Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Voting to oust the guy who has overseen your stock increasing in value by over 200% because you dislike his booking decisions is a new one.

This. Suits don't give a flying gently caress about if something is "Good" or not, only "Is this making money? No? Well then we ain't changing poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jack Anderson posted:

This. Suits don't give a flying gently caress about if something is "Good" or not, only "Is this making money? No? Well then we ain't changing poo poo."

This isn't entirely true, you know. Sometimes they get angry that they didn't make ENOUGH more money than the previous year!

Stockholders are the worst :smith:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

I don't think they can. Afaik he has 51% of the company and they can't do poo poo. But something really does need to change for WWE and that change is getting rid of Vince, because each awful thing he books just gives more fuel to NJPW and the indies as viable alternatives for wrestlers and fans alike.

I mean, no offense, but if what you say is true then I want nothing to change. There should absolutely be viable alternatives for wrestlers and fans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wish more people here would Choose said viable alternatives

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

His awful booking is basically what keeps his whole strangle them in the crib mentality from killing everyone else. Look at that bullshit with the whole "We are going to start a UK show, but only if ITV runs a wrestling show, cause we can't have competition there, but we also don't want to actually service the market if there is no competition there" thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

The Roman experiment feels like a weird alternate past where John Cena never became a wrestler and they tried to push Randy Orton as the top guy for 6-8 years straight, but it was always his Viper gimmick and he was always wrote as being a babyface

Imagine if Austin never catches on and Vince is sitting there in 1998 still trying to make Ahmed Johnson a thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orton/Jinder, a fresh title program

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah so I'm done with Smackdown again, I can watch Bryan on the PPVs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I watched the mania main earlier and lmao that a crazy crimson mask couldn’t even get the crowd to give a single poo poo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Benne posted:

Imagine if Austin never catches on and Vince is sitting there in 1998 still trying to make Ahmed Johnson a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlEkgrPBvJg

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I always assumed all the wwe stockholders were marks with more money than sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always assumed all the wwe stockholders were marks with more money than sense

I'm sure there are a number of those, but I'd pick the majority are people who were told,"Here's a monopoly with high dividend payouts" and that was all they needed to hear, let alone know the name of the actual company or what they do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OP updated with graphics and Smackdown results - it was a pretty eventful show!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Feud of the Year: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles' Dick and Balls

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Veto: AJ's dick and balls have left the promotion forever.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The Andre the Giant documentarys debuting on HBO now (10pm est)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what on earth could have compelled vince to not book Roman going over

If you're going to have Roman be mauled by a bear, at least let the guy win. That bleeding leading into a furiously passionate comeback was probably the best way they could do the title win, and yet Roman still lost.

Brock is both very good, but I want him loving gone from the loving company.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Ain't no WWF in '98 IMO

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Ain't no WWF in '98 IMO

Oh, I'm sure Turner would keep the IP alive when WCW bought it.

So, is Bryan/Styles/Nakamura at Oil Rumble or Backlash?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 11, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So maybe I'm a big dumb idiot for thinking this (I most likely am), but I can't seem to shake the feeling that the plan going forward for the Smackdown Women's scene is to move Charlotte to RAW (there is zero chance they have the Smackdown Women's Championship main event Wrestlemania next year), and Asuka to Smackdown. You can then have her kill Carmella at Backlash and take the title. Probably because Carmella is green as hell and has transitional champion written all over her.

This has some benefits in the fact that it completely negates the current briefcase (since they may have wanted the first cash in to be a success), and it got rid of the streak (I don't think most people would take too kindly to Carmella ending Asuka's streak, especially considering how green Carmella is). I think WWE may want to put the titles on Asuka and Nakamura for the Japan tour as well, which is Smackdown exclusive.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

So maybe I'm a big dumb idiot for thinking this (I most likely am), but I can't seem to shake the feeling that the plan going forward for the Smackdown Women's scene is to move Charlotte to RAW (there is zero chance they have the Smackdown Women's Championship main event Wrestlemania next year), and Asuka to Smackdown. You can then have her kill Carmella at Backlash and take the title. Probably because Carmella is green as hell and has transitional champion written all over her.

This has some benefits in the fact that it completely negates the current briefcase (since they may have wanted the first cash in to be a success), and it got rid of the streak (I don't think most people would take too kindly to Carmella ending Asuka's streak, especially considering how green Carmella is). I think WWE may want to put the titles on Asuka and Nakamura for the Japan tour as well, which is Smackdown exclusive.

Asuka and Charlotte being separated is exactly what should happen.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

I was at Takeover, Mania, and Raw and it was torture! How the hell do people attend so many live events a week and not just lose it?

Ring of Honor, Mania, and Raw here and I have no clue. Part of me wishes I could do that because it's so fun...but a 5 day bender, going on 34 with a wife and pups I won't see until tomorrow night still...waiting on this drat delayed flight in a lovely airport, having to be at work in like 5ish hours (lol)....people who do this all the time are machines and/or divorced stock holders or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think they're going to want to keep Charlotte (and probably Asuka) away from Ronda for quite some time, since I have to figure that will be their big plan for next Wrestlemania. I imagine Charlotte is sticking on Smackdown, Asuka is probably going there too, and we may see Asuka destroy Carmella to become champion and then set up potentially a Summerslam rematch between Charlotte/Asuka down the line after they do some stuff with the likes of Naomi and Becky?

I really, really wanna see Asuka vs Becky, but I can also see Becky potentially going to Raw.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Who the gently caress does Nakamura think he is?! Toru Yano?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Repping CHAOS in the US :hai:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Benne posted:

me chinese me play joke now ur peepee's fuckin broke

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Id mark so hard if Nakamura did the YTR 🤷‍♂️

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god this Andre fart segment

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Repping CHAOS in the US :hai:

i never thought repeated shots to the dick could be that adorable

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sportsgenius86 posted:

Asuka and Charlotte being separated is exactly what should happen.

I mostly agree but you also want to keep Charlotte and Ronda apart if that's the Mania 35 plan

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Benne posted:

I mostly agree but you also want to keep Charlotte and Ronda apart if that's the Mania 35 plan

yeah but even if ronda isn't Lesnar levels of part time I don't see them on the opposite side of the ring for a long time. I'm going to imagine Charlotte and Ronda being together on the Raw Survivor Series team in order to start building the match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I think they're going to want to keep Charlotte (and probably Asuka) away from Ronda for quite some time, since I have to figure that will be their big plan for next Wrestlemania. I imagine Charlotte is sticking on Smackdown, Asuka is probably going there too, and we may see Asuka destroy Carmella to become champion and then set up potentially a Summerslam rematch between Charlotte/Asuka down the line after they do some stuff with the likes of Naomi and Becky?

I really, really wanna see Asuka vs Becky, but I can also see Becky potentially going to Raw.

I don't know. That opens up a can of worms. Either you have Ronda win the Women's Royal Rumble next year and challenge for the SD! Women's Title (pretty much 0% chance of this happening), or you have Charlotte win the Women's Royal Rumble and challenge Ronda for the RAW title. Except I don't see WWE putting the strap on Ronda before then, as they'll want to crown her at Wrestlemania. I think the setup for it will basically be Ronda winning a #1 contenders match at Elimination Chamber or something. That frees up the Women's Royal Rumble winner to challenge Asuka (assuming she still holds the title at the time).

Basically I think Charlotte is going to invoke her rematch clause next week before she officially moves to RAW later in the evening. As for the Iconics, they needed to make some sort of impression. I feel like if you wanted to do Charlotte vs Asuka again, you do it at Survivor Series in a champ vs champ match. Not at Summerslam.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Having the ring announcer shill his merch when he comes out for a match would be a good part of Nak's heel act.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Orton/Jinder, a fresh title program

Vince: I'm literally giving you nerds AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan Danielson, and Shinsuke Nakamura in the WWE title match LET ME HAVE MY BIG GUYS FIGHT OVER THE AMERICA TITLE GODDAMNIT

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vince: I'm literally giving you nerds AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan Danielson, and Shinsuke Nakamura in the WWE title match LET ME HAVE MY BIG GUYS FIGHT OVER THE AMERICA TITLE GODDAMNIT

Rusev is a big boy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

Rusev is a big boy

look at the verb... BOY

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

Rusev is a big boy

But he isn't from a place that speaks English yet the crowd cheers him. Vince and Road Dogg are confused and frightened by this.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The Sterilization of AJ Styles by the Coward Shinsuke Nakamura

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Breached balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's targeting the babyfaces greatest weakness. AJ's dick, and Bryan's brain.

• Locked thread