Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The image in this tweet reflects the current state of Channel Awesome:

https://twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/983238347685613571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/linkara19/status/984291032115437568?s=21

A good thread.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
These loving idiots. Would it kill anyone there to learn how to loving listen and communicate? Not that that would fix the whole "lying bitches" thing they've also got going on, but how much poo poo and vitriol could they avoid by actually using their senses?

It boggled my mind when this poo poo first was put out, and it boggles my mind now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This is the true 10 year anniversary special.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8RVU2RtxY0

Did I go overboard with this? I don't want to get probated again.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Halo games (up until 4 when they change studios) are all quite good and well worth a play if you have the opportunity to do so.

I think what people like Bob hate about them though is that Halo really did fundamentally change the market for videogames; Prior to it, they were something of a niche hobby outside of kids playing the new Mario/Sonic/etc, but suddenly you've got this easy-to-learn mature-themed shooter that just about anyone can pick up and play for short matches. Online. That caused a big explosion in game development, because there was a veritable gold rush to chase Halo sales figures with anything they can think of.

Hell some studios still measure success by Halo-level numbers.

You still sort of had that with games like Quake, I know PS2 or Dreamcast got in with online thing with Phantasy Star Online or some other game, but I get what you're saying. Halo and its online was a lot more accessible.

I think what annoys me is there's this lamentation about how it lead to a deluge of slow-paced, military-themed (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, etc.) that lack creativity and just try to cash in on the same success. From my perspective,though, it's not much different from the '90s, where the success of Mario and Sonic lead to abundance of mascot platformers trying to copy that (Aero the Acrobat, Bubsy, Awesome Possum, that duck with the electrical cord for a tail, James Pond). Hell, nowadays, you have the whole thing with the whole MOBA/FPS hybrids or those Battle Royale-esque shooters (Overwatch, Battleborn, Fortnight, PUBG)

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Halo games (up until 4 when they change studios) are all quite good and well worth a play if you have the opportunity to do so.

The games done by Bungie I've heard are all good, but the only one I have available to play is the first one on PC (via a mod of the PC port called SPV3). I don't have an XBONE, and from what I remember, the Master Chief Collection is still broken, meaning that I'd probably have to seek out a classic XBOX and the individual games.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 12, 2018

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

I don't know if anyone else has ever watched RebelTaxi but that's a pretty good YouTube channel I watch. The guy behind it (he calls himself Pan-Pizza) focuses mainly on reviewing animation but he tends to go into a good bit of detail on the production of the things he reviews, and he's even gotten into contact with C.H. Greenblatt from Chowder and Ian Jones-Quartey from O.K. K.O. Let's Be Heroes. His style of humor leads a bit too crass sometimes but I like the insight he gives.

I'm a RebelTaxi fan both his videos and his podcast. It's pretty funny how he's charismatic but at the same time a complete nerd. Sometimes he overdoes it but something I like in internet critics is when they're vulnerable (this is what first attracted me to Contrapoints). His review for Allen Gregory had more laughs than the entirety of the show, but my favourite of his videos is the essay on why TV doesn't want anime or action cartoons. To bring it to other reviewers, certain episodes of his podcasts introduced me to Night Mind and Guru Larry Jr.

Also WOW I was not expecting Angry Joe to leave CA.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

It's funny, I remembered Pan-Pizza talked on his podcast once after Allison was fired that he was actually going to join Channel Awesome after he got picked up in their talent search thing. He didn't get to join though because he missed a Skype call.

Sounds eerily familiar.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Max Wilco posted:

Back when Halo was at height of its popularity, I was on the bandwagon of people who thought Halo was overrated and was responsible for the death of classic FPS style (Quake, Duke3D, etc.). However, in the last couple of years, I've looked at the Halo games, and I have thought about playing them (not that Microsoft has made it real easy), because they do seem pretty solid.

I have constantly struggled to "get" Halo. Something about the feel of it is just wrong to me, coming from a PC twitch shooter background. I owned the first game for PC, never got very far in the campaign, and instead played endless multiplayer, and only matches that involved lots of vehicles and heavy weapons and such (including a rad custom New Mombasa map based on the Halo 2 trailer a few times).

Having watched Raycevick's retrospective videos, I have a bit more of an overall appreciation of the games, particularly the later ones I never got to experience at all (would love to play ODST at the very least), but cue the exact same sensation when Destiny 2 hits and everyone's raving about how it has that patented Bungie Good Gun FeelTM and I'm left confused because it too feels off.

Like I can only assume it has something to do with some fundamental difference in how the game feels to play with a controller vs. keyboard and mouse, because I'm otherwise at a loss to understand how everyone else can go nuts for those games while they leave me lukewarm every time.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I’ve just read that disgusting joke of a response from Mike and… wow. I feel the need to repeat my comment from a while ago about Mike being a shittier and shittier person every time I hear about him.

It’s hilarious that, even when he’s trying to provide evidence to back up his claims, he still can’t get it right because it doesn’t say what he thinks it says:

Mike Michaud posted:

ACCUSATION – Jane Doe accuses us of knowing about a “sexual deviant” for over a year (Page 66).

FACT – The screen shot below clearly demonstrates the time elapsed from being made aware of the individual in question (name redacted for legal reasons) and the time the content partner was released from Channel Awesome – 3 weeks, not over a year. During the 3 week period, we consulted a lawyer and waited to see if anyone would come directly to us, as our only knowledge of this was second hand.

It is obvious the person who came forward with this in the Not So Awesome document wants their name protected, so we will continue to do so.

Except, if you look at the chat log in question, in no way does it “clearly demonstrate” that this was the first time they were hearing about the allegations. All it proves is that they were discussing the situation in January 2013 before they finally resolved a month later to kick the guy out. Frankly, from the way it’s worded it sounds more like a last straw situation and that they had dealt with similar complaints before.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s literally a textbook narcissist—like a Trump-level specimen of what a personality disorder looks like. He can’t see how this response is literally the worst thing he could do and doesn’t understand that reality is different from his rationalization of what happened, and that as a result he’s going to be further criticized and ridiculed. He just can’t let any criticism go.

It’s irresponsible to make observations like this, but it couldn’t be any clearer. Who could possibly think that document would fix anything?

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

MasakoX isn't on the site anymore either, by the way. That leaves 9 producers left.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

MasakoX isn't on the site anymore either, by the way. That leaves 9 producers left.

I do hope Brad and Bennett find a measure of solace and solidarity with their remaining peers... Blockbuster Buster and Toons These Days. In the meanwhile, I've dropped both of them on my YouTube subscriptions and it'll be a long loving while before I ever reconsider re'upping them or plugging anything they do even if they leave Channel Awesome now anyway.

E: Like, I mean at least Larry hemmed and hawed about maybe leaving the site before he apparently chose to stay on. So I don't know if that makes it better or worse than Brad proudly planting his flag atop Mt. Michaud or Bennett's utter radio silence on the matter.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 12, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think what people like Bob hate about them though is that Halo really did fundamentally change the market for videogames; Prior to it, they were something of a niche hobby outside of kids playing the new Mario/Sonic/etc, but suddenly you've got this easy-to-learn mature-themed shooter that just about anyone can pick up and play for short matches. Online. That caused a big explosion in game development, because there was a veritable gold rush to chase Halo sales figures with anything they can think of.

Hell some studios still measure success by Halo-level numbers.

I think that's overstating Halo's overall influence. 2001 and 2002 were the heyday of the PS2 and Halo was competing against (and losing to) games like GTA3, Vice CIty, Gran Turismo 3 and MGS2.

It had a huge impact in pushing console gamers online (and helped solidify console FPS games as an actual genre) but I don't think it changed the market by itself.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Man, there is something sad about someone living so vicariously though the success of a movie. :smith:

Also, his weird obsession with retro gaming is becoming somewhat obsessive. it is one think to be a fan of old school platformers, but decrying everything that has been devolved since 2001 is just stupid. Not to mention that he seems to have a huge blind spot when it comes to PC games. That is especially evident when he keeps harking on about Halo, since that game wasn't really all that special or memorable when you didn't own a consol.

e X fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 12, 2018

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

E: Like, I mean at least Larry hemmed and hawed about maybe leaving the site before he apparently chose to stay on. So I don't know if that makes it better or worse than Brad proudly planting his flag atop Mt. Michaud or Bennett's utter radio silence on the matter.

Someone here in the last thread said that Larry admitted to them in private that he hates CA and is only staying to watch the fireworks and implosions from within. He's said on Twitter that he doesn't feel comfortable leaving now as (since he was never a big name producer) it would feel to him like he's just riding the coat-tails of the producers who paved the way.

Either way, with Joe and Masako gone, the non-Doug producer count on TGWTG can be counted on two hands now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

GoneRampant posted:

Someone here in the last thread said that Larry admitted to them in private that he hates CA and is only staying to watch the fireworks and implosions from within. He's said on Twitter that he doesn't feel comfortable leaving now as (since he was never a big name producer) it would feel to him like he's just riding the coat-tails of the producers who paved the way.

Either way, with Joe and Masako gone, the non-Doug producer count on TGWTG can be counted on two hands now.

...Neither of those are good excuses for staying at this point, honestly. I don't particularly care what way he ultimately goes, I was never really a fan of Larry's anyway, but the absolute last window to leave is closing rapidly, if not already closed thanks to The Response. We'll see just what kind of disaster their video address turns out to be. But in my books, anyone who's still up on that site by Saturday evening, I'm officially done with and have lost all respect for.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Kim Justice posted:

I've just heard they're apparently planning a video response too...because the text one's gone down SO well.

All the management nous learnt from being a store clerk is really on show, innit

Yeah, both Malcolm and Tamara have indicated there's a video coming... And that would be the most stupid thing CA could possibly do from a PR standpoint, so they'll probably do it. Right now, this thing is still sorta contained to Twitter, Tumblr and their own site, with a smattering of youtube videos. Most of their subscribers are blissfully unaware of the situation right now. If they put up a video broadcasting the issue to their million fans, well, give an idiot enough rope and he'll hang himself I guess.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
What's the worst thing they could possibly try? Skits where they impersonate and mock former CA staff to "recreate" what "actually" happened?

I mean, they wouldn't possibly do that, but it's about the worst they could do without, like, suing the Not So Awesome auths for defamation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"Hel-LO, I'm the Accusation Critic, I refute it so you don't have to."

*swears loudly and fires a gun*

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Do we think the video's going to actually be made by Doug, or is Mike Michaud actually going to come in front of a camera and drive a final nail in the company personally?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Dabir posted:

"Hel-LO, I'm the Accusation Critic, I refute it so you don't have to."

*swears loudly and fires a gun*

Oh God this is what it's going to be isn't it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Linear Zoetrope posted:

What's the worst thing they could possibly try? Skits where they impersonate and mock former CA staff to "recreate" what "actually" happened?

I mean, they wouldn't possibly do that, but it's about the worst they could do without, like, suing the Not So Awesome auths for defamation.

Probably somewhere on the scale between the Christine O'Donnell "I'm not a witch..." video, or the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster apology video, or >run Zuckerberg.exe/I_am_[ADJECTIVE]_sorry,_humans_re:Facebook.mp4.

Some schmaltzy thing of Doug staring into a soft focus lens in front of a gray dapple backdrop and talking in what he assumes to be a pleasing yet conciliatory tone about Certain Misconceptions, while not actually saying anything or apologizing for anything either.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

nine-gear crow posted:

I do hope Brad and Bennett find a measure of solace and solidarity with their remaining peers... Blockbuster Buster and Toons These Days. In the meanwhile, I've dropped both of them on my YouTube subscriptions and it'll be a long loving while before I ever reconsider re'upping them or plugging anything they do even if they leave Channel Awesome now anyway.

Yeah, I put Bennett in the dumb gif I made because he looks funny and I figured, gently caress it, it's only a matter of time anyway. But he's still there. He will always be there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Basically, if they're forcing Malcolm and Tamara to be a part of it instead of plunking Doug's doofy rear end down alone in front of a camera in his living room and having him wing it, then whatever video statement they put out is 100% going to be some over-produced tone deaf fart that you would almost mistake for parody at first blush.

E:

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah, I put Bennett in the dumb gif I made because he looks funny and I figured, gently caress it, it's only a matter of time anyway. But he's still there. He will always be there.

Clearly, it should have been Joe :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 12, 2018

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically, if they're forcing Malcolm and Tamara to be a part of it instead of plunking Doug's doofy rear end down alone in front of a camera in his living room and having him wing it, then whatever video statement they put out is 100% going to be some over-produced tone deaf fart that you would almost mistake for parody at first blush.

Also, as a million dollar company, putting out something like this at 11:30 is remarkably unprofessional.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Sorry, but iirc, wasn't there a call to NOT shame or question contributes who haven't left the site? And even if there wasn't, could we keep that to a minimum? Coming from the peanut gallery, it comes across as some what disingenuous, especially when "offense" of the person in question is literally just not commenting on something on social media. I get that there is a lot sympathy towards the people involved in this and that some of them even post here, but the vast majority us are just anonymous posters in a lovely thread on the internet, so we aren't really entitled to any information or statement from anybody involved. So, could we at least wait with the calls for boycotts until anybody actually actively starts to defend Channel Awesome?

edit: Or basically: While 99.9% of us probably don't like Alt-Right, transphobic, homophobic or any other prejudice we can be prone to witchhunting, if there is proof of somebody being a shitheel feel free to share it; but we should slightly chill with grasping at straws.

e X fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Apr 12, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I imagine it to be the next Sibling Rivalry, where Doug and Rob “reviews” the document.

Alternatively, they might do what they did after that Bart Simpson LP catastrophy, and frame a review for a much requested movie as a “compensation” for an earlier fuckup. It’s so tone deaf it might actually cross their minds to do it!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

I admittedly haven't looked at their twitter accounts or anything, but confirming a video's coming doesn't mean they're in it. Could just be "yep, word from on high is there'll be a video soon".

e X posted:

Sorry, but iirc, wasn't there a call to NOT shame or question contributes who haven't left the site? And even if there wasn't, could we keep that to a minimum? Coming from the peanut gallery, it comes across as some what disingenuous, especially when "offense" of the person in question is literally just not commenting on something on social media. I get that there is a lot sympathy towards the people involved in this and that some of them even post here, but the vast majority us are just anonymous posters in a lovely thread on the internet, so we aren't really entitled to any information or statement from anybody involved. So, could we at least wait with the calls for boycotts until anybody actually actively starts to defend Channel Awesome?

That call came through when there were 20-30 producers and one or two leaving was by individual choice. Which is pretty reasonable. When CA started doubling-down on their bullshit with an indefensible confrontation about how it's all lies and fraud (with a video coming no less), along with being down to nine producers after a rapid mass-exodus it paints a very different picture.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my favorite part of the response is the 30 second clip of allison blankly saying that she loves to entertain people as proof that to boldly flee was a fun shoot with no issues or problems

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Testekill posted:

Sure, she was allowed to leave (but we fired her) and she could go pursue other work (after we forced her to sign a contract that would give her severance pay)

It's also not dismissing anything. The NC IP is owned by Channel Awesome itself? Okay but who is the majority shareholder of Channel Awesome? It's still Michaud

The crazy thing is, isn't this provable cause for once there actually IS a paper trail? Like these are the things that there was actually contracts and signed paperwork for, can't Holly just bring up the dismissal paperwork and the non compete clause paperwork? Assuming she didn't toss them, though I wouldn't blame her if she got rid of them.

Honestly I'm more surprised about this, I thought Sage would have left earlier.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lightning Knight posted:

Also I’m really fuckin’ tired of 30+ year old video game nerds acting like everything made before the PS1 was the best thing ever and making best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles.

i mean, it could just be that those games are in fact among the best ever? like, the whole reason they keep making lists is because they still play loving phenomenally, especially when contrasted with the n64/ps1 era (hell, i'd say they've even aged a lot better than a large portion of the gamecube/xbox/ps2 libraries). that doesn't mean that there aren't much newer games that are among the best ever, and if some idiot is holding them up as examples of why 'games were so much better in my day :bahgawd:' then they can go gently caress themselves, but crying that they should not keep making lists of best games ever made strictly because some people say that is kinda dumb. at most there should be a separate category for games like ocarina of time which, while being one of the absolute most important and influential games ever made, has not aged gracefully at all, especially when compared with a link to the past or the wind waker.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

halo did not change fuckin poo poo. it was a game on a console vastly outsold by the ps2 and the dreaded 'casuals' had already taken control of the gaming market to the degree that ea not supporting the dreamcast with its sports line was a major contributing factor to its demise. poo poo, 2 of the top 3 best-selling ps1 games were gran turismo, and the third was ff7, a game that, due to a brilliant and industry-shaping marketing campaign, drew in a shitton of casual gamers to a series that previously only turbonerds like myself were even aware of.

actually no i take it back, halo did change something: the horrid controls on the warthog changed how a lot of games did vehicle controls, which it still boggles my mind that anyone ever thought that control scheme was anywhere near acceptable let alone worth emulating.

lmao these dumb motherfuckers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You know that's exactly why they do it, though. Nostalgia trumps all ideas of quality or anything else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You know that's exactly why they do it, though. Nostalgia trumps all ideas of quality or anything else.

again, this goes into my argument for a separate list of games that are hugely important but have aged poorly. now, pokemon gold or silver, those are games that could go on a best ever list (though i'd argue for black/white and heart gold/soul silver over them).

e: thanks for editing your post so quickly that the original wasn't even picked up when i quoted it, jerk

as far as 'that's why they do it', this is a completely pointless argument. using this as an argument is basically saying 'no these celebrated games that are still played and loved by tons of people just aren't very good'. i don't think you're gonna get much traction with that. certain idiots like moviebob might hold older games up as examples of why games are bad now, but by and large most lists i've seen have those games alongside much newer games as well. if i were to be bothered making a list, games like super mario world and a link to the past would definitely be up near the top...along with games like persona 4, morrowind and battlefield: bad company 2.

of course the other way to go would just be to say that lists are stupid anyway. i find it impossible to settle on a single game that i'd consider the best ever or even my own personal favorite ever because comparing games in completely different genres with completely different graphical styles, goals, levels of interactivity, control schemes, etc. is absurd. there's no meaningful comparison one can make between, say, alpha centauri and doom, so determining which is a 'better' game seems unreasonable.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 12, 2018

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I apologize if this is old news, but I just discovered this guy and I have to share him with the world. This guy is like a living New Joisey stereotype and it's loving hilarous.

https://youtu.be/sQviZHzODrs

EH GABBAGOOL, YA GOTTA PLAY DIS FUCKIN SOLDJAH BLADE GAME. BADA BING, BADA BOOM, YA BLOWIN UP ALL DEEZ ROBITS WITH DA LAZAHS AN poo poo. ALSO DONT CALL DEEZ GAMES SHMUPS YA RETAHTID FENOOKS, THAT SOUNDS DUMB AS poo poo, GO gently caress YASELF. OKAY NOW LEMMIE TELL YA ABOUT DA TIME I BANGED SOME BLACK HOOKERS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pictured: a non-miserable person

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

This is the true 10 year anniversary special.
And how :allears:

e X posted:

Also, his weird obsession with retro gaming is becoming somewhat obsessive. it is one think to be a fan of old school platformers, but decrying everything that has been devolved since 2001 is just stupid. Not to mention that he seems to have a huge blind spot when it comes to PC games. That is especially evident when he keeps harking on about Halo, since that game wasn't really all that special or memorable when you didn't own a consol.
Somewhat? He literally wrote a book about how Super Mario Bros. 3 changed/defined his life. He also has a massive, massive blind spot when it comes to Spider-Man because he enshrines the first two Raimi movies to the point of being allergic to anything that doesn't fit in that box.

Leal posted:

Honestly I'm more surprised about this, I thought Sage would have left earlier.
:same: for him and Brad.

pictured: a non-miserable person
God these dumb motherfuckers. I've never seen such arrogant contempt coming from people who really, really never had any high ground even when they were riding high.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ACCUSATION: "women" claim people were mistreated.

FACT: nobody was that's stupid they must be on their period here is the proof: :proof:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Larry has said he wants to leave but "might not be able to afford to" which makes me wonder if there's a contract involved

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

Larry has said he wants to leave but "might not be able to afford to" which makes me wonder if there's a contract involved

Probably more like Channel Awesome revenue + youtube revenue is a living wage but youtube revenue alone isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

mind the walrus posted:

Somewhat? He literally wrote a book about how Super Mario Bros. 3 changed/defined his life. He also has a massive, massive blind spot when it comes to Spider-Man because he enshrines the first two Raimi movies to the point of being allergic to anything that doesn't fit in that box.

True, but there is a difference between having a personal, subjective admiration for something and being obsessed with it. Like, if SMB3 was such an important game to him, good for him, but that doesn't mean that everything that everything published past 1989 is crap. Hell, even that would be fine if he had any arguments for it that isn't just Jocks :argh: