Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They played terrible against bad teams last year as well. That seems to be continuing this year. This was a PATHETIC series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Yankees blow a 5-0 first-inning lead, Red Sox come back from a 5 run deficit to beat the Rays, it's not what you want.

I will be more worried if they still look this lovely once the weather is above 40 degrees. As bad as it's been they are still a couple of bullpen meltdowns away from being 7-3.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Parker Lewis posted:

Yankees blow a 5-0 first-inning lead, Red Sox come back from a 5 run deficit to beat the Rays, it's not what you want.

I will be more worried if they still look this lovely once the weather is above 40 degrees. As bad as it's been they are still a couple of bullpen meltdowns away from being 7-3.

I would be nice if Boston didn't play the 2 worst teams in baseball every game...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Being a Yankee fan who lives in Boston can suck sometimes... except for when your Girlfriend's roomate works for the Red Sox and can get you free tickets.

Going to my first Yankees/Red Sox game :smuggo:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

Being a Yankee fan who lives in Boston can suck sometimes... except for when your Girlfriend's roomate works for the Red Sox and can get you free tickets.

Going to my first Yankees/Red Sox game :smuggo:

I'm going up to Boston later in the year and I want monster seats. Any tips other than just spending 500 bucks on StubHub?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Those are some great seats. Hopefully you don't get murdered by a townie

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I'm going up to Boston later in the year and I want monster seats. Any tips other than just spending 500 bucks on StubHub?

Monster seats are tough, if only because there are so few seats up there. Honestly I have never even really tried to look into sitting up there because they are so expensive. I know they have Standing Room only tickets up there that are generally cheap though.

e: I will say this; Fenway is surprisingly a decent place to watch a baseball game. Even the right field bleachers are pretty good. If you're willing to forgo the wall there are some great places to sit around the stadium for a decent price.

Carlosologist posted:

Ever since the Red Sox won, no one really gets mad about baseball anymore. All of the Townie Rage is directed at anyone who dares say something mean about Tom Brady now.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 9, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I will not be wearing Yankee poo poo or cheering all that loudly. I'm not a complete idiot....

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I looked into it and unless you want to spend $750 for a meaningless game against a lovely team, no. You can get standing room only tickets for under $200 a piece but gently caress standing for 3+ hours.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Please beat Boston at least 2 of 3.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

God drat everyone on the team is playing like garbage to start the season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gary looks even worse than Stanton does... If that is even possible.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey guys here's some perspective from the N/V thread:

Comptroll The Forums posted:

N: As a team, Cleveland is slashing .158/.255/.276 through the first 10 games of the season.

V: ...yet they are still at the top of the poo poo pile division known as the AL Central.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Gary looks even worse than Stanton does... If that is even possible.

Maybe they shouldn't have fired their hitting coach.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Stanton hit two rockets today that actually got him on base, hopefully this is the start of a hot streak for him because boy does he need it

Gary too, I saw that his BABIP is .036 so there's literally no way it can get worse, he'll turn it around soon

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gary and Stanton are looking way too pull-happy. I didn't watch most of the game tonight but hopefully Stanton had a more balanced swing. Gary will come around too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

At least we know any thoughts about Judge being a one hit wonder from last season were wrong. He's flat out great.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

seriously, Judge is an absolute monster. complete player, probably on the short list of the top 5 or 10 players every year. I wonder what his eventual extension looks like. If I'm the Yankees, I throw 180-200M at him after the luxury tax resets and boom, there's your captain in the 2020s

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Carlosologist posted:

seriously, Judge is an absolute monster. complete player, probably on the short list of the top 5 or 10 players every year. I wonder what his eventual extension looks like. If I'm the Yankees, I throw 180-200M at him after the luxury tax resets and boom, there's your captain in the 2020s

He's everything we wanted in an A-Rod without the drama.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Looks like they moved Gray up to Thursday, meaning I get to watch Gray vs. Porcello live. Hopefully I can see some cool poo poo out of Gary, Stanton and Judge. I want to see my large adult sons mash

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DaStampede posted:

He's everything we wanted in an A-Rod without the drama.

ARod loving rules.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
you guys ever been 2 for 36 and then just whack one so hard no one knows where it went?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

you guys ever been 2 for 36 and then just whack one so hard no one knows where it went?

That was a medium length fly ball. This is just a dumb stadium.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Dinger tracker said 369 ft I think. Gary's hit two homers out that are flyouts in most ballparks but I'll take it

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I think Gary's ok

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:krakken:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I think Paul O'Neill just insinuated he suggested the large hat sculpture outside Angels Stadium was Michael Kay's size once as a joke.

Paul O'Neill is a treasure.

Holy poo poo there is a brawl

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good. gently caress boston.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Good. gently caress boston.

gently caress BOSTON.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can we talk about how Judge and Stanton basically held back almost every Sox player in front of them? holy poo poo why would anyone pick a fight with us ever

Joe Kelly ate poo poo when Austin got his hands on him, he was really lucky the catcher knocked him down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

can we talk about how Judge and Stanton basically held back almost every Sox player in front of them? holy poo poo why would anyone pick a fight with us ever

Joe Kelly ate poo poo when Austin got his hands on him, he was really lucky the catcher knocked him down

The bad part of this is that Joe Kelly is going to get suspended and he won't be able to blow one of the next 5 games or so.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The more clips and screencaps I see from the fight, it looks like a lot of guys are gonna get hit with suspensions.

But for now:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

The bad part of this is that Joe Kelly is going to get suspended and he won't be able to blow one of the next 5 games or so.

He's such a trash pitcher that he missed Austin on the first attempt, too. Should have been tossed right after that happened.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JMastrodonato/status/984282734226010112

Lol.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am extremely excited to watch my large adult sons mash and hopefully see another crazy fight.

Also my girlfriend is extremely not excited to sit through 3:30-4:00 of baseball but TOO BAD

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

:toot: Hicks is back in the lineup tonight!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

:toot: Hicks is back in the lineup tonight!

Is that 100% official? I don't think they've announced any roster moves yet.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Inspector_666 posted:

Is that 100% official? I don't think they've announced any roster moves yet.

Yeah, Robinson DFA'd, Hicks in at DH tonight

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Troxartas posted:

Yeah, Robinson DFA'd, Hicks in at DH tonight

Oh, cool. I saw as of not too long ago that they hadn't made a 25-man move. :toot: Hicksie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Once hicks has his legs back and is playing center, it really is going to open things up for the yankees. The more they can alternate Stanton/Judge DH/RF the less they have to give them days off.

Also explaining the importance of getting to the ballpark early to my girlfriend is very difficult!

• Locked thread