Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Everybody in that movie seems so bored to be in that movie. It looks technically competent but there's just this layer of blandness on top of it. Also why are all these Star Wars stories all heists? I'm not really complaining because heists are cool and good but still, give me the slasher film starring Darth Vader that was hinted at in Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everyone’s bored because they had to do the exact same scenes again. I’d imagine that would be super frustrating.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wish it was competing with a Fast & Furious spin-off called Han: A Solo Story.

We're a family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wish it was competing with a Fast & Furious spin-off called Han: A Solo Story.

He's Han Seoul-Oh* lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Emilia Clarke seems as bad as Dong Lover is good

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I dunno, I laughed at the gag about Chewie's age. It looks less bad than I feared and looks more memorable than R1, which I hardly loving remember.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it looks more fun than the last jedi

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I wish Lord and Miller had their crack at it but this trailer did remind me that Bradford Young is shooting the thing, which will probably make it worth seeing

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Still can't figure out whether this is an actual movie or a bad advert for a boring theme park ride.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

CelticPredator posted:

You beefin with your boy or something?

I've had this account since 2003 and completely failed to see the irony here until you pointed it out. Little known fact but the translation of Chewie's roar when Han gets kebobed in TFA is actually "gently caress you old man, you had that coming!"

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The Meg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_K_Kg2iqvY

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 10, 2018

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

:yeah:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah Rainn Wilson

I wonder what ethnicity Cliff Curtis's character will be this time around. I don't think he's played a Sherpa yet

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It looks they seriously depart from the book. And that can only be a good thing.

I really hope the campiness of the trailer is how the movie is.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Could a giant/colossal squid actually crush a submersible? Want to make sure my giant shark movie has tactical realism

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No. An actual giant/colossal squid is nowhere near that size. While they can grow up to ~50ft. they actually have a pretty low volume with tentacles about as thick as your arm. What you see in the trailer is a total fantasy creature.

If you really want to crush a submersible then you need a giant OCTOPUS. Much stronger. Geez.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I wasn't that sold, until i saw someone in a giant bubble ball rolling away from the shark

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish it was Piranha 3D levels of trash. Not rando summer blockbuster movie trash.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how good The Meg ends up being... there can only be one Shark Attack: Megalodon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8 NWS

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 10, 2018

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Unironically my most hyped film for 2018. Holy fuckballs this looks fun.

It looks like a modern version of Deep Blue Sea.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

viral spiral posted:

It looks like a modern version of Deep Blue Sea.

I haven’t had a chance to see the trailer but now I don’t need to see the trailer.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven’t had a chance to see the trailer but now I don’t need to see the trailer.

Yeah, you do.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
unless they got the song it's nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yohg9WKQl7I

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

The music video is also a thing of wonder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKb9OvXXvk
:coolfish:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Deeper, bluer, my hand is like a shark's fin

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Alehkhs posted:

The music video is also a thing of wonder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKb9OvXXvk
:coolfish:

This is some of the most shameful poo poo I've ever seen.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Deeper, bluer, my hand is like a shark's fin

(5x)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I remembered the lyric wrong but I stand by my version

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Meg looks good and fun. Are the beach scenes in Asia? Or the whole movie I guess. Also the shark was ridiculously big in the last shot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Syncopated posted:

Meg looks good and fun. Are the beach scenes in Asia? Or the whole movie I guess. Also the shark was ridiculously big in the last shot.

It's partly a Chinese studio production. The director also made National Treasure.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Syncopated posted:

Well, the shark was 17 to 20m from nose to tail IRL, so it usually gets 50% Blockbuster Bonus in stats.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It's partly a Chinese studio production. The director also made National Treasure.

Figured this because of Li Bing Bing casting

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Syncopated posted:

Are the beach scenes in Asia?

It's a resort in southern China where that white Buddha statue is located.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Are there any of these shark attack movies where the shark wins in the end? Sharks are always getting the raw end of the stick in movies, for once I wanna see the shark be the good guy.

#NotAllSharks

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I remembered the lyric wrong but I stand by my version

I didn't even notice, thought you were directly quoting the lyrics video posted above you. Now I'm imagining LL Cool J sitting in the tub, humming the Jaws theme as he moves his hand through the water.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Syncopated posted:

That last shot is totally different to any of the others in the trailer so my guess is it's entirely constructed to be a button.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Alrighty then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmbhqgpd6Xw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone needs to take all those scenes and drop them into the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo teaser with the Immigrant Song cue.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The essay this is based on would make a neat movie, but I'm not sure this is it. To do it justice you'd need an actor who can flip between 'snivelling poo poo' and 'psycho mastermind', and while Kevin Spacey or Hugo Weaving could pull that off I'm not sure Marton Csokas has the chops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

That last shot is totally different to any of the others in the trailer so my guess is it's entirely constructed to be a button.

what the gently caress is a button