd approve.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man I loved Westworld as it was airing but no show has ever left my brain as quickly as it did. I honestly don't even care about season 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looking back, had I watched all of WW without engaging on the forums over it I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Looking back, had I watched all of WW without engaging on the forums over it I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Evergreen post

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Evergreen post

Well most of the time I very much enjoy discussion on these forums. But WW seemed to be the type of show that brings out the assholes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I honestly had no idea the show was that decisive. I didn't read the thread and had a great time watching it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Again, Fez was completely in the right in thinking that Jackie only wanted to get with him because she was lonely and with no prospects. That had been her entire gimmick for the entire previous 19 episodes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bailed on the WW thread after like 3 episodes. One can only put up with so much rape chat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

I bailed on the WW thread after like 3 episodes. One can only put up with so much rape chat.

I was mercifully not aware of this and now I hate you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife is watching Grey's Anatomy and this girl has a gun hidden in her vagina.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

My wife is watching Grey's Anatomy and this girl has a gun hidden in her vagina.

If I had a nickel...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SCD is good so far but I cannot watch it while I eat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

If I had a nickel...

And then it went off and the bullet hit Robert Picardo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

SCD is good so far but I cannot watch it while I eat

I would eat while watching Hannibal, you're just a coward

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

That's cause Hannibal made cannibalism look tasty.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not talking about the cannibalism parts, I'm talking about the buzzsaw-to-the-head/human totem pole parts

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

GreenNight posted:

I honestly had no idea the show was that decisive. I didn't read the thread and had a great time watching it.

It isn't, it's universally acclaimed and hugely popular. The people who hate it are just a very vocal minority who are happy to endlessly re-litigate the show after the fact.

precision posted:

It's a show that is literally and metaphorically about rape. It's like complaining that the Mr Robot thread is discussing mental illness and computers.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Arist posted:

I'm not talking about the cannibalism parts, I'm talking about the buzzsaw-to-the-head/human totem pole parts

I mean even the violence in Hannibal never struck me as stomach churning or anything. Maybe aside from the few really intense fights like Jack and Hannibal at the end of season 2, it was always more on the indulgently artful side than outright disgusting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arist posted:

I would eat while watching Hannibal, you're just a coward

Nothing in Hannibal is remotely as gross as the puking scene in SCD

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

...the aristocrats!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I turned my TV on for the first time in a while and CMT is playing a bunch of episodes of Reba in a row, and this makes me happy.

I miss this show ngl

e: steve howie is so young and adorable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New Girl came back for a tiny final season after not airing for over a year and it’s very cute.

Also having never had the original show take off in the UK I’m still not used to seeing John Goodman in a weekly sitcom role on Roseanne. Dude’s such a legend now!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

It is being released first on Amazon before AMC, but you still have to pay $24.99 for the whole season. I am pretty sure it will be free this summer on Prime.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

nate fisher posted:

It is being released first on Amazon before AMC, but you still have to pay $24.99 for the whole season. I am pretty sure it will be free this summer on Prime.

No, if you are in the US and you bought the season, you get the episodes the next day after they air on AMC.

The full season is only available on prime outside of the US.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GreenNight posted:

If I had a nickel...

If you're cormac mccarthy you've got one whole nickel. I mean, maybe more. But at least one.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

Nothing in Hannibal is remotely as gross as the puking scene in SCD

Strictly Come Dancing?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Croatoan posted:

Strictly Come Dancing?

Santa Clarita Diet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d watch that crossover.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lost in Space (out tomorrow!) seems to be getting decent reviews. I'm not flipping the gently caress out about it but I'm always happy to have an adequate scifi show. Most reviews say it looks amazing.

Oh also, the best scifi show ever made, The Expanse, is back tonight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Oh also, the best scifi show ever made, The Expanse, is back tonight.

I didn't realize! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Conan O'Brien and Jordan Schlansky have their Italy trip today as well. Never been more excited for a travel episode.