Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.
Question.

Now that CuriousCat is imploding because it is run by psychopaths-- what is the actual benefit of that site? I know it lets people ask a question and someone to give a public answer buuuut-- how is that different from, say, a forum, or Quote-Tweeting a question and giving an answer?

What actual tools and benefits does CC give to both the people asking the question, and those answering them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
To me it seems like its main use was answering questions with a bigger character limit than Twitter, but without having to make a whole blog post.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lornekates posted:

Question.

Now that CuriousCat is imploding because it is run by psychopaths-- what is the actual benefit of that site? I know it lets people ask a question and someone to give a public answer buuuut-- how is that different from, say, a forum, or Quote-Tweeting a question and giving an answer?

What actual tools and benefits does CC give to both the people asking the question, and those answering them?

Wasn’t Ask.fm also shady? I remember there was a reason everyone switched to CuriousCat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It let people anonymously ask stuff that could be publicly answered without a character limit, yeah.

Darth Walrus posted:

Wasn’t Ask.fm also shady? I remember there was a reason everyone switched to CuriousCat.

At least on mobile it started hammering me with lovely ads.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

First they came for Foursquare and I did not speak up

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lornekates posted:

Question.

It functions as an AMA that never ends, letting people curate questions and respond intelligently (in theory) and letting users engage with the people they’re fans of without having to shout into the void of Twitch chat or be a Patron.

It’s really unfortunate that these people who ran it suck.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/983861622543335424

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/984131409051729920

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lornekates posted:

Question.

Realtalk, Curious Cat ISN'T just a website for Final Fantasy 14 players to post their catgirl erotic role play dating profile?!

drat, guess he took too long to update the history of Voltage Vengerz.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seriously, though, what’s this CuriousCat drama?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

They're being bought out by a company that's known for selling private information

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DoubleCakes posted:

They're being bought out by a company that's known for selling private information

lmao if you think that 100% of your private information isn't already in the hands of at least two dozen different entities

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't know why I'm posting this, but Moviebob decides his audience is morons and takes seven minutes to bitch about how good Rampage is and how everything new sucks.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Is Rampage not actually good? I have no intention of going to see it so.

Also I’m really fuckin’ tired of 30+ year old video game nerds acting like everything made before the PS1 was the best thing ever and making best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles. Bob is pretty much squarely in that camp and it’s super obnoxious.

Also the opening to that review and many of his others was needlessly long, he needs to cut down on the cold open poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lightning Knight posted:

Also I’m really fuckin’ tired of 30+ year old video game nerds acting like everything made before the PS1 was the best thing ever and making best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles. Bob is pretty much squarely in that camp and it’s super obnoxious.

Also the opening to that review and many of his others was needlessly long, he needs to cut down on the cold open poo poo.

The movie is apparently fine, but he felt the need to take the entire review fake laughing at anyone under 25 because of his superior taste. He might not want to admit it, since he didn't like Ready Player One, but he is exactly the kind of self obsessed rear end in a top hat that Ernest Cline was writing for.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Listen, the PS1 is when all the dudebro jocks started liking video games and they became bad! Before they were creative and fun but with the PS1 is when they became trash and pandered to idiots (more like sub-humans who should be prevented from breeding if you ask me) that tried to imitate the greatness of the older stuff. Here, in my new 8 part series of four hour videos I will explain to you all of this.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Can we just get a sequel to Raging Boll with Bob getting wailed on or something

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

somekindofguy posted:

Do you think Uwe would take up wrestling? Id watch him take on Sterdust.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arcsquad12 posted:

The movie is apparently fine, but he felt the need to take the entire review fake laughing at anyone under 25 because of his superior taste. He might not want to admit it, since he didn't like Ready Player One, but he is exactly the kind of self obsessed rear end in a top hat that Ernest Cline was writing for.

Do people under 25 not know what Rampage is? I remember playing the N64 game a lot as a kid.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Wait, is Rampage actually based on the game? They made more Rampage games? Jesus, I thought that game died with the NES.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Lightning Knight posted:

Best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles.

I mean as tiring as it gets, Mario and Zelda did a lot of interesting things and influenced their genres a crazy amount and continue to do so, it'd be kind of dishonest to not have them in some top spots, even if it means most lists keep on ending up with SMB3, OoT/Majora's Mask and Half-Life 2 at the top.

YggiDee posted:

Wait, is Rampage actually based on the game? They made more Rampage games? Jesus, I thought that game died with the NES.

It kind of is but also no they did not, it's another "LET'S MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF BATTLESHIP!" situation.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"This show brought to you by:"

* But nobody came...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://channelawesome.com/our-response/

Channel Awful posted:

Since the posting of the “Not So Awesome” document on Monday, April 2, 2018, we have been exploring all of our options of how to address the lies that have been alleged by multiple disgruntled individuals with vindictive intentions.

Well this is going to go well...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dan seems to be live-tweeting reading the document:

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/984276988780163073

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well this is going to go well...

"QUICK DOUBLE DOWN :hurr:"

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.
I promised never, ever to tweet about them again...

I promised guys...

I PROMISED

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
...past tense?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

I promised never, ever to tweet about them again...

I promised guys...

I PROMISED

It's beyond your control. Definitely beyond your control.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

drat IT DOUG, WE'RE NOT LOSING ENOUGH SUBSCRIBERS, BRING ME MY LAPTOP

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

I am screaming. I myself can't even tell if it's laugh scream or rage screaming.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

I am screaming. I myself can't even tell if it's laugh scream or rage screaming.

They are trying to through all of you under the bus, but they are only throwing themselves.

Edit: Wait, I have a better one: they are trying to throw you all under the bus, without realizing... that you are the bus. :kheldragar:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

ACCUSATION – A few content partners alleged a misogynistic work atmosphere by Channel Awesome.

FACT – Channel Awesome’s current and former female staff, including Tamara Chambers, Rachel Tietz, Aiyanna Wade, and Heather Reusz, have had vastly different experiences than the ones described. We are always trying to improve ourselves both personally and professionally and moving forward we will implement mandatory sensitivity training for all staff to ensure we maintain a culture of respect for all employees.

"You just smeared poo poo on my desk."

"Nu-uh, ask those girls I didn't put poo poo on their desks."

Edit:

quote:

ACCUSATION – Allison Pregler states “not a single person wasn’t miserable.”

FACT – In this video, you’ll find that Allison says that it “was a great production to be a part of. It was a lot of fun to be a part of this and Suburban Knights.”

Did Mike and the others think this was going to be like some sort of smoking gun they found to put the dissent to rest? Like "But you said everything was fine here in this video from years ago. NO TAKE-BACKSIES."

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 12, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love/loathe how some of them are just straight up "FACT: Nuh-uh those women are lying liars becase... uh... I SAID SO!!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"You just smeared poo poo on my desk."

"Nu-uh, ask those girls I didn't put poo poo on their desks."

Edit:

Did Mike and the others think this was going to be like some sort of smoking gun they found to put the dissent to rest? Like "But you said everything was fine here in this video from years ago. NO TAKE-BACKSIES."

ACCUSATION - Sgt. Edwards claims he was kept in solitary for four years and subjected to crippling torture, resulting in the loss of his right leg.

FACT - Sgt. Edwards clearly says in this video, taking while he was in captivity, that he and his fellow men are treated great, and that his imprisonment is the fault of the Imperialists.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"I'm not a misogynist! Look at all my female friends!"
"I'm not a racist! My lawyer is black!"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's heartening to see that the comments are in full riot because it turns out people aren't as dumb as Michaud apparently thinks they are.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

somekindofguy posted:

Raging Boll II is in the process of coming about, actually. Boll's gonna beat Alex Jones senseless if he ever gets his hands on his plump, sweaty, red rear end. Also MovieBob loves giant monster movies, of loving course he'd love Rampage.

...These people are idiots.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Do they even have any feet left to shoot?

Like, this is the exact opposite of damage control, but I guess Mike doesn't comprehend empathy or decency.

I guess one silver-lining is that the comments section of that statement is putting them on blast for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

I mean this kind of corroborates everything we said. Ultimately, look at these petty loving babies. Who ignore the majority of criticisms leveled and focus on discrediting... mostly women. With non-evidence. That does not discredit anyone.

I mean hey. They IP banned a mean guy once. We support woommmmzzzz