Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

Nah Good Place crossover.

"Holy flarking shirt! You travel through TIME?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I subscribe the to the thread title

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

Nah Good Place crossover.

Ava is basically a Janet, right?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Maxwell Lord posted:

An early prototype perhaps.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, she isn't a robot at least.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I'm hoping for a Supernatural crossover. Those Winchester boys need a chance to have some fun.

Given the recent stuff with the Seal of Solomon and alternate dimensions and such, I'd love a season where Sam and Dean get interdimensionally lost and have to jump from world to world to find their way home, like Quantum Leap with dimensions instead of time periods. One of those dimensions could easily be the Arrowverse.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BreakAtmo posted:

Given the recent stuff with the Seal of Solomon and alternate dimensions and such, I'd love a season where Sam and Dean get interdimensionally lost and have to jump from world to world to find their way home, like Quantum Leap with dimensions instead of time periods. One of those dimensions could easily be the Arrowverse.

Beebo never returned home.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I showed my wife my episode synopsis from last night. She didn't believe me.

I showed her the GIFs. She still didn't believe me and thought someone was really good at photoshop.

I showed her more GIFs. She insists this is footage of an early 90s kids movie and not a TV show.

I love this goddamn show. :allears:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Chokes McGee posted:

I showed her more GIFs. She insists this is footage of an early 90s kids movie and not a TV show.

I love this goddamn show. :allears:

I mean, the fight basically made me feel like a kid again.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
At first when the helper characters showed up I thought 'who is that blonde warrior lady' and then I realized oh yeah the gang rescued Helen of Troy and took her to Themyscira to train to be a badass warrior.

and when I remembered that, there were no 'oh that seems off' or 'well that doesn't make sense' thoughts, it was just 100% pure acceptance.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

GobiasIndustries posted:

At first when the helper characters showed up I thought 'who is that blonde warrior lady' and then I realized oh yeah the gang rescued Helen of Troy and took her to Themyscira to train to be a badass warrior.

and when I remembered that, there were no 'oh that seems off' or 'well that doesn't make sense' thoughts, it was just 100% pure acceptance.

Helen of Themyscira mowing down an army with a six shooter and a shortsword was one of the best parts of that episode. If not for GIANT CAPTAIN BEEBO it'd probably have been the best part no questions asked. I really hope she shows up next season and we get to see a rip on Steppenwolf get stomped by her and the Legends.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Since we're getting literal demons next season, just about anyone could come back either directly or as demon using them or their form. Evil Amaya may be a thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

BreakAtmo posted:

If they're doing that, they could have them show up in the upcoming finale of the Originals...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
This is good television. Beebo... I mean, it was telegraphed pretty hard but I still laughed during the entire fight.

So glad Damien Darhk learned the power of love and got a last second redemption but still paid for all the evil he had done.

I am satisfied.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

So much fun. I will have a very hard time justifying not putting the Legends on #1 in this year's poll :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, and here I thought they just found a hole somewhere to shoot that scene.
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/984093410129723393

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about the whole crater bit was how at the end when they did the group hug they got Mick in the middle so he was getting hugged by everyone.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's because they knew he'd run away if they didn't.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Senerio posted:

It's because they knew he'd run away if they didn't.

He looked like he was about to go on a murder rampage as the hug closed in and he had nowhere to escape from it. Rory has some of the best drat facial expressions on the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zebulon posted:

He looked like he was about to go on a murder rampage as the hug closed in and he had nowhere to escape from it. Rory has some of the best drat facial expressions on the show.

Not even his best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvzRj-TxJA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Best thing about that final fight is when Beebo crushes Mallus the resulting explosion is shaped like a blue heart

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Last night I had two beers and got super sappy and watched the pretty decent Elvis episode where I got a little emotional when Nate started talking about the power of music .

And then I watched the Evil Sara On The Ship episode. And goddamn holy loving jesus in a hammock was that awesome.

I'll be honest and say that Constantine never really worked for me; I'm not enough a fan of demons and dark magics for it to overcome his charisma.

But his scenes with Eva? Perhaps the best the show has ever done. Beauty! And then Eva and Sara and Constantine and gently caress YEAHHHH this is good tv. "We both have excellent taste in damaged women". "She's a good one, try not to hurt her." Wally's whole speech to fake Jessie.

I know this thread is like HELL YEAH BEEBO (and yes, Beebo-Ray talking about evolution might be my favorite moment on the show) but I love that they're unafraid to go for raw sappy emotion.

And now I'm six beers in and I'm gonna binge the last few episodes. They just went to Fresno!!!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Narcissus1916 posted:

And now I'm six beers in

I suspect this is the best way to watch the entire show post S1.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BreakAtmo posted:

I'd love a season where Sam and Dean get interdimensionally lost and have to jump from world to world to find their way home, like Quantum Leap with dimensions instead of time periods. One of those dimensions could easily be the Arrowverse.

Arrowverse (including separate episodes for Supergirl and Black Lightning), iZombie, Riverdale... there's room for a few crossovers.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

Huh, and here I thought they just found a hole somewhere to shoot that scene.

A podcast on The Americans was largely about the hole an episode took place in and how holes are Serious Business. They made a very expensive fake plastic hole to put into a real hole so no expensive actors or equipment would get buried by shifting earth or other mishap.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

I suspect this is the best way to watch the entire show post S1.

You need to be drunk to enjoy Legends of Tomorrow. I feel like the show does the drinking for you. Mick is basically this show personified.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not drunk, buzzed. Like Sarah was through the finale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

You need to be drunk to enjoy Legends of Tomorrow. I feel like the show does the drinking for you. Mick is basically this show personified.

Can I just take a moment and say my favorite, most underrated line in the series is, "Yeah, I know big words. Don't tell the others."

Mick's a(n apparently good?) writer and knows way more than he lets on. He's just drunk 24/7 to get Cronus out of his head.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Look, Mick has to babysit a bunch of time idiots whose lives are ran by kooky writers and is dealing with constant drama brought upon him by mind control and the loss of his best friend.

Dude can drink all he wants.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Look, Mick has to babysit a bunch of time idiots whose lives are ran by kooky writers and is dealing with constant drama brought upon him by mind control and the loss of his best friend.

Dude can drink all he wants.

Don't doxx me, haircut.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Craziest park of the finale is how great it was even before they went FULL BEEBO.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Craziest park of the finale is how great it was even before they went FULL BEEBO.

But you never go full Beebo! :stonk:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Beebo is one of the greatest moments in the history of TV

give me Etrigan

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently we're getting at least one new Legend next season and they've said that a couple of Legends might go bad guy.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then again, as far as the status quo of what preserving the timeline constitutes in S1 they're already super villains.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently we're getting at least one new Legend next season and they've said that a couple of Legends might go bad guy.

Given how great Evil Rip was last year, I'd be down with a few Legends breaking bad. Maybe the Legends writers saw what a shitshow the Outsiders arc was over on Arrow and went "ffffuuck we can do this so much better."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
EVIL RAY

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Bro.

You can't just drop poo poo like that without a link man, come on.

Rhyno posted:

EVIL RAY

This is literally impossible. There is just no way.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rhyno posted:

EVIL RAY
Ray accidentally invents an evil ray, then also accidentally blasts himself with the evil ray to become Evil Ray.

He also blasts the corpse of Captain Lance's Sister to make her evil too, the effectiveness of which is unclear, as she's still quite dead. She's Evil Ray's sidekick anyway, Weekend At Bernie's style, just to annoy Sara.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

Ray accidentally invents an evil ray, then also accidentally blasts himself with the evil ray to become Evil Ray.

He also blasts the corpse of Captain Lance's Sister to make her evil too, the effectiveness of which is unclear, as she's still quite dead. She's Evil Ray's sidekick anyway, Weekend At Bernie's style, just to annoy Sara.

I stand corrected.